If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

A joke that will probably anger you

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:26 pm

Once upon a time there was a monastery at the top of a high hill that had once been an active volcano. The monks, in addition to their studies, would often garden, and their flowers were the envy of all of the villagers at the base of the mountain.

Eventually, the monks began to ignore their religious duties to spend more time with their flowers. They would grow their beautiful plants and sell them to the people in the surrounding villages, and use the funds to decorate their monastery and buy worldly goods.

The Pope received word of the monks going astray, and sent a messenger to request that they return to their work.

The messenger came back in two separate boxes.

The Pope, angered by this, sent a contingent of his Swiss Guard to take the monastery back by storm. The monks, aware of the troops' arrival, armed themselves. They pushed boulders down the hill, fired volleys of arrows, and released boiling oil on the crack soldiers...the soldiers retreated.

So the Pope unleashed Bishop Hugh.

Bishop Hugh stormed up the mountain, dodging boulders, ducking under arrows, and leaping across torrents of oil. He scaled the walls of the monastery and captured every one of the rogue monks.

The moral of the story?

(wait for it)

(just a bit more)

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:58 pm

That took me a while to get it, but quite funny! :)

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:20 am

hehe that's cute, I've never heard that before...only hugh haha :lol: . Thanks for the joke :)

Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:46 pm

Very good Shapu hehehe

Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:58 pm

:D made me laugh, very good!

Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:32 pm

Well, when I first tried to get onto this topic it wouldn't load, and I thought that was the joke :P

Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:51 pm

*awareness dawns* xD I get it. Took a while though. :P

Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:05 pm

Yeah, really, the only people who'd get it are US and Canadian citizens...after that, it's a bit out there.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:36 pm

Hehe....I got it right away. Not what I was expecting at all. :lol:

Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:31 am

:lol: That's a good one!!

Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:58 pm

Go Hugh! (oh, and I got the joke)

Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:38 pm

oh my that was bad.
funny-(ish) though.

Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:17 pm

shapu wrote:Yeah, really, the only people who'd get it are US and Canadian citizens...after that, it's a bit out there.

Also the Australians.

That joke did anger me. It angered me because I haden't heard it before and I thought it was very, very funny!

Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:38 pm

Mwahahaha! That's a good one...a really good one!

Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:38 am

That's a good one.
Topic locked