Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Royal Court RP (serious, medieval) closed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hiya, for the reference, this is a serious (though humor is permitted), realistic medieval rp. With realistic, I mean, that it will contain no magic, nor elves nor dragons, no magical beasts.. well, you get the clue. It is situated in a medieval European-like country. Not to flare up any discussions, this country is imaginative. (Thanks Lillie, for pointing out.) Onto the story.

The country, Rhums, is in turmoil. Two factions have risen to take up leadership Rhums, the population is split in apart. To realise how all this turmoil started, I will give you a little history of your family and country.

Once, a few decades ago, the country was ruled by one king and there was peace. Though peace is relative, at least the Nobles as well as the commoners only had to listen to one man. Caeve, the King, was married with Inebolde. A very beautifull princess of a Country, Swisse, nearby. Together, they had two daughters, Mary and Ingred. And one son, Damion. Mary was married to a prince of Swisse on the age of 12. Sadly, soon after she travelled to Swisse, she died.

Ingred was married to the Duke of Dumwell, a very important province of our country. They had two boys, Darvin and Devron.

Then a terrible tragedy happened. On a dark night, the ship carrying both the king and the queen, sunk. Both drowned. Damion was put up as a new king. He was very young, however and had a bad health. A few days after the kings dead, he was struck by a long disease and died soon after.

Your father is the brother of the king. As you of course know. He has inherited the throne, since he was the closest male relative. Your father, however, is more of a closed man, and not-so loved by the Nobility.

Ingred wants the throne for her sons. Two factions have arisen. That one carrying the flag of Black Lion of Dumwell and yours, flag with the three white falcons. Your father can do no else then defend his place. If else, all of you will be killed. Supporters of Ingred cannot take the risk of the people supporting any survivers of the White Falcon flag, later to rise as a threat to her sons.

Some final side-notes, to add up to atmosphere and detail:

There are no wizards nor mages in Rhums. Magic doesn’t exist. Nor do Samurai or Ninja. I am basing this rp on a medieval European country. But, superstition levels sour very high. Most people, as well as commoners as Nobility, truly believe werewolves trot the woods and witches charm their milk. Now and then, someone is accused of witchcraft.

Women are not very high on the social ladder. They are almost permitted to nothing outside sewing and taking care of their children. This is especially true for Nobility. I don’t mind exceptions on this. Ingred is an exception, she manipulates her husband into fighting for the throne, for example. But, most people won’t understand you if you, as a women, take command (especially men) or rides a horse in pants, or knows how to use a weapon. Probably, you will have to keep this secret. Or dress up like a man, etc..

Rhums has a religion, called the religion of the Temple. The Temple is constantly striving to get a rulership of Rhums. Combining religion and the throne in one. As up to now, religion and ruling are divided. Some say Ingred had closed a deal with the Temple to change this in exchange for help.

Da dum. Onto the rp. Before doing that, a few final notes.

-I want at least two princes or princesses. At maximum four, before starting this rp.
-You can also play the Queen. I will play the King, for storytelling purposes.
-You can play an *unofficial* child.
-I will also play Ingred.
-You can be a duke, duchess, etc trusted by the king (you must be connected to him, because I want to start with a thing connecting anyone) Though, you can be in reality a spy or a traitor. Times are hard these days.
-You can also be captain of the guard, a guard, sewer, anyone connected to the Court or trusted by one of the Royal family.
-Or a girl bethroted to one of the princes. (In medieval times, this was decided sometimes, with birth of the child). I am only giving idea’s, mind you.
-Now, about the opposition. I love some good opposition players, but I realise that it is difficult to play. You can play the opposition. I would prefer, though, to fill in first the places of Royal Court and several connected. Let’s say four players at least Royal Court, before you sign in as opposition. You can be the Duke of Dumwell. His sons with Ingred are fairly young, though. Five and four.
-Age of prince/princess maximum sixteen.
-Maximum of eight players

Pfew.. okay. I don’t mind turning on the romantic tour. Nor dramatic, but keep it serious and realistic.

Name:
Character:
History:

My character:
Name: Philip
Profession: Second-line-for the throne, Prince
Character: cheery, he is always up to something, he is a charming kid, though and people tend to love him. But he is quite emotional. Damions dead has affected him deeply. It is told that he secretly drinks whine to feel better.
History: Always being second, Philip was ignored much of the time. Not by bad-will, but his elder brother just was more important. Even more so when his brother had become Heir-to-the-Throne. Still Philip loves his brother, but can’t help to be jealous now and then.

Now, have fun rp-ing. I wonder where this will go to. I hope it is not too complicated. Wait for me before starting rp-ing!

Set by WIS!

Last edited by kuroro on Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

nice story! i think i'm going to enter in this RP, seems really interesting.

Name: Peter
Profession: Personal guard of Ingred
Character: Will always stay loyal to Ingred, he goes anywhere Ingred goes, kind of a perfectionist, he does not have much of a character
History: When he was 4, he and his family moved to Rhums. At the age of 11 his father died and he decided to find a job serving the royal family, like his father always wanted. He was 18 when he finished an intense training to become a guard for the royal family. When he was 23 he saved Ingred from unknown people who tried to kill her. From then he was allowed to be a personal guard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Erica

Profession: Queen

Character: Very optimistic- can always find the good in bad people or situations. She is also very, very adventurous and not at all as ladies in this time are supposed to be.

History: Erica was betrothed to the current King at birth. Before getting married to the King, Erica was the daughter of a Prince and Princess of a far off land, halfway around the world. She never wanted to marry into another Royal family- and she didn't at first. When she was married to the King at age fourteen, he wasn't King. She was incredibly upset when he became King- half because of the loss of the wonderful former King and Queen, and half because she never wanted to rule or even be a little bit involved in ruling. She was happy just being ordinary. However, ever so optimistically, she told herself that now she could be one of the few women who have a chance to change the world, and she was quite happy with that.

((I hope that's okay. I wasn't quite sure of the age factor, but I'm hoping everything is okay. If not, tell me what to change. :)))

the greatest love story never told.

Last edited by Bangel on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((It is very good, Dawn and Jens. I am awaiting until tomorrow, for a few more players. Then we'll start. ;) ))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:54 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

oooh... this sounds like an interesting rp, kuroro =]

Name: Casey, short for Cassandra
Profession: Court entertainer, specializes in juggling and sleight-of-hand

Character: Almost all the time, she is seen as a person with a light, carefree personality that borders on insouciance. However, the mere fact that her general acquaintances have never seen her in another mood leads some to think that perhaps the cheerfulness is not completely true.

History: Was born to a family of people who specialized in sleight-of-hand tricks and other things that they called "magic" when performing. At the age of 14 she came to the royal court searching for a job, after a large part of her family was accused of witchcraft (on account of a performance that had become a bit too elaborate with its usage of bright flashes, illusions, and dissapearances) and were burned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Name: Coral Grayer

Profession: Daughter of a noble-man, hoping to marry her off, to one of the princes.

Character: She is not short-tempered, and dosn't get angry often. Instead, when people annoy Coral the anger builds up, you can tell when to stay out of her way because she starts snapping at people who do the slightest thing wrong. Coral always argues strongly for her beliefs when she gets the chance, though it is rare that she gets to...in this society where woman are thought little of.

She's quite a self-concious girl, always thinking she looks bad, too fat, ugly, terrible hair...and she has an annoying habit of asking every time she eats if she has anything round her mouth. But after saying all this, Coral still know's that she isn't fat, and is a reasonably good-looking girl....she's just itching for reassurance

History: Coral leads the boring and predictable life of a medieval noble-mans daughter. Since the age of thirteen, her father has been trying to marry her off, and since the current events at court, he has frantically been trying to marry her off to one of the princes.

But she has completely different idea's, opposing her fathers choice and hoping for a different line of royalty to take the throne, opposing even more at his choice to marry her off to one of those bratts.

Last edited by Shadowfare on Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Murron Bealocairn

Profession: Messenger for royalty of Rhums

Character: Murron is very duty-bound and loyal to her kingdom and the Majesties she serves. She spends a lot of time running and riding, for speed is everything for one sending a missage- One hour's difference can mean the fall of a kingdom. She would do almost anything to protect the land she loves.

Her hair falls straight and long, a deep red-brown underneath the cap representing her station. Underneath her noble brow her eyes are a misty sort of grey, often clouded in thought. She wears a long white riding tunic with a yellow fringe, and often keeps a dagger with her in case someone tries to attack her, preventing her from her duties. Murron speaks with a slight accent.

History: When Murron was seven, her brother was killed by bandits as he rode with all speed his steed could muster, trying to deliver a message to the King and Queen, and the horse stumbled, throwing both to the outlaws. Since then, she has taken over his position, as her aging father is not up to it, and her mother has been dead many a winter. When she was a small child, she saw a knight riding up the the castle, looking incredibly noble and handsome upon his tall horse, and decided she would try to become the closest to a knight she could be, living her life as she pictured a knight would live it, or as close as she could come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Name: Elily Crystallia Aurora [insert King's last name]

Profession: Princess

Character: She had never been a very loud and outgoing person. Most of the time she is seen in a dreamy-like trance, thinking about goodness knows what. Nothing seemed to bother her, and she went on with her life routinely. Sometimes, her actions hint that she is bored of her routine lifestyle, but she never says anything about it. Anything happening in the court appears not to bother her. She just didn't seem to care. Her past time is spent doing usual things, like sewing, spending time in the royal garden, playing her flute and harp, and various other things.

History: She was born at the dawn of a supposedly auspicious day. At the age of 6, her father entrusted two loyal Knights who had been in his service for many years, to protect her and accompany her everywhere. She grew to be close to her two guardians, even closer than her father. As the years passed, her relationship with most of the members of the court became weaker. She bonded with her maid, and two knights, and chatted only with them. She felt she could only really open up and share what was in her mind with them.

I hope that's okay. If you want anything to be changed, just ask. ^_^ ]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Last edited by .:Glass Miracle:. on Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:35 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Name: Etalia Carinae
Profession: Noble, however, she appears as a male
Character: Eta was always a fiery young female, and well trained into being one of her time. When she went into hiding, however, this all changed, and she is forced to suppress her temper and keep a level head. She is diplomatic, and very aware of her own mortality, in keeping with her loyalty to the Royal Family. Above all she still shows as wanting her parents, and has a childish side to her nature.
History: At a young age Eta was born into a family of high standing nobles connected to the king. She was trained as a young girl might, of etiquette and social being. Her mother, being an exceptional diplomat and a lady of a high status, held one of the best kept secrets in the country. However, just when her status in succeeding her mother became apparant, her two brother were killed in a riding "accident". While her father taught her how to be a man, her mother spread that she had wasted away in grief for her brothers. Two years later, her mother and father went into hiding for fear of their supporting parties, and have never been seen since. Eta lives her life as a man would, owning two comfortable dwellings and appears in the Royal Court oft.

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Does 8 players include yourself or not? If not, I'd like to play too. *inflates a Lillie balloon and places it on the entrance line*]

Name: Elizabeth Tailor, commonly called Betty
Profession: Personal maid-servant to the Princess Elily [is this okay with you, Glass?]
Character: Raised on a peasant-like diet and used to hard work, Betty grew into a volumptious young woman, not particularly beautiful. Fortunately, her face is fine boned and her eyes are a soulful brown, the only attractive feature. Hair of the same colour usually in a bun, she is a cheerful person, loyal and dedicated to the royal family. Her mind works simply - almost unintelligently, unkind people would say - but her beliefs are strong and her words honest.
History: She has been in the service of the court since she was a wee child cleaning the drainage system (which is rather primitive). Since then she has risen quickly in the housekeeping ranks to become personal handmaid to the princess when she was fifteen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Ok, sorry for the delay. A lot of interesting bios! I'm quite amazed. :D ))

((One question, Eo, does your character dresses up like a man. Being female messenger would be pretty risky.))

A dusty grey horse, manes black and sweated, road through the gate of Maincastle. Dusk was approaching and it was clear the man was glad to be in.

The youngster dismounted. His horse was handled by approaching stable men. The animal gladly trotted along.

Softly, a wolves' howling cut through the silence of Maincastle, the main stronghold of the king.

Inside one of the towers' chamber, the highest in fact, fire was crackling and a man with black, stroked with a white line here and there, hair watched outside.

The king turned away from the window, looking at his wife.

"The messenger of Ingred is here." His face stood worried and slightly irritated, almost angry.

"I better call up our messenger," he gestured at a servant nearby to get Eo, "I already know my answer. I won't give up any terrain to her!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The servant, Edgins, parted from the kings room to get the young messenger, Eo. It was already late. He hoped the king wouldn't require the messenger to leave today. After a short walk, he arrived at Eo's door and knocked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philip ran through the hallway, followed by a large wolf hound. Though Philip managed to evade some of the working servants, his hound gladly ran them over.

Since Philip was running in front, he was happily oblivious to the carnage his little race was causing.

Existed, he finally halted at a door. Two guards stood in front of it. Trying their best to ignore the prince and the hound. (The hound was barking at them with enthousiasm.)

The prince sighed, "silence, Hurst! Silence."

The hound stopped for a few moments and then restarted without much hesitation.

He grabbed the hounds muzzle. Clenching it tight. "Silence!"

Philip looked at on of the guards, "hear if my sister is ready. I want to talk to her."

He hadn't seen his sister for many years. Partly because he had been in training with another lord and partly because the young ladies lived a whole different life then the men.

The Lord of Dumwell sat in front of the fireplace. His lady, Ingred, was standing next to it.

"What do you think he will answer?"

Ingred looked at her husband and smiled, "I don't think, my lord, he will give up any land."

"Why did you send the letter then?"

She laughed, "simple, because I know him. He will outraged and send an answer immediatly. We however, only want peace. And justice. The people will think he wanted this war."

((Oops.. well, I feel like an octopus. :P ))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Lillie: I don't mind at all. ^_^ ]

[Kuroro: When you mention Philip's sister, does it mean Elily? Me is currently a little confused.]

The sun was setting, signifying the end of yet another day. Elily sat at the windowsill of her window, blankly staring out at the crimson sky. Dinner was not in another one hour's time, and she was bored, like always, though she never really showed it. Her faithful knights and maid would probably guess what she was thinking, but her expression remained passive. The luxurious bedroom could entertain her no longer. It was elaborately furnished, with the finest of decorations and furnishings. It was the very room she sat in everyday, the very room she spent half her life in.

[Forgive me for the crappy post; I'm not in a very creative mood today. If you like, Lillie, you could do the room's description. ^_^ The two Knights are freelance, by the way.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

That was it, enough, Coral was going to appeal to her mother.
"Mother!"
Her tone harsh, and demanding, a little of her spoilt past coming through into her voice.
Lady Grayer, not being so weak that her youngest child may boss her about, looked up.
"Watch that voice, child, no one may adress me in that manner."

Lady Beatrix Grayer was not known for her gentle personality at court, instead, people marvelled at her beauty, for she certainly was a trophy wife...if only she kept her mouth shut.

Luxuriously silky dark brown hair fell, in ringlets, around her pale face. Her large, almond shaped eyes-coloured the most cutting green- were adorned with long, dark lashes.
"What?"
Lady Grayer's tone softened as she saw her childs face crumple.

Dissapointingly enough, Coral was not as pretty as her siblings. Her other four sisters had been married off to high ranking nobles across sea, and her two brothers still choosing from the long list of women who would love to be married to them.

Coral was thin, with small breasts and hips. Very dark hair sat in natural curls about her shoulders, where it refused to grow any longer. She had retained her mothers milky white skin, but in turn received dark red lips from her father, which gave her stark contrast on her face. The same cutting green eyes, this time bigger, but with small lashes.

Tears spilled down her cheeks.
"Father is adament in his choice, but I don't want to marry either of them. They are bratts!"
"My child, come here..."
Spoke her mother, in a patronizing voice,
"Your father just wants the best for his remaining daughter. And so you will get the best, if the marriage goes ahead, then you will be royalty."

She smiled, and wiped away the tears from Coral's cheeks.
"All better?"
"NO!" Coral shouted, and ran from the room, carefull not to trip over her red silk dress.

((Yes...she was a tiny bit of a brat:P))

Last edited by Shadowfare on Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Erica could only look at her husband's worried face.

"Don't worry", she said, trying to be nice and calm him down, "We both know that there's no way Ingred can get any part of our kingdom. If she herself steps within a mile of here, we have guards who will shoo her off. Even if she could gather up an army, our army is better than any other. We also both know that we can and will win this battle. Our children will reign some day, no matter who decides to try to come in the way."

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[*pops the Lillie balloon* POP! :D I'm not in a very interior decorative mood right now, but I'll try harder later (tomorrow morning, I is sleepy and bedtime looks good now). Sorry!]

Elizabeth - or Betty, as everyone called her except when she was formally addressed (if servants could be formally addressed) - was meticulously going over the silken bedspread on the large, four-poster bed. It was of a midnight blue shade that shimmered darkly in the rosy light, with silver stars embroidered all over it. Thick, heavy velvet curtains of the same blue colour hung around the bed, the canopy high above the mattress. The curtains were now tied to their respective posts, neat and pretty.

Satisfied that there was not a crease to be found, Betty ended her sixth check of the bed that day and eyed her young mistress critically. The Princess was looking straight ahead of her, seeing nothing yet again. Palace life bored her. Other servants said it always had and always would. Personally, the maid thought anyone would be bored being cooped up like a chicken day after day - without even any dirt to peck about in.

Making sure that the room was speckless, Betty cleared her throat. "Would Your Royal Highness enjoy a walk in the gardens?" she asked jovially. By the "gardens" she meant the enclosed area with high walls that had been designed for the court ladies to take "a breath of fresh air" now and then. A few steps out and then back into the castle didn't count as much of a breather to Betty, but she kept her opinions to herself.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next