Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

SAT I Reasoning Test

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:11 pm

For those of you who don't know, the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) I is a standardized exam that most American universities require for admission. Test scores go from 400 (lowest) to 1600 (perfect). The average SAT score in 2003 was approximately 1020.

OK, I admit it, I'm posting all of this just to gloat. 0:)
The results of the October SAT I came out today and I got an 800 (perfect) Math and 730 Verbal for a combined score of 1530...highest in my school's current senior class (so far). Standardized tests...how I love thee. ;)

Anyone else get their results yet?

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:12 pm

Wow. Good job. Everyone is so smart here on PPT. If I was american, I'd probably get like 2 on the SATS.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:17 pm

Good job, M. Bison!

Congratulations and keep it up! :)

Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:28 am

Nope, they give you some points for your name xDD

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:27 am

Veritaserum wrote:Nope, they give you some points for your name xDD

How about if I put the wrong name? Huh? Oh, I bet you didn't think about that. Hah.

I'm sorry, I'm on drugs at the moment. Please wait a moment, your post is very important to us.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:23 am

NIce. Keep up the good work, man.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:40 am

Ooo-Good Job! 1530 is phonomenal. My cousin (more like a sister to me) got her score today too. She didn't do as well as she had hoped, though.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:14 am

I had to take the OLSAT test, it was easy. Thats amazing that you got a 1530! I probably wouldn't be able to do that...

Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:28 am

Lost wrote:I had to take the OLSAT test, it was easy. Thats amazing that you got a 1530! I probably wouldn't be able to do that...

Although the acronyms are similar, the OLSAT is a different test, produced by a different manufacturer, than the SAT. The Otis-Lennon School Ability Test is meant to measure your natural ability to succeed in the level of schooling your in right now. It's generally appended the batteries of other mass-normed tests, like the Metropolitan Achievement Tests or the Iowa. The OLSAT's results are presented as percintiles, deciles or quartiles, showing a norm-referenced overview of where one student places in comparison to another.

The SAT claims to predict how well students will do in college, based on both aptitude and knowledge. The SAT produces scaled scores, using mathematical formulas to translate a test takes raw score into a numerical value from 200-800. The SAT is produced by ETS and administered as a stand-alone, multi-section test.

Congratulations M. Bison, and Lost I hope you did well on your OLSAT.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:26 am

I took it. :P Got a 1540. Perfect on math. Not so perfect on those stupid double fill-in ones. :P Okay for a 13-year-old.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:45 am

Sweet! Good job, M. Bison. That's awesome that it's the highest score in your class. Man, I'm jealous. I got the same score as you did on my SAT Is, but it definitely wasn't the highest. Stupid smart kids (ooohh... that didn't make sense :()
Collegeboard.com was being such a turd yesterday when I went to check my SAT II scores. How long did you have to wait to check? I checked about 5 minutes after midnight and it was <i>finally</i> working then.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:58 am

Wow, that's awesome! Someoe here at my school scored a perfect 1600 on the SAT. o.o

Ugh, now they're changing the SAT to include writing. And the top score will be 2600 or something.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:22 pm

Congratulations, though I hate this test. Last May, I got a 1120, and this October, I got a 1080. A 40 point decrease.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:47 pm

My cousin's cousin got a 1600. :P

But well done, though. I probably won't be able to score that high.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:02 pm

Dragonfire wrote:Wow, that's awesome! Someoe here at my school scored a perfect 1600 on the SAT. o.o

Ugh, now they're changing the SAT to include writing. And the top score will be 2600 or something.

2400, actually. I took the PSAT version of the Writing test, and it wasn't too bad. However, the SAT Writing test will make you write a persuasive essay, which'll not be too bad for me, but won't be appetizing to most.
Topic locked