Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Professor Simir, who had been wringing his hands for a while, blinked at the youngsters when he heard the last few words. Looking idly at Cid and Elily, he said in a rather lazy voice, "Oh, so you're a couple then?" The tone he took was similar to one that would be used when commenting on the weather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"A smaller class?" Isabella said in shock, "Who's going to teach the one I have now? It better be someone else, because teaching the mastering of elements takes lots of time and energy and I won't have the time for a different class. But don't worry about the trouble-makers. Trust me- they won't make trouble in my class. You can guarantee that if they do, they'll be punished so severely that they'll never do it again. And... oh, all of this is just too much for me."

Isabella was full of excitement for her new job, confusement for why she had to take it, and angry at the Headmaster for doing this at such short notice.

"What do I need to prepare, and who are the students I will be teaching? And don't you dare tell me to mind my own business, for I'm sure we can agree that this is my business", Isabella said hotly to the secretary. She had a big task ahead of her, and she needed answers.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rachelle stared at the boy who had spoken. Double date? What on earth was he talking about? The other girl sitting next to the wall looked as if she was about to strangle the boy, and seemed to be struggling to control herself. Rachelle looked back at the boy. He looked as if he was about to laugh, and seemed to be deliberately trying to torment them. Rachelle giggled before she could stop herself, her face going a little red. This might be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((S'not a vacation,as the place is practicaly on my doorstep
Sorry I didn't post earlier, ))
((Doesn't matter how big a role play gets so long as every one posts).
((Trying to type and pack is a PAIN))

Alzi sighed and began to speak, "I've been suspecting for a long time that something like this would happen. I just hoped it wouldn't. It was stupid of me. I knew deep down it would happen and I was stupid enough not to turn and head back to warn you when I first got a whiff of the danger. I didn't want to return, I feared for the worst, and it wasn't foolish of me to think so concidering how I left. The few times I return I didn't mention anything. Even if they were just words of caution, who would listen to me, a runaway?

" It wasn't untill very recently I relazied that these orbs were in danger as well...not just the other orbs I'd passed on my way here. The city of the Ether orbs that keep up from mingeling with down was half sunken in the ground, the city of the 12 time orbs, nothing but a moud of grey ash, and saddest of all, the orbs of the 4 truths.

"I saw the orbs of the 4 truths myself. They were being brought out to draw strength from the moon on the rare ocasion when the longest night of the year has a full moon. The same thing happened. The orbs were unveiled but with no light comming from them. The people there thought they had failed and...." Alzi took a deep breath before continuting
"killed themselves. I then left the city, horrified and as I rounded a bend in the road a lightning bolt out of nowhere struck the city.
I headed for the school then, but I didn't make hast untill one more thing happened

" I encoutred a fire wieght on the road. Normaly I run from them, for even with my fire magic I'm not match for one. But this one I diffeted, and easilty at that. I knew this ment that the orbs would fail soon, and rushed here to give you news, but as you can see...I did not make enough haste. I was to late and all I can say is a few words of caution, and one or a few others.

"If the fire wieght was any indication, I fear that our magic will begin to fade, as the orbs are gone. Which will be ...troublesome for whatever you plan to do. I supose It's all I can do to prepare you for that..as I didn't warn you about anything else.
I also have to correct you. The end of the world is not comming, it is upon us this very minute."

((sorry it's so porly writen in a hurry))
((And now I leave you....Adios!))

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[I LOVE YOU SWISSY! *huggles* I'm so glad you did come on because I don't know what I'd have thought up for Alzi's news. Now we've got two nice plot twists and I actually had a stroke of inspiration to weave something together! :D And I'm awfully sorry for taking up your time to pack. :P]

The secretary sighed. The Headmaster had said if he did not return by now, she could tell Healer Isabella the minimum. Impatient, she snapped, "Your class has already been taken by someone else. They were meant to send you here anyway.

"You know that the Elemental Orbs are no longer alight?" It was more of a rhetorical question than anything else, but she still wanted an answer.

"No," Cid whispered in horror when he saw Rachelle stay still - and more amazingly, turn red and giggle. Glaring at Lukas, he hissed, "She didn't hit you!" Slack-jawed, he sat on his heels for a while.

Lukas not rejected? He looked out the window. Not even a piglet flying.

Professor Simir cleared his throat. "Cid, fighting is not allowed outside of supervised lessons - and you should answer when spoken to."

"Oh." Cid looked at Elily and then to the professor. "Er... yeah, we're a couple. Her name's - " Cid glanced at the White Mage student. " - Cure." He nodded convincingly.

[Random banter there.]

The Headmaster stood stone still while Alzi spoke. What he heard rang as the bells of hell would sound. Doom seemed imminent, if not already upon them. Ashen-faced, he could be heard muttering softly, "It is our fault for not having listened - for not having been open or forgiving enough, for - oh, only regrets." Breathing deeply, he attempted to compose himself. The news was shocking but there was no doubt of it now - they must act quickly.

He bowed to Alzi and to Phalan. "It is evident we must send our Guardians out, immediately. We cannot afford to lose anymore time than we have already done. The Council" - he was speaking of the council of advisors that had been temporarily set up after the ceremony - "will be notified and we will try and do our part as well.

"Alazira, I thank you for bringing this news nevertheless. It is with deep regret that our policies were so strict in the past. Oh, we could have done so much more," he added to himself, half under his breath. "Honoured Phalan, Honoured Alazira - would the two of you be kind enough to guide our Guardians on their search for the Light?"

Last edited by Lillie on Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Isabella stared at the secretary with mock disbelief.

"Oh my goodness! No, I didn't realize the light was gone from the orbs! What shall we do? Save the children!" she said sarcastically, "And you know, it would of been a whole lot easier to tell me in the first place instead of making me run around the school worried. Whose idea was that, exactly?" she finished, raising an eyebrow.

((Not the best post, but the best I can docurrently- considering it's nearly 1 AM here.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Healer Isabella," the secretary said, her patience wearing thin. "It would be very, very wise of you to treat your colleagues with better respect. I did not agree to be abused like this." Her owl eyes peered over the brass-rimmed spectacles, fixing her gaze onto the young, and very rude, new teacher. "I do not like launching complaints against my fellow workers, especially new ones."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:39 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Now Elily stared at Cid in disbelief, again, refraining herself from hitting him. This was ridiculous. It was only a matter of time until the professor found out he was lying. Cure indeed! What an original name. She thought sarcastically. Cid certainly could make up a bunch of creative stories. She glanced at Lukas and Rachelle, wondering what they would think. A hint of red in Rachelle's expression startled Elily. She...didn't hit Lukas. That was unexpected. Elily forced the bewilderment from her face as she turned to see what the professor would say.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Cid and Cure," Professor Simir repeated. "Well, congratulations. Although, if I were you, Cure, I would not be dating right now. You seem a little young. There's also the chance of Cid deciding his fun is over and getting a new partner. He's a troublemaker."

"I'm not that bad!" Cid protested.

Ignoring him, Professor Simir went on, "As well as being a troublemaker, he's too immature to have a relationship. In fact, both of you are a little too young to have hearts broken so soon."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rachelle threw her head back and laughed out loud, scarcely able to control herself now. It was hard to tell if anyone was really being serious, but Rachelle had a feeling that the other girl's name wasn't Cure, by the look on her face. Professor Simir seemed to be taking things completely seriously.

"Oh, come on, Professor, lighten up. Besides, they're cute together. " Rachelle teased. She knew she was taking a risk and could possibly get into trouble with the Professor, but hey, the other three were already in trouble. She figured she might as well join them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily found herself staring at the professor, Rachelle, Lukas, and Cid with obvious dread. It was time to do something.

'Troublemaker, eh? Well, that was what I had been warned about 'im, they all said that,' she said, casually playing along. Elily stretched her stiff arms up, and conveniently whacked Cid's head with her staff as she brought her hands down. Pretending not to notice, she resumed her leaning position against the wall. Standing while everyone was sitting down had an advantage.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Isabella gave a soft groan in response to the secretary. She had the urge to say a lot of things to her, but she kept her mouth shut. That old bat of a secretary- saying Isabella was abusing her for being upset for having a new class shoved in her face at the last minute. Isabella didn't try to hide her obvious disgust, but she kept her mouth closed.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Hehe, Cure. :D ;) ))

Lukas opened his mouth to defend himself, but in fact, the other seemed not offended. Cid looked startled. Turned slighted to eye through the window and then looked back at Lukas, still startled.

Lukas was baffled for few moments, that he let others run conversation (a very difficult feat to get at with Lukas otherwise).

Then he grinned at Cid and Rachelle.

He turned his attention back at the professor.

"So.. do we get our punishment now? And can we leave?"

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Phalan who had kept silent during the entire speech scratched his chin and looked at the head master, "The Orbs were made to cover and balance all the elements, yet there is one element that is consistantly a problem, darkness. The orbs, being the Light Orbs, held that darkness at bay, as well as controled the element each orb stood for. But now that the orbs have gone out, I fear we may have an even greater problem than just wild winds and stormy seas on our hands. Without the light of the orbs, darkness will spread, and with the darkness, will come those who worship it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[I was looking at the saved document yesterday when I realised that at the beginning of the role play I said the seas were wild and the winds were still, not the other way round. Aiyaiyai, I've gone and changed two posts. Thankfully the references were mostly my part. Time to get moving along again then.]

The secretary sighed. "I am afraid I am bound by promise to the Headmaster not to reveal too much to you as of yet, but I will do my best to explain what you need to know. We are sending some students out on a mission - the Headmaster will give you the details. It is a mission of utmost importance and it was a last-minute decision. You would be teaching within the School were the Orbs functioning properly, but as they are not ... " She paused.

"The students picked are young and actually quite inexperienced in terms of the requirements needed for this mission. However, they have all been at the School for at least ten years and their teachers have confirmed that they are capable of reaching a Master level within their own element. We wanted a teacher who could help in their training while they are on this mission and it seemed you were the only one who could be spared. Added to that, it could be a dangerous journey. Should the students come to harm and it is out of the reach of their own healing abilities, a professional healer is necessary. You fit both these requirements, Healer Isabella."

The secretary gestured to a cushioned seat. "Please sit yourself down. The Headmaster said he would be on his way back soon and he will give you the details. There will be two other guides to accompany your party, neither from our own School, but vital to the mission. I hope you have no objections to this arrangement?"

"Ow!" Cid cried out. "Why you little fi-" Professor Simir caught the boy's eye. The Thief promptly changed his flurry of curses beginning with "filthy swine who can't even keep a danged dirty staff to her stupid, wretched, cursed, clumsy hands, etc" to a strained "-ne darling." He glared at his supposed girlfriend. "Cure," he stressed the name (he still didn't know Elily's real name). "Is something wrong?"

Unbeknownst to the students, Professor Simir took everything literally. That meant that the conversations taking place around him were taken to heart. These students are dating ever younger these days, he was thinking to himself.

"No Lukas," he said sternly when he heard the question. "You do not get to leave. The Headmaster said you will remain here, so you will remain here until he says so. He will deliver judgement onto you."

[Huzzah. I take over Alzi. Huzzah. *paints red war paint on face*]

The Headmaster's face was drawn with worry after what Phalan said. "Then it only proves that the Guardians must set off - immediately." He looked at the two again, his request reflecting in his eyes.

Alzi wondered if it could possibly get more unpleasant than it already was. She was silent herself. After all these years, they now wanted her help? A part of her wanted to say no. Let them fix it themselves - they were the ones in charge of the Orbs, not her! Yet the more sensible Alzi spoke to her. This was not the School's last hope - it was the World's last hope. Even if she didn't really want to help them, she had better if she wanted to live.

"I'll help," she said gruffly.

He smiled and bowed again. "Thank you, Alazira," he said. "Honoured Phalan, I will leave you time to think over it. I must inform the students now of what lies ahead of them. They must begin their journey at break of dawn. I hope you will have an answer for me by then." He turned back to Alazira. "They will meet at the main gates an hour to dawn. Please be there." Alzi nodded her assent. Time to polish and pack.

"You must have a good rest tonight. I will have someone give you a guest room and the best food we can afford."

Alzi could feel a grin spreading widely across her face despite the seriousness of the situation. A guest room! One complete with a good mattress without any of those dratted bed-bugs, clean sheets, soft pillows, a polished floor that wouldn't squeak with every movement, properly closed and shuttered windows, a cooling mechanism, and the finest food? "Thanks, Headmaster," she said.

The Headmaster nodded to the two of them and swung out into the the main hall, where the four students were gathered.

"Ah, here he is," Professor Simir said brightly. He bowed to the Headmaster and took his leave.

Cid got to his feet slowly. The Headmaster had never looked so black as he did then. His face was angry and worried as he looked at the four of them. They were in for it - even Rachelle, whatever she had done. Was eavesdropping on the coversation really so bad? Evidently they didn't want rumours spreading. He gulped.

Behind the Headmaster stood a familiar figure - Alazira. When he was six, she had returned and he had sat on her knee, listening to her stories. She probably didn't remember him now. The red scales in the other room told him that there was a dragon there.

"Rachelle of Fire, Cid of Water, Elily of Wind and Lukas of Earth." Each name was spoken slowly and deliberately as he looked at each in turn.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next