Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: PPTMAC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Guys... *sighs*
So, Marissa and I had a little chat... about PPTMAC.

I was admittedly dissapointed with the amount of entries (12 for the record, I don't count my own, since I couldn't win anyways) for a theme like "Fantasy" considering just how much fantasy art runs through the forums... art... poetry... (even photography!).

Thusly... everyone should say goodbye to PPTMAC... for at least a little while.
If it does come back it won't be run reguarily seeing as that doesn't seem to work, and it will involve being a giant free for all. Meaning no themes, anything goes.

Thats the deal. If you've got an idea, complaint, issue... whatever... leave it here (but it has to do with PPTMAC, I don't want to hear about how your cat ate your hamster)... (well not on this thread, send me a PM. My dog ate my hamster once... horrific... thing that was).

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Last edited by ahoteinrun on Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:29 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The only reason I didn't enter last month was because I didn't get a scanner in time. My brother was supposed to talk to someone who knew a thing or two about 'em, and when he finally got around to that it was like October 20th, and him and Mom never took me to get one. So... BLARG. Not like I would've won anyway, but I still wanted to show off my pwetty artwork and get some pwetty shiny prizes and fame. Now I can't. Wah. ;_;

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Awww... stinks that it won't be run regularly, but I can understand why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As I said before, I want to enter, I just put it off. I know you can't force me to enter, but you should, I give you permission to. If it comes back - I will almost certainly enter. If I can't write a fresh piece of writing, I will atleast give you one from my currently building portfolio.

If I were you, I'd consier running it as you do now, with themes and all that, but bimonthly - give everyone a chance to get their entries in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Last month I had to break into my new computer....
Also.... I HAVE NEVER SEEN FANTASY ART ON THIS FORUM!
I rest my case.

Set=Kitten Medli
Adam+Liz=<3
Liz: Well. That proves how good everyone's memories are.
Me: Well I have no memor........What did you just say?

Post subject: meep
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:18 pm 

Well I just got here and entered your last contest on a whim.
Twelve people entering sounds like a lot to me. This is just a Neopets forum and not everyone who posts in the art forum are artists by life. Probably just a hobby for most of them and if the mood strikes them they'll take a few moments out of their life and sketch something up for the contest.

Suggestions? Keep the contest. Once a month is a good timeline for it. Bimonthly would not be. People would simply forget about it. Perhaps every week make an announcement that there's only so much time left to enter. And maybe change the required information so that you're only asking for the title, medium, and anything you want to say about your piece. A little less writing might make things better.

Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

If I would've known the forums had returned (I used to be a member, but then the forums kind of disappeared a few months ago), I so would've entered! So, alas, I wasn't here then! But I would certainly be interested in entering again - so I'd say, keep it up! Maybe extend the deadlines a little. Make it every other month or something. And I'd keep the theme, just 'cause themes are fun and give people ideas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Adam wrote:
Also.... I HAVE NEVER SEEN FANTASY ART ON THIS FORUM!

Well... I would consider anything neopets fantasy; because they are. They don't exist. They're just more made up creatures, like gryphons and dragons... they're not real.
Also? You have never seen fantasy art on this forum? Then obviously Adam, you don't look hard enough, because I myself have posted more then one piece of fantasy artwork.

digitalkaizermyuu wrote:
Twelve people entering sounds like a lot to me. This is just a Neopets forum and not everyone who posts in the art forum are artists by life. Probably just a hobby for most of them and if the mood strikes them they'll take a few moments out of their life and sketch something up for the contest.

Suggestions? Keep the contest. Once a month is a good timeline for it. Bimonthly would not be. People would simply forget about it. Perhaps every week make an announcement that there's only so much time left to enter. And maybe change the required information so that you're only asking for the title, medium, and anything you want to say about your piece. A little less writing might make things better.

I've run this contest for awhile now, and I also entered it before I was a mod, when it was run by someone else. Twelve entries isn't a lot. I remember months in which we got 8... or less. And yet when it's been run before, i've seen months with themes (though not run by me), get to about 20 entries. The last one I ran that had no theme got something like 30. This tells me a lot about the people here even if most people don't realise that.

And by Bimonthly. I don't mean it's up for two months. I mean... it will run for a month every few months. Announcements take up space, and I feel that they could clutter the forums. But perhaps there is another way around that.
I already know your previous feelings about the entry forms.

Matt wrote:
As I said before, I want to enter, I just put it off.

If I was to chase down everyone who said "I want to enter, remind me too" I would spend all my time on PPT badgering people. And thats not my job. My own personal feelings on the issue are that, if you don't care enough to remember to enter, why should I have to spend my time, my energy into tracking you down?

Riddikulus wrote:
And I'd keep the theme, just 'cause themes are fun and give people ideas!

Themes seem to scare people off. Though like you, I personally enjoy them. The broader the theme the more the entries.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:13 am 

personally I love the pptmac. I love having a consistant contest every month with a different theme which limits me ( a good thing) and makes me try things I might not have in the past. Although I loved not having a theme everyonce in a while that way I can enter my best peice regaurdless of what kind of art it is. I feel that way my hardest work get used rather than sitting around till the right theme comes along.
Mind you I dont alway eneter for lack of time or total artist block but I do try and I really enjoy the experience.

in other words I would love for you guys to continue the contest but I totally understand if you feel differently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I also like the PPTMAC. I think perhaps the problem is with the themes. They are very general. "Fantasy" encompasses a massive massive genre of art and leaves many people at loss. Obviously if you think long and hard about it you can come up with something, but i dunno.... its less fun? I mean, perhaps it would have been clichéd to do this, but for me a halloween theme would have been logical for this month. Last october I squiggled and giggled with enjoyment when I looked at the PPTMAC thread and saw many halloween pictures. There's unity and a common theme shared by all the work which is very nice. With a general theme, its difficult to see anything in common with the various bits of work.

You know, if for December the theme was "Christmas" I guarantee there'll be scores of entries. I know that I'll even clean the inside of my mouse and draw a whole new picture.

Obviously I know that you picked a general theme because it's less restrictive for people but I personally feel something more defined would be better.

Perhaps for november the theme could be fireworks..... I know this is primarily a british thing what with guy fawkes night and all, but it'd be accessible to everyone! Poems about fireworks, stories about a fantastic fireworks display, cool photography and computer arty stuff. That way everyone knows what they should be doing and won't struggle.

Anyway, just my 12 yen, I didn't feel like it having just finished a 1500 word essay but the PPTMAC is so darn integral to PPT i couldn't not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aw poop! I just came out of the shower with thoughts to come on here, take a look at the October winners and then get ideas for the November one, because after a date this month I'm actually free. I'd even thought it would have been good for Pink Ink Art section.

I really, really love PPTMAC. Even if I don't enter - although I try to, if I've got extra time - I look at all the entries. It's just one of those PPT traditions that are really nice. If you asked a person about something integral to "PPT art", it would be PPTMAC. It's always been (under a different name, true) here as long as I can remember joining (and reading the art section). That would make it nearly two years old, at least.

I love the themes! That's part of what makes entering it so cool. If it was always free choice, you'd never have some kind of standard and that would mean you'd never know what to enter. The themes provide me with a starting point and inspiration. I usually do better when I have a starting point and I enjoy being able to produce something related to words you have written for the theme.

Perhaps if you didn't have NP for prizes, it would be easier for you two financially? I was honestly really happy when I got an icon that said I was a PPTMAC winner (heck, I think I still have it). I didn't take the money because I barely played Neopets and it wasn't what I wanted. I was even happier when there was a mention about the winners of PPTMAC in Pink Ink for something else. Maybe you could have a PPTMAC with no money awards just to see how many people do want to enter for the sake of it, to get an idea?

I admit I'm rambling now out of distress, but I really, really will miss PPTMAC if it's not a regular, PPT thing that will always be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

NOOO!

Don't stop PPTMAC!
There were only two things stopping me from entering since I've beena PPT member: lack of a scanner, and shyness about my poetry.

And without themes, I don't think I'll have any motivation

Once a monthe is a really good timiline, I think. I agree with digitalkaizermyuu, posting maybe once a week is a good idea.
Requiring forms, I think, was a bad idea. That's part of what discouraged me.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Never entered, but I was hoping to try for November's...... oh well. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh man! Another PPTMAC cancelled! The only reason I didn't enter last months PPTMAC is because I couldn't think of some good Fantasy photography! I think it may also have been that last month people weren't very active. I know I didn't come onto the forums that often last month. Please start it back up in December. Otherwise MY little elves may have to pay you a call *For those of you who weren't here last year, My christmas name was "Satan Claus". My elves cut out eyes :)*

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I agree with Ixistant. I can think of no fantasy photography and that's the best I can do at the moment. I felt kind of left out because of it so I didn't even try. :/ Sorry...

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next