Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:57 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The candle guttered and went out, slamming the stuffy room into pitch darkness. Darkly muttered curses filled the room, along with shufflings and a loud thump before light flickered through the room once more. In the bubble of yellow light, mountainous stacks of parchment could be seen seeming to lean precariously toward the small flame. The girl seated in the midst of these piles looked at the mere milimeters left of wax and sighed. It looked as if she would have to emerge from the room in search of another candle.

"You really pick the worst times to go out," she said to the dying candle before standing up and stretching. "C'mon, Scruffy. Let's get out of this room." She whistled once, and a huge Saint Bernard came ploughing through the papers, nearly shoving a few into the candle's flame and skidded to a stop in front of her. "Oi. Next time don't do that or else Aary and all the nice manuscripts will burn to a crisp."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jack bent his head as his horse, Zephyer, trotted through the woods. Jack had only learnt how to ride several months ago, but according to his friend, he was a natural. Jack did, in fact, find riding easy. Sit on a horse, close your eyes, hold your breath for the first five minutes, and then... then plain sailing. He did hope, however, in later days, weeks, months, or years, he would be able to get out of that irksome habit.

Jack mentally urged his horse forward, and, when that didn't work, gave him a little tap on his sides. Zephyer began to canter. He was a large horse, six hands or so, and ebony black. Something else Jack found quite annoying was the fact that his horse was allergic to mites -- whenever something vaguely scratchy brushed against Zephyer, he would rear and toss his head about, causing Jack to fall into the scratchy whatever-it-was, which wasn't usually very pleasant. Jack's face and hands were covered in scratches, as usually he fell into a thorn bush, or something of the type.

Breaking clear of the woods and trees, Jack pulled Zephyer to a stop. He placed his hand inside the brown sack dangling beside his horse, and dismounted. Walking in front of his horse, he moved to the other side and opened the bag. He thought of muttering a curse aloud, but held himself in. Zephyer looked at him imploringly.

"No water," Jack said to his horse, and looked around. "Looks like we're going to have to make a pit-stop... somewhere. Too bad we can't go back to the school..." Zephyer neighed. "It may be only past these woods to you, but to me..." Jack sighed. "Okay. Fine. We'll go."

Mounting Zephyer again, he wheeled his horse round. "Next time, you've got to promise not to drink so much water." Zephyer tossed his head, and made to rear, but before he could do so Jack, noticing a thorn-bush by Zephyer's side, gave him a kick. Together, they cantered off through the darkness.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:14 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Naria sighed, her curtain of sheer black hair falling over one shoulder, and hiding that side of her face from the world. She knew she would have had to do it at one point, and today was as good as any.
The young black mage approached the raving eagle, avoiding feathers and sheilding her ears from the splitting cries.

"Will you just shut up!" Shouted Naria, over the racket. Instantly, the bird fell silent. She had used a simple silence spell, so she couldn't use it to stop others using magic yet, it still worked on injured bird.
"Now," The girl's tone softened, "Lets see your wing."

The birds wing was, indeed, twisted at a strange angle and Naria didn't know of any way she could help the bird. Both beings locked eyes with each other, black eyes staring into the inky depths of their companion.
"I'm not sure what I can do, Lero, dear Lero."
Naria ran one thin finger along the birds feathery head, and down its spine.

"I'll have to go and find an animal healer, sorry darling." And the girl turned, heading out of the small, dark room and into the bright sunshine outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Llywelyn silently crept behind Rhys. His father the lord of the land had ordered him to oversee the assasination of the thief. He almost scoffed at the though of a herbalist - a herbalist assasinating anything!

Though he wondered, he pondered why his father had told a herbalist to slay him, why not his son, Llywelyn ap Gruffudd! Even a common knight of the household would be suitable to the job.

Forcing these idea's out of his head, he continued to follow Rhys, slowly and silently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Rhys continued his walk, his attention focused foreward. He was intent on finding this thief and bring justice from the gull to the cheek. However, being the type of man to take orders seriously, his thoughts claimed his attention once again; "My orders were to slice his belly open..but I carry no sword nor weapon of the like.." He looked at his Mace, sure he could clobber and bash the dirty thiefs brains in, but that wouldn't be customary and he had kind've wanted to bring the head of the thief in to show the Lord.

*crunch crunch*

His thoughts ceased and his arm was straight to the ready, something had creeped by, he was sure he had seen some creature crawl past him. tomfoolery of the eye or otherwise, he was not about to take anything lightly. Intent on smashing whatever was behind him was clearly in his thoughts..

Using his might he swung himself around with mace in hand and a strong grunt as well.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:18 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Flicking her slightly over grown fringe to the side of her face, Crystal bent down to pet her partner in crime, Mittence. He purred and trotted off to an area with tall grass, chasing a few small butterflies that were fluttering about.

Watching after him, Crystal took a seat on a mushroom shaped rock, and neatened her clothes slightly. She sat her small rack sack beside her, and took out of it a small slice of bread and a bottle of water.

A gust of wind blew, sending the butterflies west, along with Crystal's hair. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail, and stood up once again. She watched as the fallen leaves followed the lead of the wind, and stopped to gather at the end of this sudden change in weather.

"Mitten, we should head back to the school. Its getting late."

Mittence looked back at Crystal, and slightly nodded his head in agreement. Crystal gathered her things, and they both continued towards the school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Llywelyn barely had time to lift his shield to form some sort of defence against the mace. The mace connected with the shield causing a loud gong like noise, and caused Llywelyn to be physically thrown to the floor from its vicious impact.

He slowly stood up and cast his beaten shield to the floor.

"One would expect better manners towards your lord." he spat at the herbalist whislt grasping his shield arm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Zeta whispered an old lullaby that his mother had used to sing to him before she died. "Horsie's hooves are stained with blood, horsie's mane is froz-en, deep with in his staring eyes...a silver dager, brok-en. Go to sleep my child, the horse will not drink deep." He looked over his shoulder. He had a weird feeling that someone was following him. It could be one of the elders...

He shook his head. The elders were used to him sneaking off all the time. It was someone else. "Who's there?" He spoke in a whisper, but the echoe of the empty courtyard multiplied the sound. He fingered the staff strapped to Borinyl's saddle. "Who's there?"

Set by Scholastic, winner of my set contest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A loud sound rang throughout the village and made xerai drop the wine that he was holding and it too made a loud noise. 'Damnit' he thought silently, quickly he snuck behind a large cabinet that was on the side. Loud footsteps were entering. But were gone within seconds they were gone. He slowly crept back out and kicked the wooden bottle away. There was a red stain on the straw floor, he crouched down and rearranged the straw. It was still visible but it looked older. He looked inside the the cabinet, inside lay a silver sword and a few smaller weapons. Being the modest theif that he was, or atleast, he thought he was. He left the sword and took the dagger and knife. Then he grabbed a piece of bread from the table. He peeked outside and noone was looking, instantly he broke into a run and escaped the circle of the village.

After running for a bit, and after breaking many twigs that lay lifeless on the ground. He stopped and caught his breath. He looked at the knife. It was made of fine steel. With golden inlay. A knight's knife. The finest for miles. Testing the sharpness of both, he simutanelously threw both weapons an oak that stood quiet stilll and innocently. They sunk in deep. Walking up to the tree he pulled them out, noticed two figures that appeared to be fighting in the distance, then he quickly ducked down keeping his silence.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

"My Lord! Oh, dear, I thought you were that thief who had been atta-" He stopped speaking, they were being watched, he saw a boy, not far from them out of the corner of his eye staring intently upon them. he kept moving as if to of been graciously begging for mercy from the lord.

His body did not match what he had been saying: "Sir! he is there! Watching us. someone I don't recognize from the village at all. I believe that is the thief! We can get him now if ever! Now is our chance"

He was on his knees now "begging" for mercy from his lord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

"Go! apprehend him! my arm is injured, I am in no condition to fight today!" Llywelyn roared kicking the herbalist with his foot as if to encourage his movement.
"GO!"

Last edited by Carson on Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Scrambling up, as he had been spotted, he ran, and ran far. Not stopping. Not caring about noise, he had to get away. Quick he sprinted into the deeper forest. Jumping down ditches and along the boulders. Frequently he looked behind him to check if he was still being followed. He ran faster; larger steps and quicker paces, but just as he was going to jump down one of the small banks where a river had once been, he tripped, flying into the thin air, spinning around uncontrollably, it seemed like eternity, seeing the flashing trunks of trees, he closed his eyes and a moment later lay there silently.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Madly chasing after the boy he jumped over the rocks and stones which lay in his way "I'm *pant* gonna *pant* get *pant* YOU!". He wasn't looking back the lords son but he was sure he was limping far behind.

"gah!" he watched it as if in slow motion, the thief went hurtlying into the air and smashed into a large tree deep in the forest. Rhys quickly stopped Running and climbed down to where the limp body had landed. he turned the thief over and checked for breathing.

The kid was alive but he needed some heavy medical treatment, taking some of his remedies out he poured them on what seemed to be a large wound, h sat there wand waited for it to regain conciousness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Llywelyn limped after Rhys and saw the thiefs body hurtle into a largw tree. Llywelyn gave a shout of triumph

"Well done!" He shouted at the Herbalist. he countinued to limp towards the herbalist and the unconcious body of the thief.

"Let's see what treasure's he has then" said Llywelyn, his hands delving deep into the clothes and retrieved a knife and a dagger, his own.

"The villain!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[Another question--Destiny, being a white mage, does that mean you are also competing against both the reds and the blacks (because I see no other whites)?
Thanks.]

Jack rode at lightning speed back to the school. He pulled Zephyer to a stop and dismounted, before stopping. There had been a voice. "Who's there?" it said. "Who's there?"

Jack mounted Zephyer again. He had not been the one who was there in the first place, but he didn't exactly want to be the one who'd been told he was there, instead of someone else. Besides, someone could be lurking in the shadows, right now...

Jack stole a glance to his left, and sighed. He hated being this apprehensive. He gave Zephyer a gentle nudge with his heels; the horse trotted through the courtyard and into full view of a boy, who was also mounted.

Instinctively, Jack's hand moved to his silver-hilted sword, given to him as a child. He grasped it firmly, ready to strike if necessary, but only eyeing the boy -- he wasn't going to anything... the voice of his trainer echoed in his head... let your opponent make the first move... check for weaknesses... strike when you know you will ring true...

Jack sat up straighter on Zephyer, and stared at the boy.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next