PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Video Game Buyers Guide

Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:24 pm

Need help buying video games, don't know if it is good or not? Just post here and ask!

I need help, should I buy:

Arc The Lad
Wild Arms 3
Twisted Metal:Black
Amplitude

I think all of the games are 10$ in Wal-Mart now, but I just want to know if they are good games.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:27 pm

It's Arc the Lad: Twilight of Souls correct? I'd buy that if it's being sold for $10. I greatly disliked Twisted Metal Black. My friend had it for a short period of time and then traded it in for another game. I don't know about the other two though, I think a friend may have rented Wild Arms 3 and it wasn't great (unless I'm thinking of another game) and I've played Amplitude, but I don't remember much about it (the objective and such).

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:38 pm

Kugetsu wrote:It's Arc the Lad: Twilight of Souls correct? I'd buy that if it's being sold for $10. I greatly disliked Twisted Metal Black. My friend had it for a short period of time and then traded it in for another game. I don't know about the other two though, I think a friend may have rented Wild Arms 3 and it wasn't great (unless I'm thinking of another game) and I've played Amplitude, but I don't remember much about it (the objective and such).

Yep, and I've played TM:B, it's okay. So I should get Arc, okay. I just got Downhill Domination for $10.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:43 pm

twisted metal was ok back in the day i don't know how that version is since i never played it,if you have a gamecrazy store in your location i suggest you go there where they actually let you you try the game before you buy them usually thats where i get my games from since its close by

Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:10 pm

Does anyone know sites with real cheap video games, but I want new ones.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:06 pm

jabond102 wrote:Does anyone know sites with real cheap video games, but I want new ones.

Ehh.... unless you get someplace on sale, the only place I can recommend is Gamespot. Normally, they're cheaper than Best Buy, plus they have a bigger selection. Other than that, wait until it goes down to Greatest Hit Price, Player's Choice, etc.

Note to all: Get games that are very long and involved. Or have good multiplayer. It really comes down to personal preference.

Amplitude: Sound based game/shooter whereas by playing, you remix songs on the game. I believe on Xbox you can insert your own tunes

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:16 am

Wild Arms 3 is good, but only if you like RPGs. :)

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:13 am

I need 2 advises!

I want to get a DS game, but should I wait until more games come out or what? <Reli wat to get Harvest Moon DS >_< >
Is there any new games for PC that is good, but suitable with these stats:

Processor :Pentium M (Dothan)
Processor speed: 1600 MHz
Amt of RAM: 512 MB (max 2048 MB)
Hard drive: 60 GB
Optical drive: DVD/CD-RW combo
Graphics hardware: Intel Extreme Graphics

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:45 am

dargonz wrote:I need 2 advises!

I want to get a DS game, but should I wait until more games come out or what? <Reli wat to get Harvest Moon DS >_< >

World of Warcraft.

Greatest.

MMORPG.

Ever.

And it'll also run perfectly on that ;)

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:30 pm

jabond102 wrote:Does anyone know sites with real cheap video games, but I want new ones.

new new? or slightly new games that are only a few months old? i guess you can try http://www.ebgames.com i ordered some stuff from there before and they worked fine but i dunno if they will have anything you want but check it out anyway

Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:22 am

I'm getting Amplitude and maybe Arc The Lad now. Also, what is everyone's opinion on Rez?

Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:12 am

Ok, Rez is amazing. Did you actually find a copy of it?!?!

Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:16 am

halfbakedbliss wrote:
dargonz wrote:I need 2 advises!

World of Warcraft.

Greatest.

MMORPG.

Ever.

And it'll also run perfectly on that ;)

But I don't want a MMORPG, cuz u hav to buy the game card and it takes up your limit in downloading...

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:41 am

Chanel wrote:Ok, Rez is amazing. Did you actually find a copy of it?!?!

Unfourtanetly no. I just wanted people's opinions on it, if I see it. But that isn't likely. Also, what is everone's opinion on Homeworld 2? I need a ship battling RTS, an this one seems good.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:47 pm

Chanel wrote:Ok, Rez is amazing. Did you actually find a copy of it?!?!

I have a copy of it! That game is absolutely life-changing, after playing that for only fifteen minutes, I came out not knowing which sense was sight and which was sound.
Topic locked