Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jane had been wandering the cobblestone streets for a while, seeing nothing of interest. Everyone was preparing for the ball or talking about it and she so wanted to go to! The only way to go was to return to Sheridan's.

Backtracking upon her steps, she gasped. The line was shorter! Making a dash for it, she slipped into the shop and waited in a corner as patiently as she could.

This time she was so not going to scream a hello and then disappear. This time she was going to scream with Sheridan and hug her, she decided firmly. How long would it take Sheridan to notice her, she wondered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:02 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

((sorry about the length ^^;;.)

With the help of Meiou, Sheridan's lines had been cut down severly. She had three customers left, one of which she was helping now. Jane had caught her eye as she dashed into the store and settled into a corner, Sheridan couldn't help but grin as she finished writing down an immense order for a rather immensly-sized woman. Nodding to acknowledge that she had written everything down, she woman said she would return in a day to pick it up.

"But Mummy.. I want a red velvet ball gown with lots of lace and frills and bows for tonight! a small whiney childs voice rang throughout her small shop as the next customer and her small child stepped up to the counter.

Sheridan forced a smile, instead of a frown at the small child. "How may I help you?" she said politely. The woman was about to speak when the child yelled at Sheridan about how she wanted a velvet ball gown with lace and frills and bows. Cocking an eyebrow at the small brat, Sheridan returned her field of view to the adult who was trying to shush the child.

"Now, now Pet. I'm sorry, but I simply cannot get you a red velvet ball gown.. Your dress from last years festival will be suitable so you shall wear that. We are here for you to order your masque." The woman turned towards Sheridan to place her order. "I'd like a small white half-masque with a gold lace trim for my daughter. When shall I be able to pick it up?"

Sheridan scribbled down the order, and stacked it under the rest of her papers of orders to fill. "Er.. Stop by a little before you leave for the Masque Ball, it should be finished around then." Sheridan said, smiling warmly.

"Thank you." the woman replied, and left the store with her small chid who was still whining about her velvet gown.

Rather wearily, she wrote down the last man's order and told him he could pick it up tomorrow morning.

After he left the store, Sheridan hopped over the counter and cried out, "Jane!" excited to see her and finally be able to speak to her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spike, naturally, followed the crowd. By the time he got to the shop, the crowd mostly had dispersed and went home or their seperate ways, and as far as he concerned, this was his only way to go to. Seeing as he had no place to go, why not show up at a fancy looking clothing store? He opened the door, glancing mildly around at the people within the building. Finding no one to talk to, he simply sat down. Well why not? He did have no place to go after all, so you couldn't really blame him for deciding to sit down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:45 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Merle fumbled with some bandages, unwinding them. He looked up, smiling. The sunlight streaming inside, blinded him for a few seconds.

"You are sitting up, are you feeling b.."

His smile faded, he noticed the dove. Who was hopping around, a little irritated by the badly folded paper.

The message.

He stepped forward, eyeing Eo.

Finally he said, "did you read the message?" His face looked grave.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*Eo's face fell... how would she explain away this one?

Now you've gone and done it, nagged her brain. This time there's no prophecies to save your skin! Hurry up... tell him... get it over with.
"I... it was--" Play dead! she urged herself, but could not bring herself to deceive anyone else, not without her purpose in mind... And yet- "No... I- I can't read." Some time ago it would be true, and certainly belivable... "N-not this.. language..."*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:05 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

In a flash of instinct, Eta sensed Laurelyn beside the barrel. She turned her head, hands immediately on her belt knives under her cloak. She certainly would have slain Laurelyn on the spot if she had heard her thoughts, but she got the gist of what she must look like talking to a guard.
Dammit.
She shot Laurelyn an icey look, turning again, but allowing a brief glance of the assasins tattoo on her arm, and then the broach of duke's service on her cloak.

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Merle frowned, but then walked closer with the bandages.

"Let's first see to your wounds." He also had a bowl of clean water and some herbs.

He turned his back to Eo, fumbling in a small case, "can you undress? Then I will look at your wounds. I hope you haven't got a date at the Ball."

"When did it start again?"

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*This isn't good, thought Eo. To delay... whatever would happen... she murmured "Erm... it's.. at sunset." By the letter, she knew that she was not the only one here with a secret. "I.. erf..."... trying to explain her situation, she boggled her mind in an effort to find an excuse, or an escape. "It's just..." Once Miamar had told her that lies will always escape and disguises be revealed, and she knew now it was true. A full explanation could get her killed... perhaps, she could give a side-story... taking about all the bits with Maarl. Yet nothing... no words would come.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[I'm going to Beijing on 6 (tomorrow), return 11, probably won't be able to access PPT again cause internet is dead and this isn't my connection, etc, etc, etc. That means: would Ravyn take care of Jane for me please? I would appreciate it so much! :D I'll bring photos for whoever's interested (of scenery, trees, that sort of thing :P).]

Jane laughed her tinkling golden laugh and leapt up to hug her dear friend. Embracing her tightly, she said, "It's been ages!" She gave Sheridan another squeeze, her slender arms surprisingly strong from the manual work she often had to do on the farm.

Moving back to view her friend, she smiled happily. "I've got a present for you," she said, fumbling about in a small brown bag she had been holding. Withdrawing a tatty piece of yellowing parchment, she looked rather apologetic. "The paper really isn't much," she sighed. "I had to make it myself."

The girl gently unrolled it to reveal an ink portrait of Sheridan that was quite like her. Her clothes were so fine and detailed that it was clear to be a fine ball gown. "I tried to draw you as a Lady," Jane explained nervously. "It's not the best piece of work, but I hope you like it." Her voice trailed off and she held it out expectantly towards her friend. Jane loved to sketch and had always wanted to be an artist, but circumstances would have it otherwise. She did occasionally do a sketch she could sell for a silver piece and earn money that way, but those times were far and few between.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shaking, Laurelyn quickly crept away, hoping the other party wouldn't notice. An assassin. She had tried to eavesdrop on an assassin. In service of Duke Maarl, no less. Hadn't that rather rude gentleman alluded to Maarl's own ruthlessness? His assassins were likely to show no mercy. If this Eta had wanted her dead, there was no doubt she would be.

But imagine if she had actually slipped the story about her talking to a guard...

With clammy hands, Laurelyn picked up her mask. Hard as it might be, not a word of this would escape her. A death threat was a death threat.

Trying to assume her usual stance, she walked over to Sheridan's to speak to the people in line.

[Meiou, you may yet get your wish.]

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

On her way over Meiou was slightly distracted trying to figure out wich way it was tot he inn when he bumped into her. He fell back and onto his rear as he looked up at her he could tell right away that she was nobility"Ah sorry about that madame. I wasnt paying attention to where i was going."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

[Incidentally, no one is going to an inn tonight - the ball begins at sundown.]

Laurelyn drew herself up. "Yes, of course you were paying no attention. Look where you're going next time, wo-"

Her eyes flew open. The signet of Alexandria -

This was no mere dinner-party entertainment. This was something to pay heed to regardless. Had this boy robbed a member of Alexandria's royalty? Or killed them? Or was he the prince himself? Laurelyn imagined what honor would be bestowed on her, if she were the one to inform...

"Do look where you're going," she said in a much happier tone, drifting away. It was nearly enough to forget the fiasco of scant minutes previous. In fact, it would be better if she didn't wait until the ball for this one. She reversed course to the palace gates.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It had the desired effect, Eta thought as she eyed Laurelyn carefully. She immediately pulled off the broach and stuffed in into her pocket.

LilEdit: 3 sentences of RPing please!

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Merle started to laugh suddenly, "ay, you gave a smart response. Only people who could read and are Noble would know the exact starting hour. Being when the first moon sets. It was given to all by letter."

He raised his shoulders, "I do aknowledge I am revealing too much of myself right now. But I guess I can't trust you on not having read the letter.."

He turned around, "why else would you be this nervouse?"

Merle frowned, the boy looked terrified and beaten. "I am sorry, where are my manners. First see to your wounds.. I am not going to kill you.." Because from what you answered, he added silently, I assume you are indeed a mere street kid.

"Are you too weak to reveal your wounds? Must I help? You can't stay like this, your clothes will infect your wounds." They didn't look too clean.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

He blinked at her reaction and the way she had stared at his chest and after she left he looked down to see what shed been looking at and noticed his ring and soon was tucking away again. 'Damn' he thought. If she saw this then it was gonna be all over town by the time of the ball that he was in town. If Maarl heard that then hed be in alot of trouble.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next