Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You know, I've never quite understand why so many people are so fearful of death.

I think life is scarier than death. Carrying around emotional pain, that's what's hard and scary. According to all the theories I've heard about what happens after we die, that all stops. That's why people commit suicide.

Death doesn't equal pain unless you're a heaven & hell believer, in which case you don't have anything to fear because as long as you're a 'good person', you'll go to heaven.

Though again with the karma. How many theories about what happens after we die involve karma? Seems like quite a few...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sugarinii wrote:
That's why people commit suicide.

Death doesn't equal pain unless you're a heaven & hell believer, in which case you don't have anything to fear because as long as you're a 'good person', you'll go to heaven.

'Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.' Isaac Asimov.

Anyway, I'm not really scared of dying. Dying alone seems sorta scary, though. But I've been watching too many movies, heh.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i feel strongly about dying alone. No one should die alone. Even if its someone you don't like, no one deserves that. Even if someone I dislike was dying, I think I would hold their hand and be there for you. I just can't imagine myself dying alone, the sadness. I don't wish that to anyone.

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

benladesh wrote:
I just can't imagine myself dying alone, the sadness. I don't wish that to anyone.

But according to your belief, we'd only feel the sadness as we died and then once we were gone there would be nothing. So there wouldn't be any pain from it, then, because you'd have no recollection of it.

I almost think I'd prefer dying alone over having to watch someone I love and who cares about me sob their eyes out as I die. Because they'd still be there after, and they'd keep the pain until they died too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sugarinii wrote:
benladesh wrote:
I just can't imagine myself dying alone, the sadness. I don't wish that to anyone.

But according to your belief, we'd only feel the sadness as we died and then once we were gone there would be nothing. So there wouldn't be any pain from it, then, because you'd have no recollection of it.

I almost think I'd prefer dying alone over having to watch someone I love and who cares about me sob their eyes out as I die. Because they'd still be there after, and they'd keep the pain until they died too.

I don't think you really understand what it means to "die alone". In full, if you were to die alone. It would be like dying in the middle of a desert knowing no one loves you, not in the world, not ever.

In fact, you don't even need to be physically alone to die alone. I'm quite sure a lot of men felt alone when they died in the trenches of WWI. But I am just rambling now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Paul wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
benladesh wrote:

I don't think you really understand what it means to "die alone".

There are different 'levels' to dying alone, so to speak. I was taking it to the farthest level, is all.

I feel sad now. But maybe I just shouldn't be posting stuff at 3:30 in the morning. I bet this doesn't even make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sugarinii wrote:
Paul wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
benladesh wrote:

There are different 'levels' to dying alone, so to speak. I was taking it to the farthest level, is all.

I feel sad now. But maybe I just shouldn't be posting stuff at 3:30 in the morning. I bet this doesn't even make sense.

So you'd want to die the loneliest person on earth? ...

o.O See this? This is my what-the-hell-are-you-on face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Paul wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
Paul wrote:
Sugarinii wrote:
benladesh wrote:

So you'd want to die the loneliest person on earth? ...

o.O See this? This is my what-the-hell-are-you-on face.

Ditto on that.

I would not want to die alone, because if you were alone then you would not know all the people that cared about you. Pain can heal when you're alive, but not when your dead. Imagine that the last thought that goes through your head is "No-one loves me."

Now that is scary.

Personally, I'm am scared of dying, but not because of the dying part, but because I don't know what happens when you die, and not knowing is the scariest thing in the world in my opinion.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ixistant wrote:
Imagine that the last thought that goes through your head is "No-one loves me."

Wouldn't it just be the same as thinking it any other time?

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Anoohilator wrote:
Ixistant wrote:
Imagine that the last thought that goes through your head is "No-one loves me."

Wouldn't it just be the same as thinking it any other time?

Not necessarily. Our destiny hasn't been filled completely yet, has it? Most of us are only teenagers, and we have at least say, 60 years ahead in our lives. That is a long time to be loved and to love back.

But say your 84, living in nursing home with no relatives left (you outlived them all? tragic.) Then you slowly die in a chair, and your last conscious thoughts are about how no one will be at your funeral, or you will be given state funeral paid by the nursing home, and you have no one to remember you with warm memories.

And then you realise, you have no way of ever changing and you left it too late, and that nice lady who lives down the hall, well, she's never gonna know.

There is more saddening things, but I don't feel like mentioning it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This topic has been locked and a new thread has been created in the Debate usergroup. If you are not a member of that usergroup and wish to continue this discussion feel free to apply at anytime. PM me if you have any questions.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3