Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Ohmygod

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:41 pm

This kid down the street from me broke someones car window.
The police have been there 40 minutes.
That kids gonna be in a world of trouble.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:33 am

Probably not that much trouble. I've been in trouble before.. trust me. The police don't do as much as they probably should. Depending on the age of the kid. The older they are, the worse they'll be punished. Also, if they've been in trouble before, they'll get it worse. A simple act of vandalization like that isn't too big a deal, not big enough for any time in a juvenile detention center, they'll probably be released to their parents instead, given a court date, fined for the damages, and they might have to do some community service.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:17 am

Woah, I would hate to have my car window smashed. THink of the glass shards that would get stuck in the cushion and then transfer in-between the stitching of your clothing, then poking your body all over... and right before i read this, my moms lawn table glass shattered while she put the umbrella in the hole... it was brand new and now shes sad :(

Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:24 am

On purpose, or by accident? (Baseball through the window for example.)

Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:12 am

tonu_revived wrote:Woah, I would hate to have my car window smashed. THink of the glass shards that would get stuck in the cushion and then transfer in-between the stitching of your clothing, then poking your body all over... and right before i read this, my moms lawn table glass shattered while she put the umbrella in the hole... it was brand new and now shes sad :(

Car window glass is made so that it ssort of.. holds together when it gets smashed. Making it less dangerous.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:31 am

Sapphire Faerie wrote:Probably not that much trouble.

I suppose it depends where the "trouble" is coming from. If I did something like that I wouldn't be worried about getting in trouble from the police but I'd be terrified of what my parents would think/say/do/etc. It really depends what this kid's parents are like in that respect...

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:13 pm

yeah, same here, once when I was 10, I was going home on the school bus, and these teenagers threw this metal ball bearing at a downstairs bus window whilst it was moving. It shattered the whole window, and scared the hell out of the smaller kids downstairs who were right next to the window. (The small kids have to sit downstairs and the older kids at the top, for safety or something) Everybody had to sit upstairs and we had to change buses. We never caught the people.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:32 pm

OK, I don't know how much trouble he's in but the police were there for an hour. That's PRETTY bad. He deserves it but his parents "Oh, he's PERFECT! He'd NEVER do anything like THAT." Those idiots. I got SCREAMED at when I yelled at him after he almost made me hit a tree on my bike. I hope his parents get the :idea: that he ISN'T SO FRIKKIN PERFCT.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:36 pm

how old is he?

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:20 pm

Electric Dj wrote:how old is he?
10, 11 or so.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:22 pm

I suppose some parents can be a bit protective though, to be fair...

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:28 pm

jellyoflight wrote:I suppose some parents can be a bit protective though, to be fair...
To be fair? They think he's PERFCT.
Topic locked