PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Mario Party 7

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:02 pm

Well considering I've been played Mario Party 4 a lot (On my sister's Gamecube), I decided to see when the next Mario Party was set to be released.

Apparently, the release date is tomorrow, November 7th. Now, I haven't seen any previews for it so can anyone confirm this?

This is where the release date is posted,

http://cube.ign.com/objects/748/748414.html

It's at the far right, a bit down. It's also listed at the main site.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:43 pm

whoa, 7 already? looks super cool. i only played mario party 2 but it was awesome. i sucked, but it was really fun with a bunch of people.

Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:35 am

It's a fun game and all, but isn't seven of them a bit much?

Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:09 am

Yeah...it's getting kinda old.

I have Mario Party 1-4, and by 4 it got really boring. But then again...I mostly played by myself. :P

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:19 pm

DiscordantNote wrote:It's a fun game and all, but isn't seven of them a bit much?

No, I love it too much. Honestly, it's really fun to play with people (I rarely play by myself) and I always enjoy their mini-game concepts.

And Yoshi, I have 4 and it's alright. I haven't play 1-3. I've played from beyond 4.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:18 am

The thing I'm most irked with is the fact that they keep recycling the mini-games. Often they'll say that they have (insert number here) new mini-games, and all that means is that they took old games, swapped up the theme and the graphics, and called it something else.

Also, the graphics are quite under par...

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:35 pm

Mario Party 7 has released on Novemeber 9th for Canada. I'm still trying to find a place I can rent it.

Edit:

Rogers Video is going to have it for rent starting November 14th.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:03 pm

once you play the earlier ones playing a new one seems silly but if your new to it,it will be more fun

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 pm

I am new to it, i played mario party 6 at my cousins house(~Lauren~)and i liked it so thats why im getting mario party 7 for christmas.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:16 pm

I bought it... game with my GC (finally I have a GC! >_>)

I think it's ok, nothing special. The board games are slow-paced though (even slow paced than before, in my opinion) and only SOME of the minigames are fun... I love the book flipping one, it's so cool.

I have 3 Mario Parties: 2, 3 and 7. I think um, the minigames on 2 were awesome, and 3 was ok. 7 is all right too, I guess, but nothing too special. As always, fun to play with friends :P.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:46 pm

I rented Mario Party 7 (Finally!) and it's not as good as I expected.

I agree with some points that Divine stated. The mini-games are okay, they're not special and only a few are fun. In my opinion, Mario Party 4 games are much better.

The worlds are really nice, I love how they had their own goals but the only world I hated was the Canal world. It was really boring (Perhaps because it was like all of the other Mario Party map games in the previous editions).

And you need to have a Mic to enjoy the game to its fullest. I didn't and there are like 10 Mic games so it takes away from the variety.

All in all, just rent this game.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:38 pm

I hope that they'll someday make a game with all the minigames ever. And boards that use everything.

In either 1 or 2 there was a minigame in which you had to get these mushrooms, and the thing they were in was spinning, and blue ones gave you more points. That is my all time favorite minigame for Mario Party. everf.

everf.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:54 am

I love Mario Party 7. The games are good but their are no games I really like or really hate. I think the best Mario Party is the 4th one.

Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:02 am

Tested wrote:I hope that they'll someday make a game with all the minigames ever. And boards that use everything.

They could make it "Mario Party Happy Fun Time ^_^" and it can be the last one.

I can't believe there's seven of these games already. I haven't played one.

Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:10 pm

and besides, which Mario fan has enough friends to play that game properly? :)
Topic locked