PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Any Elder Scrolls Players

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:30 am

Anyone here play the Elder Scrolls Series? It's only 2 days left untilt the release of Oblivion, so I'm REALLLY anxious. Can't think, can't sleep, I can still eat though. That'll end too once I'm 14 hours deep in puzzle-solving, dungeon looting, and major NPC bloodbaths. The last time life was this crazy is when I started playing World of Warcraft. Anyway, anyone else waiting for the releas of Oblivion?

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:07 pm

Psst- This goes in Console and PC Gaming. Moving it there now :)

I've never played it, but it sounds like fun...

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:10 pm

I've played Morrowind and I like it a lot, but it gets me motion sick, so I can't play for long. >.<

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:25 pm

Ooh I must have missed this topic :) I was waiting for Oblivion for ages and now that I have it... *sighs happily* Awesome, awesome game - even better than I was expecting it to be.

In short, my new favourite game. Beware though - only play if you have time to spare, this game can take over your life!

Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:20 pm

What is it about?

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:19 pm

It's an RPG with a huge amount of different directions to go in. I'm not going to go into the main quest plot but you choose which race/species you want to be, customise your look (there are about 40+ setting to tweak face shape and so on) and you can then go about your merry way. The game is HUGE with quests all over the place.

You can ride horses or go by foot, stick to the paths or go into the miles of countryside, ruins and dungeons, spend your time bartering with shopkeepers or fighting in the arenas, learning more magic or... etc. It's endless! Also you can join the various guilds to do jobs for them, I'm in the thieves guild myself though I'll probably end up in all of them eventually.

The game is hugely pretty, you can see screenshots here: http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

And it is very very addictive, so be warned!

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:34 am

Oblivion = Pure Pleasure.

Golly gosh its good,

Morrowind was good aswell, obliv is better (of course).

I cant even begin to explain!

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:40 pm

i used to play Daggerfall, but not anymore. when i played it, i gained more confidence on playing it. my custom class was paladin and then i was lucky to have magical stuff, orcish and daedric equipment. i sold most of the useless stuff and i was in the mage guild and then after each quest, i go in the inn/pub and then rest up until the guild opens and then i repeat the process again, but i sell the useless stuff and then i improve skills inside the inn/pub. i didn't get trouble by the guards though.
Topic locked