Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

(Geezbers, Trying to keep the plot out of DB's grubby little claws is little wrestling an elephant)

Alzi meanderd through the town trying in vain to find a quicker route to the school. Each detor she made behind this store, or that hotel seemed to lead to streets with even more students and visting vilagagers.
Once she even saw the farmer's donkey, and the beast was acting like it was supposed to be wander around owner-less and sight-see!

Dong..Dong...Dong...

Alzi recognized that bell as the qauter bell, and an insictive urge to rush to her spot in the 14th row rose up in her.

Ahh...nostalgia ehh?

(icky post. But I've got to dash soon!)

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Great! The green one can be Nendanbar. Who can tell I just made that name up? :D]

The procession was one of the most boring things that Cid had ever had to endure within the School. Everyone would always be so careful that they moved extremely slowly towards the altar. The students were also required to stay perfectly still in the sweltering heat, making the situation even more uncomfortable.

One of the few reasons that Cid did not dare to miss the ceremony, apart from fear of expulsion, was the revealing of the Orbs. Unless you had experienced it, you could not describe the feeling that one got when the Orbs were displayed.

Each shone brilliantly, with an intensity that would normally blind a person, yet the Orbs not only did not damage people's sight, but soothed the viewers. The Orbs would catch the Midsummer sunlight and send off bright light in all directions. Waves of peaceful joy would wash over all in attendance, giving them strength after it was over. It was a fantastic sight and the deepest peace that anyone in the School had ever felt. Cid liked those feelings and would wait like all others at the ceremony, just to feel it. One did not even have to look at the Orbs to feel. Some people said these waves washed over the entire World, renewing it and bringing a happy air to all on that day.

Finally, the mage in charge of the Orbs stood on the altar. The same half-speech, half-prayer began as it did every year. Cid only grasped parts of it as he was remembering every ceremony he had ever attended.

"peace on earth ... by the powers ... elements of ... bless and protect ... as we protect ... bring us ... "

Then the veil was lifted off the Orbs. He knew it was by the dramatic swishing sound that was made. Complete silence fell over the School. He waited for the waves.

A little gasp came out of the crowd, setting up quiet mutterings and uneasy shufflings. Confused new students who had never been to the ceremony were looking at each other with questioning faces. Older students were beginning to become more nerve-wracked than before.

What was wrong? Cid tried to peer past the many moving heads. The waves were not coming and the flashes of coloured light were not happening. And it was then he caught a glimpse of the Orbs and understood what the unease and fear was about.

The light had gone from the Orbs.

It had been a week since Midsummer's. Students were constantly whispering and professors for once did not care. Lessons continued as normally as they could, but the purpose had gone out of them. The students had always known what the lessons were for, but with the light out of the Orbs, they were listless and wandered about the School without any particular aim. Professors were constantly coming and going between lessons. The Head had been locked up in a room with a variety of advisors from different races, all who had been in attendance, for the last seven days. There was still some form of discipline, but no one even wanted to make mischief. Everyone was so unsure about what was happening.

Already rumours had been floating in about the rest of the World. People talked about volcanoes erupting, the crops rotting, the earth melting, the seas stopping, the seas throwing tsunamis at all kinds of cities, the winds being completely still... Well, everyone knew about the winds were still. Ashling itself was quite safe, protected by the School's mages, but there were no winds at all. The lack of air made the atmosphere even more unbearable and the sweltering heat was magnified. It became unclear as to what was happening to anyone, but one thing was for sure: the World was in disarray.

The last bit seemed obvious. Cid was fingering the books in the library. In past times he might never come here, but it was the only place where whispering was not allowed. He was sick of hearing the constant "sss" noises that came with whispering. The Orbs were the protection of the World itself and what kept it in order. It was really the life force and the balance of the World. With the light gone, the protection was gone and the balance with it as well. It would make sense that the World would be opposite to what they once knew about. Yet no one had ever imagined it.

The Orbs' protection was the kind that people took for granted. It was simply what was there and what would always be there. It was the World and no one had ever thought that one day the Orbs would no longer have light. It was the impossible, so extremely impossible that try as anyone might to think of the worst possible disaster, the light gone was not one of them. Now that the unthinkable had happened, Ashling was in shock. Many disbelieved that anything was wrong and went about their business anyway.

So what was going to happen to them? he wondered. No one knew. It seemed the end of the World was coming somehow. Well, this is certainly something no one ever trained us for!

He went out of the library and almost immediately crashed into a girl who seemed about two years younger than him.

The Head of the School walked quickly and deliberately across the wide plain of grass to where the dragons were lodged, in a large building of marble the school mages had conjured up temporarily.

"Phalan," the Head said quietly, directed to a large red dragon. "How do you do?"

[Dawn or Glass, please be the girl Cid crashed into. x_x]

Last edited by Lillie on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:08 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily was feeling rather confused herself. This was a rather unusual thing happening to the orbs. Wait, it had never happened before. There was a silent, unspoken air of tension fogging around the school. Lessons were pointless, as it seemed as if even the professors didn't care about teaching the students. The students lost their wills to pay attention to their lessons. The only topic of conversation was about the orbs. The orbs, the orbs, the orbs. Elily herself felt tensed up. There was simply no more joy, or laughter in the halls. Just quiet discussing. For the past seven days, there was not a single battle, not even a friendly match, so Elily couldn't do her job to heal.

Not wanting to go to her next class, as it was probably going to be pointless and boring anyway, Elily decided to seek refuge in the library. Perhaps she could actually find something to do there, even though she highly doubted so. She quickened her pace as she drew nearer to the library, and CRASH!

Her vision was spun out of order for a while, as she lost control and fell to the floor. Slowly getting up, Elily blinked a few times before focusing her sight on the person who had collided into her.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"By the Light!" Cid cried out. He was not hurt in the least, used to running into brick walls during night operations as he was, but what about the girl? She was getting up rather dazedly from the floor where he had knocked her down.

"Oh Light!" he murmured, aghast. Taking hold of her arm to support her, he searched her face anxiously. "I am so sorry miss! Are you hurt anywhere?" He scanned her up and down quickly, trying to take into account any possible injuries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily shook her head a little, her vision finally restoring. She looked. It was a thief, obviously older than her.

'Thank you for your concern. No, I'm just fine,' she said, figuring a little white lie wouldn't hurt. After all, it was only a sore spot on her arm. She slipped her arm behind her back. The bruise would only take some time before it was visible, so her secret was safe for now.

[I don't know what else to write...O_o]

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lukas walked through two large pillars that supported an exit of the large marble building. The sun shone mercilessly. But somehow, this did not come over as a good sign. Birds remained silent like if it were night. Two cats sat upon the square, peering up to the sky.

A shiver ran over Lukas' spine, something was wrong. He could feel it. He could smell it. But, what was worse, he couldn't see it.

Sure, the orbs didn't shone. That was a clear sign. But Lukas felt like there was something more to it. Something lurking just behind to corner, invisible, but ready to leap onto their backs when it saw the chance.

'Hush,' he thought, 'what nonsense!'

He had spend the last week in his mothers mansion. That was it. His mother had been particulary not-relentless... almost soft. Was she worried also? No. He thought, she hadn't looked like that. Why then?

Lukas noticed he was nearby the dragon resting places. Somewhere furter, he was Cid.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rachelle waited for the Orbs to come out in the blistering heat. It was times like these where she wished she could drop everything and just relax. The waiting seemed unbearable this year.

Rachelle closed her eyes to think for a moment, and almost instantly there was the sound of hundreds of people gasping at the same time. It was quite a strange sound- like all the air was being sucked out of the world. Rachelle smiled to herself, thinking that the Orbs had just been unveiled. She quickly opened her eyes- but she saw nothing except nervous students. There was no light coming from the Orbs. Something was terribly wrong.

The Orb ceremony had happened nearly a week ago, and everyone was still confused. Many were scared, for they knew that without the Orbs, the world would eventually become incredibly different from how it was today. And not for the better, either.

Classes seemed to drawl on forever. Nobody had their mind on their schoolwork- especially Rachelle. Rachelle found herself lost in thought about the Orbs after the first few words of any class. No one seemed to notice, for their minds were usually on the same thing.

Rachelle thought about the Orbs during mostly every minute of her day. She woke up in the morning thinking about them so deeply that she'd forget to eat breakfast. She thought about them during all of her classes. She soon became thinner and thinner for her lack of eating. Her health was deteriorating. Yet, she was not the only one. Some of the professors had gotten so worried that they spent their free periods in the hospital wing, where the nurses would talk to them and try to calm them down.

As Rachelle was walking towards her last class of the day, she overheard a conversation between a nurse and some professor whose voice Rachelle did not recognize.

"What will we do, Marge? The whole world... is... doomed. The Orbs... have no light! What will we do?!"

The nurse, whose name was most deifinitely Marge hesitated.

"The Orbs will get-"

Nurse Marge was cut off by the slamming of the Hospital Wing door. Apparently, Rachelle had been spotted.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Alazira," came a wry voice towards the room where the professors had lodged Alzi when she had indeed come to them. Too busy to hear what she had to say, they had said it would be better for her to stay put in the midst of the confusion. "How long has it been since you were back?" A bald shaved man bespeckled with wrinkles and a pair of hot brown eyes peered at her, the Head Fire Professor for the last fifty years, even when Alzi had been at school.

[Swiss, rest is up to you as to what happened and where you are, etc. To you and DB I apologise majorly for this big power hogging on my part but I must have you somewhere.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Lukas started to walk to Cid. His lessons were over for today anyway. Not that they had been very interesting. First mother, now the orbs.. It would be a miracle that his thoughts didn't drift away during classes.

He felt like needing a drink..

Or two.

'Great.. in a few months I will be known as Lukas the alcoholic.'

"Hi Cid. You didn't tell me about a girl! How cute."

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cid gawped at Lukas, his mouth hanging open in shock and horror.

"What?" he cried. "N-no! It's nothing like that!" He dropped the girl's arm abruptly and almost violently. "I mean, she is a girl, b-b-but..."

He frowned, deep in thought. "I am rather a handsome bloke," he said with no hint of modesty in his voice. "But still, I wasn't flirting, not this time! Honest! I just crashed into her and...

"I say!" he turned back to the girl. "Are you alright?"

[Ooer people, I am going to Beijing on the 6th and returning on the 11th. My internet connection is also dead, so I am accessing through another. I entrust Cid to Kuroro, please.

Swiss and DB, if you are curious, the principle is going to talk to you about the Orbs. There is no known reason as to what is wrong. The world is unbalanced and in chaos, though, so according to a mysterious prophecy, upon which he will not embroider, four students will be chosen as the Light Guardians. Each will have an Orb according to their element and they must go find the light for the Orbs. That means he'll want both Phalan and Alzi to be the students' guides and help along the way and that is what he wants to talk to you about. Alzi had something to tell him as well, I think?

I shall be very sad if there are no posts or very few after this one by the time I return and will be like this: :cry:

In the meantime the four students can get to know each other. :D

I'll bring back photos if you're interested. :)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The whole scene had been rather funny. Elily had to secretly pinch herself, while hiding her arms at her back, to stop herself from laughing, though she had to make do with pink cheeks, which betrayed how she intended to look.

When Cid suddenly asked if she was alright, she blinked, not expecting the question. After all, he had asked the exact earlier on, and she rarely came across anyone who would ask the same question as they did five minutes ago.

'Yes, I am,' she said more firmly, detemine to conceal the would-be bruise. She turned to the student who had approached them.

'I presume you are his friend?'

[Jeez, that last sentence was reaaaally lame, but I'm out of ideas for now. XD]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(I'm baaaack! Aren't you all just leaping for joy? :D )

Rachelle frowned. The Orbs would get what? Glancing down the hall to make sure no one was nearby, she tiptoed closer to the door and pressed her ear against its cold wooden surface, straining to hear more. But the nurse and the professor had left to go into the connecting office, and the door to that came out on another corridor, one which wasn't on the way to Rachelle's next class.

Deciding that she had better get going so that she wasn't late, Rachelle figured she shouldn't make a big deal out of what she had heard. After all, what the nurse had been talking about was probably just some weird hunch. No one was going to actually know what happened to the Orbs. If anyone did know, then surely some sort of schoolwide announcement would have been made telling everyone else. The students would want to know what had happened to the Light just as much as the rest of the world.

Rachelle arrived at her classroom to find a small group of students, all from her class, gathered outside of the doorway. They were talking in hushed voices, and were clustered around something that appeared to be tacked to the door.

"What's going on?" Rachelle asked, moving in to get a closer look. Several of the students jumped as she spoke, apparently startled. Rachelle eyed them, and they gazed back at her, their eyes wide and full of an emotion that Rachelle couldn't recognize. Was it suspicion? Nervousness? She couldn't tell.

A boy, named Mikhael, looked up at Rachelle.

"Just read it." He said simply, pointing toward the door. Rachelle noticed that his hand was shaking. A few of the students moved out of the way so that Rachelle could get a closer look. There, taped carelessly to the door on a scrap of crinkled, inkstained paper, scrawled in large, uneven handwriting that Rachelle didn't recognize, was a single word: Taken.

At first, Rachelle didn't understand what it meant. But slowly, the facts began to register. No one was in the classroom. The door was shut, and probably locked. Professor Bryar, the teacher, wasn't anywhere to be seen. There was a strange note stuck to the door, and the handwriting definitely didn't belong to anyone Rachelle knew.

"He's... Gone?" she asked timidly, although she already knew the answer. Mikhael spoke again. The others seemed too paralyzed to say anything.

"Miranda went to go find another teacher just a minute ago." He said. Rachelle nodded slowly.

It was too weird. Of course, the only thing to associate it with, in Rachelle's opinion, was the Light being gone from the Orbs. Nothing like this had ever happened before. Perhaps the same evil thing that had made the light go away had taken Professor Bryar. But why him? Why not any other professor? There were so many possibilities, so many things that could happen, that it gave Rachelle a headache just thinking about it.

(Okay. New thing learned today: I'm awful at making plot twists. That post was horrendous.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:50 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Have a good trip and take a lot of pictures!! :D 8) ))

((Weeeh! Welcome back, Apricus!))

Lukas had a wide grin on his face. "Yes, well, we know each other for quite a while. I was just about to ask him for a drink."

He frowned, looking at the sky, "it's bloody hot these days. Would you also like to come?"

All the sudden, the deceptfull silence was broken. The inner Square, that had been empty, expect for a few cats, was now filled with a small group of adults. One of them started to close the gateway leading out.

"What? I can't believe this?! Why are they closing the gate?"

((Being it has something to do with the missing teacher. :P ))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:54 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

(srry yall)

The dragon looked up. He had been sharpening the spikes on his mace with a large grindstone that an earth mage had got for him. He grinned, "Hello Headmaster," he said, looked about and then said sarcasticly, "Lovely weather we're having. Looks like I'll be grounded for a little while."

(Hehe, you know me Swiss, I love a good plot!)

Last edited by Lord Dragonbane on Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily nodded, partially relieved to have something to do to fill up her now unlimited time. As Lukas pointed out the gates being closed, a worried frown slowly took the place of her smile which had been fixed there a few moments ago. That was strange. The gates of the school were usually left open.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next