If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Funny Quotes

Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:39 pm

I have a calender of funny errors that people made. This is my favorite:

J.C.Penny Carnival of Valuse-- mens sundresses, regularly $2, sale $7--Sunday April 27 through Monday April 30

I see 3 errors in that....

Re: Funny Quotes

Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:36 pm

Robin wrote:I have a calender of funny errors that people made. This is my favorite:

J.C.Penny Carnival of Valuse-- mens sundresses, regularly $2, sale $7--Sunday April 27 through Monday April 30

Me too.....JC penny isnt a carnival, mens dresses is cree[y and sale is supposed to be smaller not higher.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:53 pm

lovio wrote:
Robin wrote:I have a calender of funny errors that people made. This is my favorite:

Me too.....JC penny isnt a carnival, mens dresses is cree[y and sale is supposed to be smaller not higher.

More than that : Values is misspelled, Sunday April 27 would make Monday April 28th. JC Penney is misspelled and mispunctuated. It is 'men's' not 'mens'. Anything else?

Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:15 pm

I also have a calender like that, with mistakes people make... like 'Buy a hotdog for a price of two, and get the other one COMPLETLY FREE!'

Something like that. Hard to believe they're real :P

Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:20 pm

lovio wrote:

By 'carnival' they mean a festivity of some sort. A mega-sale. If it said men's dress, then it would make sense- but I doubt they make men's sundresses. And yes, that last one you noted is quite a funny mistake. :P

Others:

There should be a space between the last period in 'J.C.' and Penny. As noted before- the dates are wrong on the sale. And values is spelled wrong.

It seems a bit strange that so many mistakes are in just one statement. Are you sure that's real?

Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:14 am

I shall post some when Rove Lives comes on tv when What The comes on :D

Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:46 am

LOL, they should REALLY check for mistakes like that!

Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:16 pm

lol they really need to check that, if thats a real thing, geesh, i wonder if that person got to keep their job? :o

Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:16 pm

'It's not a bomb, it is a device that is exploding.'

'Why couldn'y cheese-face be licked?'

Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:00 pm

The funniest one of those things that I've ever seen in person was when I bought one of those drinking bird things (where it tips back and forth) and on the box it said in large print 'Non-flammable. Safe for children.' Or something to that tune, the in tiny print it said '*Warning: flammable. Keep away from open flame' I thought it was hilarious.

Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:43 pm

'Warning MAY cause drowsiness'...on a box of sleeping pills 0_o

Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:18 pm

Setekh wrote:'Warning MAY cause drowsiness'...on a box of sleeping pills 0_o
hahaha... that's a funny one! who would take sleeping pills without knowing tha... *falls asleep*

Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:50 pm

Heh... do men wear sundresses? O_o

Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:29 am

:o sleeping pills causes drowsiness :o omg i didnt know that

Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:35 am

Hahahahhahah! XD *thinks* Wait, I don't get it...Heh heh...*runs off laughing* >, <;;
Topic locked