PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Own Pokemon Gold or Silver? Read this.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:19 pm

While browing through my old Pokemon games, I realized that my Pokemon Gold and Silver version games were gone. The actual game pak was still there, but thanks to the death of the internal battery, twas only the plastic shell and "new game" screen that remained. I advise you to check your game, as there may be an epidemic as the games approach the six-year age mark. As for what to do, I am not sure. I'm e-mailing Nintendo right now. Good luck with your games!

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:05 pm

My gold version died, but silver still works. :D

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:32 pm

Why specificly Gold/Silver though? occures with all games.
Except my Tetris it seems.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:41 pm

There's a battery for the clock. So when that dies, it won't keep track of saved games.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:14 am

So eventually the same will happen to Ruby/Sapphire, even though the clock supposedly has 'already died' in some cases?

And does this apply to Crystal?

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:32 am

Well. If it is, it gives me a reason to trade in my Gameboy Colour at Gamestop. But last I checked my Pokemon Blue worked from.. Wow.. Ages ago..

Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:26 am

Another reason to play with VBA :roll:

Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:35 pm

843 wrote:Another reason to play with VBA :roll:

yup, but oddly, my battery seems to have died there too. or i got the game like that

Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:07 pm

This would probably apply to all games that require a save file. I can't find my Gold/Silver/Crystal games, but I bought long after they came out so I might have a little life left.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:14 pm

Does this occur with the red/blue/yellow games, because for me, all three of them still have the save file, and I used the heck out of those games.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:32 pm

I went swimming with my pokemon ruby cartridge in my pocket by accident once, when you start the game it now says "the internal battery has run dry, you can still save games but clock based events will no longer occur"

they must have upgraded the technology when they moved to advance.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:09 pm

The truth of the matter is all cartridge games will lose internal battery power after some amount of time and your games will no longer save. Some just seem to hold up better than others. My silver is working fine and i bought it from a flea market recently so I know it has had more abuse than games i'd normally own. I haven't seen trouble with any of my games short of a couple snes ones and I really think they are more worn down and falling apart rather than having a battery problem... but it will happen.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:32 pm

Not to promote VBA or anything, but atleast you can still save with it's personal clientside feature. 'Tis a shame, I use it myself now. :roll:

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:40 am

I havn't played my Silver and Crystal to recently, but I have played them in the last month or so. Both were working properly when I did play.

This sounds like a real game-screwer to me...

My emerald version was having issues with berrys growing. Oo; They'd just disapear and not grow. But I started it over and everything appears fine. I do know there's some sort of "berry glitch" that needed fixing in some emerald games, but I find it strange it went away when I restarted my game.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:45 pm

my school friend (white boy with glasses) had a problem with his saved game file. when he's at the main menu, the continue isn't there. my other school friend (black blind boy) had a silver version and he had no problems with it.
Topic locked