PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Phantom Brave and other TBSRPGs

Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:04 pm

Does anyone else here own Phantom Brave, or/and any of the other games made by Nippon Ichi Soft? I wanna buy Phantom Brave, but should I get Disgaea first? What is your opinion on these games?

Btw, TBSRPG stands for Turn-based strategy role-playing games.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:37 pm

I own Disgaea and I loved it. :)

All of the other games are different in their own respects (they aren't sequels or anything) so you can play whichever game you want to first. :)

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:49 pm

Kugetsu wrote:I own Disgaea and I loved it. :)

All of the other games are different in their own respects (they aren't sequels or anything) so you can play whichever game you want to first. :)

Okay, Do you know anywhere I can get Disgaea for cheap?

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:01 pm

You can buy it used just about anywhere. If you have a GameCrazy around there, I'd go there. They seem to have it most often than the other stores. But Electronic Boutique and Game Stop should have it as well. I got mine used at Game Crazy for $35 about 2 weeks after it came out. Not sure how much it costs now though.

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:03 pm

Kugetsu wrote:You can buy it used just about anywhere. If you have a GameCrazy around there, I'd go there. They seem to have it most often than the other stores. But Electronic Boutique and Game Stop should have it as well. I got mine used at Game Crazy for $35 about 2 weeks after it came out. Not sure how much it costs now though.

I'm in Canada, and I've never seen a Gamecrazy or a Gamestop. But I do have a EB, but they don't seem to have it, and when they do, it is like, 60$ :(

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:05 pm

Ahhhhh... Hmm... I don't know. You could always try Ebay or find it used online. :\ I forgot they would cost more there. Other than that, I haven't a clue. :\

Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:10 pm

Kugetsu wrote:Ahhhhh... Hmm... I don't know. You could always try Ebay or find it used online. :\ I forgot they would cost more there. Other than that, I haven't a clue. :\

Oh well, I'll just buy Phantom Brave.

Tue May 17, 2005 11:32 am

Heh, in Aus, they pulled Disgaea after 2 whole months on the shelf. It's damn near impossible to get it, so the fact that three people that go to the same RPG club own it is quite amusing. ^^

I'm one of them. I don't know if I'll be getting La Pucelle Tactics, but I'm really, really waiting for Makai Kingdom.

Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 am

Ledi wrote:Heh, in Aus, they pulled Disgaea after 2 whole months on the shelf. It's damn near impossible to get it, so the fact that three people that go to the same RPG club own it is quite amusing. ^^

I'm one of them. I don't know if I'll be getting La Pucelle Tactics, but I'm really, really waiting for Makai Kingdom.

Aye, that looks awazing, have you played Phantom Brave yet? I just rented it and I am going to buy it soon.

Tue May 17, 2005 1:46 pm

Disgaea, for a time was extremely difficult to find here as well. I've never seen it in a retail store, only used in shops that specialize in video games. x_x I hope I can find it again, because I wasn't thinking when I traded it in.

I'm planning on buying all of them (the Nippon Ichi games, if that's even the company x_x, I don't remember), but La Pucelle Tactics didn't interest me as much as Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom.

Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:56 pm

I was going to buy Phantom Brave but I read that you can be thrown off the map during the fight sequence so I didn't bother.

I'll stick to the Suikoden quadrilogy.

Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:05 pm

Why is being thrown of the map bad, let alone, how does it ruin a game? o_0
Topic locked