Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Isabella spoke up.

"Ms... Secretary- goodness, what is your last name, I feel strange calling you Ms. Secretary- will I meet the children today? I know we must leave soon- and I need to see them to determine how much I need to teach. I know they are capable of mastering their elements, but there's a difference between nearly mastered already and just barely ready to master. I must meet them to determine this."

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[*looks at the newspapers for a surname*]

"Ms. Wu," she supplemented with a laugh. "I think the Headmaster will be introducing you to them either today or tomorrow."

The Headmaster smiled a little icily at Lukas. "Your mother will let you go or you will go without her knowing," he said.

Ignoring the two guides-to-be's grumbling, he got business-like. "Phalan, Alazira, we will be at the gates an hour to dawn tomorrow morning. If you need anything, please inform one of our staff and they will make sure you get it, be it weapons, food, et cetera."

He turned to the children. "Pack your things and say your goodbyes if you have any to make. See your teachers and the Heads of each element - Head of Fire, Head of Water, Head of Air and Head of Earth as applies to you. They will instruct you as to what you will do on your journey. You will be sleeping in the guest rooms tonight as well. Lukas and Cid will share a room, the two girls another. Get a good night's sleep and pack in some meals before you leave. Now go."

Then the Headmaster himself left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Wonderful", Isabella said, forcing a smile. She rested her chin on her hand, thinking about what she had learned while in school about mastering. She also began to think of ways of teaching it while on the move. Mastering was hard work- and Isabella couldn't imagine it being any easier while walking. They could always take a break for a lesson, but they definitely didn't have that much free time. The world was in peril- it would make absolutely no sense to stop every ten minutes for a bit of schooling while lives were at stake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Apologies. Trials coming up next week. Not prepared. Paranoid. Worried. Will try to be online on weekends, but will only be back for good on Thursday next week. My character is freelance after this post.]

Elily broke out of her reverie, as the Headmaster exited. Uhh... All she managed to catch was something about the heads of elements, guest rooms, packing up and meals. She looked at Rachelle, then Lukas, then Cid, hoping to get a clue of what she was supposed to do from their would-be actions.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:29 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The dragon sighed, and shuffled off on all fours down the hallway. He snorted, exhaling a small cloud of smoke, these children would be a liability. As far as he could see, it would be guides job to get the children to their destination, and the kids would become useful only when the actually came to the place where they could relight the orbs. He stopped and clutched his side as a sharp pain shot through his ribs... he hoped that it would be too long before the orbs were re-lit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:11 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lukas gulped at the headmasters answer. When the man left, he whispered to Cid, "he hasn't met her, I swear to you. Otherwise, he wouldn't talk like that. The poor man."

"So," he said, he clapped his hands together, "we get our own rooms. Is there a swimming pool included?" He grinned.

((Good luck, Glass! :hug: ))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[I'm going to Beijing so Cid is freelance. Will be posting by next Saturday.]

Cid was shaking. All that the Headmaster had been saying previously was an overload of stressful information. Not being a particularly down-to-earth type at times, this wasn't the kind of feeling he liked. Pushing aside everything he had been told to a corner of his brain, he focused on the more important things.

Like a bed with a feather mattress.

"Let's go check it out," he said, rubbing his hands together in glee. The silver knife, tattered as it was, had been returned into his belt. It looked remarkably out-of-place there.

"On second thoughts," he decided, "let's get our stuff, meet up somewhere and then check the rooms out. I want to get all my personal belongings together. We'll meet at the fountain in the middle of the court in half an hour." Without waiting for an answer, the boy was running out with great speed.

Elily watched Cid leave. "I guess I should pack my things too?" she said hesitantly. She glanced at Rachelle, unsure of whether she should ask the other girl if she wanted to meet somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lukas sighed, "sure."

He swayed goodbay at the girls and trotted off.

The redhead scratched his hair. Could this get any worse?

He opened a small side-door, leading to a hallway full of small closets. Retrieving his key, he opened one of them and removed some books and a leather bag. The hallway was silent. Not a student present. Outside Lukas.

Finally he would need some clothing. Since he always slept at home or at previously at Mariks home, none of it was available at the academy.

Previous nights, he had stayed at Mariks home. He took few clothing with him that time. So, now he would have to return home.

"Bloody."

"Well," he said to himself, "I better not postpone this."

Lukas finally found an unguarded small door leading outside and disappeared in a complex of streets.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Isabella continued to sit, lost in thought. She was beginning to grow impatient- she had been here for a very long time and was growing restless. Isabella had never been a patient person.

((Sorry for the plotless post, but I know I haven't posted here in a little while.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rachelle looked from Lukas, to Cid, to Elily. Surely this wasn't happening? And surely she wasn't scared? All of this talk of fate was making her dizzy. She didn't want to save the world. She didn't want to be some kind of hero for once! This was not something that was going to make her look brave in the end, especially not if she failed. Everyone would think she was horribly foolish to go off on such a dangerous (not to mention disturbingly important) mission.

But what choice did she have? By the looks of it, even if she refused, they would still push her along. But she didn't want to refuse. That would just make her look even more like a coward, and she wanted to avoid looking like a coward as much as possible until she had a good excuse for looking like one.

At last, Lukas and Cid got up and left, and it was just her and Elily. Rachelle glanced at the girl. She didn't look like much of a hero herself. But then again, none of them did. Rachelle smiled weakly at her and spoke at last.

"Well, I guess since they're meeting up, we should, too. It would be a bit pointless for us not to, I mean..." Rachelle hesitated. What if Elily didn't want to? Maybe she was one of those independant people, who didn't want to have anything to do with anyone else. Rachelle bit her lip. If that was the case, then she was awfully foolish sitting there and waiting for an answer.

Elily watched Rachelle struggle to find some words. The girl seemed nervous and uncomfortable. Elily sighed. They all were. At last, Rachelle managed to make eye contact with her. "I guess since they're meeting up, we should, too." She said, stumbling along over her words a little, her voice shaking. Elily tried to smile back, but the only thing that came out was something like a tired smirk. That wasn't what she wanted, but she had to come up with some sort of meaningful facial expression. She nodded at last.

"Erm, yes, I suppose so." She said, trying to think of where and when they ought to meet up. "Maybe we ought to just... Meet up at the fountain with the others? There's not a whole lot of point in meeting away from them, after all." She added.

Rachelle nodded, relieved that Elily was fine with the idea. She stood up and stretched awkwardly, brushing herself off. "Okay, the fountain." She agreed. "I... guess I'll be going, then?" She said, waving a little. "I'll see you when I'm done packing." With that, she turned around and strode down the hallway and around the corner.

(Blech, what an icky ending.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:21 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Alzi sighed, if she must ,she must and it was the world at stake after all. Not a school that could care less about a runaway....the world.
THE World.
We need miracle-workers not kids...

With a last resigned sigh Alzi turned and follwed the great dragon down the hallway. At least her rooms would be nice.

All this world-saving buisness is giving me chocolate cravings,
grumbled Alzi to the marble wall.

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Unless I'm delayed in my trip again, I'm going tomorrow (Thursday) and returning on Monday so will post on Tuesday. *sigh* By that time I'm going to steamroller ahead regardless of what's happening. :D]

Cid strolled along to his room and opened the door quietly. There was no one inside, as was to be expected. His dorm-mates were supposed to be in class. It gave him plenty of time and freedom to pick exactly what he wanted.

First off, some decent clothes. He picked out a few garments he wore when he was training as a thief for camouflage. Travelling clothes were added, and he decided to bring along his new boots. They were a good pair, fit for walking long distances and they didn't make a sound. Several of his best pouches, some magicked, to carry stolen or useful items in. (The magicked ones could hold more or larger items.) A larger oilskin bag to put everything in ...

Weapons. He took a selection of daggers. Seeing the damaged knife at his waist, he was about to throw it in the wastebasket when he decided against it. Too obvious and Jem would be after him, Guardian or not. He tossed that into the bag as well, sheathing the rest of his daggers. One into each boot, two at his waist.

There wasn't much he'd need to bring in regards to his training. He knew every single thieving information off by heart and a few other tricks besides. One included a packet of pins to pick locks with.

The last item he needed was a bag of gold coins, his saved-up earnings. This he placed into a magicked pouch. Glancing around the room, he figured half an hour was about up and he was ready to meet Lukas at the fountain. Singing a tune to himself, he sauntered out of the dorm towards the fountains, looking forward to his new rooms.

The Headmaster opened the door, deep in thought. "Headmaster!" the secretary gasped. He really didn't look pleasant, to say the least. "Healer Isabella Shane has been waiting for you. I told her a bit about her new class that she is to take soon."

The middle-aged man looked at the secretary and smiled sadly. "Thank you, Ms. Wu," he murmured. "Healer Isabella Shane, good greetings." He bowed.

The secretary took this moment as a cue to leave and she scuttled out of the room, shutting the door behind her with a click.

Seating himself, the Headmaster looked at the young healer before beginning. "I apologise for making you wait and I trust that my assistant was of some information. The situation is really a lot more complex than this and I will try to put this in simple words." He gave a wry smile. He was rather tired of explaining this over and over again, but this was not going to be the last of it. He still had to speak to the Council.

"As you know, the Elemtnal Orbs have lost the Light. That means that the World's elemental balance has been jeopardised and the World has been thrown into chaos. The Council feared that the end of the World is coming. We are wrong.

"An informant told us that all the other orbs she had come upon in her travels that are necessary for the World to function have failed a long time ago. Apparently, the Elemental Orbs were the last to fail. Magic is beginning to disappear from the World, even our magic. The end of the world is upon us.

"Our only hope lies in a prophecy made a long time ago. 'When the world is veiled in darkness, Four Guardians will bring the Light.' Our fortune-tellers and seers cast about to find who these Guardians are and they are four very young students. That is your class.

"Their duty is to find the Light and return it to the Orbs. Each will carry the Orb of their own element. None of them are at a master level yet although they are capable of becoming one. They have already been informed of their position and they will be leaving at the break of dawn tomorrow morning.

"We are sending three guides with them. One is a previous General of the Emperor's army, a dragon named Phalan. The second is the informant, a traveller and an ex-student of the School, Alazira the wanderer. Thirdly is you, Healer Shane. We need someone to guide these students in their training and bring them up to a master level as soon as possible. It will be near-impossible to train if you must travel at the speed that is necessary, but I trust in you that you will be able to do it. We also needed a person who could heal the party should the student white mage fail to do so or be harmed herself. I hope you are ready to agree to this, Healer Shane.

"The students are Rachelle of Fire, Cid of Water, Elily of Wind and Lukas of Earth."

[Dawn, you can have the Headmaster while I'm away if you need it. ^^]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Thank you!]

Finally, some real information, Isabella thought to herself. As the Headmaster began speaking, she had a smile on her face- she had been fed up sitting in the secretary's office with little company. But as he finished, her lips were as thin as they could be without losing visibility.

"I am ready to accept this, Headmaster. I cannot promise anything of it, but I do agree to it. Training while on the move is quite difficult- but that does not mean it cannot be managed." Isabella spoke boldly.

"Thank you", the Headmaster replied. He nodded and spoke again, "I believe that's all we need to talk about, Healer Shane."

He nodded once more and proceeded back into his office, leaving Isabella lost in thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily nodded and went her own way. Pack...that's it. I must pack up.

She swiftly made her way to her room, and pulled out a little bag. It was small, but could hold much more than it seemed from outside. Elily opened her wardrobe and selected two more of her best White Mage robes. Not to forget two additional outfits for miscellanous reasons. Some medicinal herbs, magical spells and charms. Some money. She would also need to pack food, but she would do that later. Elily grabbed her cloak which hung by the door, and her staff before exiting with her luggage.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Phalan rarely carried much with him, for his food he hunted, and being a dragon, water was not always a necessity. However he did take a few tools and weapons. He spread out the thick green cloth and began laying out his things on it. A quiver of arrows, arrows that were the size of spears, and a very large bow were laid out longways in the center of the tarp. Next to it he placed a small metal inkwell accompanied by a brush and a few scraps of paper. A strange metal pick and an iron vial were placed next to that and then he put a long sword, that he rarely used but kept just in case he needed a weapon besides his mace, and rolled the whole thing up. It turned into a sort of cylider, with the bow and quiver of arrows sticking out the top, readily accessible, the sword hilt sticking out the bottom, and the rest of the items packed neatly away inside. He tied it on either end with a rope and then set it in a corner.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next