Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: SSBB 3: Round 0 - 21 [Please Lock]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Round 0

SSBB = Super Smash Brothers Brawl
To all of those interested in joining, there are no sign ups. You can just start playing right off the bat. If you need additional help, I am here most of the time and more than willing to try to help as much as possible.

- Logo pic from Wiki

Story as of now:
There is a distinct calm over the stadium the night before the competition. While most of the arena is calm, there are still spots of activity.
---------------------------
Lieutenant Munro and Hazard Team patrol the halls making sure that everything is locked down and ready for the big day. Two weird looking dinosaurs, one blue, the other green, pop out, spit some bubbles and run away, drawing phaser fire.
The GM is passed out in his office. There is an open Excel file with data relating to California's vehicle sales on the screen of his computer.
Sephiroth is calmly walking around his lair. Colonel Johnson is overseeing the finishing touches on the Dark Troopers, Guard Armors, and even some Dark Armors! Sephiroth looks down at the cellphone in his hand, grumbles and keeps walking.
Saber is in her locker room meditating with Samanosuke. A brown-haired man with an eye patch stares out a window at the moon. The other Kratos lets out a loud belch as lays passed out from drinking all day.
Aerith quickly tends to her night-blooming plants so she can get to bed. Black Mage performs a bizarre sacrifice to some nameless horror. Gogo stands to the side miming Black Mage but with a stuffed animal instead of a live one.
In a small room for independent fighters, a young girl has fallen asleep with her 'pet' ferret after staying up watching too much anime. In the next room, a teenage boy has fallen asleep playing video games. His VR visor is still on his head.

Boy: Asleep. Who are you? Quit calling me Shugo.
Over the stadium, Snake watches as the landscaping crew clears and prepares the field for the next day's combat. Snake gets out his trademark bandana and ties it around his head.

Snake: It is showtime.

0500/1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5AM/PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out. If you miss one of the posting periods, you will not get an extra move. I will allow posts +5 minutes in so you don’t have to rush your action.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 damage and Ryu for -2 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][NPC][/color] for [b]-(X) damage[/b] and [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-(3-X) damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 and Ryu for -2
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [NPC] for -(X) damage and [Character B] for -(3-X) damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Example heal: ‘ Kirby heals for +2 HP
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Special users can defeat one 1 or 2 HP NPC of their choice in addition to their special use (meaning without targeting the NPC with the special).

Final Smashes (FS): FS actions are powerful, character-specific moves with special effects. They can only be activated two ways and usually involve the character being removed from the game (see below) for a short time. The FS use counter does not reset until all characters have used their FS. To activate: either use a Smash Emblem or buy it with some points. Characters that still have an available FS are marked with the Yen symbol (¥)

Removed from the Game (RFG): Unlike in Magic: The Gathering, this is not a permanent effect. Characters removed from the game cannot attack or heal but cannot be targeted. They return to play after a set amount of rounds. At least three characters will remain in play at all times.

Titles: Titles basically serve no purpose except for bragging rights. You do get a minor point boost or some other bonus effect for earning them though. Some titles will be earned via the war, but most are available during regular gameplay. Some titles are even multiple use so they can be had by many players. A list of all earned titles will be kept throughout the game. At no time will it be revealed how you earned a title so it will be a better challenge to get them. Some will carry over to the next game(s), but most are once per game.

Example Titles:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter; Metroid Prime Hunter; One-Winged Angel; Jedi Outcast

Special Character - Gogo: Due to Gogo’s unique nature, I will post his information every round. If there are any questions, PM me, and I will willingly help.
Gogo cannot attack or heal. He is active every round. He has only one special which he uses every round.
Special: Mime: *Gogo copies the last action done (the post above this use). *Gogo’s user may choose new targets. *If a special was used, Gogo receives -3 damage in addition to the special’s effects. *Cannot mime FS-es or actions in the GM’s posts. *Cannot be the first action of the round. *If Gogo is not used, he automatically heals for +1 HP each round, but he starts with 30 HP at the beginning of the game. *He counts as male for gender related contests.

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Factions: (** = Active Ability)
Castlevania: +40 - Vampire Slayer - Characters can automatically defeat two NPCs with 1, 2, or 3 HP or defeat one 4 or 5 HP NPC in addition any other actions this round
Deep Space 9ers: +60 - Reflective Shields - All attacks directed at the members are reflected back to the attackers. Members can still attack
Dream Land: +20 - Skill Copy - Members may use any special belonging to any [Faction] member. (Check character guide or with the GM for specials)
Hyrule: +80 points - Magic Sack - Members may use any weapon unlimited times (weapon changes user after each use unless user can do unlimited attacks) (Check item guide or with the GM for items)
Independent: +0 - None (duh, they have no team)
Kongo Jungle: +20 - Monkey Friends - When a member is attacked, the attacker receives a -1 damage counterattack for every -2 damage dealt to member (counterattack is rounded down)
Mushroom Kingdom: +40 - Mega Mushroom - All members deal double damage for the rest of the round, but cannot use weapons. Negative side effects are doubled for members
Mythology: +60
Pokémon: +60 - Pokeball - A random, unused Pokeball is activated. Members are immune to the effects
Sephiroth: +50 - Summon Sephiroth - Either: a Guard Armor or Dark Trooper appear; or Sephiroth appears for the round and deals up to -20 damage distributed among the remaining characters.
Sonic: +60 - Hyper Sonic Speed - Members cannot be attacked for the rest of the round. Members may still attack.
Square Enix: +190 points - Job Change - Members may use any Dressphere that is currently not being used (Check Dressphere guide or with the GM for Dresspheres). Counts as a weapon action
Versus: +100 - Versus: Adrenaline Rush - Members may make unlimited actions. Special users may use their special twice (any given player may only use the special once)

Characters
(Castlevania x4)
(DS9ers x6)
(Dream World x2)
(Hyrule x8)
(Indy x6)
(Kongo Jungle x2)
(Mushroom Kingdom x4)
(Mythology x6)
(Pokemon x6)
(Sephiroth x5)
(Sonic x6)
(Square Enix x19)
(Versus x10)

NPC Stats
None

Your beloved referees - Reno of the Turks and Lieutenant Alexander Munro of Starfleet!

Eliminations (Victim, Character, Player, Round):
?? - ?? - ?? - Round ??

NPC Kills (NPC, # defeated, # sent):
Goomba - 0 - 0
Octorok - 0 - 0
Slime - 0 - 0
Koopa Troopa - 0 - 0
Spiny - 0 - 0
Deku Scrub - 0 - 0
Hammer Bros - 0 - 0
Kremling - 0 - 0
Heartless - 0 - 0
Paratroopa - 0 - 0
Redead - 0 - 0
Cactuar - 0 - 0
Like-Like - 0 - 0
Red Bubble - 0 - 0
Blue Bubble - 0 - 0
Bomb - 0 - 0
Boo - 0 - 0
Shyguy - 0 - 0
Wiggler - 0 - 0
Dodongo - 0 - 0
Lakitu - 0 - 0
Stalfos - 0 - 0
Moblin - 0 - 0
Zu - 0 - 0
Tonberry - 0 - 0
Iron Knuckle - 0 - 0
Metroid - 0 - 0
Malboro - 0 - 0
Thwomp - X - 0
Floor Master - X - 0

Points: Max = (Enterprise + Hugo’s Flight #) - (This year + Σ Lost’s #s) + (# of Ronin + (Manaphy - Leafia)) + Ge ± First Child’s Eva (A, J, M, V) T
Blk Mage - 281
Stinkyllama - 56
Christopher - 490 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 1, V - 0) T = 2 (Free Pokeball) (See Round 0)
Noo - 313
Ryan - 205
Roxas_x - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Okamoto - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 1 (Free attack x2)
Typhoon - 140 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 1
MJ - 3
Puppy Lover - 32 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Uncle Xyzzy - 253 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
L-Neko - 1
GM Choice - 85

Past Winners:
SSBM 1 - Samus of DS9ers
SSBM 2: Revenge of the Melee - Mewtwo of Team Pokémon
SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite - Roy of Team Hyrule
SSBB 1: The Brawl Begins - Rikku of Square Enix
SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl - Aerith of Square Enix
SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB - ????
SSBB 4: 100 - ????

Point Redemption - Updated soon

Number of FS-es Left to Use: 66

Pokémon List:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Summon Materia Effects:
Found here - Updated with Point Redemption

Djinni System Information
Coming soon! Watch below for details!

Character Profiles:
Found here. Enjoy!

Game Notes:
Changes made in SSBB 1 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 2 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 3 here. Soon!
Previous HRB Rules. Not valid for use. Will repost.
Request Info! - Down for now
How to Gogo - Enjoy!

Game Site:
Overall, found here.
Preview movies at the bottom of the first column.

Round 0 Announcements:
1: As you can tell, this 'round' is set several hours before Round 1. It is just to give a preview of the plot and funness to come when Round 1 is finally posted. There is at least a 37-39 hr wait between this 'round' and Round 1.
2: No characters are listed so there can be no combat, but that doesn't mean there can't be any discussion about the upcoming game. Prospective players can get any initial questions about gameplay out of the way. Returning players can post their giddy excitement. Christopher and Typhoon can argue about their love/hate of Yoshi.
3: You can do a quick sum of the characters and easily tell there are many more from last time. I will not reveal them all, some are going to be good surprises ;) Those that can be mentioned and discussed are (from the Request page last game): Saber, Samanosuke, Kratos (God of War), Kratos Aurion, Roxas, Fran (FF XII) and Master Chief. The girl mentioned in the opening is one of the 'secret' characters that will not be revealed on this thread until Round 1. Any guesses should be done via PM. Oh! And well duh I added a new Pokemon to the team. I got the idea while in Japan as well.
4: New features and the like will be revealed next round as well. A few little hints: there is a new army in the war; the one who defeated Dark Samus last game has his own mini-game; and Ace Attorney gained a new stage.
5: Well duh. Everyone and their maternal ancestor knows that the Djinni are on their way. The few that have read and reviewed them have been ecstatic to see them.
6: Well duh. Given Roxas' stink about titles a while back, we all know titles are on their way. I expect to give away at least one next round.
7: Pokeball hint! ... would normally go here on most Saturdays, but this isn't an official round! You think I would give those things away this early!
8: And speaking of titles. I added two more to the mix that get awarded at the end of the game. Turns out they both go to Christopher. One is 'Ribbon Syndicate'. There is no bonus.
9: The other title is 'Terminator'. The bonus is as follows: Your regular attacks deal an extra -1 damage during the first week and you may run for governor of California. Please do not forget this before Round 8.
10: I think that is all. Feel free to discuss and ask questions. The next update will be on its way as quick as possible. I'll be around to aswer gameplay questions as much as I can, plus I know many of the others can help too.

This Round's Weapons:
None

This Round's Dresspheres (Square Enix only!):
None

This Round's Specials:
1) None
2) None
3) None
4) None
FS: None

This Round's Stage:
None

This Round's Mini-game:
None

This Round's NPCs:
None

This Round's Faction Ability:
None

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what time zone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Last edited by Skynetmain on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB [How to play on each update]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yoshi rules. End. And did he ever get that pink paint washed off of him?

Welcome back, Sky! ^^

WOOT FIRST PLAYER POST. I should get a title. :O

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:17 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote:
8: And speaking of titles. I added two more to the mix that get awarded at the end of the game. Turns out they both go to Christopher. One is 'Ribbon Syndicate'. There is no bonus.

Lol what?

Quote:
9: The other title is 'Terminator'. The bonus is as follows: Your regular attacks deal an extra -1 damage during the first week and you may run for governor of California. Please do not forget this before Round 8.

Yay.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yay. First SSBB for me. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:30 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Roxas > all. END.

I need a new sig. >_>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Appx. 26-28 hr to Round 1

Typhoon wrote:
Yoshi rules. End. And did he ever get that pink paint washed off of him?

I had to get him cleaned up since the joke really doesn't mean anything at this point.

Christopher wrote:
Quote:

Lol what?

Actually, the exact text of the bonus reads: 'Bonus: You get another title! Isn’t that good enough?'

The title was a result of playing to much Pearl and having just reached the Resort Area.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yay, Yoshi's green again!

*hugs him*

So... what faction is he a part of this time? Back to Mushroom Kingdom? Or still part of Sephiroth?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Typhoon wrote:
So... what faction is he a part of this time? Back to Mushroom Kingdom? Or still part of Sephiroth?

Except for planned or unforeseen defections or new Faction formings, all of the characters are on their set Faction for the rest of the game. Little hint for finding Yoshi, the number of members in Sephiroth would be lower and the number in MK would be higher.

Don't mind the Team Versus number. I went fighting game crazy one day and virtually doubled their team size. It may or may not decrease in size. Oh! And one of the new members knows Saber.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:30 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

*counts* Mario, Peach, Luigi... Bowser/Yoshi?

o.o;;

*should get a First Post title anyway XD*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

BM tries to attack Aerith, but since it's only round 0 she takes -0 damage.

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Appx. 24 hr to Round 1

Typhoon wrote:
*should get a First Post title anyway XD*

Well, maybe in 24 hr...

Edit: More or less 13-15 hr...

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:47 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Roxas uses Sheer Pwnage on everyone for -50 damage each.
Unfortunatly, They came prepared with 100 damage and 80 for Gogo. Bummer.

I need a new sig. >_>

Post subject: SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB [How to play on each update]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Round 1

SSBB = Super Smash Brothers Brawl
To all of those interested in joining, there are no sign ups. You can just start playing right off the bat. If you need additional help, I am here most of the time and more than willing to try to help as much as possible.

- Mario Trophy pic from Really. You can’t guess?

Story as of now:
Snake stand proudly as he surveys the freshly cleaned arena. He placed his sharpened knife in its sheave, smooths out his camouflage, and adjusts his bandana.
Snake: Boy, it is a great day to be alive.
Pit: What the heck are you talking about?
Snake: We are finally going to get in the game. Aren’t you excited?
Pit: Snake, we don’t even come out until December. Heck, you haven’t even been revealed on the website outside of the preview movies.
Snake: Well, fluffer-nutters.
Pit: What?
Sam: Dude. That was a totally PC thing to say.
Snake thinks and rubs his chin for a second. He pulls out his knife and starts chasing his friends.
Square Enix’s locker room. The GM had a small conservatory built for Aerith to display both her and Rikku’s trophies. Aerith is calmly working in her garden, completely ignoring the fact that everyone is getting ready for the next competition. Cloud walks by carrying a bag of fertilizer while the Gullwings watch on.
Rikku: Both of those trophies should be mine.
Paine: Could be worse.
Rikku: How?
Yuna: Well, the GM told me that it was either her or the damn dinosaur.
Rikku: Ugh. I am very glad that it wasn’t the dinosaur. I would have had to resign if it was him. ... Or was it a her? It was pink at the end.
Yuna: I have no clue, but I agree with the rebellion or at least boycott.
Paine: Personally, I...
A tall usagimimi walks past. She is dressed in skin-tight black leather. All of the men and Paine stop and take notice. Balthier steps into the locker room after Fran passes. Gogo appears beside Balthier and mimes his every action.
Balthier: Okay people. Now that Fran is competing, there is one simple rule you must follow: respect Fran, or I will take you out back and give you a spanking. Starting with you Rikku.
Rikku: What did I do!
Balthier: That’s it! Get over here and drop you trousers!
Pikachu: Pi! Ka! CHU! [Trans: Super Thunder Attack, go!]
Pikachu blasts Balthier with a massive bolt of electricity. The poor man is shocked until Gregguru walks over and hits him with Poison Jab. Gogo mimes the entire electric shock. Balthier passes out. Gogo mimes falling over. Pikachu has Gregguru drag Balthier out of the room. Somehow, Gogo mimes being dragged out of the room, leaving all confused.
Pikachu: Pika-pika-pika... [Trans: What a dirty man. A dirty, dirrty man.]
Balthier: Half conscious. I wanna touch the bum...
Rikku: I am so glad he is not on the team. He just is such a dirty guy.
Yuna: Welcome to my world.
Reno: Instantly beside Yuna. He raises a good point. Yuna! Grabs Yuna’s hands. Let us fulfil Balthier’s dying wish together!
Yuna: Not on your life, you pervert!
Yuna slams Reno’s head through a locker door then slams it shut. Yuna storms away as Reno dangles from the locker.
Reno: So is that a maybe?
Reno passes out.
Link and Roy are helping Hayabusa Ryu and Prince pack up their lockers. The others bow and leave the locker room with their stuff.
Link: Well, there they go to join Kratos’ new team. Good thing Kratos is there to take care of them.
Roy: Wait, what?
Link: The new team. It has Kratos and Kratos, and now Ryu.
Roy: It has the leader of Versus?
Link: No! That is Ryu. I am talking about Ryu. Now, help me get ready to welcome Ryu.
Roy: Huh!?
Link: Ryu went to Mythology, but Ryu is joining us to replace him.
Roy: The leader of Versus is joining us!?
Link: That is Ryu! I am talking about Ryu!
Roy: But didn’t he just go to the new team?
Link: Not Ryu, Ryu!
Roy: So the leader of Versus is on the new team, and we just packed up a locker for no reason?
Link: No, no, [bleep] no! That was Ryu’s locker. Ryu will have a different locker, and Ryu will stay on Versus!
Roy: But wasn’t Ryu on our team last game?
Link’s eye starts twitching. A small flame bursts behind him as a pair of Triforces appear around Roy.
Roy: Uh oh.
Link slowly starts to draw Master Sword as Roy takes off running.
Saber and Samanosuke are carrying stuff to their new locker room when they pass a pair of Versus members. Akira and Shiki stop to talk on their way to their locker room.
Shiki: Saber! It has been a long time.
Saber: Shiki-san! It is a pleasure. How is Arc-san doing?
Shiki: She is well, and Emiya?
Saber: He is... quite okay.
Shiki: It is great seeing you again. I can’t wait to see you in the arena.
Saber: I too cannot wait to see you in combat.
Saber and Shiki bow and continue on their way. Akira and Samanosuke bow as well and follow their teammates.
Samanosuke: You know one of the rivals?
Saber: Quite well. We come from the same home and met a few times in out Lycee days. Just like you and Katt.
Samanosuke: Yeah... and Chun-li and X and Zero...
Sephiroth is pacing his lair. Colonel Johnson, Ridley, the Space Pirates and the Imperials have repaired all of the damage from the war and upgraded the lair with better security. Team Sephiroth is fully healed, freshly trained, and ready to fight. Sephiroth keeps pacing.
Johnson: Sir... is something wrong?
Sephiroth glares at Colonel Johnson, knocking the smaller man over.
Yoshi: Yo...shi? [Trans: Is there... something we can do to help?]
Sephiroth turns and growls, sending Yoshi running for cover. No one says a word until Ridley hiccups.
Sephiroth: Thundaja!
Ridley is blasted with a massive bolt of lightning.
Ridley: I didn’t do anything!
Sephiroth: Thunda....
Loud, ominous music starts playing. Sephiroth quickly gets out his cellphone and answers.
Sephiroth: Moshi, moshi. What? Who the hell do you think you are! I don’t care about that! Same to you!
Sephiroth slams the phone down.
Sephiroth: Where are they!
Ridley: Who?
Sephiroth: Our new allies. They should be here by now.
Marth: Allies? Are they joining out team?
Sephiroth: No, just some material support, not that I am going to reveal anything about new team members if there are any at this moment.
The rest of the team smile and nudge each other about new teammates. Doc/O’Malley enters, leading in an old man.
O’Malley: Sorry we’re late. The old guy had to stop to pee every ten minutes.
Doc: He has a bad prostate!
Wily: Quiet, you fools.
Sephiroth: Glad to see you made it safely.
Wily: No thanks to your robot here. Now, enough formalities. I want to get to work reclaiming my greatest work.
Sephiroth: Right away. Turkleton! Show him to the launch bay.
Johnson: Aye, sir.
Colonel Johnson leads Dr Wily away.
Yoshi: Yoshi. [Trans: He seemed nice.]
Marth: Sir, you said allies. Who is the other one?
Sephiroth: Oh, some international thief. She is one of the best. Tall... brown hair... red trench... probably one of the biggest bounties for her capture...
Falcon: Tall... red trench... Falcon like.
Falco: Great. The idiot is in love again.
Sephiroth: She should be a great asset, but where in the world is she! Arg! Get out there and get winning!
Sephiroth goes back to pacing. The team heads out to the field. Deoxys holds back for a moment to undergo cellular mitosis. The second Deoxys leaves with the others, but a rouge Pokémon trainer swoops in and captures it before disappearing again.
A young girl is trying to find her way around the stadium. She is holding a map in one hand while a ferret runs by her side.
Nanoha: Oh, Yuno, I think we’re lost.
A person in red passes.
Nanoha: Excuse me! Can you help us?
Kite: Turns. Sure. What can I do?
Nanoha: I am new here. I think we’re a little lost.
Kite: Ah. I know that feeling. Where are you trying to get to: upper deck or ground level?
Nanoha: Uh... ground level I guess... I’m supposed to be in the arena shortly.
Kite: What!
Nanoha: I am one of the new fighters. Takamachi Nanoha.
Kite: I’m Kite. You’re just a little you... well, Young Link is only ten...
Nanoha: I’m nine.
Kite: Oh geez. I hope your team will look out for you. Who are you with?
Nanoha: Motions to the ferret. This is Yuno.
Kite: No, I meant which Faction?
Nanoha: Oh! Checks the paper. Uh... Independence...
Kite: Ugh. You are independent. That means you have no team. Well, so am I. I’ll try to look after you if that is okay.
Nanoha: That is fine. I like working in teams.
Nanoha smiles. Kite smiles back. He takes her hand and leads her and Yuno to the arena.
At the arena, all of the competitors are coming to the field and gathering with their teams. Reno is out and patrolling, but he is wearing a collar that looks like part of a locker around his neck. In the Mythology camp, Saber and Samanosuke are finishing their conversation.
Samanosuke: ... And Leon and Ada and Dante... oh! And Ryu, not Ryu or Ryu, but you knew that.
Saber: Of course.
Prince: Well duh.
Kratos A: Even a three year old knows that difference.
H Ryu: We’ll become friends as well, too.
Kratos: Big whoop. All you did was name drop the whole time. Mockingly. Ooo, look at me. I’m the freshman. I know everybody.
Samanosuke: Stop calling me that. This is both of our first game. We’re equal!
Kratos: Yeah, well, you name comes after mine, therefore you’re lesser to me, freshman.
Samanosuke snaps and punches Kratos. Kratos takes a swing back. Before the can seriously get into it, the others pull them apart.
Kratos A: Save it for the ring, or better yet, don’t fight at all.
Saber: Agreed. I do not wish to see the team come apart in our first outing. You should all be as well behaved and loyal as Aurion-san is.
Kratos and Samanosuke grumbe and pretend to make up. Across the field, Pikachu hops down from the stands where he left Balthier under Gregguro’s watchful eyes and powerful poison jab.
Pikachu: Pika-pika. [Trans: That man is going to be the death of me.]
Nyasu: If he is that much trouble, you should just get rid of him, nyao.
Pikachu: Pikachu! [Trans: I would never abandon a friend!]
Nyasu: But he is so much of a burden to you, nyao. He is always chasing women and starting fights; never feeding you; coming up with crazy schemes that never work; making you do all of the grunt work while they get all of the glory and pay... damn humans, nyao!
Mewtwo: ~So how are Musashi and Kojiro?~
Nyasu: They are quite well, nyao. Why do you ask, nyao?
Mewtwo just rolls his eyes and floats away. There is a loud cheer as the SE stars enter the field. Most smile and wave back, except Squall who ignores the crowd and Cloud who has to be forced to wave by Aerith. Reno rides over to greet the team as the enter. At the end of the of the pack, Sora and Roxas run up late. They cut off Kite and Nanoha who have just arrived as well. Sora heads past Reno.
Reno: Hey Sora.
Roxas passes Reno.
Kite and Nanoha pass Reno.
Kite: What?! I don’t even look a thing like those two!
Reno: What? No. Your new blades. They make you look like the other Sora.
Kite: Oh. These? Kite activates the blades on his arm. They extend suddenly, causing Nanoha and Yonu to jump back. Yeah. They are pretty cool.
Nanoha: Scary!
Kite: Sorry. They are quite shocking the first time. Come on. I’ll show you around.
Kite leads Nanoha around to introduce her to the others. At another entrance, Roy charges on to the field, still surrounded by Triforces. The crowd gives him a massive cheer. He stops to bow before running again. Link bursts on to the field shortly afterward. The crowd cheers for him as well. Link does a short bow then whips out his boomerang. He nails Roy in the back, causing him to fall over. Link heads over and hold the Master Sword over Roy.
Roy: Whoa! Hold on! We can handle this in a mature manner.
Link: That is a laugh coming from you.
Roy: Seriously! Let’s settle this like adults. We should take this dispute to Reno.
Link: Thinks. That would be a good choice. I would hate to start this game with one less ally. It is a deal. Helps Roy up. To Reno.
Link puts his sword away and seeks out the referee. Roy quickly gets on his feet and runs out of the stadium. He heads straight to the nearest airport and boards a plane. The departure board has ‘Reno, NV’ as the top plane. Back in the arena, Link calmly walks up to Reno.
Link: Excuse me. We have a little dispute going. Roy is confused about which Ryu is which and other stupid things... What I am asking is for some solution to this, like name tags or something. What do you think Roy? Roy?
Reno: Looks behind Link. Looks like he isn’t as enthused about solving this as you are...
Link turns around. Roy is nowhere to be seen. Link’s eye starts to twitch. An airplane flies overhead. A Triforce appears outside one of the windows... A loud fanfare plays over the sound system. Everyone on the field stops and looks up to the GM’s office. The beloved GM steps out onto his balcony and waves to the crowds and competitors.
GM: Since none of you listen to me anyway... all your base are belong to us!
Rufus: Sir, the mic is on.
GM: Oh crud. Well, that aside, I welcome one and all to the latest, and dare I say greatest, SSBB competition. There are many new faces, be nice to the little one. Nanoha blushes and waves to everyone. There are many new features. A Mercury djinni hops up beside the GM. And many, many new twists and turns like you have never seen. Pong floats past in the background. In the bowels of the stadium, a dark form stalks its prey. Now, enough formalities. It! Is! Showtime!
The GM and Rufus pull out cracker launchers and fire off a firework show for the start of combat.

0500/1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5AM/PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out. If you miss one of the posting periods, you will not get an extra move. I will allow posts +5 minutes in so you don’t have to rush your action.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 damage and Ryu for -2 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][NPC][/color] for [b]-(X) damage[/b] and [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-(3-X) damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 and Ryu for -2
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [NPC] for -(X) damage and [Character B] for -(3-X) damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Special users can defeat one 1 or 2 HP NPC of their choice in addition to their special use (meaning without targeting the NPC with the special).

Final Smashes (FS): FS actions are powerful, character-specific moves with special effects. They can only be activated two ways and usually involve the character being removed from the game (see below) for a short time. The FS use counter does not reset until all characters have used their FS. To activate: either use a Smash Emblem or buy it with some points. Characters that still have an available FS are marked with the Yen symbol (¥)

Removed from the Game (RFG): Unlike in Magic: The Gathering, this is not a permanent effect. Characters removed from the game cannot attack or heal but cannot be targeted. They return to play after a set amount of rounds. At least three characters will remain in play at all times.

Titles: Titles basically serve no purpose except for bragging rights. You do get a minor point boost or some other bonus effect for earning them though. Some titles will be earned via the war, but most are available during regular gameplay. Some titles are even multiple use so they can be had by many players. A list of all earned titles will be kept throughout the game. At no time will it be revealed how you earned a title so it will be a better challenge to get them. Some will carry over to the next game(s), but most are once per game.

Example Titles:
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter; Metroid Prime Hunter; One-Winged Angel; Jedi Outcast

Special Character - Gogo: Due to Gogo’s unique nature, I will post his information every round. If there are any questions, PM me, and I will willingly help.
Gogo cannot attack or heal. He is active every round. He has only one special which he uses every round.
Special: Mime: *Gogo copies the last action done (the post above this use). *Gogo’s user may choose new targets. *If a special was used, Gogo receives -3 damage in addition to the special’s effects. *Cannot mime FS-es or actions in the GM’s posts. *Cannot be the first action of the round. *If Gogo is not used, he automatically heals for +1 HP each round, but he starts with 30 HP at the beginning of the game. *He counts as male for gender related contests.

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Factions: (** = Active Ability)
Castlevania: +40 - Vampire Slayer - Characters can automatically defeat two NPCs with 1, 2, or 3 HP or defeat one 4 or 5 HP NPC in addition any other actions this round
Deep Space 9ers: +60 - Reflective Shields - All attacks directed at the members are reflected back to the attackers. Members can still attack
Dream Land: +20 - Skill Copy - Members may use any special belonging to any [Faction] member. (Check character guide or with the GM for specials)
Hyrule: +80 points - Magic Sack - Members may use any weapon unlimited times (weapon changes user after each use unless user can do unlimited attacks) (Check item guide or with the GM for items)
Independent: +0 - None (duh, they have no team)
Kongo Jungle: +20 - Monkey Friends - When a member is attacked, the attacker receives a -1 damage counterattack for every -2 damage dealt to member (counterattack is rounded down)
Mushroom Kingdom: +40 - Mega Mushroom - All members deal double damage for the rest of the round, but cannot use weapons. Negative side effects are doubled for members
Mythology: +60
Pokémon: +60 - Pokeball - A random, unused Pokeball is activated. Members are immune to the effects
Sephiroth: +50 - Summon Sephiroth - Either: a Guard Armor or Dark Trooper appear; or Sephiroth appears for the round and deals up to -20 damage distributed among the remaining characters.
Sonic: +60 - Hyper Sonic Speed - Members cannot be attacked for the rest of the round. Members may still attack.
Square Enix: +190 points - Job Change - Members may use any Dressphere that is currently not being used (Check Dressphere guide or with the GM for Dresspheres). Counts as a weapon action
Versus: +100 - Versus: Adrenaline Rush - Members may make unlimited actions. Special users may use their special twice (any given player may only use the special once)

Characters
(Castlevania x4)
Alucard--------------------------50 ¥
Jonathan and Charlotte--------50 ¥
Simon Belmont-----------------50 ¥
Soma Cruz----------------------50 ¥
(DS9ers x6)
Fox McCloud-------------------50 ¥
Kyle Katarn---------------------50 ¥
Master Chief--------------------50 ¥
Samus Aran---------------------50
X---------------------------------50 ¥
Zero------------------------------50 ¥
(Dream World x2)
Kirby-----------------------------50 ¥
Ness------------------------------50
(Hyrule x8)
Ganondorf-----------------------50 ¥
Jeran and Lisha-----------------50 ¥
Link------------------------------50 ¥
Sheik-----------------------------50
Roy-------------------------------50 ¥
Ryu (BoF)-----------------------50 ¥
Young Link---------------------50
Zelda-----------------------------50 ¥
(Indy x6)
Ice Climbers---------------------50
Joanna Dark---------------------50 ¥
Kite------------------------------50 ¥
Mr Game & Watch-------------50
Takamachi Nanoha-------------50 ¥ (No attack, heal or target)
Wario----------------------------50
(Kongo Jungle x2)
Diddy Kong---------------------50
Donkey Kong-------------------50
(Mushroom Kingdom x4)
Mario----------------------------50 ¥
Luigi-----------------------------50
Princess Peach------------------50
King Koopa---------------------50 ¥
(Mythology x6)
Saber-----------------------------50 ¥
Hayabusa Ryu------------------50
Kratos Aurion-------------------50 ¥
Kratos---------------------------50 ¥
Samanosuke---------------------50 ¥
Prince----------------------------50 ¥
(Pokemon x6)
Pikachu--------------------------50 ¥
Purin-----------------------------50
Nyasu (TR)---------------------50 ¥
Mewtwo-------------------------50
Pichu-----------------------------50
Plusle and Minun---------------50 ¥
(Sephiroth x5)
Captain Falcon------------------50
Deoxys---------------------------50 ¥
Falco Lombardi-----------------50
Marth----------------------------50 ¥
Yoshi----------------------------50
(Sonic x6)
Sonic-----------------------------50 ¥
Shadow--------------------------50 ¥
Silver-----------------------------50 ¥
Knuckles-------------------------50 ¥
Tails------------------------------50 ¥
Blaze-----------------------------50 ¥
(Square Enix x19)
Black Mage---------------------50 ¥
Edge-----------------------------50 ¥
Gogo-----------------------------30
Tina Branford-------------------50 ¥
Aerith Gainsborough-----------50 ¥
Cloud Strife---------------------50 ¥
Squall Leonhart-----------------50 ¥
Beatrix---------------------------50
Auron----------------------------50 ¥
Yuna-----------------------------50 ¥
Rikku----------------------------50 ¥
Paine-----------------------------50 ¥
Fran------------------------------50
Ramza Beoulve-----------------50 ¥
Fel Fong Wong-----------------50 ¥
Chrono---------------------------50 ¥
Sora------------------------------50 ¥
Roxas----------------------------50 ¥
Geno-----------------------------50 ¥
(Versus x10)
Chun-li---------------------------50
Kasumi---------------------------50 ¥
Kazama Jin----------------------50 ¥
Liu Kang------------------------50 ¥
Ryu (SF)-------------------------50
Siegfried Schtauffen------------50 ¥
Sol Badguy----------------------50 ¥
Terry Bogard-------------------50 ¥
Tohno Shiki---------------------50 ¥
Yuki Akira----------------------50 ¥

NPC Stats
None

Your beloved referees - Reno of the Turks and Lieutenant Alexander Munro of Starfleet!

?? - ?? - ?? - Round ??

NPC Kills (NPC, # defeated, # sent):
Goomba - 0 - 0
Octorok - 0 - 0
Slime - 0 - 0
Koopa Troopa - 0 - 0
Spiny - 0 - 0
Deku Scrub - 0 - 0
Hammer Bros - 0 - 0
Kremling - 0 - 0
Heartless - 0 - 0
Paratroopa - 0 - 0
Redead - 0 - 0
Cactuar - 0 - 0
Like-Like - 0 - 0
Red Bubble - 0 - 0
Blue Bubble - 0 - 0
Bomb - 0 - 0
Boo - 0 - 0
Shyguy - 0 - 0
Wiggler - 0 - 0
Dodongo - 0 - 0
Lakitu - 0 - 0
Stalfos - 0 - 0
Moblin - 0 - 0
Zu - 0 - 0
Tonberry - 0 - 0
Iron Knuckle - 0 - 0
Metroid - 0 - 0
Malboro - 0 - 0
Thwomp - X - 0
Floor Master - X - 0

Points: Max = (USS Enterprise + Hugo’s Flight #) - (This year + Σ Lost’s #s) + (# of Ronin + (Manaphy - Leafia)) + Ge ± First Child’s Eva (A, J, M, V) T
Blk Mage - 281
Stinkyllama - 56
Christopher - 490 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 1, V - 0) T = 4 (Free Pokeball) (See Round 0)
Noo - 313
Ryan - 205
Roxas_x - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Okamoto - 500 (max) (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 1 (Free attack x2)
Typhoon - 140 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 1
MJ - 3
Puppy Lover - 32 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
Uncle Xyzzy - 253 (A - 0, J - 0, M - 0, V - 0) T = 0
L-Neko - 1
GM Choice - 85

Past Winners:
SSBM 1 - Samus of DS9ers
SSBM 2: Revenge of the Melee - Mewtwo of Team Pokémon
SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite - Roy of Team Hyrule
SSBB 1: The Brawl Begins - Rikku of Square Enix
SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl - Aerith of Square Enix
SSBB 3: Melancholy of SSBB - ????
SSBB 4: 100 - ????

Point Redemption - Updated soon

Number of FS-es Left to Use: 66

Pokémon List:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Summon Materia Effects:
Found here - Updated with Point Redemption

Djinni System Information
Coming soon! Watch below for details!

Character Profiles:
Found here. Enjoy!

Game Notes:
Changes made in SSBB 1 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 2 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 3 here. Soon!
Previous HRB Rules. Not valid for use. Will repost.
Request Info! - Down for now
How to Gogo - Enjoy!

Game Site:
Overall, found here.
Preview movies at the bottom of the first column.

Round 1 Announcements:
1: Brackets will return eventually.
2: I hope you liked the commercial parodies. They are really fun to write. If you have suggestions, feel free to PM me. I will be doing more of the ‘who’s greatest’ discussions since they are pretty fun to write. Drools over the idea of more Mac vs PC commercials.
3: Read me! Or at least the ones written by your beloved GM
4: Welcome back to the next round of SSBB gameplay! We reached a record number of rounds last game, and I hope to crush the record again! Like last game, there are few gameplay changes and mostly a facelift for established concepts. Without further delay, here is the basic rundown of the new features:
5: New Characters! You have to lead with what is important. Their full introductions will start tomorrow, but we can always point out the newest combatants: Master Chief (Halo), Takamachi Nanoha (Triangle Heart 3), Saber (Fate/stay-night), Ryu (BoF), Kratos (GoW), Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia), Samanosuke (Onimusha), Team Rocket’s Nyasu (Pokémon RBG), Fran (FF XII), Roxas (KH II), Kazama Jin (Tekken 3), Tohno Shiki (Tsukihime), Yuki Akira (Virtua Fighter), and Jonathan and Charlotte (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin). That brings the total up to, drum roll, 84 currently playable characters!
6: New weapons! A new weapon was added for all you WoW addicts. You won’t see it until we get Brackets though. There is also an influx of many new Dresspheres to fill out the magics. Most importantly, one of the original SSB weapons (with a Perfect-ly Dark past) has finally made its way to the arena.
7: New Mini-Games! Thanks to some time-Tested requests, a fair deal of new mini-games have been created. The Elite Beat Agents combine the flair of the Gibson with the fun of Hyrule Fishing. Straight from Mario 64, you get a chance to kill the wabbit. Most importantly, the hero that defeated the evil Dark Samus, the first video game ever, gets his just dues!
8: Djinni! Ah yes. A whole new system to make everyone massively more powerful. There will soon be a post coming giving all of the details.
9: Titles! Just a little extra bragging rights. Some are easy and everyone will get them. Some are hard and no one may get them. Some are war-exclusive. Some are only given out at the end of the game. All are fun. All have good bonuses. All are worth it to hunt.
10: Unique Specials! Every game since I took over, I introduced one new special that was unique from all of the others in some way. Kirby’s Stone, Joanna’s Psychosis Gun, Gogo. This time, there are two that I feel earn that honor. Saber and Roxas both have some cool specials you may like.
11: WAR! Like you didn’t see another of these coming. The last one was short, but it accomplished all I wanted and more. This one will be longer, more complex (in terms of objectives only) and a lot easier to compete in. Plus a small array of new bosses and a new army are ready for the using.
12: Many other little small things! Only one new Stage brought to you by an Ace Attorney. One new NPC that followed its leader from Subeta. Minor cosmetic changes help you know exactly which character you are using (thank you Ryu, Ryu, and Ryu!) There might be others, but I cannot think of them.
13: Well, this is essentially everything new. No real big changes, just a bunch of new stuff. Watch out for my usual twist and turns too.

This Round's Weapons:
1 Motion Sensor Bomb: After use, the bomb stays on the field until the next action. The bomb deals -5 damage to the next character to make an action regardless of defenses (Hits through reflection, immunity, and absorption). If this is the last action of the round, the bomb deals -5 damage to the user.

This Round's Dresspheres (Square Enix only!):
1 Time Mage 2 - Warp: Remove one character from the game for the rest of this and next round. User cannot attack or heal for three rounds.

This Round's Specials:
1) Fran: Whip Kick: -6 damage to one character and -1 damage to Fran
2) Nanoha: Barrier Jacket: Automatic. Nanoha cannot attack, heal or be targeted until the end of the round
3) Jin: Stinger: -4 damage to one character
4) Nyasu: Slash: -4 damage to one character. A d4 is rolled at the end of the round. If the roll is 1 or 4, the attack is retroactively changed to -6 damage.
FS: None

This Round's Stage:
Forget-Me-Not Valley: Cordially invited... Round 1 only! At the end of the round, one male and one female character are chosen. They are ‘wed’ and cannot attack each other for the rest of the game. If they are the last two alive in the end, all players that have made at least 5 actions get +50 points. If one gets defeated, they are ‘widowed’ and the remaining character gets access to his/her partner’s specials. Wedded characters can be of any Faction, but do not share Faction Abilities.

This Round's Mini-game:
Pong!
The last person to post something relating to the game (need not be an action) before the next update automatically wins +10 points. Limit: 2 posts per hour that are not actions.

This Round's NPCs:
None

This Round's Faction Ability:
None

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what time zone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Last edited by Skynetmain on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: SSBB 3 Point Redemption and Summon Materia
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Point Redemption (v3.57):
PM me your request, and it will activate in the next round. All point spending will be announced at the start of the round. Purchases do not count as an action since they are ‘behind the scenes’ until they are announced. Use of a purchased item or special counts as your action in the next round. All dates and times are for the US Pacific Time Zone, which is NST (Neopian Standard Time) for those that don’t know where/when that is.
Note: Excess points earned will go to the GM’s Choice pot to be spent on gifts for the masses.
1 - Cheap Prize: Give me your Neopets name, and I’ll send you a ‘junk’ item from my SDB; or I’ll PM you the link to a ‘random’ pic from one of the Japanese fan art sites I frequent. Your choice.
15 - Item Purchase 1: I will activate an extra weapon of my choice (Beam Sword, Fan, Green Shell, Super Scope, Lip’s Stick, Fire Flower, Lon Lon Milk, Gibson SG) for the round
25 - Special Purchase 1: Character of your choice will get to use an unused special in the next round (not for private use). Special will count against total (official) use of that special.
25 - Item Purchase 2: I will activate a weapon of your choice
25 - Summon NPC 1: I will activate a random NPC
40 - Item Purchase 3: I will activate a weapon of my choice for your private use
50 - Smashing. Simply Smashing 1: Either a Smash Ball is activated next round or a random, unused FS is activated next round
60 - Item Purchase 4: I will activate a weapon of your choice for your private use
60 - Summon NPC 2: I will activate a NPC of your choice
100 - Special Purchase 2: Character of your choice will get to use any special of your choice activated next round (not for private use). Special will count against total (official) use of that special.
100 - Activate Character: Character of your choice becomes Active or Inactive until the next switch
125 - Smashing. Simply Smashing 2: Unused FS of your choice is activated next round
150 - Espers Rule: Activate a Summon Materia guaranteed to deal damage with a random user.
150 - I dream of Djinni: Purchase one unclaimed Djinni to be added to your stock
200 - I Choose You: Activate a Pokeball of your choice with random targets and user. Counts as official use of that Pokeball.
250 - Special Purchase 3: Character of your choice will get to use any special of your choice for your private use. Does not count against total (official) use of that special
275 - Smashing. Simply Smashing 3: Any FS of your choice is activated next round
300 - Go team, go 1: A random Faction Ability will activate next round (Can be bought for Mon-Sat only)
400 - I Choose You Too: Choose the next Pokeball contest (Can be bought for Sat only)
500 - Go team, go 2: Faction Ability of your choice will activate next round (Can be bought for Mon-Sat only)
500 - Special Item: Phoenix Down: Can be used to restore any defeated character to play with 15 HP. Returned Characters are Independent.
500 - Debug mode: For one round, the player chooses up to three of the following: Specials, Active/Inactive characters, weapons, Dresspheres, Stage, NPCs, Faction Ability, NPC targets, and/or Mini-game. Player can make any Announcements. Player can only make one action that round. Player may not claim any Djinni that round.

Summon Materia:
0 - Lagomorph: None: Nothing happens
1 - Carbuncle: Ruby Light: +3 HP, Summoner is immune to specials and weapons until the end of the round
2 - Siren: Silent Voice: Three characters take no action next round
3 - Shiva: Diamond Dust: -3 damage to two characters
4 - Ramuh: Judgement Bolt -1 damage to five characters
5 - Lagomorph: None: Nothing happens
6 - Golem: Earth Wall: Summoner is immune to all damage for two rounds
7 - Ifrit: Hell Fire: -3 damage to four characters
8 - Leviathan: Tsunami: -2 to five characters
9 - Bahamut: Mega Flare: -3 to five characters

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Djinni System
What are Djinni?:
Golden Sun had a unique system of equipping special abilities and summoning creatures to their characters. Adapting this system to this game is a challenge. I changed how to use them from both the original games and the proposed concept to a more workable form. (Given the examples, I guess it is not too hard to guess who proposed the idea).
Important!: I will guarantee you that I will forget to issue Djinni. Even though there are 72 different ones and recent history proves that this game lasts longer than 100 rounds, there will be days where I am too spent and spaced to try and hide one. Just sharing this fact as a good reason as to why this system will be allowed to stay broken.
Important!: Key: A = Mars/Ares, J = Jupiter, M = Mercury, V = Venus.

How to get Djinni:
The Djinni will be hidden in various places in the update (see example). To get one: Just say something like ‘Get [Djinni]’ and include a general location where you found it (see example). Bold, underline, italic, change the font size/color/whatever when claiming to alert others and the GM to the claim.
Important!: Players only get two guesses per round. Make them good.

Example: (Written by Christopher)
Hiding:
Koopa - Roy - Christopher - Round 15
Giga Koopa - Wario - Okamoto - Round 21
Sonic - Black Mage - Okamoto - Round 25
Guard Armor 1 - X - Okamoto - Round 26
Donkey Kong - Prince - Typhoon - Round 28
Kongo Jungle - Rikku - Typhoon - Round 29
Diddy Kong - Yoshi - Typhoon - Round 29
Deoxys - Gogo miming X - Typhoon - Round 33
Mario - Yoshi via HRB - Typhoon - Round 35
Captain Falcon Flint- Kirby - Okamoto - Round 36
Silver - Gogo miming Falco - Christopher - Round 39

Claiming:
Get Flint (Cobra!) [Sorry, bad joke]. Found - Falcon’s elimination

Limits:
You can only claim one Djinni a round and can only have a total of 12 Djinni (four of each type). The number and type will be displayed by your point totals (see example).

Example:
Christopher - 125 (A - 0, J - 2, M - 4 (max), V - 0) T = 4

How to use Djinni:
There are two ways to Djinni: Attach (based on Set) and Summon (based on Standby). Attach adds a Djinni to a character for temporary effects. Summon is more powerful. It causes a powerful attack and adds the same Djinni effects, but for a shorter time.
Important!: You cannot use any Djinni in the same round that you claim one. Use and claim wisely.
Important!: Characters under a Djinni effect cannot use weapons or specials until the effect has worn off. However, this can be over ridden if the character must use a special to even out the count.

Attach:
You announce attachment of a Djinni when you make an action. Characters can only Attach one of each type of Djinni to a character at a time. After the effect is done, the Djinni will eventually be free to be claimed again.
Important!: You cannot stack same effects. Meaning the effects are not cumulative. IE, attaching 4 A will not cause the character to deal -7 damage.

Djinni effects:
Mars - Character deals -4 damage attacks for this and two more rounds
Jupiter - For this and the next two rounds: targets of character cannot attack or heal for the rest of the round. Character cannot target special users
Venus - +1 HP when attached. Immunity to [regulars, weapons, specials] for the next two rounds
Mercury - Character makes +3 HP heals for this and the next two rounds

Summon:
You announce the summon when you make an action. Attach effects for summoned Djinni last only two rounds. There are two types on Summons: regular and combo. Regular use only one type of Djinni and only add the type’s Attach. Combo use more than one type (based on combos in the games), are stronger, and add multiple Attach effect from all types used.

Summons:
Regular (# of Djinni ~ Damage ~ Name [A, V, J, M]):
1 ~ -4 damage to one character ~ Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury
2 ~ -4 damage to two characters ~ Ramses, Kirin, Atalanta, Nereid
3 ~ -5 damage to two characters ~ Cybele, Tiamat, Procne, Neptune
4 ~ -6 damage to three characters ~ Judgement, Meteor, Thor, Boreas

Combo (Name ~ # of types ~ Damage ~ Add Effects):
Zagan ~ 1 V, 1 A ~ -4 damage to two characters ~ Targets receive an additional -1 damage with each attack directed at them for the rest of the round
Megaera ~ 1 A, 1 J ~ -4 damage to one character ~ User deals -4 damage this and next round
Flora ~ 2 J, 1 V ~ -4 damage to two characters ~ Targets cannot attack or heal for the rest of the round. Cannot target special users.
Moloch ~ 2 M, 1 J ~ -5 damage to two characters ~ Targets cannot attack or heal for the rest of the round. Cannot target special users.
Ulysses ~ 2 A, 2 M ~ -6 damage to three characters ~ Targets cannot attack or heal for the next round. Can target regardless of defenses (Hits through reflection, immunity, and absorption) and special users
Eclipse ~ 3 J, 2 M ~ -7 damage to two characters ~ Targets only deal -2 damage and cannot use weapons for the rest of this and next round. Does not apply if target(s) are special users.
Haures ~ 3 V, 2 A ~ -6 damage to three characters ~ Targets receive -3 damage at the end of the round.
Coatlicue ~ 3 M, 3 J ~ User gains +10 HP. Two other characters are healed for +5 HP ~ User cannot attack for two rounds. User and targets can heal for +3 HP next round
Azul ~ 4 M, 3 V ~ -7 damage to two characters ~ Targets cannot attack or heal for the rest of this and the next two rounds. Can target special users, but they may still attack
Daedalus ~ 4 A, 3 V~ -7 damage to three characters ~ For this and the next two turns: user deals -4 damage and targets cannot attack or heal for the rest of the round. Cannot target special users.
Catastrophe ~ 4 J, 4 M ~ -7 damage to four characters ~ Targets cannot attack or heal for the rest of this and the next two rounds. Can target special users, but they may still attack
Charon ~ 4 V, 4 J, 2 other ~ -8 damage to three characters ~ Targets are removed from the game for two turns.
Iris ~ 4 A, 4 M, 5 other ~ -9 damage to three characters ~ User and three different targets are healed for +5 HP. User cannot attack or heal for the next three turns.

Examples:
Attach Mars. Saber attacks Luigi for -4 damage

Samanusuke summons Mercury to hit Blaze for -4 damage. Samanosuke heals for +3 HP

List of Djinni:
Note: The names of them do not matter in the long run. They are just for my purposes to keep track of how many Djinni have been given out. For use purposes, you just have to say which type you are using.

Jupiter - Wind
Breath, Blitz, Lull, Gale, Ether, Waft, Haze, Wheeze, Aroma, Whorl, Gasp, Gust, Breeze, Zephyr, Smog, Kite, Squall, Luff

Mercury - Water
Fog, Sour, Balm, Serac, Spring, Shade, Chill, Steam, Rime, Gel, Eddy, Fizz, Sleet, Mist, Spritz, Hail, Tonic, Dew

Mars/Ares - Fire
Forge, Fever, Corona, Scorch, Ember, Flash, Torch, Cannon, Spark, Fury, Fugue, Kindle, Char, Coal, Reflux, Core, Tinder, Shine

Venus - Earth
Echo, Iron, Mold, Crystal, Steel, Mud, Flower, Meld, Petra, Salt, Geode, Flint, Granite, Quartz, Vine, Sap, Ground, Bane

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Last edited by Skynetmain on Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next