For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

Re: Minority Rules 3: Q6 Posted (Ans due Mon 12/22 7pm NST )

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Results from Round 6 will almost certainly be posted late tonight because I will be driving to FL today, and I'm still grading papers in ATL (it's an ~7 hour drive, and I haven't packed yet). Assuming there's a round 7, please let me know if posting Q7 later than 10pm NST will make answering by 7pm NST tomorrow problematic for you -- if I don't hear any complaints, I'm assuming it won't be a problem for anyone and will not change the deadline (otherwise, I'll extend it by the same amount of time that I was late by).

Tonight's answers are still due by 7pm NST (as judged by the timestamp of your PM) -- regardless of when I actually get around to posting results.

Thanks in advance for understanding, everyone!

And, yes, Zilary, Jack is a very dull boy. He just sits in the corner eating his Christmas pie.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Yay for having no points. XD

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:56 am

All work. You just have to have a liberal definition of work. For example, when I ski I'm obviously checking out the conditions to see what trails I should take my class on, and thus am working :)

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:33 am

Siniri waltzed into the room in her finest winter finery. "I have three announcements: 1) There was no tie this round. 2) StuMan and Pipsqueeek put down opposite answers. 3) Whoever has my silver platter, please give it back so I can present it to the winner!"

Wind handed her the platter. "I was just cleaning it for you." Siniri examined the defishified, glittery masterpiece. "Wow, it sparkles just like Edmund," she cooed. "I HATE TWILIGHT AHHH!" loser screamed.

"Well, then, who do you think won?" siniri asked. "I don't know, but wait, aren't the both choices synonyms of each other? Should we really have a winner then?" Zilary asked. Pardona replied, "They're totally not the same. For me, it's no play. No work either, but no play mostly." Pixa, who was still a bit strange after last night's eggnog, suddenly spat, "Instead. Lots of food. Lots and lots of... food."

Meanwhile, Pip and Stu looked like they were about to burst their seams in excitement. Siniri relented. "Alright, alright, I'll tell you! One of the choices had two voters; the other had four. Drumroll, please?" Loser tapped out "The Little Drummer Boy" on the dulcimer. "The winner of Minority Rules 3 is"
not surprisingly, the Queen of Nash, the Sultan of Strategy, the Undisputed Minority Rules Ruler of the Universe, that vixen Pipsqueeek!

Round 6 Results:
Majority (no play):
loser, Pardona, Pixa, StuMan
Minority (all work): Pipsqueeek, Zilary (+ 1 point each)
No Vote: Wind

Final Scores
Gold Medal: Pipsqueeek 5
Silver Medal: StuMan 4
Bronze Medal: Zilary 3
Honorable Mention: loser, Wind 1
Majority Rulers: Pardona, Pixa 0

Siniri clapped her hands. "Well, then, congratulations to the winner! And, now, here to present the award..."

Mariah (the one from Pip's class who sings really well -- we're on a budget, here, people!) entered, balancing on the tip of her wand the vampiresparkly platter of innocent salmon, and a one-way bus ticket to Chicago.

Thanks for playing, everyone! I really enjoyed hosting, and I hope you appreciated me incorporating your witty (and not-so-witty :P ) comments into the "story."

Re: Minority Rules 3: WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:37 am

Haha, wow. I honestly was not expecting that xD.

I guess I'm just really abnormal? :P

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:07 am

:lol: Awww, I wanted to see Britney back for the final ceremony! Mariah. So Z-list.

Congrats, pip. :P

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 pm

CONGRATS

good thing you are hosting next time, or someone would have to kill you.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:39 am

Wow pipsqueeek, you're on a roll!
(Outcasted much?)

Yes, next game please?

Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:49 pm

I wasn't trying to win this time, I swear!

... okay, so maybe I was, 'cause I'm competitive like that, but I didn't mean to be :P

So, do people want the next game to start now, or wait a bit to be after christmas and all?

Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Congrats Pip.

Yes bring on the next game.
Topic locked