PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

What PC Games should I buy?

Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:12 pm

Well, for the longest time I've had a crappy computer that most PC games never worked on.

Thankfully, we're getting a new computer soon. I've done some research- and it looks like it will be good for gaming.

So, since I've never really payed much attention to PC games before, I'm a little lost.

I'm looking for suggestions on what are some fun games. I would prefer they aren't pay to play, but multiplayer would be fun (I'm not sure if there are multiplayer games that aren't P2P?). I'm not a huge fantasy type person, I suppose.

So- help would be greatly appreciated.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:33 pm

Try looking into Maplestory. It's a MMORPG and best of all free to play. I believe there's even a thread lurking around on this very board.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Battlefield 2 is one of the best FPS' I've ever played combined with a little strategy if you decide to become commander. Teamwork is essential to overpower the opposition and a wide range of kits from Medic to Special Forces and an array of vechiles to choose from, every game is a great game :D

Of course you have to buy it from shops or whatnot, but it's quite cheap now as it's been out for quite a while :)

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:33 pm

If you are a fan of Star Wars, or just a fan of First Person Shooters, then Star Wars Battlefront II is a great game. You can play on your own, with there being campaign mode, galactic conquest (control fleets, have to try and take planets from the opposition) and instant action, allowing you to choose the levels as you wish. Various levels let you play with extra options, aswell. Such as hunt mode, which lets you play as the indiginous creatures of the planet. The internet option allows you to play with many different people online, all you need is an internet connection - No cost at all. Good graphics and a good game overall. Try it! :)

Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:22 pm

bradley_none wrote:If you are a fan of Star Wars, or just a fan of First Person Shooters, then Star Wars Battlefront II is a great game. You can play on your own, with there being campaign mode, galactic conquest (control fleets, have to try and take planets from the opposition) and instant action, allowing you to choose the levels as you wish. Various levels let you play with extra options, aswell. Such as hunt mode, which lets you play as the indiginous creatures of the planet. The internet option allows you to play with many different people online, all you need is an internet connection - No cost at all. Good graphics and a good game overall. Try it! :)

This man speaks the truth. Battlefront II is brilliant, much better than the first.

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:05 am

if you're a FFXI player, you can get FFXI Online treausre of aht urgan, but you must have FFXI RotZ and CoP first.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:10 pm

i'd recommend counter strike, warcraft 3, and FEAR

im pretty sure that CS and WC3 are free to play online as long as your game is legit, you gotta ask someone else about fear tho...

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:15 pm

I highly recommend Starcraft. It's really cheap and the multiplayer's free. Only problem is you'll probably keep getting owned in multiplayer unless you master it really quickly because people have spent all eight years of its existence playing it. It's still fun though.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:39 pm

yea, starcraft is great, make shure you pass the game without cheating before you play online,

youll get pwnd by ppl like my friend whos pro, i know from experience

Bnet is cool just don't announce yourself as a New Member, ppl will take

advantage of your newness, starcraft online also has its own culture and if you like it, youll find yourself running bots and joining clans and stuff....

Thu May 04, 2006 9:27 pm

If you have a lot of space (you should have a whole ton, considering this is a new computer,) get Sims 2. Soooo much better than Sims 1 - the verisimilitude is phenomenal, and you feel like your Sims have a purpose to life, you know?

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:30 am

I'm going to say Sims Theme Park.. does that fit in this category? ha

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Tharkun wrote:If you have a lot of space (you should have a whole ton, considering this is a new computer,) get Sims 2. Soooo much better than Sims 1 - the verisimilitude is phenomenal, and you feel like your Sims have a purpose to life, you know?

Yes. The Sims 2 is so much better. You can do much more on it. The graphics and hairstyles and clothing is much better. You can ever get toddlers and teenagers in your family. It's a lot like real life!

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:32 pm

Final fantasy XI Online, but you need to have a playonline account first b4 playing.
Topic locked