Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Radio Game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey

One of the radio stations in Perth (where i live) is having a competition, where if you can come up with a brillant (and Original) idea for a new competiition, they'll use it and name it after you! (plus some other fancy goodies)

I dont suppose anyone wants to give me any suggestions? I'll give due credit, imagine that, you could have a radio program thousands of km's from where you live named after you. Neat o?

Begin!

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
The announcer names a weird word(s) (i.e. "toilet bowl cleaner", "air vent", "pimple bursting." People must create a song with those words as the title and the main focus of the song. They must have a verse and a chorus. The next day/week (whenever the competition is held), people call the songs in and sing them. The winner (as judged by either an online poll or the announcer) wins a T-shirt or something. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:04 am 

Dead Guy in an Envelope. It's a game they do on a radio station here (Classic Rock 93.7 the Arrow) which is basically like 20 Questions, where you have to guess who a dead person is (usually an entertainer) by calling in and asking questions. If they don't do it there, you're set.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

theonlysaneone wrote:
Dead Guy in an Envelope. It's a game they do on a radio station here (Classic Rock 93.7 the Arrow) which is basically like 20 Questions, where you have to guess who a dead person is (usually an entertainer) by calling in and asking questions. If they don't do it there, you're set.

HAHAHAH dead guy in the envelope? Our local radio station's doing that game every morning, except they dont give you clues. People just have to keep guessing dead people, and every day that its a wrong guess, they empty their pocket change into the money pool... its up to 1070 bucks or something haha..... ive been trying to get on the radio each morning but no success :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:10 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Since it's Australia...How about you play a game called 'Arggg...' since you have so many poisonous biting things in your desert like country. You could merge it with the above 'Dead man in an Envelope, having to also figure out which unpleasant Australian animal killed the victim.

A radio station near me played a game of what they called 'Chinese Whispers', except that it was really called that because the prize was a trip to Shanghai.

Essentially all three of the radio presenters say something at once and people call in with their guesses of what was said.

It may sound easy, but it's actually near impossible. Typically the closest one to the microphone will overpower the other two, and even with audio editing software it is pretty much impossible to deinterlace 3 peoples voices out of 2 channel audio :P

It was horrible and I don't recommend it.

Another one I've heard is not child safe, essentially guess the pron mag...but it was funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

One they do on the sports show here is they ask you very easy, obvious questions (Are you a boy? Were you born in this city?) and you have to answer them within a second or two, but you can't use yes or no or any form of yes or no.

Example:

Them: Were you born in the city?
You: People say that
Them: Do you have pets?
You: I don't take care of anyone but myself.

Now ussually the wuestions are better but the ones they ask arn't always appropriate for PPT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The Yes/No game! :o Our local station (B 93.7) plays it every weekday during the drive home. Usually, Chase (the DJ who does it) imitates someone or tries to be something (he posed at Lance Bass one time. It was hilarious!), and he asks mainly yes/no questions. You cannot say yes, no, yeah, nah, or know (because it's "no" ;)), and it goes on until someone can last a certain amount of time and they win. Usually, they win passes to a movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:33 pm 

DM was on fire! wrote:
The Yes/No game! :o Our local station (B 93.7) plays it every weekday during the drive home. Usually, Chase (the DJ who does it) imitates someone or tries to be something (he posed at Lance Bass one time. It was hilarious!), and he asks mainly yes/no questions. You cannot say yes, no, yeah, nah, or know (because it's "no" ;)), and it goes on until someone can last a certain amount of time and they win. Usually, they win passes to a movie.

Speaking of Lance Bass, you know he came out of the closet the other day? I wasn't surprised at all.

Another funny thing they do on our local radio stations is Birthday Scams. Basically someone will call them with some damning information about someone, and on their birthday, they'll play a horrible telephone prank that usually ends with the victim being forced to chose between paying a large amount of money or going on a date with the DJ.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:09 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Three Dumb Ones

DJ says "10th caller gets to play three dumb ones" (or whatever number you want) and the DJ asks three dumb questions and it doesn't matter if the answers are right, the caller gets whatever they are giving away. Its pretty funny to see what questions the DJs come up with :P

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Aren't the games supposed to be new and original, ie, not copied from other radio stations / pre-existing?

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Paul wrote:
Aren't the games supposed to be new and original, ie, not copied from other radio stations / pre-existing?

:o But is it plagiarism if it's a different country? :OOOO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

A short clip of a song is played and the caller needs to guess what song it is. The catch? The clip is played backwards.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The announcers carry on a 5 line conversation. The catch is that each line is a line from a song. The first caller to correctly identify all 5 songs and their respective artists wins!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

o_0 wrote:
Paul wrote:

:o But is it plagiarism if it's a different country? :OOOO

I think we all know its only plagiarism if you're caught. :P

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fiddelysquat wrote:
The announcers carry on a 5 line conversation. The catch is that each line is a line from a song. The first caller to correctly identify all 5 songs and their respective artists wins!

That's a good idea! To make it more difficult, it has to pop up in the middle of a normal conversation so you have to be listening hard to get it.

It's coming...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next