Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: WW36: Valinor (Dead Thread)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:14 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm quite glad I didn't get role revealed until *after* I died...

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey, look who's back *Jazz hands, because I feel like it*
Thanks for the sympathy, Siniri. At least I learned the rules good and proper this time, although learning "The Rules" (as in, how to stay alive) might take a while more. If anyone here wants to point out any obvious mistakes I made, feel free to do so now.

PS: I do feel like quite the idiot for defending malibu now... although really, I just thought enough innocents had been killed without any real evidence, so I just didn't want any part in further baseless ( to my opinion) killing.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pardona wrote:
PS: I do feel like quite the idiot for defending malibu now... although really, I just thought enough innocents had been killed without any real evidence, so I just didn't want any part in further baseless ( to my opinion) killing.

Well, there's the rub. You say "without any real evidence," but actually, a dreamer hit and a suspicious tracking is a lot of evidence for WW. But that comes with experience. The dreamer can't come out on-thread and reveal their dreams (because then they'd be killed -- heck, even their spokesperson is usually killed *cough*), but usually, a posted dream is correct. After all, if someone posts a false dream, they're going to have a hard time staying in the game.

And the innocents can only kill ~1 person/cycle (with occasional day kills/revenge kills), whereas there are multiple baddie teams killing multiple people every night (and they sometimes get day kills, too), so if you skip too many executions because there's too little evidence, the innocents will eventually get outnumbered -- especially when the baddies aren't killing each other at all, as in this game. A lot of the game happens off-thread in PM's, and then the rest of the players have to kind of trust (or not) messages to the thread. Hopefully, next game, you'll get to stick around longer and see how it works.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks. Will do. I think I'm going to stick around a bit until until the end. Live and learn, you know.

May wrote:
Hmm... I wonder if that's the elven rope that Frodo and Sam used as a leash for Gollum...

Possibly. Sam is still in the game, no? However, it seems to me that there are plenty of other characters who could have use for Elven Rope (Arwen?) and it was also one of the gifts of Galadriel, which may have already been distributed. And yeah, I see no reason whatsoever being given for voting on Jas either.

Wind wrote:
Jas, I don't think it matters if you can't kill. You're evil. Guess what, on top of my role sheet it says something along the lines of "Winning condition: defeat all evil". If we had someone else to vote it would make sense to wait, but why should we let you around when you're the only confirmed baddie we know of?

Agreed. Confirmed evil means the chopping block. Jas may not be able to do much more, but we're not gonna execute anyone else tonight, so why not get rid of another baddie?

PS: I cannot delete and repost in CI, and no one else is posting in Valinor, so I thought I'd just double post to draw attention to this thread. Doesn't count for post count anyway.

AmmerEdit: You are not allowed to double post anywhere on this forum. As this is Werewolf, only the MC is allowed to double post. Thanks!

Jas O'Lantern wrote:
Regan wrote:
This recurring theme is getting annoying. If the innocents need to win by killing the baddies, then why not do it?

All I'm saying is that I cannot harm anyone. I'd think it'd be better worth your time to use an execution for someone who can harm you. If you kill me and leave someone who is harmful, all you've done is gotten rid of someone who could do nothing to you and let the person who could do you harm have more chances to do so.

No argument. There isn't enough time to find another baddie and collect twelve votes tonight.

Katherine wrote:
Regan wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Move:Lothlórien
Vote: Ammer

Why are you voting Ammer?

Ammer hasn't been cleared, has he? I just skimmed the thread.

Neither has Jas. At least make it a double vote.

Please read: might be important!

I might have a new suspect for the innocents:

Wind wrote:
Jas, I don't think it matters if you can't kill. You're evil. Guess what, on top of my role sheet it says something along the lines of "Winning condition: defeat all evil". If we had someone else to vote it would make sense to wait, but why should we let you around when you're the only confirmed baddie we know of?

Both roles I played (Treebeard and Gandalf, both innocent) had the exact same wording for their winning condition, which leads me to believe the wording is the same for all innocents. Maybe someone should ask Wind to publicly reveal his knowledge of the exact wording on the winning condition for innocents. If he can not provide it, he's evil. Seems simple enough to me, so excuse me if I missed something.

Last edited by Pardona on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I hope somebody was intelligent enough to trace targetting or something on me considering I've been consistantly targetted every night.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Quote:
Both roles I played (Treebeard and Gandalf, both innocent) had the exact same wording for their winning condition, which leads me to believe the wording is the same for all innocents. Maybe someone should ask Wind to publicly reveal his knowledge of the exact wording on the winning condition for innocents. If he can not provide it, he's evil. Seems simple enough to me, so excuse me if I missed something.

It's not uncommon. In fact, you'll find that 95% of WW games have that win condition for the innocents.

I'm.. not following your logic on this o.O

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
Quote:

It's not uncommon. In fact, you'll find that 95% of WW games have that win condition for the innocents.

I'm.. not following your logic on this o.O

She has not yet correctly stated how exactly the win condition is worded. Ask her what the exact wording is. It's not 'Defeat all evil'. It's something else. And despite what Pixa says, I'm quite sure a detail of your role that is supposed to be the same on all sheets would be ok to reveal. If not, you cou couldn't even state you are innocent, since that is on your sheet as well. And Wind, you say you have already been cleared. How? By who? And if you can't say, can you defend yourself in some way?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

As a mere(y) ghost, I'm relegated to only echoing what I've said on-thread, but since people seem confused:
1) Ammer was dreamed as evil (several days ago now).
2) I heard from Ammer and unvoted for him.

Others have pointed out that Ammer's explanation seems plausible, and it's testable. If he's innocent, it's really silly to execute him. Has anyone else tried to test it since the suspicious dream result? That might be a good goal for tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pardona wrote:
She has not yet correctly stated how exactly the win condition is worded. Ask her what the exact wording is.
Please remember, no one is allowed to directly quote their role sheets. Therefore, Wind cannot tell anyone the "exact" wording of her win condition. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Bah, more hobbits are over here. Poor pardona really does seem to have a target. I do think something fishy is going on in that no baddies have killed each other. Go whatever innocents are left.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Gosh golly look who's over here me... I so seen this coming tonight. I would suggest the innocents who are left look at what i was sayin on the board before I was offed. I mean common now... THIS is why you don't wait for 100% evidence to vote haha...

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Hiya Rubywinged, you tasty hobbit you.
(Sorry, just finished Bender's Game tonight and I quite enjoyed the LotR parody.)

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm thinking the baddie teams must be cooperating with each other. I've never seen a game where absolutely no baddies were taken out by each other before (in all 4 other WW games I've played -- I know I'm not the most experienced). And the innocents have been dropping like flies.

May I suggest that those innocents who are left just start executing people about whom you don't know anything instead of waiting for dreamer results? By now, the innocent network should be pretty well connected -- and if you're an innocent with no contacts, there are still a handful of innocents alive who are relatively easy to identify.

Even if you accidentally target another innocent, the bandwagon can be stopped by communication. But at this point, those about whom you know nothing probably have ~80-90% chance of being a baddie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:50 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well it was a good run. Good luck, amigos!

Thanks DM!
By the way, I'm from iDB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
*welcomes Bya hungrily*
I'ma eatchu too.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next