Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Rumors

Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:57 pm

This one girl Courtney started a rumor about me.

Last summer I saw Courtney well I was sitting in my dad's car.
She said what happened was:
I walked up to her and asked for her number and asked her out.
I don't even like Courtney.
What really happened was: I walked up to her, she said HI ADAM!
We skipped stones on the water.
I said "Maybe we can hang out again, ask your sister for my number."
She said "Ok".

How do I stop this rumour, and why did she start this rumour?

Re: Rumors

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:13 pm

Adam wrote:This one girl Courtney started a rumor about me.

Last summer I saw Courtney well I was sitting in my dad's car.
She said what happened was:
I walked up to her and asked for her number and asked her out.
I don't even like Courtney.
What really happened was: I walked up to her, she said HI ADAM!
We skipped stones on the water.
I said "Maybe we can hang out again, ask your sister for my number."
She said "Ok".

How do I stop this rumour, and why did she start this rumour?

I can't really tell you how to stop this, but it sounds like she likes you a lot and heard what she wants to hear. Sometimes girls have, um, active imaginations...

Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:21 pm

Well, like meowth said its kinda hard to stop the person spreading the rumor. But, if you know you don't have feelings for her tell her. And hopefully she'll understand.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:07 pm

For some reason, if she liked you, I'd think she would want to tell the other story more than the first one. You can't stop someone from spreading rumors, but if someone asks you about it you can tell them the truth.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:07 pm

I don't think she likes you. Sometimes girls likes to show off (in this case that you like her, but she rejected you) and start rumor things like that. I personally wouldn't worry about it, you barely see the people and people will forget in like a week.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:25 pm

Sounds like she might have misinterpreted what you really said to her, got excited, and went and told everyone what she thought you said. It shouldn't be anything to worry about, it's not like she started a horrible rumor about you.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:28 pm

It depends.

:P If this had happened to me, she would have done it to severely embarrass me. xD Because I'm terribly low on the popularity ladder.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:33 pm

She either:

A: Likes you and wants to tell people that you like her, or

B: Just wants to spread rumors to wreck your life.

Not sure how to stop rumors. I just wait until they blow over. :\

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:08 pm

I've never had a rumour about me before, but I know what to do: cal this 'Courtney' a meanie.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:11 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:I've never had a rumour about me before, but I know what to do: cal this 'Courtney' a meanie.

Wouldn't that be a bit immature?

Just tell people the truth or kindly ask her why she started spreading it.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:17 pm

Koku wrote:
DM was on fire! wrote:I've never had a rumour about me before, but I know what to do: cal this 'Courtney' a meanie.

Hey, I'm a homeschooled 11 year old. I haven't had to deal with stuff like that. But, come to think of it, it is. Your idea ish better. (waah.)

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:39 pm

0:) If it were me, I'd Punk her. :P And then tape her freaking out. :3

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:39 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:
Koku wrote:

Hey, I'm a homeschooled 11 year old. I haven't had to deal with stuff like that. But, come to think of it, it is. Your idea ish better. (waah.)

And I'm a schooled 10. Even I'm not that immiture...I'd call them something worse :P j/k

Well I think she likes you and is just so excited and thinks you like her back, she just has to spread the word.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:39 pm

o_0 wrote:0:) If it were me, I'd Punk her. :P And then tape her freaking out. :3

Thats so mean!

Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:17 pm

Ask her what the heck her problem is, and why she is spreading a rumor around.

Or just wait for it to blow over. People will figure out the truth eventually, especially if the girl is known for spreading lies a lot.
Topic locked