PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Spore

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:34 am

This gameplay is hot.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 98&q=spore

IF you enjoy any type of gameplay, this game is for you. If you enjoy life, this game is for you. If you hate life, watch this, and you'll want to live for another year so you can play it.

35 minutes, but TOTALLY WORTH IT

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:04 pm

WOAH!!!

that is amazing!!!

I sat in front of my PC, just looking at it.. honestly... that is the first time a game like that has been made! You start of as a cell and end up conquering other galaxies? just wonderful!!

(with some luck they even could recreate the Star Wars galaxy ^_^)

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:34 am

Oh... my.... goodness.... *faints*

Must... get game....

THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL!

:D

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 am

Like I said when I saw it, ZOmg! Conquering Carebear Empires!

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:28 am

Haha everyone falls instantly in love with this game. Carebares help.

I'm going to make a race of JubJubs and stuff, i'd love to make a planet called Neopia!

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:39 pm

I didn't watch the whole thing (I'll do it later), but that's awesome! I want it. xP

I can see why everyone loves it; it's made by Will Wright and Maxis. :P

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:16 pm

Wow.

Seriously, wow.

But dare I ask what specs your PC will need? I'm far to short to get even Civ 4 - How much would I have to spend to play this?

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:04 pm

JhasNeeh wrote:Wow.

Seriously, wow.

But dare I ask what specs your PC will need? I'm far to short to get even Civ 4 - How much would I have to spend to play this?

my processor will probably go so warm and loud it'll go back in time or something
or it makes another weird sounds (which I get when playing F.E.A.R) and seem as if it's talking to me ^.^

oh well, back on topic...
I wonder if you can make multiple species on one planet, that would be awesome

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:54 am

omg, when will this come out? I WANT ITT!!!!

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:06 am

Topher wrote:omg, when will this come out? I WANT ITT!!!!

In the US... sometime in Fall this year

In Aus.... around 3-6 months after our Spring most likely :(

(Definitely begging my dad to take a trip to the US in Spring and buy it... one of the few blessings in the gaming industry is that PC games work on computers in both the US and Aus (unlike console games) :P )

Expect more info at E3!! ...hopefully :lol:

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:33 pm

ria wrote:
Topher wrote:omg, when will this come out? I WANT ITT!!!!

In the US... sometime in Fall this year

In Aus.... around 3-6 months after our Spring most likely :(

(Definitely begging my dad to take a trip to the US in Spring and buy it... one of the few blessings in the gaming industry is that PC games work on computers in both the US and Aus (unlike console games) :P )

Expect more info at E3!! ...hopefully :lol:

Yeah, i'm totally getting it mailed over.

JhasNeeh wrote:Wow.

Seriously, wow.

Seriously, Civ 4? why would you buy that game? You know little children were murdered to create that game? Thats right, they bottled the PURE EVIL and turned it into a game. That game was - civilization.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:00 pm

zorg wrote:
Seriously, Civ 4? why would you buy that game? You know little children were murdered to create that game? Thats right, they bottled the PURE EVIL and turned it into a game. That game was - civilization.

It's true, I had to murder several children myself in order to install it, and another couple to patch it. But it was all worth it.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Wow. I've already got some ideas, but I hope you can customize the UFOs and make flying/floating/slithering creatures.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:16 am

DiscordantNote wrote:Wow. I've already got some ideas, but I hope you can customize the UFOs and make flying/floating/slithering creatures.

According to my research (i.e. rewatching the original video roughly 3 times while showing it to various family members and looking up fan sites/interviews for more info) you CAN customise the UFOs, they're like any other vehicle. And I'm sure you can create flying creatures (no cities in the sky though) not sure about floating/slithering though.... :D

Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:09 am

If the original interview is anything to go by you have the complete powers of Evolution in your hands.
So yes.

Unicron planet killer, here I come.
Topic locked