Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Blech. I'm not particularly satisfied with this, but I think it's going to have to do because I don't know if I'm going to be getting inspiration again any time soon.

Set:

Original Image: Here
Program: PSP 8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Flame wrote:
DM was on fire! wrote:
Neopets Addict wrote:
I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone a GOOD LUCK in the future round! :)

Same for me! And that means it's closer to PPTTG4! Yay! *runs off and practices hard*

Flame, there's not a limit to how many times you can enter, can you? I've been in all 3. ^_^'

Nah. You can enter as many of them as you'd like.

Yay! And this time, since I knew you'd pull the no blue thing, my set's red. AND DON'T CHANGE IT! I worked 2 hours on it! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Set:Image Image
Image Used: Click
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Image Used: Juclesia
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop CS

This is not my best...but good luck to everyone!

"The path I've chosen had no effort, unless I took that chance, at the decision I've made, for all I've done and suffered." - Mi-Ku, © Mi-ku All Rights Reserved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Taste the power of the rainbow. :P Because all of you who have made it to the final round have rainbow names and the chance to be PPTTG. :)

For this round, judges are to give their normal typed ratings along with a number rating.

The person with the most 'points' from the ratings after all ratings are given wins.

APRICUS
Original Image
Program Used: Paint Shop Pro 8

PAOLA
Original Image
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop 7

NEKO
Original Image
Program Used: Adobe Photoshop CS

OPTIMUS
Original Image
Program Used: Paint Shop Pro 5

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apricus- Awesomeness... in a sock! Sorry, had to do that. Anyway, I really like this set. The colors, especially. They go together very well. But, I don't really like the hearts in the corners. I don't think they go with the set very well. And the one other thing I don't like is the empty space. However, I understand that would be one hard problem to fix. Anywho, I love the fonts you used (what is that main font, by the way?) and their colors. All in all, pretty good job. :) 9/10

Paola- I don't really like the background color. I think you should of made it just bit lighter, so it matches the necklace the girl is wearing. On the avatar, I like the placement on the text, but it's kind of hard to read, since it's going vertically. For the signature, I don't really like how 'Nelly' is written on the tree. It stands out too much- my eyes were directed to the writing, not the picture. Font wise, though- I love your choices. The main font (again, what is the name of that font?) is beautiful, but not too extravagent. As for the pixel font, (what's the name of that one, too?) I love it. I also love the blurry effect you gave the girl. Other than the background, the vertical text on the avatar, and Nelly written on the tree, I really like this set. 7/10 :)

Neko- Ooh, prettiness. The two things I can find in this set that I don't like are the pixel dots and the empty space. Other than that, love it. I love the effects you did in the background and on the image, I especially love how you displayed the text on the avatar, and how all the borders just... fit. Just remove thost pixel dots and maybe move the text around to prevent empty space, and... wah-la. We have a perfect set. :) 8/10

Optimus- This set really takes the cake for me. I LOVE this set. The border is beautiful and matches the image so well. I LOVE the subtext and the placement of your name on the sig. I LOVE how you really kept the theme and made everything you added in match with the map. I'm in awe here. This is one of the best sets I have ever seen. Not to mention most creative, for sure. I know this is a short rating, but I might bore everyone else saying how perfect I think everything is. Let me just say, though- you've come a long, long, long way from the last competition. 10/10- I'd give you an eleven if I could. :)

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Congratulations to you all for making it to the last round!
Haha. I also think it's funny that I made it this far without reading any one else's ratings till I posted mine. Last time I'll have to shield my eyes! Woo.

<b>Apricus</b> -- Hehehehe! Cute. It's so you. The color scheme throws me off, but it's still kind of cool. I'm not too fond of the main text font choice though. I do love the stars that match with the socks! The only other thing that bothers me is the cut out. Scott just pointed out to me that they're socks, not hearts. Damn. Well, then I guess that's slightly iffy. You probably should have left them filled in rather than making the insides transparent. One thing that you are really good at is text/image placement. Your sets are always balanced! Props. <i>8/10</i>

<b>Paola</b> -- "Every time I look for you, you leave." Poetic, and moving. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for Spanish. It's gorgeous. I love the background that you made. Dreamy and grungy. Nice. For the avatar, perhaps you could have moved the image over slightly so that the text doesn't run over as much. I think the main text on the sig could stand out a little more, but that's about all I have to say. It's lovely. <i>9/10</i>

<b>Neko</b> -- The image you chose to work with is awesome. I can see doing so many things with it... especially wallpapers. Gah. Anyhow, I always see your style come out; it's really unique. I like the random abstract overlay but perhaps the dots could have been of a lower opacity. I also would have switched the placement of the main text and the subtext, because there's not much going on on the left side of the image, but the main text covers up the sexy tattoo. The cutout on the avatar is awesome; I love it. I think you should have applied it to the sig as well. You did a lovely job overall though. <i>8/10</i>

<b>Optimus</b> -- I was all excited to see a pirate-esque map, until I realized it was a map of Meridell. Slightly disappointed, haha. You did a great job of putting the map pieces together. The only thing is that the subtext sticks out too much. It doesn't go along with the antique feeling of the set. I think your entry was the most creative of this round. The border is slightly patchy in places though. I can tell that you put a ton of work into it (which your score reflects). <i>8.5/10</i>

The entries were outstanding this time, you guys. I haven't had such a hard time rating since the wallpaper round. Since I don't know who has won yet, good luck to you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apricus: I guess now that someone mentioned they're socks, they SORTA look like socks, but I still think they look like hearts. The whole color tinting really gives it a vintage look. I'm also not too fond of the display font in the sig, it has rather inconsistent stroke weight and that gives it really aloof look. I also notice there's still a good amount of empty space in the dark area of the sofa back. 8/10
Neko: I like the Oriental theme you made in this set, the crossbarred av border is a very nice touch. The only thing that really bothers me about this set is the sig. There's a large bright patch in the top right corner, and your eye is drawn to it, but there's nothing there... 8/10
Optimus: There are several inconsistencies with the map border, but just looking at it, it's a pretty good reconstruction. The script on the sig really reminds me of the maps from the Lord of the Rings for some reason, and you chose an excellent color to keep the scheme up. The only thing I don't like is the pixel text. It's way too bold, and even more noticeable than the red "X" in the sig. 9/10
Paola: I've never really been a fan of screened photos, I think they're harsh and unnatural looking. The background you made, though, really helps the picture to stand out, since it's so bright. The grungy texture matches well with the beam she's leaning on. The display font in the sig is very nice, it's elegant but still a little grungy, a perfect match for this set. 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Apricus
The coloring is a little strange, but I like it. I hadn't even realized it originally came from a photograph. There should also probably be stars in the top right corner of the sig. I don't like the hearts in the corners. It's would've looked better without them. And couch just sorta looks like a black blob... 8/10

Paola
I love the coloring and the dreamy sort of loook you've made to the girl. The background makes her stand out, but not too much. I'm thinking maybe the background is the slightest bit too busy- you can't see the girl's hairpiece. 9/10

Neko
Hm...I'm thinking the sig should've had the same border as the av. Also, the subtext in the sig looks a little odd and doesn't stand out enough. The girl is also sort of cut out in a weird position. 8/10

Optimus
Beautiful and original. You've done an amazing job cutting out around the border, considering the couts are rather oddly shaped. It reminds me of some sort of Lord of the Rings map. Maybe change the black subtext in the av and sig to a dark brown-maybe the color of the map border. 9.5/10

*yawns* I'll post the winner later...if you really want to know who won at the moment just do the math. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I did the math..:P

Congratulations OPTIMUS!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:05 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

*Adds all the scores*

Apticus: 33
Paola: 33
Neko: 32
Optimus: 37

Congratulations Optimus!

Good job! You deserved to win this, your graphics are great!

And congrats everyone else of course!!!!!! Watching this competition sure was fun, can't wait for the next one!

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

And I read the small text spoilers!!

Congrats Optimus!! I loved your set, but I thought all of them were great as well.

Congrats to everyone, I love watching PPT Top Graphician, it always makes me wish I had some kind of graphics program myself. :P I loved almost everything that was entered, and I hope there'll be another one soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Congratulations to...er, well, since I can't be bothered to put it in small text... the winner! All the sets are just beautiful. :)

*waits for next comp*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats HAHAHA! You thought this was the winner! I know, anyway!!!! You really deserve it! :)

Can't wait for the 4th PPTTG. I have my entry ready!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:12 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Congratulations! You really deserved it, it looks like you worked very hard and you've developed a very creative and unique style. That set was awesome. Like I said, you deserved it the most. Everyone did an excellent job, but your set was near perfect. ;) It's very creative, and I for one, would have never though of it that :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next