Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Re: Have you ever met anybody famous?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:41 am

ahoteinrun wrote:
unspecialfish wrote:I met the Decemberists and Carson Ellis.

My uncle used to be BFF for L with Tim Burton. He used to do some set designs for him. After my uncle retired from set designing Tim asked him if he wanted to work on Big Fish with him. My uncle turned him down. :cry: To this day I don't understand how you can tell Tim freakin' Burton no.

Easily. You're not interested in the project, or you have no inspiration for it. Tim Burton to your Uncle is probably just another friend. Not some famous guy if he's that close of friends with him.

Haha, let me rephrase that. What can you turn Tim Burton down when your niece loves him and would virtually be your slave for however long it took to get things done.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 am

Yeah... I'm on different sets all the time. People I've met... pretty much most of the River City cast, Ford Kiernan, Caroline Quentin, Rupert Penry Jones (swoon), Colin McCready and the main Taggart cast. :)

Edited for spelzing!

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:37 am

unspecialfish wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:
unspecialfish wrote:I met the Decemberists and Carson Ellis.

My uncle used to be BFF for L with Tim Burton. He used to do some set designs for him. After my uncle retired from set designing Tim asked him if he wanted to work on Big Fish with him. My uncle turned him down. :cry: To this day I don't understand how you can tell Tim freakin' Burton no.

Easily. You're not interested in the project, or you have no inspiration for it. Tim Burton to your Uncle is probably just another friend. Not some famous guy if he's that close of friends with him.

Haha, let me rephrase that. What can you turn Tim Burton down when your niece loves him and would virtually be your slave for however long it took to get things done.

I'm evil. This is less of a reason for me to do it.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Well I've met Ragaholic, and shes pretty famous!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:25 am

Aside from a couple authors (most memorably Holly Black), not really. I've met Tracie Thoms, but she's not really famous.

Though I think I have, now that I really try to remember. Except I can't remember who. >_>

ETA: Oh, I walked past Fatima from ANTM when I went and toured Bryn Mawr College last spring. Apparently she goes/went there. Awesomesauce. Girl is GORGEOUS and SUPER TALL, too, with some of the longest legs I've ever seen. Jealousss.

It's currently my top/second choice (it varies) for college right now, too, though I swear that has nothing to do with her, haha.

3lla wrote:I just met johnny depp and christian bale.

Oh no wait. That was just my Drama and english teacher......I hate how much they actually look like them.....

...I have no idea where you go to school, or how old you are, but I have quickly made up my mind to disguise myself as a student (shouldn't be hard, I'm still in high school) and infiltrate your school so that I can run off with your teachers.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 pm

3lla wrote:I just met johnny depp and christian bale.

Oh no wait. That was just my Drama and english teacher......I hate how much they actually look like them.....

...I have no idea where you go to school, or how old you are, but I have quickly made up my mind to disguise myself as a student (shouldn't be hard, I'm still in high school) and infiltrate your school so that I can run off with your teachers.[/quote]
Ah well you'll have to wait in line seeing as ever other girl in school is clamouring after them. :P
Topic locked