Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

COMMENTARY BOARD
WEREWOLF: VERSION 2.0

If you are dead, or are not a participant of the game, you may post hear and post your thoughts in the game.

As a warning, those who are DEAD... you may not reveal any secret information that was not available to the public.

Last split: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7427
<hr>

You know what I find interesting. Our numbers currently match up the numbers at IDB. And the way the games are going are really contrasting. Hahaha. I didn't realize until someone posted numbers (on both ends) That its 6:3 innocents:baddies... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Out of curiousity, might it have something to do with the statistics NPM posted sometime between this game and the last game about how if a game has an odd number of people at the begining, it favors the innocents, and if it has an even number of people, it favors the bad people? I noticed when we started out, we had 24 people, according to the math, we started out with 1/4 bad characters, and now we stand at 1/3 bad characters.

Edit: Err... This is frustrating how we can't answer the live people directly. Okamotosan18 thinks I didn't understand his post. I did understand it, and I'm saying that it is highly suspicious.

Edit again: Okamotosan18, I started watching you when I felt like I was fighting you vigorously a few hours before I was killed. Not the first day. At that time, I had no base for my suspicions, I was simply watching. Since then, based on what you said when and your voting pattern, you have only given me reason to increase my suspicion. I am under the impression that you and Lass are the werewolves. She falls under my suspicion based on her reactions and her votes (I would say actions, but she doesn't seem to act much, only react to what is going on).

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Interesting. Two votes are logged, each for a different person. That means that only one vote is needed for an execution... (heh... I looked at Scott's post there. Ain't I smart?) I wonder what happens if the balance stays like that? Will they both get executed, or will neither?

I think I have the feeling that something has happened like this before...

And, personally, I don't know who to suspect. They both seem guilty to me... but they could both be innocent, too.... Hmph!

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

If it is a tie, then neither will be executed. It is on the first page of the rules (I learned those so well those first two days when I was trying to make sure I had all the idiosyncracies right to avoid being voted off).

I'm finally back for the summer, although hopefully I'll spend a little more time away from this screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

FWIW, I think that okamotasan18 is the last Mafia member. Why? This is the player who has absolutely the most posts in the game. And, yet, still alive. Now why is that? I know why the wolves didn't maul her. But, why would the Mafia shoot her? The only logical reason I can think of is that she is the last Mafia member. To put it in perspective, she has been a whole lot more helpful to the innocents than I ever was, so why shoot me? The only explanation that makes sense is that this is the last Mafia member.

Oh, on the suggestion that I wouldn't accuse a teammate, I most certainly would accuse and vote for a teammate. Inexperienced baddies often won't do that. And, I am inexperienced at being a baddie. However, I have had the benefit of watching voting patterns while acting as an MC. And, really good players often do accuse and vote for the teammates. This tends to throw off the innocents.

For that reason, I think that the most successful baddies play it straight in the public part of the game. They do exactly what they would do if they were were innocent. I know that I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:56 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Also wondering Neopetsmom: Did any of your werewolf games involve people being like "kill me! maul me! shoot me! etc." or "i'm a werewolf! i'm a mafia! 'm a___" stuff? I'm just wondering how it turned out....hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Thank you to which ever mod split this! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks to all the splits to the Yoshmeister :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks for splitting this. It makes it easier to read.

Neopetsmom- See? I thought it sounded familiar. I just didn't know where from. Now that you've so kindly pointed it out for me... Also, I'm wondering the same thing YesItIsh is. Did you actually vote for them, or ignore them, assuming they were innocent, and wanted to get voted out of the game?

EDIT: Oh! So that's why that question was asked. Now I'm really interested to see Neopetsmom's answer.

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Well, I was thinking that some of the comments here were a bit odd...but then I went and read the game thread! Guess that is directed at me. ;)

To answer the question, I have had baddies confess in the topic thread. In games I've played I've seen players commit suicide (which is why I prohibit that in my rules).

I usually don't like it when a baddie gives up and confesses in the topic thread. This is usually when the baddie feels that he or she is caught and things are totally dire and that it makes no difference. I don't like it because the baddie is usually part of a team and it damages the team. No matter how certain it is I've seen baddies who played it cool get out of dire situations. Someone decides that the baddie is innocent or, in a complex game, the baddie is saved by some other mechanism (for example, in some of my games there is a governor who can stay execution and I've had the governor stay the execution of someone clearly -- I thought -- guilty. However, even a clueless governor won't likely stay the execution of someone who has confessed).

In this case, I am a bit startled by okamotosan's confession. While I had made an accusation in groupies (based solely on logic and reasoning and nothing else), I wouldn't have thought many people were going to necessarily believe me. After all, I'm evil. :evil: So, okamotosan would have been better off just shrugging off my comments as those of a baddie.

One other thing... in early games that I was MC in, I actually had a rule that baddies could not reveal their role publicly as I thought it was too damaging to their teammates. There did arise a couple of situations though where revealing the role had a strategic benefit (that situation does not apply here though).

Anyway, innocents best chance here is not to buy into okamotosan's suggestion, but rather to kill her so as to eliminate one nightly death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's... interesting. And who knows? It may be strategic... It might be part of Scott's strategy (only he knows what is up his sleeves, after all), or it may be Okamotosan's plan. He may be an innocent trying to cover up for the real mafia member, but why in the world would he do that? Unless that really was the reason... but why ruin the game for the rest of 'us'?

Heh, yeah. I'm your typical dead Townsperson trying to figure out all sides, but having no clue whatsoever. You don't have to listen to a thing I said if you don't want to, I have no clue what I was talking about... :roll:

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I feel bad. I suspected him, very strongly suspected him and was talking about it. But I didn't know any more than that. I didn't even feel like my comments were having an effect on anyone alive other than okamotosan18 himself. :(

I feel bad now. :(

Edit: Sorry, keep mispelling your name. You'd think I'd have it right by now.

Last edited by hyperflutterby on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My strategy? :)

Kill people.
Round up the corpses.
Repeat.

That's all I do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Okamotosan says the innocents should let him live so that he can kill one WW and the other can be executed and then the innocents could kill him.

The only problem with that is

(1) it requires the innocents to trust someone who is :evil: and whose mission and duty in this game is to defeat the innocents

(2) if you could somehow get past that trust problem there, it would require the innocents to vote to kill a werewolf and then okamotosan would have to know the identity of the WW and kill that WW. Doesn't seem real likely to me...

Let's say it plays out differently.

Innocents execute another innocent.

Okamotosan shoots an innocent

Wolves shoot an innocent

You are then down to 6 players, 3 of whom are bad. Doesn't seem too good for the innocents. And the next night wolves get to maul and Mafia gets to shoot again.

Yes, of course, I want the wolves to win. That is my team.

However, if I was an innocent, I would be executing the admitted mafia member.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have to agree with Neopetsmom there... except for the part about wanting the wolves to win. I'd have to disagree there- I want the innocents to win.

Oh... and, there are only two wolves left. If more than two people voted for Okamotosan, then how in the world could all of them be wolves? Sure, one or two of them may be, but not the whole lot!

ImageImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next