Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((Why is no one talking to either of my characters? :P I must attempt to get someone to speak to Gabrielle one more time. ;)))

As the time passed, Gabrielle's lonliness turned to anger. She watched as all the other compartment members chatted happily, they ignored Gabrielle.

She planned out what she was going to say so her English would come out just right. It took her about half an hour to piece everything together correctly. And then, she spoke her first real perfect English sentence-

"I'm here, too."

And then she fell silent, hoping for a reply.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

"You haven't seen me because I usually don't let myself be seen by choice." she said quietly. Adriane looked down at Oliver and stroked him slowly and softly. "Yes.. He is quite peculiar.." her voice still soft. A dreamy look came to her eye, and a soft smile appeared on her lips. After a moment, the smile and look disappeared and Adriane returned her attention to her compartment companion. "What interested you in Defense against the Dark Arts? I've always found the Dark Arts rather in-- Idiotic." Her hand stopped mid-back on Oliver as she almost said 'interesting'... I've got to be more careful with my words and what I say.. she thought to herself, wondering what Nikolai would have thought or said if she had finished her sentence the way her mind had premeditated it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"There's dark things around us all the time, they are rather mysterious beings, seemingly existing only to scare others." he trailed off a little, "But I doubt they're all like that though." Jarek ruffled his feathers, wanting to make himself known, trying to draw attention to himself. "You however, have the common traits of a cat lover," Or an Animagus. his mind hissed back at him. "And you don't seem like one who really would be interested in Defense Against The Dark Arts."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:35 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Adriane looked over at Jarek after he had finished ruffling his feathers. "Not just a cat lover, but an animal lover in general. Your owl, Jarek, is a fine example of barn owls. His feathers have a healthy sheen, and the grey is a lovely shade. I suppose you allow him to hunt by himself, which increases his stamina in flight and he must be an excellent hunter since he is quite aware of many things." People passed by the compartment door and Adriane followed them with her eyes until they were out of sight before speaking again. "Having an amount of knowledge of Defense is good for everyone to know in these days.. Potions is valuable when it comes to Defense Against the Dark Arts." And in the Dark Arts themselves... she added quietly in her own mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Cho sniffed, but was a great deal happier as she realized that what Fluer had said was true.

"Well, yes, I suppose so." Cho said happily, "I guess I was being a dummy and just jumped to conclusions..."

"Anyway, I'm Cho Chang, and you're the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, correct?"

Without even waiting for a nod, Cho continued, "Well, why are we just standing here? Let's go back to the others." She flashed a smile at Fluer and gestured to the compartment.

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Nikolai's odd eyes widened sarcastically, "About how long do you spend each day studying animals?" he laughed, usually only making jokes for himself to laugh at. "Sorry about that, I seem to tease at impulse." he almost wanted to hit himself for it. He leaned forward in his seat, his gaze moving from the cat to the owner, "The taste of most potions turns me away from them anyway, why should I memorize the disturbing ingredients that go in them?" he said to no one in particular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:44 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

"The taste and scent can be altered with a few ingredients that will have no effect on the end results... Or at least I'm studying certain herbs and spices that seem to have this effect.." she blushed at the last statement, she had never told anyone of her theory before.. and she wasn't sure why she had told this boy that she only just met. "And not all of the ingredients are disturbing.. It depends on what sort of potion you're making." She ran her hand over the spine of her book gently as Oliver leapt off it to examine Nikolai's trunk. Sitting upright and placing the book on top of her own trunk, Adriane continued speaking, "The more complex the potion, the rarer the ingredients.. And yes, sometimes the rarity is because they are rather gruesome..." she said gently. Looking back up at Nikolai she spoke again, "And besides.. Animals are better than humans." she said with a mischevous grin. Adriane stuck her tongue out at Nikolai and blew a rasberry before she picked up a seat cusion and hurled it at Nikolai's face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The pillow caught him by surprise, landing square in the middle of his face. "Sorry, I didn't catch what you said, I wasn't paying attention." he said, his voice taking on a slightly mischevious tone. "You sure do know a lot about potions though, too much perhaps." He took the time to watch several robed first years walk by, "There are some, however, where the line between cat and human aren't really that evident at all."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:01 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

"And there are lines when you and the neanderthal aren't that evident either." she said, teasing right back. Adriane's voice was as mischevous, maybe even more, than Nikolai's. "You're in Ravenclaw house.. In there there's no such thing as too much knowledge. And besides, what about your fancy with the Defense Against the Dark Arts? I'm sure it'll only increase this year with having that Fleur-girl teaching. And by the end of the year, I'll be teasing you about knowing too much!"

((has the train left yet >_>;;??)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"The teachers have been having a Russian Roulette all these years, especially for Defense, it's rather annoying how they switch almost every year, our instructors are rather caught up in their own problems." he reached down into his trunk for an apple, having half the mind to swat Oliver beside it. "Want an apple?" he asked, his amber eyes close and gazing up at her, while his hand wanted to jam the cat against the side of the cushion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:10 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Adriane watched how Nikolai was reacting to Oliver. She laughed loudly as his hand seemed to twitch towards her cat. "If you just speak to him, and tell him to move.. He will. And yes, I'd like an apple. Thank you very much." She said, grinning. Oliver.. Move! she said within her own mind. Almost as soon as she had finished the thought, the tabby climbed on top of her own trunk and lied down next to her book and started dozing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Nikolai handed tossed her the apple, taking the time to watch it spiral in the air and land in her lap. He leaned back and bit into the large red orb, slightly sharper than most teeth sinking into the skin of the ripe fruit. "So," he said, waiting to swallow before he spoke again, "Where'd you get your cat?" Nikolai asked, as Jarek watched Oliver suspiciously

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:25 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Adriane took a bite out of her apple, chewed and swallowed before answering his question. "Found 'im in the woods. He was a small kitten then and so was I so to say. I've had him for about 6 years now, and he still acts like a rambunctious little kitten... You got Jarek at an owlry, I'm assuming?" she said, before leaning back and taking another bite of her apple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He nodded, reaching his hand over to scratch Jarek under his chin, "He wasn't the most expensive of owls, something about 'previous owners found him unsuitable'. Though I must say, he is a rather good hunter." Nikolai bit into his apple again, taking much larger bites than his bookworm companion. "Our conversation has taken a bit of a boring tone." he commented, "Tell me about yourself, let me see if you're clearly dizzying social life can pick up my intrests."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:36 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

"Expense has nothing to do with anything. Of all the feline's I've been tormented to deal with, Oliver is the best -- And he was absolutely free... As for myself and my 'social life' -- It consists of the forest, books, my lovely old broom, the night, and Oliver. I usually don't speak with people outside of my family or professors.. And even then, only if it's absolutely necessary. You seem to be an exception." She took a bite out of the apple and thoughtfully chewed on it. "Maybe it's because I knew you had apples?" and she mischevously cocked an eyebrow over her small square-framed glasses.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next