Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl Round 1 - 21 [Please Lock]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Round 1

SSBB = Super Smash Brothers Brawl
To all of those interested in joining, there are no sign ups. You can just start playing right off the bat. If you need additional help, I am here most of the time and more than willing to try to help as much as possible.

Story as of now:
- Mario from SSBB home page

In the Square Enix locker room. Rikku is polishing her trophy while the others are getting ready for combat.
Rikku: My precious....
Yuna storms past with Reno is close pursuit.
Reno: Why won’t you go out with me?
Yuna: Because you’re a jerk!
Reno: I know you love me, so why not?
Yuna: You’re a pig-headed moron!
Reno: Yes, I’ll let you bear my young. It is just that...
Cloud and Aerith walk past. Aerith kisses Cloud on the cheek. He blushes. She giggles.
Reno: Watching Aerith. I am sorry. We have to call of the marriage. I have found someone else. Runs of screen. Aerith!
There is a crash and the sounds of a fist fight. Reno slides back to Yuna’s feet, face first.
Yuna: I’d say you didn’t deserve that, but you did.
Reno: Instantly healed. Takes Yuna’s hand. I love you. I would date with you.
Yuna: That is sweet, but my guardian might have something to say about that.
Reno: Guardian?
Reno turns and sees Auron staring him down.
Reno: Backs away. Nice, big, scary man. I meant no disrespect. No disrespect... heh, heh, heh.
A sword appears by Reno’s head.
Paine: Please say this is one we kill.
Rikku: Nope. He is one of the refs. He judges us.
Ramza: Judge?! Ah!!
Ramza dives into a locker.
Rikku: Not one of those judges!
-----------------------------------------------------------
In the GM’s office. Kyle Katarn is meeting with the GM.
Katarn: Waves his hand. You will let me compete in the battle.
GM: Blinks and scratches his head. Want a taco?
Katarn: Waves his hand. You not need to see my identification.
GM: Blinks and scratches his cheek. Bathroom. Over there. Points.
Katarn: Waves his hand. These are not the droids you are looking for.
GM: Blinks and tilts his head. We get some Dark Troopers occasionally...
Katarn: Waves his hand. I can go about my business.
GM: Blinks and stares back. Move along. Move along.
Katarn leaves the office.
Katarn: The Force is strong in that one.
GM: Bursts out of the office. Damn skippy, hippie!
Link in introducing Roy to their new teammate. Hayabusa Ryu is just standing by his locker drinking a carton of milk with a swirly straw.
Link: Roy, this is our newest member, Ryu.
Roy: What?! The leader of Team Versus?
Link: No. That is Ryu. This is Ryu. But he does know Kasumi.
Roy: The girl associated with Team Pokémon?
Link: No, Kasumi! You’re thinking of Kasumi. There is a difference, don’t you see?
Roy: I thought Sieg was Kite’s friend?
Link: No, Sieg is the rival of one of Kite’s friend. You’re thinking of Sieg, who is a nice guy. I have met him before.
Roy: You know Sieg, but not Sieg?
Link: Right. There is no link between me and Sieg.
Roy: You’re Link.
Link: Right. Don’t get roiled up about this.
Roy: I am Roy.
Link: Yeah, unless that is in lieu of the truth?
Roy: Liu is on Team Versus.
Link: Right.
Roy: With Ryu.
Roy: And Ryu is their leader.
Roy: So he is their leader.
Link: No! This is Ryu! Not Ryu!
Roy: Okay....
Link glares at Roy.
Roy: This is Ryu, not Ryu. Ryu is the leader of Versus which has Liu and Kasumi. But that is Kasumi, not Kasumi. And you know Sieg, but not Sieg. Right?
Roy: Okay... I just have one last question...
Link: Shoot.
Roy: Who’s on first?
Roy: Right is on first?
Link: No, Who is on first.
Roy: That is what I am asking you!
Link and Roy continue debating. Prince and Ganondorf are getting ready for combat.
Prince: Want me to just speed up time to skip their idiocy?
Ganon: I think it would be easier to just kill them.
In Sephiroth’s Lair. The baddies are planning their attack.
Sephiroth: Although my story was cut last time for unforseen reasons, we are back!
Marth: Story?
Ridley: Got me.
Sephiroth: Not only are we as strong as ever, but the idiot GM even allowed me to add a new team member. Meet my until now unseen greatest general... Beatrix!
Beatrix walks out and looks over the others with her one eye. Captain Falcon starts drooling. Marth waves. Falco lifts a wing briefly. Deoxys doesn’t even seem to care.
Capt Falcon: Checks out Beatrix. Falcon like.
Ridley: I thought I was your best general.
Imperial: Glad I am only a colonel.
Falco: Bah. I prefer Kat.
Beatrix: To Sephiroth. This is what you give me? The only warrior in the bunch is the swordsman. I demand a raise.
Sephiroth: If you can whip them into shape, we will talk.
Beatrix: Very well. To the others. You will fight like you never fought like you before. Fail to live up to my goals and elimination from the competition is the least of your worries.
Capt Falcon: I love you.
Beatrix: Kicks Captain Falcon in the head and steps on him as she leaves. Let’s move out!
Sonic Team’s locker room. Sonic comes in to rally the team.
Sonic: Alright team! We can win this one! Come on! Let’s go show them how it is done!
Silver: I knew you’d say that.
Shadow: Draws a pistol and holds it to Silver’s head. Stop saying that!
Silver: I knew you would say and do that!
Shadow growls and starts pulling the trigger, but Blaze stops him.
Blaze: You know he is just joking around. Calm down.
Silver: I knew you would say that too!
Silver starts laughing at his joke. Blaze steals Amy Rose’s hammer and crushes him with it.
Blaze: Stop that!
Silver: I knew you’d... Blaze raises the hammer again. I’ll be good.
Sonic: Good. Let’s go.
Silver: I...
Everyone stops and glares at Silver.
The battlefield is ready. All of the teams are out or on their way to the field. Link and Roy are heading out to the field. Hayabusa Ryu walks past.
Roy: To Ryu Good luck and have Versus go easy on us, okay?
Link: No, that was Ryu, not Ryu!
Roy: Wait. What?
Link snaps. He steals a knife from a passing Black Mage and chases Roy into the ring. A cardboard box starts sneaking towards the arena. Pit drops down and sits on the box.
Pit: Not just yet, Snakey-boy.
Snake: Just doing recon.
Pit: That is what you said when you were chased out of the girls locker room.
Meta Knight: Walks up. What is in the box?
Pit: Stuff to stab.
Meta Knight: Cool.
Meta Knight starts stabbing into Snake’s box. Snake ditches the box and runs.
Snake: You’re worse than the damn ninja.
Pit and Meta Knight fly off and give chase. Snake turns down a hall but runs into a metallic object. Pit and Meta Knight catch up and stop as well. A Dark Trooper looks down at them. The Dark Trooper aims its Assault Cannon and prepares to fire.
Snake: Damn it, Otacon!
On the battlefield. The GM is about to address the crowds and fighters. Lieutenant Munro and Hazard Team patrol around the edge of the arena. Reno on his chocobo wanders through the combatants.
GM: Welcome one and all to the fifth Smash Bros championship and second under the Brawl banner. We have seen many amazing battles to date and this time promises to go above and beyond what we have seen before. Since I don’t want to keep you from what you love to do... let’s get it on!
The GM retreats from the field as the combatants ready themselves for the battle.

0500/1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5AM/PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out. If you miss one of the posting periods, you will not get an extra move. I will allow posts +5 minutes in so you don’t have to rush your action.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 damage and Ryu for -2 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][NPC][/color] for [b]-(X) damage[/b] and [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-(3-X) damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 and Ryu for -2
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [NPC] for -(X) damage and [Character B] for -(3-X) damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Example heal: ‘ Kirby heals for +2 HP
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Special users can defeat one 1 or 2 HP NPC of their choice in addition to their special use (meaning without targeting the NPC with the special).

Super Smash Attacks (SSA): SSA actions are powerful, character-specific moves with special effects. They can only be activated two ways and usually involve the character being removed from the game (see below) for a short time. The SSA use counter does not reset until all characters have used their SSA. To activate: either use a Smash Emblem or buy it with some points. They may not be ready at the start of the game, but I’ll finish them as soon as possible.

Removed from the Game (RFG): Unlike in Magic: The Gathering, this is not a permanent effect. Characters removed from the game cannot attack or heal but cannot be targeted. They return to play after a set amount of rounds. At least three characters will remain in play at all times.

Special Character - Gogo: Due to Gogo’s unique nature, I will post his information every round. If there are any questions, PM me, and I will willingly help.
Gogo cannot attack or heal. He is active every round. He has only one special which he uses every round.
Special: Mime: Gogo copies the last action done (the post above this use). Gogo’s user may choose new targets. If a special was used, Gogo receives -3 damage in addition to the special’s effects. Cannot mime SSAs or actions in the GM’s posts. If Gogo is not used, he automatically heals for +1 HP each round, but he starts with 30 HP at the beginning of the game. He counts as male for gender related contests.
Sample use:
Code:
[b]Gogo mimes [Last Character Used] and [Copies the last action][/b]

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Factions
Castlevania: +30 - Vampire Slayer - Characters can automatically defeat two NPCs with 1, 2, or 3 HP or defeat one 4 or 5 HP NPC in addition any other actions this round
Deep Space 9ers: +50 - Reflective Shields - All attacks directed at the members are reflected back to the attackers. Members can still attack
Dream Land: +20 - Skill Copy - Members may use any special belonging to any [Faction] member. (Check character guide or with the GM for specials)
Hyrule: +90 points - Magic Sack - Members may use any weapon unlimited times (weapon changes user after each use unless user can do unlimited attacks) (Check item guide or with the GM for items)
Independent: +0 - None (duh, they have no team)
Kongo Jungle: +20 - Monkey Friends - When a member is attacked, the attacker receives a -1 damage counterattack for every -2 damage dealt to member (counterattack is rounded down)
Mushroom Kingdom: +50 - Mega Mushroom - All members deal double damage for the rest of the round, but cannot use weapons. Negative side effects are doubled for members
Pokémon: +50 - Pokeball - A random, unused Pokeball is activated. Members are immune to the effects
Sephiroth: +50 - Summon Sephiroth - Either: a Guard Armor or Dark Trooper appear; or Sephiroth appears for the round and deals up to -20 damage distributed among the remaining characters.
Sonic: +60 - Hyper Sonic Speed - Members cannot be attacked for the rest of the round. Members may still attack.
Square Enix: +160 points - Job Change - Members may use any Dressphere that is currently not being used (Check Dressphere guide or with the GM for Dresspheres). Counts as a weapon action
Versus: +70 - Versus: Adrenaline Rush - Members may make unlimited actions. Special users may use their special twice (any given player may only use the special once)

Characters
Bracket A - Mon & Tues
Bracket B - Thurs & Fri
(Brackets start next week)
(Castle x3)
Simon-----------------------50
Alucard---------------------50
Soma------------------------50
(DS9 x4)
Samus-----------------------50
Fox---------------------------50
X-----------------------------50
Zero--------------------------50
Kyle Katarn------------------50
(DL x2)
Kirby-------------------------50
Ness--------------------------50
(Hyrule x9)
Link--------------------------50
Young Link-----------------50
Zelda-------------------------50
Sheik-------------------------50
Ganondorf-------------------50
Roy---------------------------50
Prince-------------------------50
Jeran and Lisha--------------50
Hayabusa Ryu---------------50
(Indy)
Ice Climber-------------------50
Joanna------------------------50
Kite---------------------------50
Mr Game & Watch----------50
Wario-------------------------50
(Kongo x2)
Donkey Kong----------------50
Diddy Kong------------------50
(MK x5)
Mario-------------------------50
Luigi--------------------------50
Peach-------------------------50
Koopa------------------------50
Yoshi-------------------------50
(Pokémon x5)
Pikachu-----------------------50
Purin--------------------------50
Mewtwo----------------------50
Pichu--------------------------50
Plusle and Minun------------50
(Seph x5)
Beatrix------------------------50
Captain Falcon---------------50
Deoxys------------------------50
Falco---------------------------50
Marth--------------------------50
(Sonic x6)
Sonic---------------------------50
Shadow------------------------50
Silver---------------------------50
Knuckles-----------------------50
Tails----------------------------50
Blaze---------------------------50
(SE x16)
Black Mage------------------50
Edge--------------------------50
Gogo--------------------------30
Tina---------------------------50
Cloud-------------------------50
Aerith-------------------------50
Squall-------------------------50
Auron-------------------------50
Yuna--------------------------50
Rikku-------------------------50
Paine--------------------------50
Chrono------------------------50
Fei-----------------------------50
Geno--------------------------50
Ramza-------------------------50
Sora---------------------------50
(VS x7)
Ryu----------------------------50
Chun-li------------------------50
Terry---------------------------50
Sol-----------------------------50
Liu-----------------------------50
Kasumi------------------------50
Siegfried-----------------------50

NPC Stats
None

Your beloved referees - Reno of the Turks and Lieutenant Alexander Munro of Starfleet!

Eliminations (Victim, Character, Player):
?? - ?? - ??

NPC Kills (NPC, # defeated, # sent):
Goomba - 0 - 0
Octorok - 0 - 0
Slime - 0 - 0
Koopa Troopa - 0 - 0
Spiny - 0 - 0
Deku Scrub - 0 - 0
Hammer Bros - 0 - 0
Kremling - 0 - 0
Heartless - 0 - 0
Paratroopa - 0 - 0
Redead - 0 - 0
Cactuar - 0 - 0
Like-Like - 0 - 0
Red Bubble - 0 - 0
Blue Bubble - 0 - 0
Bomb - 0 - 0
Wiggler - 0 - 0
Dodongo - 0 - 0
Lakitu - 0 - 0
Stalfos - 0 - 0
Moblin - 0 - 0
Zu - 0 - 0
Tonberry - 0 - 0
Iron Knuckle - 0 - 0
Metroid - 0 - 0
Malboro - 0 - 0
Thwomp - X - 0
Boo - X - 0
Floor Master - X - 0

Blk Mage - 281
Sirclucky - 119
Stinkyllama - 51
Christopher - 40
endeavourl - 168
Icey (Divine) - 60
Noo - 313
Rauven - 2
Ryan - 188
Roxas_x - 50
GM Choice - 145

Past Winners:
SSBM 1 - Samus of DS9ers
SSBM 2: Revenge of the Melee - Mewtwo of Team Pokémon
SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite - Roy of Team Hyrule
SSBB 1: The Brawl Begins - Rikku of Square Enix
SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl - ????

Point Redemption - Posted Soon

Pokémon List:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Summon Materia Effects:
Found here - Posted Soon

Character Profiles:
Found here. Enjoy!

Game Notes:
Changes made in SSBB 1 here. Enjoy!
HRB Rules. Enjoy! - Re-posted as soon as one is needed
Request Info! - From past game. Will re-post towards the end of the game.

Game Site:
Overall, found here.
Preview movies, found here.

Round 1 Announcements:
1: Brackets? Not yet! As a special treat, all seventy(!) characters are Active for the entirety of the first week!
2: Speaking of the new characters, I’ll do little blurbs on them through out the week. Don’t worry, there are only 15 new characters to talk about.
3: Other new stuff: One new prize at this moment, also: three new items, seven new Dresspheres, two new NPCs, and six new Stages.
4: More surprises and stuff can come during the game as per my usual craziness.
5: Gameplay Element Updates! SSAs: Read above for the basics. When/If the attacks get activated, then the details will appear... Okay. Above is really all you would need to know if SSBB was out by now, or I knew the entire cast list for SSBB and what their SSAs looked like. Until now, feel free to ignore that for this game.
6: RFG: Read above for the details. As long as there are no SSAs, there is no need to think about characters getting Removed From the Game. There are two Stages and I changed the Floor Master a little so they relate to RFG, but those will be rare, if not unseen.
7: Gogo! Although this is not his character intro, I will tell you how to use him. He is a walking Mime Dressphere. He copies the last action that occurred before his use. That can be a weapon, a regular attack, a special, or a heal. Stay sharp when using him to make sure you are targeting the right move. If he goes unused, he gains some HP so no need to worry about him constantly. I will provide examples of his use soon.
8: A lot of specials have been gone through and made more idiot-proof. That is mostly addition of ‘Choose one:’ or ‘Automatic’ to ones that were missing such phrases.
9: Speaking of idiot-proofing, I deleted a stupid prize that I thought was useless.
10: In a last piece of sad news, the following former players are on notice: Sirclucky, endeavourl, Icey/Divine, Rauven and Ryan. They have amassed some points but have walked away without warning. In order to maintain their good names (and points), they must make at least a weeks worth of plays, 7 rounds, with at least three rounds consecutively. They have until the end of this week to make one action or notify me of their refusal to play before their points are reclaimed by the game and used on the remaining players.
11: Couple notes on the above: a) Ryan will be given a little leeway since he was quite active for a time. (Meaning he might not lose his points). b) I know Blk Mage only flits in and out, but he has been at least semi-regular since the first game. c) Stinkyllama will be only an occasional player for this whole year. She would like to be as regular as she has been but will be unable to play too often. Her points will remain intact as long as she is semi-regular.

This Round's Weapons:
1 Gibson SG: -4 damage to one character. Can be used by Inactive Characters. Also, +10 Points (more for longer songs) if you post the full lyrics to a song found on Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero 2. Include song title.

This Round's Dressphere - Square Enix use only!:
Knight 2 - Speed Break: One character cannot make any actions for the rest of this and next round. Cannot target special users.

This Round's Specials:
Gogo - Mime: See above
1) Ramza: Calculator: -X damage to one character. X = d6 roll.
2) Katarn: Bryar Pistol: -4 damage to one character
3) Siegfried: Earth Divide: -3 damage to two characters
4) Silver: TK Control: -2 damage to two characters. Targets cannot heal for the rest of the round. Cannot target special users.

This Round's Stage:
Forget-Me-Not Valley: Cordially invited... Round 1 only! At the end of the round, one male and one female character are chosen. They are ‘wed’ and cannot attack each other for the rest of the game. If they are the last two alive in the end, all players that have made at least 5 actions get +50 points. If one gets defeated, they are ‘widowed’ and the remaining character gets access to his/her partner’s specials. Wedded characters can be of any Faction, but do not share Faction Abilities.

This Round's Mini-game:
Count the References!
I have made many a reference to things relating to pop culture as well as the character’s games on this post. The person that can name the most gets either +20 points or a bonus action to be used sometime this week (indicate which on the post with your answers). A complete list (of those that I can find)will be posted next round.

This Round's NPC(s):
None

This Round's Faction Ability:
None

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what time zone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Last edited by Skynetmain on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: SSBB 2 Point Redemption and Summon Materia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Point Redemption (v3.50):
PM me your request, and it will activate in the next round. All point spending will be announced at the start of the round. Purchases do not count as an action since they are ‘behind the scenes’ until they are announced. Use of a purchased item or special counts as your action in the next round. All dates and times are for the US Pacific Time Zone, which is NST (Neopian Standard Time) for those that don’t know where/when that is.
Note: Excess points earned will go to the GM’s Choice pot to be spent on gifts for the masses.
*SSA related prizes may not be active at the start of or during this game
1 - Cheap Prize: Give me your Neopets name and I’ll send you a ‘junk’ item from my SDB, or I’ll PM you the link to a ‘random’ pic from one of the Japanese fan art sites I frequent. Your choice.
15 - Item Purchase 1: I will activate an extra weapon of my choice (Beam Sword, Fan, Green Shell, Super Scope, Lip’s Stick, Fire Flower, Lon Lon Milk, Gibson SG) for the round
25 - Special Purchase 1: Character of your choice will get to use an unused special in the next round (not for private use). Special will count against total (official) use of that special.
25 - Item Purchase 2: I will activate a weapon of your choice
25 - Summon NPC 1: I will activate a random NPC
40 - Item Purchase 3: I will activate a weapon of my choice for your private use
*50 - Smashing. Simply Smashing 1: Either a Smash Emblem is activated next round or a random, unused SSA is activated next round
60 - Item Purchase 4: I will activate a weapon of your choice for your private use
60 - Summon NPC 2: I will activate a NPC of your choice
100 - Special Purchase 2: Character of your choice will get to use any special of your choice activated next round (not for private use). Special will count against total (official) use of that special.
100 - Activate Character: Character of your choice becomes active or inactive until the next switch
*125 - Smashing. Simply Smashing 2: Unused SSA of your choice is activated next round
150 - Espers Rule: Activate a Summon Materia guaranteed to deal damage with a random user.
200 - I Choose You: Activate a Pokeball of your choice with random targets and user. Counts as official use of that Pokeball.
250 - Special Purchase 3: Character of your choice will get to use any special of your choice for your private use. Does not count against total (official) use of that special
*275 - Smashing. Simply Smashing 3: Any SSA of your choice is activated next round
300 - Go team, go 1: A random Faction Ability will activate next round (Can be bought for Mon-Sat only)
400 - I Choose You Too: Choose the next Pokeball contest (Can be bought for Sat only)
500 - Go team, go 2: Faction Ability of your choice will activate next round (Can be bought for Mon-Sat only)
500 - Special Item: Phoenix Down: Can be used to restore any defeated character to play with 10 HP
500 - Debug mode: For one round, the player chooses up to three of the following: Specials, Active/Inactive characters, weapons, Dresspheres, Stage, NPCs, Faction Ability, NPC targets, and/or Mini-game. Player can make any Announcements. Player can only make one action that round.

Summon Materia:
0 - Lagomorph: None: Nothing happens
1 - Carbuncle: Ruby Light: +3 HP, Summoner is immune to specials and weapons until the end of the round
2 - Siren: Silent Voice: Three characters take no action next round
3 - Shiva: Diamond Dust: -3 damage to two characters
4 - Ramah: Judgement Bolt -1 damage to five characters
5 - Lagomorph: None: Nothing happens
6 - Golem: Earth Wall: Summoner is immune to all damage for two rounds
7 - Ifrit: Hell Fire: -3 damage to four characters
8 - Leviathan: Tsunami: -2 to five characters
9 - Bahamut: Mega Flare: -3 to five characters

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject: How To Gogo
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gogo really does seem tricky to use, even to me. The best way to tell you how to use Gogo is through interpretive dance or some examples.

Example 1: Regular attacks
You want to make a regular attack with Gogo. The last player had Link hit Purin for -3 damage. You post something along the lines of:
'Gogo mimes Link and hits Mario for -3 damage'
Nothing fancy is needed. Gogo does not have to copy the same targets as the last player.

Example 2: Weapon Attacks
You want to make a weapon attack with Gogo. The last player had Kite throw a Green Shell at Koopa for -4 damage. You post something along the lines of:
'Gogo mimes Kite and hits Yuna with a Green Shell for -4 damage'
Even if there was no other Green Shells issued this round, Gogo magically creates one to use. If the item used was an Elixir, Gogo heals for +5 HP. If the item was a BFG, Gogo still gets the -3 damage blowback. There are no negative effects unless the item has them built in.

Example 3: Special Attacks
Say Squall used Lionheart to rip Capt Falcon to shreds. You wish revenge. Just use Gogo! Unfortunately, Gogo automatically gets -3 damage for copying a special. You post:
'Gogo mimes Squall and hits Squall with Lionheart for -10 damage and -3 damage to himself.'
The -3 damage per special use applies to all specials copied, from Mario's -4 Fireball to Aerith's +3/+1/+1 Healing Wind to Kirby's -1 Copy. It is because of the mime of specials that Gogo will be liked, so don't kill him right away if you want to deal heavy damage.

These are only examples. The posting format is not cast in stone. I highly recommend using the Simple Format since it is more flexable for Gogo.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Ramza uses Calculator to hit Koopa for -X damage

Post subject: SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl [How to play on each update]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey WW players! This is a great way to pass the time between WW games and a good outlet if you get offed. Hope you take a chance.

Round 2

SSBB = Super Smash Brothers Brawl
To all of those interested in joining, there are no sign ups. You can just start playing right off the bat. If you need additional help, I am here most of the time and more than willing to try to help as much as possible.

Story as of now:
- Mario vs Wario from SSBB main page

The ‘fighting’ stops as the GM runs onto the field once more. He grabs Geno and Peach and pulls them aside.
GM: By the power vested in me by the SSBB authorities, you may now kiss the bride.
The GM hands over a pair of rings before scurrying to safety once more.
Mario: Better him than that dang bird.
Luigi: Didn’t she get married last game?
Across the field, Aerith playfully nudges Cloud.
Aerith: They’re getting married.
Cloud turns bright red.
Squall: Quit teasing the poor guy. We have fighting to do.
Squall readies Lionheart and heads back to the fighting. Off to the side, Ramza calculates five and smacks Koopa for -5 damage. Katarn hits Koopa for -4 damage but gets hit for -2 damage from Silver. Siegfried hits Joanna and Yuna for -3 damage each.
The team of Snake, Pit and Meta Knight are fleeing from a Dark Trooper. The robotic beast crashes through the halls after them.
Snake: To Pit This is all your fault.
Pit: How is this my fault?
Snake: If you let me sneak into the arena, this would never have happened.
Pit: Well, if you didn’t try sneaking in, then I would never have caught you which led this to happen.
Snake: Groans
Meta Knight: Less fighting, more running.
The Dark Trooper fires its missiles at the team causing them to scatter.

0500/1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5AM/PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out. If you miss one of the posting periods, you will not get an extra move. I will allow posts +5 minutes in so you don’t have to rush your action.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 damage and Ryu for -2 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][NPC][/color] for [b]-(X) damage[/b] and [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-(3-X) damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -X damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example split attack: ‘ Chrono attacks a goomba for -1 and Ryu for -2
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [NPC] for -(X) damage and [Character B] for -(3-X) damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Special users can defeat one 1 or 2 HP NPC of their choice in addition to their special use (meaning without targeting the NPC with the special).

Super Smash Attacks (SSA): SSA actions are powerful, character-specific moves with special effects. They can only be activated two ways and usually involve the character being removed from the game (see below) for a short time. The SSA use counter does not reset until all characters have used their SSA. To activate: either use a Smash Emblem or buy it with some points. They may not be ready at the start of the game, but I’ll finish them as soon as possible.

Removed from the Game (RFG): Unlike in Magic: The Gathering, this is not a permanent effect. Characters removed from the game cannot attack or heal but cannot be targeted. They return to play after a set amount of rounds. At least three characters will remain in play at all times.

Special Character - Gogo: Due to Gogo’s unique nature, I will post his information every round. If there are any questions, PM me, and I will willingly help.
Gogo cannot attack or heal. He is active every round. He has only one special which he uses every round.
Special: Mime: Gogo copies the last action done (the post above this use). Gogo’s user may choose new targets. If a special was used, Gogo receives -3 damage in addition to the special’s effects. Cannot mime SSAs or actions in the GM’s posts. If Gogo is not used, he automatically heals for +1 HP each round, but he starts with 30 HP at the beginning of the game. He counts as male for gender related contests.
Sample use:
Code:
[b]Gogo mimes [Last Character Used] and [Copies the last action][/b]

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Factions
Castlevania: +30 - Vampire Slayer - Characters can automatically defeat two NPCs with 1, 2, or 3 HP or defeat one 4 or 5 HP NPC in addition any other actions this round
Deep Space 9ers: +50 - Reflective Shields - All attacks directed at the members are reflected back to the attackers. Members can still attack
Dream Land: +20 - Skill Copy - Members may use any special belonging to any [Faction] member. (Check character guide or with the GM for specials)
Hyrule: +90 points - Magic Sack - Members may use any weapon unlimited times (weapon changes user after each use unless user can do unlimited attacks) (Check item guide or with the GM for items)
Independent: +0 - None (duh, they have no team)
Kongo Jungle: +20 - Monkey Friends - When a member is attacked, the attacker receives a -1 damage counterattack for every -2 damage dealt to member (counterattack is rounded down)
Mushroom Kingdom: +50 - Mega Mushroom - All members deal double damage for the rest of the round, but cannot use weapons. Negative side effects are doubled for members
Pokémon: +50 - Pokeball - A random, unused Pokeball is activated. Members are immune to the effects
Sephiroth: +50 - Summon Sephiroth - Either: a Guard Armor or Dark Trooper appear; or Sephiroth appears for the round and deals up to -20 damage distributed among the remaining characters.
Sonic: +60 - Hyper Sonic Speed - Members cannot be attacked for the rest of the round. Members may still attack.
Square Enix: +160 points - Job Change - Members may use any Dressphere that is currently not being used (Check Dressphere guide or with the GM for Dresspheres). Counts as a weapon action
Versus: +70 - Versus: Adrenaline Rush - Members may make unlimited actions. Special users may use their special twice (any given player may only use the special once)

Characters
Bracket A - Mon & Tues
Bracket B - Thurs & Fri
(Brackets start next week)
(Castle x3)
Simon-----------------------50
Alucard---------------------50
Soma------------------------50
(DS9 x5)
Samus-----------------------50
Fox---------------------------50
X-----------------------------50
Zero--------------------------50
Kyle Katarn------------------48
(DL x2)
Kirby-------------------------50
Ness--------------------------50
(Hyrule x9)
Link--------------------------50
Young Link-----------------50
Zelda-------------------------50
Sheik-------------------------50
Ganondorf-------------------50
Roy---------------------------50
Prince-------------------------50
Jeran and Lisha--------------50
Hayabusa Ryu---------------50
(Indy)
Ice Climber-------------------50
Joanna------------------------47
Kite---------------------------50
Mr Game & Watch----------50
Wario-------------------------50
(Kongo x2)
Donkey Kong----------------50
Diddy Kong------------------50
(MK x5)
Mario-------------------------50
Luigi--------------------------50
Peach-------------------------50
Koopa------------------------41
Yoshi-------------------------50
(Pokémon x5)
Pikachu-----------------------50
Purin--------------------------50
Mewtwo----------------------50
Pichu--------------------------50
Plusle and Minun------------50
(Seph x5)
Beatrix------------------------50
Captain Falcon---------------50
Deoxys------------------------50
Falco---------------------------50
Marth--------------------------50
(Sonic x6)
Sonic---------------------------50
Shadow------------------------50
Silver---------------------------50
Knuckles-----------------------50
Tails----------------------------50
Blaze---------------------------50
(SE x16)
Black Mage------------------50
Edge--------------------------50
Gogo--------------------------31
Tina---------------------------50
Cloud-------------------------50
Aerith-------------------------50
Squall-------------------------50
Auron-------------------------50
Yuna--------------------------47
Rikku-------------------------50
Paine--------------------------50
Chrono------------------------50
Fei-----------------------------50
Geno--------------------------50
Ramza-------------------------50
Sora---------------------------50
(VS x7)
Ryu----------------------------50
Chun-li------------------------50
Terry---------------------------50
Sol-----------------------------50
Liu-----------------------------50
Kasumi------------------------50
Siegfried-----------------------50

NPC Stats
None

Your beloved referees - Reno of the Turks and Lieutenant Alexander Munro of Starfleet!

Eliminations (Victim, Character, Player):
?? - ?? - ??

NPC Kills (NPC, # defeated, # sent):
Goomba - 0 - 0
Octorok - 0 - 0
Slime - 0 - 0
Koopa Troopa - 0 - 0
Spiny - 0 - 0
Deku Scrub - 0 - 0
Hammer Bros - 0 - 0
Kremling - 0 - 0
Heartless - 0 - 0
Paratroopa - 0 - 0
Redead - 0 - 0
Cactuar - 0 - 0
Like-Like - 0 - 0
Red Bubble - 0 - 0
Blue Bubble - 0 - 0
Bomb - 0 - 0
Wiggler - 0 - 0
Dodongo - 0 - 0
Lakitu - 0 - 0
Stalfos - 0 - 0
Moblin - 0 - 0
Zu - 0 - 0
Tonberry - 0 - 0
Iron Knuckle - 0 - 0
Metroid - 0 - 0
Malboro - 0 - 0
Thwomp - X - 0
Boo - X - 0
Floor Master - X - 0

Blk Mage - 281
Sirclucky - 119
Stinkyllama - 51
Christopher - 40
endeavourl - 168
Icey (Divine) - 60
Noo - 313
Rauven - 2
Ryan - 188
Roxas_x - 50
GM Choice - 145

Past Winners:
SSBM 1 - Samus of DS9ers
SSBM 2: Revenge of the Melee - Mewtwo of Team Pokémon
SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite - Roy of Team Hyrule
SSBB 1: The Brawl Begins - Rikku of Square Enix
SSBB 2: Shadows of the Brawl - ????

Point Redemption

Pokémon List:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Summon Materia Effects:
Found here

Character Profiles:
Found here. Enjoy!

Game Notes:
Changes made in SSBB 1 here. Enjoy!
Changes made in SSBB 2 here. Enjoy!
HRB Rules. Enjoy! - Will re-post when the HRB are reissued
Request Info! - From past game. Will re-post towards the end of the game.
How to Gogo - Enjoy!

Game Site:
Overall, found here.
Preview movies, found here.

Round 2 Announcements:
1: Brackets? Not yet! As a special treat, all seventy (!) characters are Active for the entirety of the first week!
2: New Character - Hayabusa Ryu: Star of Ninja Gaiden back on the NES and constant character in the DOA fighter series. He recently reappeared on the X-box to revive the Ninja Gaiden series. He is a skilled fighter and excellent ninja. He has some connections to Kasumi on Team Versus, but his mad ninja skills earned him a spot on Team Hyrule.
3: New Character - Kyle Katarn: Jedi!!!! You say: ‘Star Wars.’ I say back: ‘Dark Forces.’ Like the Dark Trooper, Katarn is originally from a video game before he joined Luke’s academy and started kicking Vong butt. He lends his lightsaber to the DS9ers and their battle to reclaim the gold.
4: New Character - Ramza Beoulve: Once royalty in the land of Ivalice, now a fighter in the SSBB. His battles to save Ivalice from the Lucavi are legendary. How he survived the battle against Ultima is unknown, but Square Enix is proud to have him on their roster.
5: You may have noticed that I am updating later than I have for the past few games. I will be updating around 5:45 - 6:15 PM US Pacific time (NST to those that don’t know) since I won’t be home from classes until about 5:30 PM three out of seven days of the week. Just being realistic :P
6: Okay. I should have said this sooner. If you have been paying attention to the opening post, the only difference between this game and the last game are the new features that are not going to be used. Therefore, no real differences since last game.
7: Seventy characters. Fifteen of them women. (Three gender-less since they are pairs). Only five draws needed to choose our newlyweds! That is pretty good.
8: I will try to actually have a storyline this time, even if it is just Snake, Pit, and Meta Knight acting goofy and paranoid. (This Birdman reference does not count towards the total).
9: More surprises and stuff can come during the game as per my usual craziness.
10: In a last piece of sad news, the following former players are on notice: Sirclucky, endeavourl, Icey/Divine, Rauven and Ryan. They have amassed some points but have walked away without warning. In order to maintain their good names (and points), they must make at least a weeks worth of plays, 7 rounds, with at least three rounds consecutively. They have until the end of this week to make one action or notify me of their refusal to play before their points are reclaimed by the game and used on the remaining players.
11: Couple notes on the above: a) Ryan will be given a little leeway since he was quite active for a time. (Meaning he might not lose his points). b) I know Blk Mage only flits in and out, but he has been at least semi-regular since the first game. c) Stinkyllama will be only an occasional player for this whole year. She would like to be as regular as she has been but will be unable to play too often. Her points will remain intact as long as she is semi-regular.

This Round's Weapons:
1 Red Shell: -1 damage to one character and all members of the character’s Faction. (Targeted Independent Faction members do not spread the damage)

This Round's Dressphere - Square Enix use only!:
None

This Round's Specials:
Gogo - Mime: See above
1) Auron: Banishing Blade: -4 damage to one character. Target cannot attack or heal next round
2) H Ryu: Windmill Shuriken: -5 damage to one character
3) None
4) None

This Round's Stage:
None

This Round's Mini-game:
Count the References!
My list: (not counting the characters, weapons, stages, etc as referring directly to their games)
Title from Shadows of the Empire
Rikku - Line 1 from LotR
Cloud and Aerith’s relationship from FF VII
Reno liking Aerith from FF VII
Reno - Line 5 from Ranma 1/2
Yuna’s Guardians from FF X
Ramza and Judges referring to FF XII/TA Judges in Ivalice from FF T
Katarn-GM Scene from New Hope
GM - Line 1 from Robot Chicken (think the bit where Pres Bush went Sith and had a lightsaber battle with Lincoln)
GM - Line 2 from FLCL
Katarn - Line 5 from Star Wars in general
GM - Line 5 was one Booker T’s catchphrases from WWE
H Ryu knowing Kasumi is from DOA
Kasumi from Pokémon is from .... duh, Pokémon :P
Sieg that knows Kite is a .hack// games reference (first four)
Link knowing Siegfried is from Soul Calibur II for GCN
Who’s On First is a classic comedy bit
Prince’s control of time is from Prince of Persia
Capt Falcon - Line 1 is based on his ‘Falcon Punch’ callout in SSBM
Falco and Kat is from Star Fox
Silver and his psychic abilities/knowing the future is because he may have foresight or because he is from the future
Shadow’s arsenal is from Shadow the Hedgehog
Amy Rose is Sonic’s gal
Snake’s cardboard box is from Metal Gear Solid
Him in the box doing recon on SSBB is from the E3 promo video from last year :D
The ninja and Otacon are characters from Metal Gear Solid
GM - Line Last has been used in many a place
My count: 27
Winning count: 00

This Round's NPC(s):
None

This Round's Faction Ability:
None

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what time zone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:55 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Auron uses banishing blade on Koopa for -4 damage. Too bad he comes straight back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Since it's not a rule to put real info in here to help people, I live in Lala land
I get we're supposed to post action stuff, but do we choose a character to use for this game? If not, I don't get how you win this game...o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Essentially the goal is to kill everyone else other than your favourite characters, essentially games 3 and 4 were wins for me as they are some of my favourites (though the llama also likes Rikku). That's how you win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Since it's not a rule to put real info in here to help people, I live in Lala land
Thanks Chris :P I guess I get it now, lol
Anyway, I'm also in PST, GMT-8

Kirby uses the Red Shell to deal -1 damage to Wakka and his Faction, Square Enix.

(I hope I did that correctly, from what I've read, that looks like what it is supposed to be :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

H Ryu uses his mega awesome Windmill Shuriken to attack Sora for -5 damage!

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sorry to sneak in here again, I made that attack shortly after 5am my time, so I can do an action again at 5pm today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:42 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

This game looks like fun, but that's a really daunting instruction post...

Could some nice person PM me an abridged version so I can figure out how to play? :) I'll pay you in compliments!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

okamotosan18 wrote:
Sorry to sneak in here again, I made that attack shortly after 5am my time, so I can do an action again at 5pm today?

Yup after 5PM your time. Why were you on shortly after 5AM anyway? :P

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=165

Also Typhoon that's how the game will look like when it gets into full flow, and the specials and weapons should be used first, and if we run out of them, then just do a normal -3 damage attack. The post format is in code near the top of each update so just copy and paste that with the appropriate info.

ImageImage

Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Last edited by Anoohilator on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

lol, I think you meant to ask why I was on at 5am, and that's because I'm between semesters and I do whatever I want without fear of being late to class :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

okamotosan18 wrote:
lol, I think you meant to ask why I was on at 5am, and that's because I'm between semesters and I do whatever I want without fear of being late to class :evil:

That IS what I said - ignore the edit :P

Captain Falcon stretches after such a long break.

Captain Falcon screams out FALCON PUNCH, but only hits Sora for -3 damage.

ImageImage

Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next