Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: The Dragon of Balica {Open}
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:26 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

There is one verrrry important rule. Do not, I repeat, do NOT use that bio format used in most RPs. I see one in an RP, I completely avoid it. It just annoys me that much.

This is the Realm, which I made three years ago in the 5th grade, and I'm still quite surprised at myself. Should this RP be successful, it will enter the history of the Realm and become a legend itself.

A few things to clear up, should it pop up:

The setting is mainly in Balica, the largest kingdom in Nariia's Realm.

Should anyone wonder, Nariia is the goddess of life and creation.

Now, Balica has deserts toward the east, hills toward the west, and then finally, the sea beyond the hills. It's quite the quick transition, and no one's really ever figured out how the hills stayed so lush, while the deserts, though propers from trade from two other kingdoms, is basically, completely, a desert. The cities there are in the southeastern corner, and all along the south border. As you go north, the less civilzation there is. The hills mainly consist of farms, orchids, the such, but is extremely expensive to own, and most of which goes to the main cities. The desert experiences sun and occasionally rain for three seasons, but in the winter, it snows for about a week, and has been like this forever, basically.

The people there live mainly as traders or "Balician forgers", making items out of sand (after going through a long process of course). Purely Balician people are either has blond, orange or red hair, but mixes could result in most anything else.

On to the other things:

1. If anyone wants to be from other kingdoms, here's a little about them:

Faraduke- The second largest kingdom, part of Balica trade. New generations of mysticals are found to have lived there. The center kingdom, most diverse kingdom.
Grendilinen-Mainly wilderness, it's hugely influenced by Balica culture, and clothing and even the appearances of people are similar.
Natile- A huge magic kingdom, mainly because of the Mage Academy and Citadel. Mainly scholars, mages, apothacary apprentices, seers, and charmers (of items and beasts).
"Gypsy Territory"- Two turbulant territories, Ritakel and Makle (Makle being the one on the west side.). A lot of nomadic people travel between the kingdoms (which sits upon, you could say, a HUGE plateau).
Cromoke-Wasteland struggling to survive, it's a strip of land north of Balica.

Don't be from these kingdoms, but they're there:
Teradon- Wasteland from the Great Fire.
Duranham- Mystics and they keep to themselves.
Astonia-Basically fayes, and the gods, greater spirits, and the Great Mages. City on a cloud atop a mountain. This is a "heaven", peaceful, mind you, and isn't a kingdom. The place is rather just hard to get to unless you're a great figure on the Realm, and dead.
Louni-Sea kingdom, lost, so don't even think about it. But you can mention it as a myth, because there's some undersea "villages" by Balica.

2. There is only ONE dragon (known) in the Realm, Saffren, the guardian of the Realm, whom is both feared and respected. Most other great beasts left to the Isle of Peace. Rare, but existing creatues include unicorns, draegas (a smaller winged, but flightless cousin of dragons), and Shapewings (think large snake+griffin). Sightings of Griffins have existed, though is doubtful and never proved.

Yes, I do know I'm standing next to a dragon in my introduction, and the word dragon is in the title. And your point is... :) (remember, Saffren is the only KNOWN dragon :))

3. The Realm is an extremely magical place... to an extent. Ancient magic, which is elemental magic, is long gone, assuming this takes place sometime around my last story was held. The heroine of my last story, Faewyn, is the only and last holder of Ancient magic. Of course, little things don't count. You're just not able to lift vines out of the ground like she could. And most likely, you'd probably need a magical instrument to aid you with your power.

Sakya cupped her hands and drank from the oasis and then splashed her face in relief from the heat. It was surprising that she was the only human in the desert perhaps for miles as it would seem- she was still a child looking only around 15. Her clothes were lengthened repeatedly with dragonscales and scraps of misshaped cloth. Her hair was extremely tangled, sometimes looking like a passing tumbleweed, but every time a gust came by, it would release itself again and become loose and untangled.

The only companion of hers was now dipping its head in the water, taking a long drink. Latta was her name, a dragon, golden-bronze, like the sands beneath her. It was still young, only able to fly a few feet in the air before falling back down. She never had any human contact other than Sakya, though instincts told her to be cautious, she knew to trust Sakya. Of course, then there's the matter that the both did know that Latta was the only dragon besides Saffren that existed in the realm. How Latta came to be, neither knew.

Sakya had been wandering the desert all her life with Latta, whom she found as a child. She's never seen a big village, let alone a big city. She wanders only around the northern deserts, stealing from lone huts, always finding food just when all hope was lost. She knew little of the language, though did know a lot of what people spoke of, never tried to speak it herself. She never did come to trust her own kind, for she was left in the desert as as a child, and grew up in harsh conditions, but despite all that, survived. In a better look at it, she knew the desert better than anyone else. Her days of wandering gave her a mental map, when even people would only see endless sand dunes, she knew exactly where she was.

What kind of silly person needs a signature?

Last edited by someorangegirlingreen on Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: A land full of joy and happiness, and happiness and joy.
A young boy stood in Astonia before the great Mages. They had only lerned of him lately. Anka Dragonheart was his name.

He stood in his tattered clothes in which he had survived in for 10 years. His parents were Great mages who had went on a quest to find an ancient artifact with him when he was 5, while they were searching something had killed them but before they died they magically passed on all thier knowlage to him.

He had survived as an orphan. The only thing he possed from them was his father's staff. He had been brought before them for his magical prowess in water and fire (the elements his mother and father used.)

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! Ow! Let GO!" He whined to the guards who brought him before them.

[URL=http://randomness.talonz.com/smf]ImageImage
Set by WIS/Button by TS.
Join a werewolf game! Click here![/URL]

Last edited by .:Compact Disk:. on Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Riandra Let'hausen basked on the hillsides of Balica, tired from her long hike, still shaking drops of sea water out of her tattered pants. Her grey eyes were weary, but still alert. In her arm was a flute, a small plaything, made of silver and brass, but magically enhanced to keep the notes clear and precise. She began to play a tune, watching rolling clouds drift by, a pastime of hers.

I miss Natile,She thought to herself, while playing a solemn piece,It was more ... eventful.

After finishing her song, she packed away her flute, and extracted a small circular disk from her leather pouch. It was a family keepsake, etched with the names of all who possessed it. Its image depicted storms and tidal waves, only to be counter-parted with fire and volcanoes on the reversed side. It gave her the ability to sense coming natural events, but only faintly, as time slowly aged the magic placed on it generations ago. She tried to refresh the spell, time after time, only to have smoke issue from the disk. Some things were just too old to re-charm.

Back to the present. Riandra flipped the disk in the air, to have it land on the storm side. Sighing, she started to look around for shelter, as the clouds turned from pearl white to a deeper shade of grey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:48 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Sakya looked up at the sky, still sunny like usual, but she could feel the clouds gather beyond the horizon. Was it big enough for a storm? She wasn't one to take such risks. She knew how quickly the desert could flood should a storm arise. She glanced at Latta, who finished drinking. She went over and caressed her before mounting. It was almost as if they shared one mind, and the dragon bounded off to the direction Sakya was planning to go. They had to find higher ground quick- the area was much too flat. It seemed so soon that clouds were getting darker and closer, that the next second, a clap of thunder would be heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Great mages beheld this young tattered skinny rouge from his messy long hair to his tattered sandels. It was obvious he was always on the move.
"We have recently gained knowlage of your heratige and acomplishments boy!"
"What about it?" he asked.
"DO NOT Interrupt me. We shall have to learn you manners boy!"
"Bu..."
"WHAT DID I SAY?" Interrupted the Great Mage. "You have been passed on great gifts from your parents. We last knew they were off on an Adventure to find The Book of Lost Magic. 'The Raienn.' ((Pronounced - Ry-een)) do you remember?
Anka had never heard this word spoken before. It had huanted him in Nightmares and Dreams, dreams of a Woman and a Man who he could only assume were his Mother and Father.
"WELL BOY? Do you know of it. For goodness sake when I want you to be quiet you're all mouth but when I want you to talk..."
"YES... Yes... I have..."

Set by WIS/Button by TS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

A short, blonde-haired girl lazily opened one aqua-blue eye at the nudge of a very wet nose at her side. She couldn't see a thing. She yawned and stretched, wondering where she was again. She stood up slowly, wincing as she moved her sore limbs. She'd been sleeping sitting up against something hard.

'A-CHOO!'

The place was full of dust. The girl, by the name of Caress, rubbed her eyes, trying to recall the events of the previous day. Oh, yeah ... a shouting match against her parents again, and then her bracelet burning away like mad. Two good reasons for her to run and hide in the basement, then fall asleep.

Well, last time it was in the stables, she thought, with an unamused smile.

'C'mon, Torrent,' she murmured, stroking her dog, a big white samoyed. Time to face her parents' wrath, if they were home. They were usually extremely busy. Caress wondered what time it was, as she felt her way through the dark for the stairs.

After a few minutes of searching, she found them, and climbed up, Torrent clinging madly to her shoulders, hind legs scrabbling wildly. Caress blinked and tore her eyes away from the burst of light that met her when she opened the trapdoor and heaved herself out. Torrent dropped to down to the floor.

She held up her wrist, which was encircled by a beautiful glass bracelet of tiny orbs. It had heated up and burned as badly as fire last night. Caress shifted the bracelet a little, inspecting it. The skin underneath wasn't severely burnt - just a deep pinkish circle which would go away in a few days. Caress sighed. She didn't know why her bracelet burned her like this. It was passed down to the first girl of every generation from her mother's side, and it was said to hold some sort of magic, but nothing had ever happened to her mother, or her grandmother, or ... anyone that could be remembered, though she did hear of some wierd legend saying that a great ancestor of hers with great magical powers was able to use the bracelet to do a lot of amazing things.

Caress didn't know what the heating of the bracelet with her was all about. All it did was flare up and cause her a lot of pain. It wasn't like she could see the future, or make flames, or control the winds or do anything magical of that sort when it burned. Therefore, she had decided from the beginning not to tell anybody of it.

'CARESS LIGHTNING!' the angry screech of her mother's voice made her jump. She swallowed nervously.

'Uh-oh ...'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
(remember, Saffren is the only KNOWN dragon :))

((Yayness, I can have a dragon))

"Shhh... You must be quiet, Pan. They'll discover you," Vera coaxed the dragon. She drew water from a stream, and drank deeeply and thirstily. She looked back to her home of Natile, and turned back to the dragon. Pan was a young ambery-gold dragon, only the size of a cat, and he had just hatched two days ago. Vera's straw-coloured hair blew in the slight breeze. She looked up with alert blue eyes, rimmed with violet, scanning the horizon. Whne she realised it was just the wind, she averted her bright eyes back to the dragon. He was hungry, so Vera rummaged in her pack for a strip of meat to feed to him. She unwrapped a package, and tossed Pan a small strip. He gobbled it up hungrily, and seemed to ask for more. Vera tossed him one more piece, and filled her canteen with the clear, fresh water from the stream.

Pan started to chase a small, brightly-coloured butterfly. Vera smiled at his antics, gathering him up in her lightly tanned arms. She, without thinking, fingered the light blue pendant around her neck, so cool and refreshing on her skin. She carryed Pan into the woods, smirking. Her plan to run away was working.

Wonderful Altador Cup set by Pixa! ♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

(Aaahh, good to be back in the rps.)

Finding a nice abandoned cottage, probably destroyed by bandits or the like, Riandra(Ria for short) layed down, letting her throbbing ankles ease in to a more confortable position. She sighed, knowing she got lucky to find shelter, as rain began to pour. She blinked a bit, noticing eyes watching her from a nearby shadow.

"Hello." she said, obviously feeling stupid for talking to something unknown. "Who are you?"

The creature slowly walked out. 4 sinewy legs emerged from the shadows, with a puffy tail swidhing behind it. Whiskers stood on end, carressed by the breeze from the storm. A purring sound eminated from furry lips, amber eyes constantly gazing at Ria. Jumping on a rotted board, the kitten licked its paws, which were bright red.

Ria rummaged through her pouch to extract a roll of cloth. Feeling pity on the cat, she bound its feet with the cloth, spelled to resist wear.

"That should be better," she remarked "I guess you and me will be here for the night."

Not knowing if it understood, she watched as the cat slowly nodded its head. Odd, she thought,Even back home, something like this was unheard of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:47 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

(Odd. It seems that none of our characters are remotely close to each other, which I've never seen before with... well... any number people. One of you's in heaven, another is in another kingdom running away to us, assumingly which is good enough, another is lying on a hill, another's in a village of some sort, and I'm smack dab in the middle of a desert. )

Sakya looked around, and by her sight, she could see no one. It wasn't likely either, that she would. She felt the first raindrops as the sands of once orange turned grey in the absence of light. Withen seconds, the rain came down heavily, drenching her and Latta. She held on tightly, knowing the many times she slipped from atop Latta, slippery with rain. It was endless as Sakya knew, miles and miles possibly still.

Both she and Latta knew it was hopeless. The only way to reach safety was if Latta could fly- and she was too young, and no one could teach her how. She tried still, knowing the whole time it would never work. She tried once more and only was able to fly a few feet off the ground. She kept beating her wings, hoping something would happen.

At last, Latta flew- not high, but enough. She still couldn't reach much more than a few meters, but flying gave her a speed that couldn't be matched on the ground. But it was too late. A wall of water was coming up from behind them. It was rushing at them at an enormous speed- as if to race Latta and test her. Sakya felt Latta strain and hope the flood wouldn't reach them, but she began falling back to the ground. The flying had taken too much out of her. With the coming of the flood, all hope died, and she couldn't keep them up in the air.

The water rushed past them quickly, but Sakya managed to hold on. She felt herself bobbing up and down the water and Latta pulled her up with her teeth, trying to stay afloat. She saw the sky, black as night, and the water, too. This might be how it ended- with her submerged in the darkness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

someorangegirlingreen wrote:
[size=11](Odd. It seems that none of our characters are remotely close to each other, which I've never seen before with... well... any number people. One of you's in heaven, another is in another kingdom running away to us, assumingly which is good enough, another is lying on a hill, another's in a village of some sort, and I'm smack dab in the middle of a desert. )

((Well, I was planning on having Vera flee north, but now that you bring up that point, she'll run somewhere else...))

Night was approaching, and it was starting to rain. "Oh great... C'mon, let's go deeper into the woods," Vera saw that Pan was getting restless because f the rain. The duo wandered on, and found a gigantic weeping willow tree, with sheltering branches. Vera took a few brown stakes and some rope out of her pack, and tied the branches of the tree down. The rain still dripped through the leaves, but not as badly as before. Vera lay out her sleeping bag, lined with a type of waterproof fur, and sat down with Pan, crooning little tunes to lull him to sleep. But that didn't work, Pan was once again, hungry. It was almost as if the two were bonded, connected even, and always felt what the other felt. Vera, again, fished for a juicy strip of meat, and tossed it to Pan, who ate it ravenously. Fed and content, Pan fell asleep at the pitter patter of the rain. Vera recounted the past few days, and what had happened.

It all started when Vera found the egg. Vera was exploring the creek behind her home, and she had found a bright golden sphere. She'd kept it hidden, in an old blanket, so that her rambunctious brother wouldn't find it. Imagine her surprise when the egg hatched into the lithe, cat sized dragon. She knew the townspeople would fawn over it, taking it for research, trying to get them noticed by her, maybe even steal it. Vera was apalled by the thought, and ran without thinking. She'd taken all the supplies she would need, and headed away. She didn't know where to go next, but she'd go her own way.

Vera snapped out of her trance like state, and crept into the sleeping bag. Staring at the leaves above her head, she lay down, ever-alert, until she fell asleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

someorangegirlingreen wrote:
(Odd. It seems that none of our characters are remotely close to each other, which I've never seen before with... well... any number people. One of you's in heaven, another is in another kingdom running away to us, assumingly which is good enough, another is lying on a hill, another's in a village of some sort, and I'm smack dab in the middle of a desert.)

((LOL. Yeah I did notice that! I'm going to make my way to you once I'm done :D))
"So? How would you know of the book then?" asked the Mage.
"I... I... I..."
"You what?"
"I don't know...!"

Set by WIS/Button by TS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:11 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Sakya opened her eyes and then shut them quickly with the realization that the sun was glaring right in front of her. A shadow came over her, and she felt the being exhale into her face.

"Latta?" she said. She opened her eyes to see a bulging dragon's face a few inches from her. She laughed and sat up. She was fine overall, nothing too badly injured, although she might be off limping for another few days. Latta seemed fine too, nothing a dragon couldn't heal in a day or two.

Sakya looked around and then realized that they had gotten dangerously close to the hills. There was a much greater risk of being caught with a dragon there, and she wasn't even sure if they both had been seen already. She knew that, though Latta was kind to her and anyone that seemed trustful to her, she wouldn't mind, but she could quickly rip others to pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Vera woke up, Pan staring right in her face. "You're hungry again, aren't you?" she asked playfully, starting to dig through her damp bag. "Mm, meat's starting to spoil... Here's a fresh piece though." She tossed Pan another meat strip, sighing. "Who knows, we might have to go into a town and steal... Hopefully, I'll find some animals to hunt, I don't want to sink that low." Vera sat, her face in her hands. "And I'm still pondering about going north, or going over to the desert. North'll probably have more things to hunt, but the desert's less populated." Vera plucked Pan off the ground, heading her own way, and fingering her pendant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

"I can tell you why and where to find the people who killed your parents." said the mage.
"What?" He shouted. He ran up to the Great Mage and took hold of his robe.
"Tell me! NOW!" He shouted at him, not caring about who he was talking to. Tears had now flooded into his eyes.

"Temper temper boy." He said calmly. "There is something we need you to do first." he said as he pushed the boy off of him.
"What?" he said the tears now streaming down his face. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" he shouted at them.
A Second Mage now spoke, she looked younger than the old man who had been talking up to now.
"You must control your temper when you speak to us boy."
"What can I give you? I'm homeless, pennyless and I only own the things you see before you." He stated his voice now shaking.
"We need you to find us something." Said the first mage retaking the lead of the conversation.
"What?"
"Let me finish and I will tell you." He said. "We have reason to believe that there are new dragons surfacing. We do not know why or how. They would be a great help to the whole of Balica as not many people know but Saffren is becoming lonly. She has no one like her in the land. She needs someone to help her with her duties, become friends with even. Your job is to find these dragons. Do you accept?"
"Yes." Anka answered almost instantly. He had wanted the information the mages were offering since the day his parents had died.
"OK then. We will provide you with provisions for your journey but before you go please accept a hot meal, a bath and some new clothes."

Anka was sursprised at the Mages' jenerosity.((sp?)) The bath was already ready for him. He hadn't had one in a while.
((I'll trail off there... LOL))

Set by WIS/Button by TS.

Last edited by .:Compact Disk:. on Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Around an hour later, Caress gratefully exited the house with Torrent after enduring a long and painful lecture from her mother. She squeezed her way through the crowded streets, letting the buzz of loud chattering fill her ears. She hummed as she walked along, enjoying the feel of the breeze blowing gently against her.

After a while it began to rain, though gently. She didn't mind it, and stopped to consider going home. Maybe she should ... she could imagine her mother's expression when she came home dripping wet. She began to turn back, muttering, 'C'mon, Torre-'

She looked around wildly. 'Torrent?'

She had wandered away from the busy streets without noticing. This place was almost empty. And her dog was nowhere to be seen.

'Torrent!' she yelled, panic and worry flooding through her all in a second.

[Crappy, I know e.e I'm tired. Uh, do I have to have a dragon? o.O]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next