For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

Wed May 16, 2007 5:08 am

From Borg Cube
[img]http://content.answers.com/main/content ... (Star_Trek).jpg[/img]
To Q

Wed May 16, 2007 5:10 am

Moongewl wrote:torus:

Noun
Inflected forms: pl.to·ri 1. Architecture A large convex molding, semicircular in cross section, located at the base of a classical column. 2. Anatomy A bulging or rounded projection or swelling. 3. Botany The receptacle of a flower. 4. Mathematics A toroid generated by a circle; a surface having the shape of a doughnut.

Yes, but the image should have been of the Torus - a step was missed out.

Wed May 16, 2007 5:36 am

If a torus is the shape of a doughnut, doesn't the doughnut count as the torus? (Kind of like a beach ball would count as a sphere, even though that's a mathematical description of its overall shape.)

Q from Star Trek
Q from James Bond

Wed May 16, 2007 6:03 am

If a torus is the shape of a doughnut, doesn't the doughnut count as the torus? (Kind of like a beach ball would count as a sphere, even though that's a mathematical description of its overall shape.)

I didn't think that was how it worked. Looking at all the other images.

Your image has to be linked to the previous image. My image was a doughnut, so if a torus was likened to my image than that was what the next image should have been. o_O

In direct comparison - the cube has nothing to do with the doughnut.

But it is only a game.

Q from Bond -

Alphabet

Wed May 16, 2007 6:21 am

Alphabet ->

Alien to Earthican alphabets (sorry best I can find)

If make you feel better, I do try to control myself. I usually see two or three separate, possible chains of related topics off of most pics. The more unusual and abstract the connections are fun to do though :D Sorry :oops:

Wed May 16, 2007 6:36 am

Personally, I consider them directly related because a doughnut is a torus and a Borg Cube is a cube, and they're linked by having geometric names. It might just be different mental classifications on our part.

Alphabets
to Alpha-Bits

Wed May 16, 2007 1:02 pm

From Alpha-bits...

To Lucky Charms! ^^

Wed May 16, 2007 4:37 pm

General Mills ->

Kellogg (WK, the founder of The San, to be exact)

Yeah, I think connecting a shape to a shape was pretty straight forward too. At least more direct than some of the others I did :P I realized too late last night I should have used this image instead

Wed May 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Kellogg ->

Signing of the Kellogg-Briand Pact

Wed May 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Signing of the Kellogg-Briand Pact
to the Signing of the US Constitution

Wed May 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Signing of the US Constitution - >

US Constitution.

Wed May 16, 2007 6:31 pm

US Constitution ->

US Agent