Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Why did we have to evolve from monkeys!

Mon May 31, 2004 10:16 pm

No, this isn't a debate, the title is referring to our tailbones. I recently was at a theme park called "M&D's" with my school and I went on a ride called "The Tornado". Now, after I came off this ride, my back was hurting an awful lot and when I tried to sit down, I couldn't. I was in agony for the rest of the day and when I got back to my house my dad said I had probably hurt my tailbone. Now my mum won't lwet me go to the doctors and she won't let me take even 1/2 of a panadol. Can anyone suggest anything that doesn't invlove sitting on pillows?

Mon May 31, 2004 10:23 pm

Get a bean bag and slump forward over it.

Mon May 31, 2004 11:28 pm

Awww! *glomp* Don't worry, hopefully it'll go away soon!

Mon May 31, 2004 11:32 pm

Ow unlucky :(

I think once my gran gave me a heat pack to sooth the pain once... but my gran is full of weird remedies like that so it might work.. dunno :)

Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:51 am

You could put an ice pack to it! That solves ANNYTHING!

Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:59 am

Shoyru_Lover wrote:You could put an ice pack to it! That solves ANNYTHING!

What about frozen peas?

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:00 am

jellyoflight wrote:

What about frozen peas?

I use them... such fun

You sound like you are in a lot of pain :(. Get Well Soon!

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:56 am

Smash it back into place, even though that could either fix it or leave you in severe agonizing pain.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:10 am

When I cracked my tailbone it hurt for about a month. Bad pains, those are. :( I suggest not trying to move a lot, try getting yourself into a good book or television show.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:43 am

My mom has a tailbone thing. She had to buy an inflatable donut pillow which is always fun to make jokes about. :)

Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:13 am

jellyoflight wrote:

What about frozen peas?

Any frozen vegetable works ... OR you can soak in epsom salt ...

Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:21 am

I did that before.
I ran over to sit by my friend (who was sitting infront of a radiator) and I sat down on one of the sticky out pipey things.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:39 am

You could sit on your bed all day. A warm bath can also help.

Don't assume right away that something is wrong with your tailbone. I've had some trouble sitting down before and it wore off after a couple of days. Only worry if it persists.

Re: Why did we have to evolve from monkeys!

Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:07 am

Ixistant wrote:No, this isn't a debate, the title is referring to our tailbones. I recently was at a theme park called "M&D's" with my school and I went on a ride called "The Tornado". Now, after I came off this ride, my back was hurting an awful lot and when I tried to sit down, I couldn't. I was in agony for the rest of the day and when I got back to my house my dad said I had probably hurt my tailbone. Now my mum won't lwet me go to the doctors and she won't let me take even 1/2 of a panadol. Can anyone suggest anything that doesn't invlove sitting on pillows?

Your tailbone is bruised, most likely. It happened to me. Sitting on pillows helps, but try a heat pack.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:56 am

Oh dear..That's probably like a super-concentrated form of achy-tailbone I got last winter from sit-falling on the ground too much during sledding. I thought I was being funny, pretending to suddenly drop onto a sled..

All the others' suggestions are great-Also, if your tailbone hurts on long car/busrides like mine did, remind yourself to twitch your tail a bit every few minutes. Too much time in one place on a bus/car results in pain.
Topic locked