PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Other stuff

Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:33 pm

I looked through a couple of pages of this subforum and, while There were lots of threads on famous/popular games, there were none on games I would personally consider as good. This thread's for good but unheard of games which are worthy of a few posts but if a thread were made for each and every one, all those threads would rot.
I personally think Trackmania: Powerup and the monkey island series are the best games ever! So how's about some discussion of them to get things going?

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:04 pm

Freespace 2.
voted one of the 100 best games of all time (top 10)
to give you an idea, such "classics" as Halo: combat evolved and resident evil, didnt even make the list :)
gaming perfections is freespace2.
but, alas. it sold poorly. proving that people dont like games that challange you.
one fighter. against an endless armada of aliens whose motto seems to be: kill! maim! burn!
and you dont stand a freaking chance.

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:14 pm

I love Fire Emblem!!

And I liked the Dragon Warrior Mosnter series, but they weren't so popular. The second one is still a really great game, however (IMO).

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:19 pm

Are we limiting this to console stuff? Because I'm personally very fond of Princess Maker 2, an old life-simulation game. It's fun, and Cube is so cute! ^_^

[edited typo]
Last edited by MyleneFarmer on Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:01 am

MyleneFarmer wrote:Are we limiting this to console stuff? BEcause I'm personally very fond of Princess Maker 2, an old life-simulation game. It's fun, and Cube is so cute! ^_^

That was quite fun ^___^

Anyway, the game series I grew up with was The Settlers, I mean the good settlers, 2,3,4, Heritage of the Kings is crap. Not many people know of it.

Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:09 am

*Pokes siggy*

Jak II and Jak 3. It's kinda famous I guess, but not enough for a thread.

Everyone thinks that these are kid's games, but I challenge any average 'kid' to finish Jak II completely (100% with all 300 orbs :P). Those games have so much potential, but not many have played them.

Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:59 pm

Having upped my own rank to "Zombies Ate My Neighbors Official Fanboy", I must states that Zombies Ate My Neighbors owns all (the Sega Genesis Version especially). :P

Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Dood... your username is awesome!

I've always wanted to play Freespace 2...

Jak 2 is hard, I could never get past the 2nd or 3rd mission, where you have to deliver something...

RATCHET AND CLANK!

Sorry 'bout that, R&C rocks, best game ever.

Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:50 am

Actually the Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank series were pretty popular. :p *changes his sig* :D

...and yes, regardless of where you actually got your name from, it is indeed awesome.

OT: I'm guessing you've actually played Disgaea Sir Michael? Indeed the Prinnies are the best in that game (since that's where they came from).

Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:25 am

:o You couldn't finish Jak II? But you're like, the god of Playstation! :P

I've heard good stuff about Freespace 2. Wouldn't mind trying it out myself. I've heard it's really hard, heheh :evil:

Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:50 pm

Twisted Sanity wrote::o You couldn't finish Jak II? But you're like, the god of Playstation! :P

I've heard good stuff about Freespace 2. Wouldn't mind trying it out myself. I've heard it's really hard, heheh :evil:

YES! FELL MY WRATH!

What, it's feel... oh.

FEEL MY WRATH!

Yah, I also only rented it for a couple days. So I just fooled around and killed people and stole stuff.

I ahven't played Disgaea actually, but I've heard of the prinnies.

ZAMN is not better then R&C!

Hehee... ZAMN is one latter way from...

Anyways, yah.

Hmmm... unpopular but good games... I can't think of any... um...

Shadow of the Colossus!

Hey, it looks cool... go google it.

Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:33 pm

Beyond Good and Evil was a great game that nobody ever played. *sigh*

Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:25 pm

FrankieG wrote:Beyond Good and Evil was a great game that nobody ever played. *sigh*

Actually, on the contrary, many people played it, but many people didn't buy it.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:18 pm

Another one of my favourite series of games that never get that much attention (outside of Europe anyway), are the Sierra games like Caesar III, I just love building empires.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:20 pm

Christopher wrote:Another one of my favourite series of games that never get that much attention (outside of Europe anyway), are the Sierra games like Caesar III, I just love building empires.

I loved that game, but it never seemed to just "hit off". A game that was/is quite popular (i guess) is black and white. That was unique and fun to play, it's a shame it didn't get as big as it could of.
Topic locked