PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Mario Kart DS

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:32 pm

Hey. Just wondering if anyone has got this game yet. I got mine this morining from Amazon and it ROCKS!

I haven't been online yet with it because my Wi-Fi Dongle (The USB Wi-Fi Connector to give it the full name, but Wi-Fi Dongle just sounds better) but I'm thinking of going to my local McDonalds, getting a coke and sitting down to a vs match with people in Hong Kong.

Man, I never thought I'd say that in my life.

Re: Mario Kart DS

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:45 pm

Ixistant wrote:Man, I never thought I'd say that in my life.

Well, that's why Nintendo roxorz, duh.
I think I'll start a PPT meet-up thread for people to schedule games for it, once I get it. Until then, I need to buy it and learn the Wi-Fi interface. Then I'll make a tourney with the prize money I'm probably about to get in Big Brother.
no, that's reserved for a set contest.
whatever. I need this, that's all.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:38 am

Yeah, I got it. :) It's pretty awesome. It's pretty much like playing Mario Kart 64 on a handheld, which rocks.

Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:42 am

I've got it too. Brings back memories of Mario Kart 64, I was so good with DK. I havn't been able to play though, grounded. Hahah....

Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:05 pm

I got my Wi-Fi Connector today and the Wi-fi is great!! I think we should all swap friend codes.

Mine is 468211-849021

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:46 pm

Good luck Santa, I think I only got lucky once. But the game is good. If only vs. mode was online... *sighs*

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:16 pm

I'm so broke I have to wait till Christmas to get it :( Anyone know who the unlockable charactors are?

Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:32 pm

Kidnemo wrote:I'm so broke I have to wait till Christmas to get it :( Anyone know who the unlockable charactors are?

Yep. Daisy, Waluigi, Dry Bones and R.O.B

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:07 pm

Geez why on earth is Dry Bones suddenly in every Mario game all of a sudden? What are ROB's karts like?

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:11 pm

I dunno, I haven't unlocked him yet :P. But don't diss Dry Bones. He rocks!

Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:13 pm

I'm sure he does but I can't believe they got rid of my beloved Koopa :cry:

Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:37 am

Wow I might actually buy this game :o Apart from the game and the console, is there anything else I need?

Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:03 am

If you want to play online in your home then you will need a wifi dongle, other wise there are wifi access points at places like McDonalds and cinemas have it over here (UK).

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:43 pm

I thought this game would be awesome, been waiting ages to get it.

But after playing it for a few days, I'm actually not that impressed with it.

The single cart download play was fun at first, until I realised that the other person/people can only play as shy guy and theres only 2 cups (8 tracks) to race on.

Also, the missions weren't terribly interesting - race through numbered hoops, smash boxes.

The Grand Prix was good, but again, after unlocking all tracks on all speeds, it tends to all feel a bit monotonous. Even on Mirror Mode, the races don't tend to pose too much of a problem. Plus, even after unlocking everything, I've still not seen Bullet Bill or a Blooper. Bloopers have been used against me, but I've never received one.

Maybe if the 2 player mode had more than character, and more courses, it would hold my interest better.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:21 pm

The bloopers are so common to me and yes I have Mario Kart DS. Please PM me if you want my friend code.
Topic locked