PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

StarCraft:Brood Wars and Regular

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:01 am

does anyone else play this great online game :D i love this game i rank it above diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction,

#1 Has more varies
#2 Ceate your own games/maps ( some ppl have made a mario party , and RESIDENT! EVIL! maps which are pretty wikkid)
#3 Aliens? , Bugs? and humans? where do you go wrong?
#4 so the graphics azre that great *lots of people leave*
#5 who wouldnt want to have some of the Zerg Race (Bugs) as a pet?
i mean look at them

UltraLisk
Hydralisk

or even the loveable ZERGling Image

For other units check out
Protoss (Advanced Aliens)
http://www.battle.net/scc/protoss/
Terran (Humans)
http://www.battle.net/scc/terran/
Zerg (BUGS!)
http://www.battle.net/scc/Zerg

Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:24 am

personally im waiting for starcraft 2 to come out, which should be awesome :) .

Unfortunatly, it is not listed under current projects of blizzard, so I have a couple of years to wait :(.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:12 am

endeavourl wrote:personally im waiting for starcraft 2 to come out, which should be awesome :) .

Not a chance.
Blizzard were sued into the ground by Games-workshop, but a settlement was made.
No Starcraft 2.
Not sure how the heck they got Ghost past it in all honesty.

Gimme Carnifexes, Raveners and Genestealers anyday.
Heck. A Genestelaer would PWN all the Zerg single-handedly.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:20 am

i use to play that game for hrs on end i prefer the UMS maps over everthing else, when i played i used the protoss and tested with the zerg time to time i hate the humans

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:19 am

I played Starcraft: Brood Wars for the first time yesterday (it was at a LAN party), and boy I'm horrible at that game lol

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:52 pm

Chanel wrote:I played Starcraft: Brood Wars for the first time yesterday (it was at a LAN party), and boy I'm horrible at that game lol

lol so was I when i first played it depends who you use and you have to practice with your favorite, humans i don't care for,the zerg are to crazy to start with so the protoss are the usually choice(love those darn cannons) :D

Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:24 pm

Dark Templars.
How i love Dark Templars :D

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:05 am

Argh I didn't know you could play it online. I never really got into starcraft.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:13 am

Setekh wrote:
endeavourl wrote:personally im waiting for starcraft 2 to come out, which should be awesome :) .

Not a chance.
Blizzard were sued into the ground by Games-workshop, but a settlement was made.
No Starcraft 2.
Not sure how the heck they got Ghost past it in all honesty.

Gimme Carnifexes, Raveners and Genestealers anyday.
Heck. A Genestelaer would PWN all the Zerg single-handedly.

I wasnt aware of this :( . Did Games workshop have a similar game that blizzard copied off of?

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:43 pm

Zerg = Tyranids apparently.
The -then current- "nd edition of Warhammer 40K bore some interesting semblances to Starcraft, which they were initially willing to drop.
But Blizzard did somthing which really Po'd GW (dont know what mind) and they sued over interlectual property.

So it is said anyway, i know there was legal action taken (easy enough to find with the right contacts ;) ) But as for what exactly came of it, i dont know.

All we do know is that theres about as much chance of Starcraft 2 as there is of Fire-Warrior winning an award for anything other than "Most MEH game of the past"

Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:13 am

Setekh wrote:Zerg = Tyranids apparently.
The -then current- "nd edition of Warhammer 40K bore some interesting semblances to Starcraft, which they were initially willing to drop.
But Blizzard did somthing which really Po'd GW (dont know what mind) and they sued over interlectual property.

So it is said anyway, i know there was legal action taken (easy enough to find with the right contacts ;) ) But as for what exactly came of it, i dont know.

All we do know is that theres about as much chance of Starcraft 2 as there is of Fire-Warrior winning an award for anything other than "Most MEH game of the past"

Aw man. I wonder if blizzard will release anymore of those real time strategy games...without the heroes of wc3.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:19 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:Argh I didn't know you could play it online. I never really got into starcraft.

sure can and for free no less :D

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:22 pm

I would play Starcraft more often, but I typically find myself being destroyed far too quickly.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:03 pm

this got a alot of responses :O

add me on UsEAST u)L-OnionKilla

SC ghost comes out soon :D

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:19 am

check out the pmpest plays for 2002-04

http://www.sclegacy.com/features/pimpestplays_2004.php

look on the left side bar for more.

loved this site when i was into SC :D
Topic locked