Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Pokemon Battle Royale--Gameplay!!! PLEASE LOCK!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:51 am 

THIS THREAD IS SPLIT AND CAN BE LOCKED.

Yes, the game has started. Read on...

Pokemon Battle Royale!!

Concept

The idea of this game is simple: Be one of the last few Trainers standing in a humongous Pokemon battle. You'll be sorted onto a team, and you'll have to figure out what Pokemon your opponents have, and what attacks they are planning to use to win the battle. Believe me, it's more complicated than it seems, but not insanely complicated.

Turns

This game runs on a turn system, with each turn ending at 8:00 NST. Before the end of the turn, you need to send me a PM with whatever attack you choose, and its target. Note that your target is the PLAYER, but the attack will hit his/her first Pokemon. So, if I had a Charmander and Ash wanted to use Water Gun on me with his Squirtle, he would send a PM saying "use Squirtle's water gun on Theonlysaneone."

In this PM, you can also do other things, like use items or ask questions. Items will be discussed later.

Attacks and Attack Order

When I get an attack PM, it goes on a list. This list is the order of attacks, which sort of functions as a speed stat. It's not too important to get on top of this list, but it can help, especially if you think your pokemon might faint before it can attack. Also, some effects change based on when you attack. Some attacks will also automatically go at the beginning of the turn, or cause your opponent to go at the end of his next turn.

Damage

I'm sure you guys can figure this one out. When you're hit with an attack, you will take damage based on the power of the attack. So a 30 power Normal attack would do 30 damage to practically anyone. There is no same type attack bonus in this game.

However, weaknesses and resistances DO apply, exactly as they do in the game. So, in the previous example, Ash used Water Gun on my Charmander. Water Gun does 20 damage, but Charmander, a Fire Pokemon, is weak against it, so the damage doubles to 40. If it had been a Dratini instead, resistant to water, it would have halved the damage to 10. If an attack does not affect another Pokemon, it does nothing to it, regardless of modifiers.

After weaknesses and resistances are applied, there are certain modifiers that you can use to increase or decrease the power of attacks. They might be items, attacks, or stat conditions. You'll just have to wait and see all of them, but if you have one, you'll know it, and it will be well explained how to use it.

One of these modifiers is the Critical Hit. Every attack you use has a 20% chance of landing a Critical Hit, which doubles the damage done.

By the way, all damage is rounded UP to the nearest 10, at the very end (after modifiers and everything).

Abilities

These are innate powers that every Pokemon has that affect the way it battles. You don't need to worry about these unless they say you do; they'll take effect on their own. If an ability tells you to do something, just do it in the same PM you use to attack.

Also, it may be to your advantage to keep these abilities secret. They can definitely turn the tide of battle later.

Switching

After your first turn, the Pokemon you attacked with is stuck out there in battle. If you want to bring it back in, for whatever reason, you must switch instead of attacking. You'll lose that turn, and the new Pokemon will be the target of all attakcs directed against you.

Switching automatically takes effect at the very beginning of the turn.

Health

When you take damage, your HP drops by that amount. Such a novel idea. If your HP hits 0, your Pokemon faints. It stops growing levels, it cannot be switched into battle, and you must use another Pokemon to fight. If you lose a Pokemon in a turn, you are immune to the rest of the attacks targetted against you. If a Legendary Pokemon is fainted (yes there will be some given out), it cannot be revived and disappears forever. However, other Pokemon can be revived using items.

Status Conditions

There are several status conditions that can affect you in the game. Here are a few of them:

Poison: causes you to lose 1/10 of your total HP every turn (rounded up). DOES affect you while not in battle.
Burn: same as Poison, but does NOT affect you while not in battle. Causes your attacks to do 10 less damage.
Paralysis: causes you to be unable to attack 50% of the time.
Asleep: causes you to be unable to attack until you wake up. You DO attack when you wake up, so continue to send attack PMs while you have this. You can also be switched.

You will discover more, so if you have a question about how one works, just ask.

Items

Items can be gotten several ways. You can win them as prizes in contests, buy them from the Store, or just find them randomly. Items are used at the beginning of the turn, but are included in your attack PM. You can only use one item per turn.

Money

To buy items from the Store, you need money. Everyone will start with $1000, and gain $200 per day. When you defeat someone's Pokemon, you'll get money from them equal to that Pokemon's level x100. That only applies if you land the finishing strike. If you land the finishing strike against their LAST Pokemon, you get all of their money, and they are permanently eliminated from the game.

To buy something from the Store, post in the THREAD. You will buy it immediately. Items go on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once enough items are bought, the Shop will restock with better items.

Levels

The last part of this guide. Every turn, all of your unfainted Pokemon will gain a level. In addition, any Pokemon who land a finishing strike against another Pokemon will gain another level. Once you reach certain levels, you will gain moves or evolve. When you evolve, all of your moves are replaced with stronger versions, you gain more HP, you are fully healed, and you lose any status conditions. Needless to say, that's a good goal to strive for. It might take a while, though.

The rest of the game will be explained as you go along. Good luck, and be active on the thread too!

Player List:

Anoohilator
Blk Mage
boochiguildstaff
Christopher
Combusken_BG
Cwisgood
dracir512
Dyl
fijiguide
Hikaru_dream
Kugetsu
Matchbow
Neopet_online
Pardona_ii
Pixa
Ria

Since I only had 16 roles, Lovio will be a replacement (He was randomly selected). Anyone who doesn't do anything by Tuesday night will be replaced.

The first turn ends 8:00 Monday night, so get your PMs in by then! All roles have been sent out, so tell me if you didn't get one.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ok, ok, ok... Well I'm sorta confused, and really rather nervous cause I've never played any of these sorts of games and I don't wanna screw up. :P

A few questions:

Firstly, when you say PM, do you mean, PM YOU saying "i attack blah-blah with my blah-blah move and blah-blah (pokemon)" or do we PM the person we're ATTACKING? o_O

Secondly, can we collaborate with our team member(s) about who to attack?

Gah, I feel so dumb :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:18 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

At the end of each turn, will you send out updated roles, and then a thing of all the moves used, and how much damage they did?

- Go WIS!

What kind of smurfery is this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

So 8PM NST our lists will need to be in by?

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:42 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
I'm liking the looks of this game. Very well done, I think.

And yes, what time zone is this 8 PM in?

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

When you're informed of damage, what is told? You take X damage, you take X damage of that type, X attack does Y damage to you? Are you told who attacks you? And yes, PM or AM? Both 8 PM and AM NST are kind of hard for me to manage, PM due to me not being awake at that time, and AM due to school. Is a leeway of, say, 2 or 3 hours possible? It would then be possible for me to make the AM time.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:14 pm 

pardona_ii wrote:
When you're informed of damage, what is told? You take X damage, you take X damage of that type, X attack does Y damage to you? Are you told who attacks you? And yes, PM or AM? Both 8 PM and AM NST are kind of hard for me to manage, PM due to me not being awake at that time, and AM due to school. Is a leeway of, say, 2 or 3 hours possible? It would then be possible for me to make the AM time.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

1. You PM me, not the person you're attacking.
2. You'll see how you're informed, but it will be very clear.
3. PM (although I might tweak this a little to give everyone a fair chance at getting first, if that becomes a problem). You can send the attack any time before then.
4. You can and DEFINITELY SHOULD collaborate with your team members.

I'm just getting to the PMs now, so I can answer your questions from there in a sec (because I'm sure there are some).

And ria, don't worry, everyone has a first time of playing these games. It's actually pretty simple; 90% of this stuff happens on my end, you just need to know what's going on, and what factors into damage.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:17 am 

FIRST TURN BATTLE RESULTS SENT OUT

If you did not receive results, let me know. Also, if you did not send an attack PM last turn, and you fail to do so again, you are in danger of being kicked or replaced. So you might want to get on that.

Store

Yes, the store has opened! To buy something, POST here.

Poke Ball -- $200 (5)
Potion (Heals 30) -- $300 (5)
Paralyze Heal -- $250 (2)
Antidote -- $250 (2)
Burn Heal -- $250 (2)
Ice Heal -- $250 (2)
Wonder Mail -- $50 (10)

Wonder Mail allows you to send a message based on someone's ROLE, not username, through me. Your username will be revealed as the sender.

The number in parenthesis beside the price is the amount left in stock. If the stock runs out, you obviously cannot buy more. The shop will not restock until $3000 worth of merchandise is sold.

Currently, everyone has $1200: the $1000 they started with, and $200 for daily allowance.

Why do you need Poke Balls, you ask? Just wait and see...

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:34 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Firstly: I would like a Pokeball. Thank-you.

Secondly: Meep! Sorry! Nothing!

- Go WIS!

Last edited by Ric on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I wish to buy 1 wondermail, 1 pokeball, 1 paralyze heal. Totaling, 600 so i have 600 left.

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I would like to purchase two pokeballs, three potions, and one wondermail, please :D.

President of the Sugarinii/Tasha fan club.
Sugarinii's soulmate... since 1991!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:41 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Another Pokeball for me! Sorry, meant to get two the first time. So that's two in total now.

And two potions.

- Go WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:44 am 

Alright, I obviously need to rethink this stocking thing :)

Poke Ball -- $200 (18 )
Potion (Heals 30) -- $300 (20)
Paralyze Heal -- $250 (1)
Antidote -- $250 (2)
Burn Heal -- $250 (2)
Ice Heal -- $250 (2)
Wonder Mail -- $50 (9)

The store will not restock until $10000 of merchandise is sold. $800 has been sold already.

Neopet_Online, your purchase was not counted because you don't have the money for all of that stuff. You only have $1200 right now, and you tried to spend $1350.[/b]

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay! I get it now!

And I'd like to purchase 1 Paralyse Heal and 1 Potion ($550 total) [if there are any left! o___o ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Just a question will we be receiving pms of what each items does? Or is it already considered in our inventory and we can use it at any time?

Image Set-poala

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next