PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

The Square-Enix Review

Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:30 am

Howdy, again everybody. Hope you people had a wonderful holiday.

Since many of here love this company, let's review where they are with what. Because many of you are impatient...like me.

FF-XII: End of 2006 (?) Demo with Dragon Warrior VIII
KH2: Out in Japan 12/05. U.S release: March-ish...hopefully
FFVII: AC: Out in Japan. U.S release: Delayed from Winter to Summer 2006 (crud...)

That's all. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:25 am

Whats FFVII: AC? A remake of the game or the movie..

The movie came out a while ago...

Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:42 am

Only the Japanese version of AC has been released so far, the American release was supposed to be this month, but it's been pushed back to the end of March. Only the Japanese and Fan-Subbed videos (which is going around the internet) are out for watching (though there's a spoof version as well, which is hilarious (and also obviously fan-made). xD) Unfortunately, though, I think it was greatly overhyped (maybe i'm the only one that thinks that...). :\

Final Fantasy XII is supposedly (though it's hasn't been official, I think) being released in August, or at least this summer. I want to play the demo, but I don't have $50 to shell out to buy Dragon Warrior, which I haven't been convinced of playing yet. :\ I've heard there are still some problems that need to be corrected, but I still want to play it so badly. >_<

Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:56 am

Can't wait for FF XII (which is coming out in March in Japan I believe)...

and KH2...

and I'm counting down the days until FF VII: AC comes out in English (was supposed to be Dec 7th here, then it got delayed until the 10th May)

But I'd rather have to wait for awesome games (and count down the days until they come out) then suffer through not-so-awesome ones. :)

Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:50 am

I played the demo of FFXII, and it's terrible. The battles are boring and is really not put together. It needs a lot of work, I wouldn't buy it if they don't fix it up.

Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:55 pm

mogster500 wrote:I played the demo of FFXII, and it's terrible. The battles are boring and is really not put together. It needs a lot of work, I wouldn't buy it if they don't fix it up.

They've got half a year to fix it up (well it's not even really nearly done yet), I'm sure there's a lot more to it than the demo. ;)

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:20 am

Kugetsu wrote:
mogster500 wrote:I played the demo of FFXII, and it's terrible. The battles are boring and is really not put together. It needs a lot of work, I wouldn't buy it if they don't fix it up.

They've got half a year to fix it up (well it's not even really nearly done yet), I'm sure there's a lot more to it than the demo. ;)

Yep, we need to see how upgrades go. Besides, I think things are going to get a lot crazier.

Uhh...ummm....Ria? Is that Kairi in your set?

About that AC (Advent Children, for those who have never heard of acronyms), I would hope that SE (...) would make their own spoof. Just imagine... ;)

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:22 am

Kevco wrote:Uhh...ummm....Ria? Is that Kairi in your set?

It is; KH2 Kairi.

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:22 am

well i can review this MMORPG

FFXI Online: Rise of the Zilart & Chains of Promathia:
This game is great for me. i thought i would get the hang of it, but now i do. i started as WHite Mage (don't know the level) w/ no subjob and then i started to become a better SuMmoNer. when i was level 51 WHM and then quited that job temp for teleports to make money and now SMN is my highest job now. i have full AFs, but i'm not wearing those evoker's bracers which is bad for avatars cuz it converts the avatar damage to MP so i thought carbuncle's mitts would better for me and yeah i soloed the uggalepih offering and then when i got killed, i reraised and made a run for it and then casted warp to get back to my home point. i've became a better melee summoner to skill up my staff. the bad part of this game is the economy change. some people keep changing the price of the items on the auction house and some item prices get weird like raising or lowering.

Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:23 am

Kevco wrote:
Kugetsu wrote:

Yep, we need to see how upgrades go. Besides, I think things are going to get a lot crazier.

Uhh...ummm....Ria? Is that Kairi in your set?

About that AC (Advent Children, for those who have never heard of acronyms), I would hope that SE (...) would make their own spoof. Just imagine... ;)

Yep thats Kairi in ria's sig. In the new trailer it shows shows the old kairi becoming the new one. If you haven't watched it go check out the KH thread its really good.

Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:12 am

Yep... they're right... 'tis Kairi, my old set had Kairi and Namine... I love that intro (I've watched it about a billion times) and I love Kairi's new look!

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:51 am

If my internet connection was faster, I'd watch the trailers...Alas, it isn't.

I love all of the characters new looks. Really shows that they've changed, matured, and the like. They're also a tad less, well, cartoony than they were in the first game.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:00 pm

I think all the delays are really going to be worth it. From the trailers I've seen of Final Fantasy XII and playing through the demo, I think it is going to be amazing. I haven't looked this forward to a Final Fantasy game in a long time; I hope it doesn't end up disappointing me like a few others have. I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts II more, but it'll be here in no time now.

Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:54 pm

At least March 30th is the official date.

BTW, Howdy Rikku!

Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:41 am

Dirge of Cerberus (takes place after Advent Children) is also supposed to be out here in the U.S. by the end of this year. It just was released recently in Japan, though I don't know the exact date.

March 30th can't come soon enough!
Topic locked