Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

mayanspypilot wrote:
I have a quick question about the game: What were the avatars supposed to be for? This is the second game in which I had to sign up with an avatar, but it was never used for anything :(

And for anyone wanting to know my role:

Role Sheet wrote:
mayanspypilot: 27

You are an Innocent player. If the Innocents kill all other players, then you will win.
Role: Command Prompt: Every night, you can command one person to not use role powers for a day. Any actions they attempt won't occur. Send in a list of five names. The top living person on your list will have their power nullified.

Originally I was going to have a WW-themed set, with a random person's profiley thing and status, (alive, dead, team if dead, etc.), but I was totally lazy didn't have time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

QUSETION FOR EVERYONE!

I'm already working on my next game, and I'd like to find out what you thought of this game, what sucked, was was amazing, what confused you, what filled you with dread to understand, and what things caused you want you to bring stabbing death upon yours truly.

1. Conversions: There were a lot of conversions, and some people expressed annoyance that it was impossible to know who was on what team. What would make this better, and what did you like/dislike?

2. Resurrections: How did you fell about them? I once saw a game where the dead could vote for people to resurrect, would you like that, or anything else like that?

3. Voting: Well, how did you feel about the voting system? If a game was played where you got multiple votes per day, and you could save some for a later time? What about other voting systems?

4. Roles: Which roles did you like, and which just confused you? Were my descriptions of the roles good, or were you unsure of what you could do?

5. General other stuffs: What?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:47 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, the puzzle I had, under normal circumstances, would've taken even longer to figure out. It should be likely that I'd get it about halfway through the game so that I'd stand a chance at getting the prize, it being useful, and not having to be one of the last living players to get it. To get the prize that late in the game, it probably should've been even better.

Conversions - The conversions seemed to be out of hand.

Rezzes - This is why it's common to have immunity to death and conversions for a few days. That doomed people to lose this game. A Rez is supposed to be an amazing power if used strategically, so much so that you gave it to the Worms in place of a conversion or day kill. It was more detrimental than useless for two evil teams because innocents ended up with reveals of Evil teams, not even just one evil player.

Voting - I think having no unvoting is okay; I think one vote a day is okay. But I don't think combining those was very helpful with so many evil kills flying around.

Roles - The Programmer/Linux should've had a different effect for evil people. Like innocents getting evil people converted for guessing right was fine, but if the bad guys got 1 conversion, then the balance wouldn't have been so lopsided.
The Win Zip/Zipped File getting 200% shield was fine, but they shouldn't have gotten a shield upgrade when they found each other since they were going to be immune for a day. And getting even more kills when they found each other is another reason not to give more self-protection. The game didn't last long enough for even the original shield to be fair to other players.
Not getting to be leader of the Illegal ROM team after the leader dies is just too unfair. I'm insanely thankful TOSO survived as long as he did. Having it possible for a team to become powerless after the leader dies is too big of a weakness to a team, might as well be a OMT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
I was fine with everything, for the most part, aside from certain aspects of the roles/general stuff. I mean, I really hated that I was constantly being converted and rezzed (such is the problem of being so highly wanted by others ;D ), but that wasn't really a problem that had to do with the game as a whole, it was more... I dunno. Whatever. :P

With roles and stuff, I thought it was a bit unbalanced- it seemed like there was an absolute enormous amount of evil players, with the occasional innocent. The evils being converted to innocents thing was also confusing, but I could stand it, and I think it was an interesting aspect of the game.

I think the sense of unbalance was more with the lack of powers being divided up- some people had rezzes, some had conversions, some had both... So far, I've seen a LOT of rezzes and conversions on role sheets posted. Maybe a little too many of both? It seemed like every other person could rez or convert.

And then, y'know, Penguin and DM's team- sure, they weren't that powerful when not together, but that shield is insane. I mean, really insane.

It wouldn't matter if someone had noticed they were surviving anything thrown at them (the fact that it wasn't really noticed was less 'we weren't paying attention to who survived night scenes' and more they were both mostly inactive posters); unless they were targetted for execution or kills every single day, they would win, no matter what happened between the start of the game and the end of the game.

Sorry, but I really feel that that shield was just too much to be fair. That AND a rez on DM's part AND a daykill for Penguin AND both of them recieving a special power if they found each other? I mean, an unstoppable shield is one thing, but that with powers (one-use or not) and the promise of an additional power is just... Eh. :/

ETA: they recieved a shield upgrade when they found each other?! I didn't notice that. D:

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Since it's not a rule to put real info in here to help people, I live in Lala land
Yeah, and he said they had three kills left to use after that night of mayhem.

They did get even more shield from joining, otherwise Puppylover should've been able to target DM during the next night after Penguin was killed during execution. Penguin's shield was completely gone after the last attack on him until he joined up with DM and got, what, another 100% on the shield?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:33 am 

I would just like to know the method to the madness. Why was Xela rezzed as an innocent? Had I not convinced Puppylover to do that, we would have probably won the game. Shouldn't a resurrection be beneficial to the people who use it?

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:11 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Okamoto, I read your post on the groupies thread.
First off, I am female. GIRL. CHICK.

Secondly, I've been really busy lately, and I couldn't really get on. I was trying to be active though.

I kinda feel weird, because this is the first WW that I've won since WW IV, I believe. XD

(P.S.: Go to NeoLodge and join Werewolf or No Werewolf. :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Since it's not a rule to put real info in here to help people, I live in Lala land
My bad, DM sounds male

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's not a problem. People think I'm male all the time. I'm used to it, but it still bothers me a little. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

thanks for the feedback...

For my next game, I'm going with a fantasy theme: three guilds (thieves guild, warriors guild, mages guild) fighting each other. Inoocents have immunity from nonvoted death, and each night, the three teams can convert one innocent player, who then gets a role.

The difference, you ask? No team nightkills. All nightkills will be by individuals, so teams have to coordinate themselves. The other big change: Guildmasters (the team leaders) assign their teammates roles. I will give each Guildmaster a list of about 20 roles, and they choose what roles to give. Some roles might have only one vote per day, but a nightkill, whereas another role might have a single kill but several votes per night. The guildmasters will be more powerful, with protection based on their team's size: a team of just the Guildmaster will be much more likely to die than a Guildmaster with 10 players.

I'm also considering a ranking system: the longer you live, the more powerful you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:11 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That sounds pretty cool.

*cough*http://forums.neolodge.com/index.php?showtopic=17799*cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Tested wrote:
For my next game, I'm going with a fantasy theme: three guilds (thieves guild, warriors guild, mages guild) fighting each other.

That's like, a combination of the two game ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while that I haven't bothered to write down yet since I'm lazy/busy...

Anyway. The conversions were a bit over the top I think, especially with so many people being converted to innocent. And I think unvoting should be allowed. Not allowing it makes it so even if new information comes up, you're stuck, which encourages people to not vote until later, and then they forget.

<3 Laq

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29