Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: WW36: Valinor (Dead Thread)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i think it was assumed after Ammer was rezed that they where protected (as is the case with most rez's that i know of) then others just came up and where executed because they where known evils but without the roles as far as im aware from reading the thread. And most can guess more so at Ammers role? o.0 ok i dunno

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pink wrote:
And I don't know why everyone thinks that there are 2 more baddies! I honestly believe that Ammer could be our last one. You've managed to distract us for long enough. You're going down...tonight!

It's because when Ammer was killed, there was no message announcing that "Team XYZ has been defeated," implying there was at least one surviving member of his team (Person X). Assuming he was rezzed into the same role, that means there are now two surviving members of his team: Ammer and Person X. If that's true, there are 3 innocents left.

I suppose it's possible that Ammer had a delayed auto-rez, and that's why the defeat was not announced. That'd be great if it were the case. Hopefully we'll find out tonight when Ammer dies at execution.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yes. No matter what, Ammer will die tonight. I suppose we'll see after that, won't we? The thing is, I find it hard to believe he would be the last remaining baddie. I think there's at least one other evil player left, who has so far managed to avoid suspicion. But who? I'm really uncertain.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pardona wrote:
Yes. No matter what, Ammer will die tonight. I suppose we'll see after that, won't we?

Actually, he might have a good shot at surviving execution. For all we know, his protection post-rez states that he'll survive the first time he's attacked.

Quote:
The thing is, I find it hard to believe he would be the last remaining baddie. I think there's at least one other evil player left, who has so far managed to avoid suspicion. But who? I'm really uncertain.

Well, if there's someone who can mess with lists (bus-driver, flip-flopper), then they might have the answer (of course, that assumes they're innocent). If no one like that is left, then it depends on what kind of attack is left.

If it's lava, the following are cleared (in reverse chronological order, in case a conversion happened):
loser (survived night 16 -- assumes teams can't attack one of their own)
Pink (killed night 15 -- but auto-rezzed immediately?)

If it's oliphants, the following are cleared (in reverse chronological order, in case a conversion happened):
loser (survived night 16)

(Note: I stopped at night 4 since a conversion likely happened after that.) There are 2 siblings left, but remember that one of them could be converted and the other wouldn't know it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Pickles wrote:
Event, Day 18
As Ange was strolling around Isengard's lands, a thunder of hooves began to draw nearer. Looking in the direction of the sound, Ange winced. Two horses bore a young woman and an older man, clad in armor. They roared in unison, "This is for Eomer!" before striking down with their swords and riding off.

That sounds like a revenge kill to me. So no, I'm guessing there's only one sibling left. And I'm also guessing he or she isn't converted.

Ammer wrote:
loser wrote:
Since the lavalavalava team had an heir, which ended up converting Ammer, I doubt they had a regular conversion. I think Pardona's theory is correct, Ammer was probably auto-rezzed.

An auto-rez is when someone is automatically resurrected RIGHT after they die. For example, Pink was killed and automatically resurrected in the same post.

I, however, died and than I was resurrected later on. So I wasn't automatically resurrected.

Delayed auto-rez? I hear it's not unknown.

WereWiki wrote:
Basic Function
The player with an Auto-rez SP is brought back to life shortly after they die. The SP is then used up so it doesn't keep Auto-rezzing the player whenever they die.

Alternatives
    The player with the SP may be able to use it to give Auto-rez status to someone else.
    The player with the SP may sacrifice their Auto-rez to bring a dead player back to life.
    The player with the SP may choose when they will be brought back into the game.
    The player with the SP may come back into the game after several days, or after a condition in game has been fulfilled.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pardona wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Event, Day 18
As Ange was strolling around Isengard's lands, a thunder of hooves began to draw nearer. Looking in the direction of the sound, Ange winced. Two horses bore a young woman and an older man, clad in armor. They roared in unison, "This is for Eomer!" before striking down with their swords and riding off.

That sounds like a revenge kill to me. So no, I'm guessing there's only one sibling left. And I'm also guessing he or she isn't converted.
If you carefully read what you quoted, it specifically states that there were two people taking part in the revenge (for the death of the third "sibling" Eomer). By reading their descriptions, I'd guess they're his sister Eowyn and his father Eomond.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ah... hadn't considered the possibility of Avenging Siblings being more than 2 people. But I guess you're right. That would turn the odds for the innocents. But despite the fact that the description had two people in it, would that make it so the other sibling still has his or her daykill left?

And considering odds... who are you putting your money on as the last baddie besides Ammer - if indeed there is one?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:35 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pardona wrote:
Ah... hadn't considered the possibility of Avenging Siblings being more than 2 people. But I guess you're right. That would turn the odds for the innocents. But despite the fact that the description had two people in it, would that make it so the other sibling still has his or her daykill left?

And considering odds... who are you putting your money on as the last baddie besides Ammer - if indeed there is one?

I was on a sibling team with three people. We only got 1 daykill/victim. There were a ton of conversions in that game and they role-revealed one of us, so the baddies knew who the surviving pair were and killed us together, so we actually only got 1 daykill.

As to whom the baddie is, I'd consider machinedreams first and Wind second (based on my assumption that Ammer's team uses lava), but it could really be anyone at this point. Those still alive have more clues than us ghosts. Especially if there's a list-messer left -- I really can't recall reading that one died, and in a game this big, there was probably at least one.

If the baddie is a converted sibling, there might be problems reaching a majority if the other sibling is not allowed to vote for them. So hopefully it's just Ammer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ammer may have had a delayed auto-rez -- last game, part of Jas's role was that she would be rez'd three days after she died. The game ended before that could happen, but, that was still part of her role. That was about the time it took him to be rezzed... yeah?

Also, because it said that there were TWO horses, I'm assuming that both of my siblings are still siblings. Of course, it could very well be Pickles and averly being tricky, which I wouldn't hold past them... but... I prefer to think the best of my siblings! Family members. Whatever. :P

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

congrats innocents!!! This game was great fun! It could have easily gone either way!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Game is over! Congrats innocents! Feel free to share whatever you wish now!
Here's the non-log stuff that might be of interest. Log will be coming soon!

Roles
Randomized Roles:
1. Gollum==>Byakuya San
2. Sauron==>Anvil
3. Saruman==>Mongrel
4. Grima==>Jas
5. Balrog==>Miyu
6. Shelob==>Rox
7. Gothmog==>DM was on fire!
8. Shagrat==>Ange
9. Ugluk==>Rachel
10. Denethor==>Malibu
11. Boromir==>Katherine
12. Faramir==>Ammer
13. Bilbo==>Pink
14. Frodo==>Christopher
15. Sam==>Rubywinged
16. Merry==>Siniri
17. Pippin==>Dyl
18. Gandalf==>Twinkle
19. Strider==>thetrueoogabooga
20. Aragorn==>ckillor
21. Gimli==>Pixa
22. Legolas==>May
23. Arwen==>Regan
24. Elrond==>loser1921
25. Galadriel==>Alex
26. Celeborn==>3lla
27. Theoden==>machinedreams
28. Eomer==>Twiz
29. Eowyn==>Wind
30. Treebeard==>Pardona
31. Haldir==>Hansy
32. Rosie==>Bruces Galore
33. Shadowfax==>Chipper

Baddies

OMT

Gollum
Alignment: Odd nights: evil; Even nights: innocent
Win condition: Odd nights: All other teams defeated. Even nights: All other baddie teams defeated.

You're definitely not all with it, gollum, gollum. After all, why would master be so kind to poor Smeagol? Such a wretched life you've lived since the Precious came to you, and even more wretched since you lost it to the nasty hobbitses. But master said he'd take care of you, if you showed him the way to Mordor. Master lied. Master was tricksies. Now, you're out to fend for yourself again, and you want the Precious back, gollum, gollum. Smeeeeeagolll!

Role Powers

Identity Crisis: Every night submit a list of five players. You will be able to borrow the powers of the topmost living player on the list for the next day/night cycle. Send a PM entitled "WW36 – Identity Crisis – Night X" with the list of players. Any information about the player gained from borrowing the role cannot be shared with anyone else.
Smeagol Attack: One time during the game you make attack a player during the day. To exercise this power, send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Smeagol Attack – Day X" with a list of five players. The topmost living player will be attacked as soon as the PM is received.

Shield: 100%
Daily lists required.

Sauron’s Command

Sauron
Alignment: Sauron’s Command (Evil)
Win condition: All other teams defeated.
Team Members:you - Sauron (Spokesperson)
xxxx-Sauruman
xxxx-Grima

You were the smartest, most clever, power-hungry tyrant that existed. You stole into secret and forged the One Ring. The Ring of Power. And with it your terror ruled. None can stop you so long as that ring exists.

Role Powers
Mount Doom: Every night, the spokesperson from your team must send a PM with a list of five people to target. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked during the night by lava. To use this power, send a PM with the title "WW36 – Mount Doom – Night X."

Shield: 60%
Daily lists required.

Eye of Sauron
Team Members:you - Eye of Sauron (dead)
xxxx-Sauruman
xxxx-Grima

Some filthy human cut off your connection to the Ring, and stole it away from you, in the process, destroying your body. However, they did not realize that so long as the Ring exists, your spirit of terror is still alive. You have been rebuilding your armies, and are preparing for the day you are re-united with the Ring....

Role Powers
Flaming Eye: Once per the game cycle you may send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Flaming Eye – Day X." That day execution will be stopped because the Eye of Sauron is on the proceedings.
Spirit Power: With your great power you can bring any player you choose other than yourself back from the dead. Send a PM with "WW36 – Spirit Power – Night X" with the name of the player you would like to have resurrected. This power may be used only during a night cycle, but can occur even if night is canceled.

Shield: Irrelevant, because you’re dead :-P
Daily lists not required.

Saruman
Team Members:xxxx-Sauron (Spokesperson)
you-Sauruman
xxxx-Grima

Your slippery tongue won you the rank of the White Wizard, but that was not enough power for you. The corruption of Sauron reached you when you looked into the Palantir. Now, his sweet promise of even more power has you at his beck and call, creating armies for him, and carrying out his dark deeds.

Role Powers
Mount Doom: Every night, the spokesperson from your team must send a PM with a list of five people to target. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked during the night by lava. To use this power, send a PM with the title "WW36 – Mount Doom – Night X."

Personal Powers
Staff of Power: Once during the game, you can use your staff to focus your powers and bring destruction on one person. To do so, submit a PM with the title ""WW36 – Mount Doom – Day X" and include a list of 5 people. The topmost person still alive will be attacked immediately.
Right-Hand Man: Three times during the game (day or night) you may contact Sauron through the MC. To do this, send a PM called "WW36 – Righthand Man – Day X" and you will receive a response as soon as the player for Sauron is able to respond.

Shield: 90%

Grima Wormtongue
Team Members:xxxx-Sauron (Spokesperson)
xxxx-Sauruman
you-Grima

You learned well from your new master, Saruman. You could care less what his true purpose is, so long as you get what you want and what was promised to you: Eowyn. A puppet in the grand scheme, you act as a vessel for Saruman's evilness to infiltrate the lands of Rohan.

Role Powers

Personal Power
Petty Advisor: Once during the game you may send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Petty Advisor – Night X" and your entire team will be protected during that night cycle.

Shield: 70%

Dark Beings

Balrog

Alignment: Dark Beings (Evil)
Team Member: xxxx-Shelob

What the devil is your past? ....I have no idea. But you're big, firey, and determined to take out Gandalf. With your fire whip and searing firey breath, you invoke terror in even the goblins.

Role Powers
Fire Whip: For every ODD night send a PM with the title "WW36 – Fire Whip – Night X" with a list of five players. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked during the night.
Night Fright: Every EVEN night send a PM with the title "WW36 - Night Fright - Night X" with a list of five players. The top most living player on the list will be so terrified during the following day and night, that he or she will be unable to use SPs.
Death Fall: Once during the game you may send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Death Fall – Day X." Include a list of five players you would like to have killed during the day. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked as soon as the PM is received.

Shield: 80%
Lists are required on odd nights.

Shelob
Alignment: Dark Beings (Evil)
Team Member: xxxx-Balrog

You are so tired of eating filthy orcses. You live in the hope that your semi-friend Gollum will bring something besides filthy orcses to eat. You hate the light, and prefer to stay in your dark caves, feeding on those you have stunned as you please.

Role Powers
Crushing Blow: You must attempt to crush a player every EVEN night. Submit a PM with the title "WW36 – Crushing Blow – Night X" with a list of five players to exercise this power. The topmost living player will be targeted during the night cycle.
Venom Paralysis: Once during the game you may send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Venom Paralysis – Day X" that includes a list of five players. The topmost living player on the list will be disabled for the next day/night cycle.

Shield: 80%
Lists are required on even nights.

Dark Soldiers

Gothmog
Alignment: Soldiers (Evil)
Team Members: you-Gothmog
xxxx-Shagrat
you-Uglúk

Boy are you ugly. The deformed Orc in command of Sauron's army, you answer only to the Witch King and Sauron. You fear no men, and are quite determined that it is time for Orcs to have the run of the land.

Team Powers
Oliphant Stampede: Every night, the spokesperson for your team must submit a PM titled "WW36 – Oliphant Stampede – Night X" with a list of five players to target. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked by a stampede of Oliphants.
Night Fright: Every ODD night the spokesperson must send a PM with the title "WW36 - Night Fright - Night X" with a list of five players. The top most living player on the list will be so terrified during the following day and night, that he or she will be unable to use SPs.
Spokesperson:Your team must deliberate and choose a Spokesperson before Execution on Day 1. This person will be responsible for sending in the team’s night list.

Personal Power
Sword Attack: Once during the game you may attack a player during the day. Send a PM titled "WW36 – Sword Attack – Day X" with a list of five players. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked as soon as the PM is received.

Daily lists are required of the chosen spokesperson.

Shagrat
Team Members: xxxx-Gothmog
you-Shagrat
xxxx-Uglúk

You were the one that brought proof of the halfling to Sauron, causing great dismay to the halfling's friends when the pretty shirt was displayed. True, every other orc under your command died while you slipped out of the tower of Cirith Ungol to do so, but that doesn't matter.

Team Powers
Oliphant Stampede: Every night, the spokesperson for your team must submit a PM titled "WW36 – Oliphant Stampede – Night X" with a list of five players to target. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked by a stampede of Oliphants.
Night Fright: Every ODD night the spokesperson must send a PM with the title "WW36 - Night Fright - Night X" with a list of five players. The top most living player on the list will be so terrified during the following day and night, that he or she will be unable to use SPs.
Spokesperson:Your team must deliberate and choose a Spokesperson before Execution on Day 1. This person will be responsible for sending in the team’s night list.

Personal Power
Night Defense: Once during the game you may send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Night Defense – Night X." That night your team will be protected for the entire night cycle.

Uglúk
Team Members: xxxx-Gothmog
xxxx-Shagrat
you-Uglúk

You were responsible for capturing the halfings, and under orders from Saruman to bring them to him alive and "unspoiled." You stood by these orders, to the point at which killed an orc who got a little too interested in your prisoners.

Team Powers

Personal Power
Kidnapping: Once during the game you may kidnap another player for an entire day/night cycle. To use this power, send a PM titled "WW36 – Kidnapping – Day X" with a list of five players. The topmost living player on the list will be kidnapped for the next full day and night and unable to post, vote, or use their power.

Steward

Denethor
Alignment: Steward (Evil)

Let's face it. Faramir never does anything right, even if he is your son. Boromir has always been a shining star in your eyes, and nothing even he will say of Faramir will sway you. You're not mad, no matter what anyone else would say, but you do know that the chances of Men surviving against the darkness out there are not good - your Palantir has told you that much. Oh, and forget this supposed King. You're the one who's been ruling the kingdom, and you should continue doing it.

Role Powers
Fire Reaper: For every EVEN night you must submit a list during the day of five players to target. The topmost living player on the list will be attacked by a ball of fire, unless it is your beloved son Boromir (if he is still neutral). Instead of attacking Boromir, Boromir will be converted to your team. Send a PM with the title of "WW36 – Fire Reaper – Night X" with the list of five players.
Palantír: Every ODD night you may use your Palantír to search around for Boromir. Send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Palantír – Night X" with a list of five players. You will find out whether or not the topmost living player on the list is Boromir.
Steward of Gondor: Once during the game you may force a player to share his or her role with you. Once receiving the role through the MC, you may modify it however you would like. When it is done, PM it back to the MC and it will be posted on the main thread as soon as it is received. You may use this power on yourself. When you want to use this power, send a PM with the title "WW36 – Gondor’s Steward – Day X" with a list of five players. The role of the topmost living player on the list will be revealed to you by the MC.

Shield: 90%
Daily lists are required.

Would have received this had Boromir been found by either:
Steward’s Command: Every odd night you may blackmail a player into targeting the player of your choice. To do this, submit a PM with the subject "WW36 – Steward’s Command – Night X" and list five players to target and one person that player will target. The topmost living player on the list will receive a PM during the night forcing them to use their powers on whoever you chose.

Neutrals

Steward/Innocent
Boromir
Alignment: Neutral
Win condition: None as of yet.

Your father sees you as the brightest star in the sky, while your brother is often disheartened by the lack of positive attention he receives. When it comes down to it, you'd rather spend the time with your brother, but your father seems to commandeer your time, and always seems to cast a dark cloud over you every time he finds you.

Role Powers
Noble Lineage: Once found by one of the individuals seeking you, you will instantly become his or her heir.
Horn of Gondor: Twice during the game you may post a message on the thread through the MC. It can be no longer than 100 words and can be as true or false as you prefer. To use this power, send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Horn of Gondor – Day X" and include the message you want to display in the body of the PM. As soon as it is received, it will be posted on the game thread.

Shield: 35%
Daily lists are not required.

Innocents

Faramir
Alignment: Innocent
Win condition: All evil teams defeated.

You'll never live up to your father's expectations of you, and you'll always be second-hand to your brother. You are much more careful with life, do what you feel is truly right, and also much more kind-hearted. In fact, your character is so true to that of the good that you were able to turn down the Ring when it came your way, even against your father's wishes.

Role Powers
Second Chance: Every ODD night you must submit a list of five players to target during the night. The topmost living player on the list will be doubled for the following even day and night cycle. Send a PM with the title of "WW36 – Second Chance – Night X" with the list of five players.
Brotherly Love: Every night you must submit a list of five players. You will be able to identify whether or not the topmost living player on the list is your brother Boromir, should he still be a neutral player. Send a PM called "WW36 –Brotherly Love – Night X" with your list to search out your brother.

Shield: 50%
Daily lists are required

Would have received this had Boromir been found by either:
Burning Pyre: Every EVEN night you must submit a list of five players in a PM with the subject "WW36 - Burning Pyre - Night X." The topmost living player on the list will manage to avoid any attacks by your father for that night.

Bilbo Baggins

You've been on a great adventure, and came home from it with one treasure few could even imagine the power of: the Ring of Power. In fact, you didn't even realize what exactly you had, but you were definitely reluctant to give it away, even if it was to your only favorite relative. Still, you are old, and you're ready for one last adventure.

Role Powers
Babble: Once during the game you may submit a PM with the subject "WW36 – Babble – Night X." Once received, all attacks will be canceled the night.
Sting: Once during the game you may submit a PM with the subject "WW36 – Sting – Day X." Include a list of five players you would like to attack. The topmost living player will be attacked during the day.
Mithril Armor: This pretty little shirt costs a fortune, but is not just something to be stared at. The wearer of this mail has a 40% chance of any attacks missing. So long as you are holding the mail, this is automatic and will work until you die. You have the ability to give this armor away should you so choose. To do this, send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Mithril Armor – Day X."
Old Friend: Three times during the game (day or night) you may contact Gandalf through the MC. To do this, send a PM called "WW36 – Old Friend – Day X" and you will receive a response as soon as the player for Gandalf is able to respond.

Shield: 30%

Frodo Baggins

Somehow, you seem to get snared into things that you never intended to be involved with. Like, this Ring business. How nice of Bilbo to dump such a treacherous gift on your lap, unknowing....Bilbo can keep the house if you can give him back the ring. So you ran for your life out of the Shire to get it to safety, and then ended up volunteering to take and destroy it. Such a funny thing, how much trouble one little ring can cause...

Role Powers
Invisibility Effect: During the game you may disappear completely for a full day and night. Should you take advantage of this ability, you will be unable to use your powers, post, or vote. You may use this power three times only. When you want to use this power, send a PM to the MCs with "WW36 - Invisibility Effect - Day X" in the subject line.
Scrap Information: Every ODD night you have the chance to dream a player to find out a single line of their role sheet. To exercise this power, send a PM with "WW36 – Scrap Information - Night X" in the subject and include a list of five players. The topmost living player on the list will be dreamt.
Underhill: – Every EVEN night you have the chance to possibly identify a player by name. To do so, send a PM with a subject of "WW36 – Underhill - Night X" and a list of five players. You have a 50% chance of discovering the player’s name.

Shield: 45%

Samwise Gamgee

Loyal and true, you took Gandalf seriously when he practically ordered you to protect Frodo. Even when things got rough, you stuck through it, and were still able to see through the lies that little sneaker, Gollum, put on the table. Even after being dismissed, when you found the truth, you came to try and rescue Frodo, and when all seemed lost, you took his task upon yourself to finish. Of course, sometimes your children *still* don't believe the entirety of your stories...

Role Powers
Discernment: Two times during the game you may use your uncanny ability to deduce the honesty of a person to determine whether or not a statement on the game thread is true. To exercise this power, send a PM with "WW36 – Discernment - Day X" in the subject and include the line in question, as well as a link to the post that contains it.
Loyal Friend: Every night, send a list of five players you would like to protect with your own life in a PM with the subject "WW36 - Loyal Friend - Night X." Any attacks against the topmost living player during the night will be diverted to you.

Meriadoc Brandybuck

Your friends call you Merry, 'cause that's certainly less of a mouthful than Meriadoc, especially after a bit of time at the Green Dragon. You love getting into trouble, and you usually drag Pippin' in with you, though you always manage to get both of you out. When separated, you felt nothing more would do than to go to war with the Riders of Rohan, not allowing your comparative size to get in the way. You proved your worth on the field of battle, that's for sure.

Role Powers
Speak Friend: As the most perceptive of the hobbit crew, you can send a list of five people you think might be in need of protection for the night. The MC will randomly select one player (living or dead), and if the player selected was in the list, they will be protected for the evening. If the person selected is not in the list, then the player will lose any protections or shields current in place for the night. Every night, send the list in a PM entitled "WW36 – Merry – Speak Friend."

Peregrin Took

You've been called "fool-hardy" more than once. Still, mischief-making is one of your favorite past-times. It doesn't quite match up to a good pipe, or a trip to the Green Dragon, but you definitely enjoy stirring up a bit of trouble here and there. Of course, veggietable crops are excellent for starters...

Role Powers
Mischief Making: Every night you get to switch two player's locations around for that night cycle, unbeknown to them. Send a PM called "WW36 - Mischief Making - Night X" with two lists of five players. The topmost living player's location on each list will be switched that night.

Gandalf the Gray

Labeled as the official disturber of the peace due to your involvement with Bilbo, you're well-known around the Shire. The children (and admittedly some adults, though they would hide it) love your fireworks. Aside from the Shire, you're known throughout Middle Earth, and most will heed your counsel, however, Saruman the White holds his power above you, and has proven he will readily use it against you.

Role Powers
Fireworks: Every night, send a list of five people in a PM titled "WW36 – Fireworks – Night X." The topmost living player on the list will be safe from all beast attacks that night.

Shield: 40%

Gandalf the White

Let's face it, you beat the Balrog, something not even Saruman can really boast. After doing so, your place in the order as the White Wizard was secure, and the power to best Saruman shone clearly through. While you still can't take out the Witch King, almost nothing else will stand in your way. Oh, and your staff is easily disguised as a walking crutch...and can also be used to beat sense into irritating stewards.

Role Powers
Relief Army: You may choose one player who will be resurrected automatically receiving a killing blow. Send a PM with the subject "WW36 - Relief Army - Day X" with the name of the player. The auto-rez will be given to the player as soon as the PM is received.
Walking Stick: Once during the game you may use your trusty walking stick's power to reveal the role of one player. Send a PM titled "WW36 - Walking Stick - Day X" with the name of the player you would like to reveal. As soon as the PM is received, their role will appear in the game thread for all to see.

Shield: Irrelevant, because you’re dead :-P

Strider

Everyone sees you as "just a Ranger from the North," and most of the time you act as such. Your outdoor skills are admirable, and you can live off the land with no problem, and have done so in the past - and your clothes show the wear and tear of it. But, no bother, you continue to stitch it back up and move on. Oh, and that person who was just commenting on your ragged appearance in a whisper? Yeah, you heard them, even if they didn't think you did.

Role Powers
Ranger: Using your well-honed Ranger skills, every night you can follow the player of your choice and see who the player targets that night. To do this, send a PM with "WW36 - Ranger - Night X" in the subject and a list of five players. You will discover who the topmost living player on the list targets that night.

Aragorn

You are the true King of Gondor. You've proven it time and time again, by fulfilling each of the signs that were given. You're finally wearing the crown, you have the love of your life by your side, evil has been defeated, and the white tree is once again in bloom. Life couldn't be sweeter.

Role Powers
King of Gondor: Three times during the game you may use your elusive power over dead warriors to bring someone back from the dead. To do so, send a PM with the subject "WW36 – King of Gondor – Day X" with the player’s name of your choice.

Gimli

Stout and sturdy, your pride in your people shines through. You never thought you'd be friends with an elf, but yet, you've found yourself fighting side-by-side with one you've come to respect. Your lofty view of battle is clear: you don't fear death, and you treat killing orcs as a competition. What better way to get through the horror? Oh, and if the odds are against you, you're willing to take them on anyways.

Role Powers
Axe Swing: Every day you must post at least once in the game thread. Every time your longest post is longer than Legolas' longest post, you will earn a point, as long as the post word count is lower than the secret random number between 20 and 70 the MC will generate daily. You may then use your points at any time to purchase shield increases for yourself or others, or daykills.

2 points = 10% shield increase for yourself
3 points = 15% shield increase for the player of your choice
4 points = one daykill

Daily lists are not required, but daily posts are.

Legolas

Sharp, quick, and loyal, you are the stereotypical best friend slash comrade in arms. Your keen eyes and perfect aim with an arrow are valuable in a fight, as well as your incredible dexterity. Others who don't know you would think you're rather aloof, especially the way you hold your liquor, but under your calm demeanor is a witty personality. Dwarfs have annoyed you in the past, but you've grown somewhat attached to your newfound comrade. You also have one downfall: the keen ability to give the sappiest of answers.

Role Powers
Shoot Arrow: Every day you must post at least once in the game thread. Every time your longest post is longer than Gimli's longest post, you will earn a point, as long as the post word count is lower than the secret random number between 20 and 70 the MC will generate daily. You may then use your points at any time to purchase shield increases for yourself or others, or daykills.

2 points = 10% shield increase for yourself
3 points = 15% shield increase for the player of your choice
4 points = one daykill

Daily lists are not required, but daily posts are.

Arwen

Many have cause to be envious of you. The daughter of Elrond, your position in society and lifestyle is certainly not one many have. However long-lived the Elf-kind are, your heart cares not for longevity, but for the love of one of the Dunedin, Aragorn. Once you can talk your father around, and the evil of the world is defeated, you're looking forward to spending time with him.

Role Powers
Flood: Your power involving nature gives you the opportunity to create flood waters to separate a player from all evil attacks during the night. Every night you must send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Flood – Night X" with a list of five players. The topmost living player on the list will be protected from attacks by Sauron’s supporters.
Grey Havens: Once during the game you may protect yourself from all harm for the night by temporarily retreating to the Grey Havens. To do this, send a PM with the subject "WW36 – Grey Havens – Night X."

Elrond

You were there when the strength of men failed, and the ring was not caste into the fire. You feel the need to constantly remind people of this, because your faith in men has been so drastically compromised by that one failed act. Naturally, you're even more over-protective of your daughter, who has managed to fall in love with descendant of that very man who failed to destroy the ring.

Role Powers
Elf Vision: Every night you may use your elven powers to find out whether or not a person is evil. To do this, send a PM with "WW36 - Elf Vision - Night X" with a list of five players. You will find out if the topmost living player on the list is evil or not.

Galadriel

Some call you a witch, who ensnares anyone who would enter your woods, but others call you the most beautiful of all. While it is possible you are both, as you seem to ensnare many with your beauty, you are still wise like others of your Elf-kind. You were able to resist the offering of the One Ring, which is something few can boast.

Role Powers
Benevolent Queen: Every night while you possess items, you must give an item to the player of your choice. Send a PM with "WW36 – Benevolent Queen – Night X" in the subject line and list five players and an item. The topmost living player on the list will receive your gift during the night.
-2 Silver Belts
-1 Gold Belt
-1 Bow of the Galadhrim
-1 Grey Wood Box
-1 Strands of Hair
-1 Light of Eärendil's star
-1 Sheath for Andúril
-2 Elven Daggers
-1 Elven Rope

Celeborn

You're pretty dull. Beside Galadriel, you seem to pale in comparison. You're nowhere near her in looks, and compared to her melodious voice, yours is a monotone. Your face shows almost no expression except seriousness.

Role Powers
Woodland Lord: You can use your powers as the Lord of Lothlorien to provide some influence on execution. If there is no majority reached for the day, you may choose a player to be executed. Before execution for the day, send a PM with the subject "WW36 - Woodland Lord - Day X" and the name of the player you choose to target. If there is no majority, then the player of your choice will be executed.
Elven Cloaks: You have 8 elven cloaks to give out. You may give out one cloak per night. To send a cloak to someone, submit a PM titled "WW36 - Elven Cloaks - Night X" and include a list of up to 5 people. The person at the top of the list still alive will receive the cloak.

Theoden
Family: you - Theoden
xxxx-Eomer
xxxx-Eowyn

King of Rohan, you have ruled for quite some time, and fought in many a battle. Unfortunately, you fell under the spell of Grima, whom you had trusted. When Gandalf finally brought you back to yourself, you found more to mourn than you expected, with the loss of your only son. Sorrow nearly overcame you, and you found yourself leading your people to the safety of Helms Deep, and then fighting to save their lives. Still, you felt you hadn't proven your worth, and when you joined the battle for Gondor, you finally felt pride again in your accomplishments.

Family Powers
Riders of Rohan: In the unfortunate event that a member of your family dies, the remainder of the family will receive one day kill per death in the family. To use this power, a representative of the family must send a PM with "WW36 - Riders of Rohan - Day X" in the subject and the name of the player you choose to attack.

Personal Powers
Muster the Rohirrim: Once during the game, you may send out the call to muster the Rohirrim. For the entire cycle you choose to do so, all innocents will receive aid: their shields will be boosted 5% temporarily, and any powers will be amplified in some way. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW36 - Muster the Rohirrim - Cycle X".

Shield: 20%

Eomer
Family: xxxx-Theoden
you-Eomer
xxxx-Eowyn

Your family means a lot to you. When your father and mother both died, you were left with your sister, cousin, and uncle. Determined to protect them, you fulfill your duty in the Rohirrim with all due seriousness. Even after your uncle, under the spell of Grima, banished you and your Riders, you still patrolled the country, attacking orcs and protecting the people. You sometimes feel you sister has a bit too much fighting spirit in her, and doesn't truly understand what war is. After all, war is the province of man.

Family Powers
Riders of Rohan: In the unfortunate event that a member of your family dies, the remainder of the family will receive one day kill per death in the family. To use this power, a representative of the family must send a PM with "WW36 - Riders of Rohan - Day X" in the subject and the name of the player you choose to attack.

Personal Power
Spoils of War: Every EVEN night you will receive one SP that was used during the day as long as at least one SP was used during the day or night. You may use the SP you receive at any time, but you may only use one SP you receive through this power during a day/night cycle. This is an automatic power.

Eowyn
Family: xxxx-Theoden
xxxx-Eomer
you-Eowyn

Beautiful and brave, you are often times frustrated by the fact that the men do not seem to believe you can fight. You strongly desire to be able to give your own sword to the battle, but are often times brushed back with the women and children to guide them. In the end, you steal away and ride off to battle, achieving the one thing no man could ever do....

Family Powers

Personal Powers
Gossip: Every ODD cycle you may gossip with the other players about a specific player, and see what SP he or she uses, should the player use an SP that cycle. To do this, send a PM with "WW36 - Prancing Pony - Day X" and a list of five players. If the topmost living player on that list uses a SP, you will find out what it was at the end of the night.

Daily lists are required on odd days.

Treebeard

As an Ent, you are rarely seen or heard from, but one day, two small hobbits stumbled into your path. After confirming with the White Wizard that they weren't little orcs, you took over making sure they stayed out of harms way. You would prefer to spend your time talking with the trees, and on occasion, going to Ent Meet and speaking in Entish, though it takes a long time to say anything.

Role powers
Ent Brew: Every night you may choose one player to raise their shield up 10%. Send a PM with "WW36 - Ent Brew - Night X" in the subject, and include a list of five players. The topmost living player will be healed during the night.

Haldir

In Tolkein's story, you were nothing more than the commander of a small border patrol group which found the Fellowship when they entered Lórien. However, Peter Jackson decided you were much too cool to just leave it at that, and suddenly you ended up in charge of a an army of Elven archers. Oh, and you're best buddies with Legolas and Aragorn. At least you have a personality. ;-)

Role Powers
War Alliance: Two times during the game you may use your amazing archery skills to attack a player during the day. When you choose to use this power, send a PM with the player you wish to target in a PM with the subject "WW36 - War Alliance - Day X." As soon as the PM is received the player will be attacked.

Rosie

The daughter of Tom Cotton, the sturdiest Hobbit around, you grew up with many brothers, and thus had a way of dealing with the men in the Green Dragon. Still, you have a shy, sweet side, which one certain shy hobbit fell in love with...

Role Powers
Tipsy: Every day you must disable a player of your choice for the following day and night cycle. Send a PM with a list of five players and a subject of "WW36 - Tipsy - Day X." The topmost living player on the list will be so tipsy the next day that he or she will be unable to use powers or vote during the day or night, and will miraculous stumble out of the way of all attacks.

Shadowfax

You are the faithful white horse, the lord of all horses, one of the great race of Mearas that Gandalf tamed. You'll come at his call, and bear him with all due haste to wherever he needs to go.

Role Powers
Gallop: Every night, send a list of five people in a PM titled "WW36 – Gallop – Night X." You will be able to take the topmost living player far away from all Orc attacks that night.

The Ring
The Ring

Ring Recipient Order:

*If the ring was passed directly to someone, it skipped about the list. If it was put on, it went to the next person on the list that hadn't received it.
Ring Message wrote:
Congratulations...we think. The Ring of Power has drifted your way.

With this Ring comes great power, but also a great price. Before you is a fork in your path to destiny, which requires you to choose one path over the other.

Your safe route is clear: you may choose to just send the Ring on to another player and try to forget that it came to you. If you choose to do so, please reply back before execution with a list of 5 people to send it to. The Ring will be passed on to the topmost on that list that is still alive and has not received the Ring yet. You will suffer no direct consequences as you travel down this path.

Or, should you dare, you can take the risky path and put the Ring on, thus receiving power. Should you choose to take this risky path, you will need to take some action: you must publicly declare your decision by putting this delightfully obvious sig on:
Once the sig is in place, it will need to remain such until the end of the game...or your death. Heed this warning, though: removing the sig has the potential to have quite dire consequences.

Which path shall you take? The safe, or the risky?

Submit a PM to Pickles and averly titled "WW - The Ring - Choice" and include your decision inside. Please respond before Execution Day X.

If you wore the ring, the following happened:
1) A number between 1 and 5 was rolled. If you rolled a 5, you lost 10% shield. Anything else, and nothing happened.
2) A number between 1 and 20 was rolled. You received the SP matching the number. If it was already taken, new number was rolled.
3) You disappeared on the thread, causing your votes to not count.
4) PM was sent, including SP.
Ring Worn wrote:
So we see you decided to wear the ring. Perhaps you are simply brave, or perhaps circumstances forced you into taking such a risk, we do not know. But your decision does have consequences.

With the Ring on, you discovered that you suddenly disappeared! No one could see you as much as you waved at them and hollered to get their attention. It looks as though you lost your ability to vote for the day (but can still use role powers).

Unfortunately it appears you were extra sensitive to the dark powers the Ring emitted while turned invisible. Your shield decreased 10% as a result of the evil taint that surrounded you.

On the bright side, while no one was looking, you also stumbled on a secret power. You may not discuss your secret power with anyone.

Ring SPs:
#1-3: Dark Terror: The power of the Ring can be terribly terrifying. With this power, you may summon the dark powers of the Ring to terrify any one person, thus weakening them. If they are too weak to begin with, they may die. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Dark Terror - Day X" and include the name of the player you would like to use it on.

#4: Explosion: Everyone likes explosions...but from afar, right? With this power, you may create an explosion to attack two people. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Explosion - Day X" and include the names of the two players you would like to use it on.

#5-9: Fire Words: The Ring was forged deep within Mount Doom, amidst fires and lava. With this power, you may choose to include an additional vote in firey letters. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Fire Words - Day X" and include the name of the player you would like have an extra vote on.

#10-11: Dark Wall: The power of the Ring can overwhelm all other powers. With this power, you may summon the dark powers of the Ring to surround any person for an entire night, protecting them from all harm. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Dark Wall - Night X" and include the name of the player you would like to use it on.

#12-13: Long Life: It is said that the Ring can bring exceedingly long life. With this power, you may summon the power of the Ring to extend someone's life by boosting their shield by 35%. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Long Life - Day X" and include the name of the player you would like to use it on.

#14-17: Fishy Fiend: You've discovered a love for fresh fish due to the ring. Because of this, you may eat a fresh fish once during the game to boost your own shield by 15%. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Fishy Fiend - Day X". Your shield will be boosted at that time.

#18: Sight: The Ring brings you much closer to the Great Eye, which sees much. With this power, you can use your connection through the Ring to the Great Eye to seek out information on a single person. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Sight - Day X" and include the name of the player you would like to use it on.

#19: Panic: The horrors that the Ring tends to leave behind leaves also behind people with a great fear, prone to panic. With this power, you can cause any one person to panic when sending in their list, randomly re-ordering it. To use this power, submit a PM titled "WW - Panic - Night X" and include the name of the player you would like to use it on.

#20: Abnormal Survival: Somehow, those who have worn the Ring seem to survive much more than seems possible. Even if someone has killed you, you will flounder between life and death for a day, unable to post on either thread, and then come back to life. This is an automatic power, but can only be used once.

Other SPs:
Other SPs:

Mithril Mail: This pretty little shirt costs a fortune, but is not just something to be stared at. The wearer of this mail has a 40% chance of any attacks missing. So long as you are holding the mail, this is automatic and will work until you die.

1 - Light of Eärendil: This phial contains the Light of Eärendil, which shines brightly even in the darkest places. With this, you can shed some light on someone's role, revealing it to all. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Light of Eärendil - Day X", and include the name of the player you want revealed.

1 - Gray Wood Box: This small box of gray wood, adorned with a silver G-rune on its lid is more than meets the eye. Inside is soil that brings life to even the deadest of soils. You may sprinkle this dirt on the grave of one player already dead to bring them back to life. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Gray Wood Box - Day X", and include the name of the player you want resurrected.

2 - Silver Belt: This silver belt has a beautiful gold flower-shaped clasp, and the style is favored by the Elves of Lothlórien. This belt has the ability to boost your shield by 15%. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Silver Belt - Day X"

1 - Elven Sheath: This sheath has magical qualities that prevent any sword from breaking. Because of this, for one cycle, you may withdraw the sword and defend yourself from anything that comes your way. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Elven Sheath - Cycle X".

1 - Bow of the Galadhrim: Made in Lothlórien and strung with Elf-hair, this majestic weapon will perform well. Unfortunately, there is only one arrow left. To shoot an arrow at someone, submit a PM titled "WW - Bow of the Galadhrim - Day X", and include the name of the player you wish to attack.

1 - Three Stands of Galadriel's Hair: When faced with a choice of a gift, all Gimli could ask for was a strand of Galadriel's hair to remember her beauty by. Generous, she gave him three strands. These three strands are now in your possession, and will tie three people to you. Should you die, the first person you name will receive your role. If the first person you name is also dead, it will go to the second, and similarly to the third if the second is already dead. Submit a PM as soon as possible with the title "WW - Hair of Galadriel" and submit a list of 3 names.

1 - Golden Belt: Shaped like linked golden leaves, this beautiful solid gold belt was crafted in Lórien. This belt has the ability to boost your shield by 20%. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Golden Belt - Day X"

2 - Elven Dagger: This dagger was made by the Elves and holds a fine point. With it, you may attack one person. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Elven Dagger - Day X" and include the name of the player you would like to attack.

1 - Elven Rope: Elven rope is quite unique. It will hold anything, but the moment its owner tugs it, the knots will come lose. With it, you may bind any one player for a full cycle. To do so, submit a PM titled "WW - Elven Rope - Night X" and include a list of up to 5 people. The top most person alive on that list at the end of the night will be bound for the next cycle, or until you release them.

8 - Elven Cloak: Elven Cloaks have unique properties. They can allow you to blend into the surroundings, amongst other things. With this ability, you may stealthfully have an extra vote for execution, however, you never know To user this, submit a PM with the title "WW - Elven Cloak - Day X" and include the name of the person you want an extra vote to be on. You might want to hang onto this, though, as you never know when it'll come in handy.
**Had all 8 cloaks been given out, but not used, those holding them would have received a full protection cycle activating once the 8th cloak was accepted.**

Location Effects
Location Effects

Shire - shields of those in the Shire are boosted by 15% for the night
Bree - no effects
Rivendell - words of wisdom, even nights; 25% chance of attacks missing
Moria - shields of those in Moria are decreased 15% for the night
Lothlórien - possible 1/50 chance of 10% permanent shield boost
Isengard - words of confusion, odd nights; all actions have a 25% chance of failing
Fangorn Forrest - possible 1/50 chance of 10% permanent shield boost
Mines Tirith - no effects
Helm's Deep - every 3rd night, closes. anyone inside is protected from all attacks
Mordor - terror, every 3rd night, nightkills performed by those located here do 5% more damage

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:18 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
Dying early sucked (especially considering the length of the game, 18 cycles, nice), but I think I contributed.

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay, cause some of y'all expressed an interest in comments from us about gameplay, etc, here's mine:

Favorite tactical moves of the game:
-Day 1: Dyl swapping Anvil's target (Katherine) with Anvil, and then random.org rolling crazy high. Anvil killing himself first thing in the game and not being rezzable certainly provided much to muse on.
-Day 5: Rubywinged goading ckillor into stating he was innocent, then using her discernment power on that statement as a way to prove he was indeed innocent.
- Mongrel using her heir power on Ammer. First off, this was funny because he was the biggest supporter of killing her. The result, though, was mass confusion on the boards, leaving Ammer with a baddie role...but still having the Faramir role as an excellent cover. I daresay, it was quite amusing to watch people start unvoting Ammer when he had been dreamed as a baddie. Also amusing were the PMs Ammer sent me gloating about it. :P
-Night 12: Regan hiding when both attacking baddies went after her. Very luckily well timed.
-Night 13: Pink using the Babble power. The combination of the Babble power and the previous night's misses on Regan turned the tides back to even for the innocents. Prior to these two events, we'd counted the innocents as toast.
-Executing Ammer last, and revenge-killing Ange so quickly. While from what I understood, it was a flip of the coin between him and Ange...this made it *much* easier for the innocents to win. Had they executed Ammer, the execution stop would have been first, and the odds were there would be two more nights (instead of one) of two night kills, severely diminishing the innocents numbers. Yes, there still would've been a couple daykills...but yeah. Revenge-killing Ange was very prudent, as she was the one with the shot at putting on the ring for the day, which could have proved fatal to the innocents had she gotten any of a number of useful powers left from it.

Most irritating thing that happened:
Alex getting killed the night she was going to give out my absolute favorite SP, the Three Strands of Hair. :(

Things that amused me:
-Twiz's ability to end up with Elven Cloaks. It was like, the Cloak that never ended...or the renewable cloak...or SOMETHING.
-Ammer! What HAPPENED TO KATHERINE?!! Seriously! Day/Night one, you gave her the shield boost, and then doubled her, but didn't dream her!? And then she like, vanished off your lists! You had us SO confused.
-Regan protecting Ammer for two nights, right after he was dreamed evil. Apparently she didn't want him to do the same thing Anvil had done to himself?
-Loser requesting that Ange be terrorized with cucoos. We used chickens, but close enough. :P
-Pixa's posts. Nuf said.
-Regan commenting that there was a "severed head" in the package, and then dying by decapitation.
-Twiz was pretty close to being right about Anvil's role...
Candy Corn Twiz wrote:
What if Sauron isn't really dead, but some creepy eye standing over the dead thread and sending in undead lists? :o

-The irony of this post, seeing as May and Pixa essentially had the same role:
May wrote:
And Pixa, I know nothing about your role o_O My comment was about the people who have been up for execution yesterday and today. I've heard their roles and believe them, hence I'm voting for someone I know nothing about :P

-The random bandwagon on DM. I'm *still* not sure where that came from.
-Since no one *was* tainting dream results...
loser wrote:
And whoever is tainting dream results, please come clean. I know you must feel awful after you caused Ammer and Byakuya San's death.

-Rubywinged: "*goes under a rock or something* I feel like someone has an elemer fud role.... 'kill da hobbits kill da hobbits' "
-Discussion with Mongrel about the Babble power:
Pickles: and you have NO idea how much fun it was to write that
Pickles: (night that is)
Mongrel: really?
Pickles: hehe yeah
Pickles: we knew it was coming
Pickles: and averly didn't have time to write it
Pickles: so she asked me to
Mongrel: You really think I have NO idea?
Pickles: lol
Mongrel: "Anyway, as I look out on all those corpses piled in the Great Hall, and through the veil at my dead comrades(Hi Pink, Rissa, and Rachel!), I have to wonder why no one realized that I, Antonia Savageblood of the Lizard People, was the REAL KILLER!
Also, I have to wonder what happened to the CLEANING STAFF! Did we accidentally kill them? There was that one night were we got kind of poison-happy and put the Magical Asbestos in the drinking fountain, after all....Oh, that was fun. That same night, we chased all the house-elves into the Chamber of Secrets, but then the house-elves realized the "Chamber" was actually a janitor's closet and got very irrational about the whole prank. Whoo, did Dumbledore ever give us a talking-to the next morning! "Blah blah blah I'm old and wise but this is your very last chance and I mean it this time." Everyone knows that Hogwarts has a very strict 9,283-strike policy. We thought about straightening up and flying right after that, but by the time we'd finished thinking we'd already crashed our broomsticks into the giant squid and that kind of distracted us.
The moral of the story is, don't go to Hagrid for advice on getting a Giant Squid to stop chasing you. He just told us to tell it to stop in a very firm voice, neglecting to EVER mention that it can't go on dry land. Also, the Giant Squid doesn't know English. Lame!
Hey, this firewhisky is really great. Anyone got some more?"
Pickles: hehehe
Pickles: i had flashes of that while writing it
Pickles: and to be honest
Pickles: i came up with the idea of it from that speech
Pickles: making it a role power, that is
Mongrel: You should've called it Grampa Simpson power
Pickles: well, considering it was bilbo
Mongrel: Well, Grampa Bilbo power then

Amusing PMs of sorts:
Sent from me to averly:
Pickles wrote:
Subject: WW36: Battle for Middle-Earth Game Thread
Pixa wrote:
:lol: How dare you May! How daaare you! There was nothing ridiculous about it. I don't think malibu is guilty either, and there are probably quite a few baddies rolling in there. I'm going to pick the 4th voter. They're usually a baddie.

Vote: Byakuya San

So, after being amused by this post last night, and quite bored this afternoon, I did some checking:

Night 1 - huge no-execution - Anvil, Siniri, Jas, DM was on fire!
Night 3 - attempted bandwagon on Mongrel - Byakuya San, Christopher, malibu, Rox
Night 4 - bandwagon on Mongrel - Siniri, Ammer, Twiz, malibu
Night 5 - bandwagon on Mongrel - loser, Ammer, Rubywinged, Rachel
Night 6 - attempted bandwagon on malibu - Christopher, Pink, loser, Byakuya San

:o :roflol: That's creeptastically accurate.

Pixa wrote:
How many tokens to I be having?

(can't believe Legolas finally beat me! The swine!)

Pardona and Pink really got into the theme with some of their messages back and forth:
Pardona wrote:
My dearest friend!

It is so good to hear that, while I may be gone, I am not forgotten. Our time together was much too short for my liking, for I could spend the ages talking to you, old hobbit, and not grow tired. Where are the days when we spent our evenings discussing the crops and blowing smoke-rings? Still, these are hardly the times for smoke-rings, as darkness broods all around us.
You ask for my knowledge of any evil-doing. I have very little to none. My time on Middle-Earth was cut tragically short, as the other players of this great game that seems to be unfolding all around us had very little confidence in me. Why should they? I was merely an old man with a stick. I can only suggest you check out our supposed friend Wind, as his mutterings of late seem to have at least an indication of something other than complete innocence.
To conclude, I
can offer you some reassurance. You say I can not return. I can not. I will no longer mingle among the active players in Middle-Earth. Yet someday, you may see something that you have no way of explaining. Evil may be exposed for what it is, or good may endure in face of a force set against it that it has no chance of surviving on it's own. When such happens, look to the skies, and know that it is my hand at work. In fact, look to the skies always. When you are completely out of ideas, Valinor may hold the answer.

- Your dearest friend, companion throughout the ages, and watching over your shoulder,
Gandalf
The White
Pink wrote:
Dear Gandalf,
It seems like each day we lose another innocent life. I only know of two other innocents besides myself still in the game. Is there any advice you can give to me in this dark hour?

Fondest Thoughts,
Bilbo Baggins
Pardona wrote:
Dear hobbit,

While I much enjoyed your speech after the foul Saruman, who fell to the whisperings of the dark lord, and Gothmog, vile assistant to the Witch-King, were exposed for who they were, my vision upon Middle-Earth is currently empty. I know of no innocent beside yourself, and I know not who dreams of good and evil. I can intervene, should it be needed, but to do so, I would need to know who is, to your knowledge, beyond doubt, and who you are not so sure of. Time is of the essence, dear Bilbo. Falter not as I have done.

Your dearest friend,
Olórin
Pink wrote:
Gandalf,

I'm glad you enjoyed my speech. I really did work long and hard on it, even with all the distractions from those ridiculous Sackville-Bagginses. I wish everyone else would have loved it as much as you.

I know Wind is Eowyn (innocent) and Nikita claims to be Celeborn (innocent). Wind says the dreamer informed him (or her...I'm not sure) that Miyu and Rachel are evil. As for anyone else, I do not know. We could defintely use your help if you could provide it, Old Friend.

~Bilbo Baggins

Loser decided to dream herself close to the end of the game, for kicks. Averly took her up on it:
averly wrote:
Beginning to get suspicious of everyone around you, you delved deep inside yourself to determine if you were innocent enough to withstand the ring. As you self-analyzed yourself, you began to think, is anyone ever truly innocent? Every person prefers to care for themselves over sacrifice for others. And that selfishness, is that a weakness for elves as well as humans? You would hate to admit any similarity to the stubborn foolishness of men, but there is certainly quite a temptation of power. But then you realized that with Power comes really irritating minions. And frankly, you just don't have the patience to deal with stupid minions, so maybe being a powerful baddie would not be the best career move for you. Upon that realization, you decided you made a much better innocent elf and can take great pride in that. Now you just have to deal with the occasional stupid hobbit that comes by. :evil:

:P

Not so much fun things:
-Having to replace two people and modkill one
-Byakuya San admitting that he had revealed Mongrel to Christopher, and then realizing his role powers forbid him from doing so. That was one of those, "ohhhhh fudge" moments for me and averly. Since he fessed up about it, we decided to be lenient, but had to take *some* sort of action - he got a shield hit, and Mongrel got an heir power, effectively compensating her/her team.

Overall, highly entertaining for us as MC's, since we really had no clue who would win until Ange died. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Averly's PM to me when I retrieved the cloak I had used previously was hilarious. XD It was something like, "It is the cloak that never ends, it goes on and on my friends..."

And then I got the third cloak and almost -died- laughing. XD

And aaaawesome. My theory of Sauron was pretty much correct. *thumbs up*

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, this is crap.

I tried so hard to win this game. Like literally, I tried EVERY option I could possibly think of. Teaming up with baddies, teaming up with some innocents, talking to the dead, lying, etc...!

But alas, congrats to the innocents for taking me out.

And I'm going to give myself some MAJOR kudo's for surviving/escaping execution so many times. Like really, I felt I was fighting against the world for most of the time.

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next