PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Wii Price Announced For The Wii

Thu May 25, 2006 2:16 pm

Wii Price Revealed

¥25,000 in Japan, $250 in the USA and the UK pricing will be in line with the Japanese and American prices, so it'll most likely be between £135-150.

Oh, and say the name out loud if you don't get it. And remember that I'm from Scotland. And then think to yourself "Dear god, that joke was AWFUL!"

Thu May 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Hehehe good one stu...

*thinks the complete opposite*

Thu May 25, 2006 7:48 pm

$250 USD or less. That's still not the final price and it's been the assumed maximum price for ages, so I'm afraid this news isn't exactly new, though it's nice to hear a confirmation. The assumed minimum price is $99 USD, by the way (I doubt it'll cost that little at lauch though...that'd be insane).

Thu May 25, 2006 9:49 pm

Compared to the prices of other gaming systems, I was actually fairly happy to see this.

Thu May 25, 2006 11:54 pm

I wish it could be 199 USD, like all the other Nintendo consoles were IIRC :P. Or lower.

But I'm probably not going to get a Wii right away anyway. I'll wait for a price drop xD.

Fri May 26, 2006 4:58 am

Wow, I can't earn that much by November. :o Might as well wait for a price drop or when Christmas arrives.

Fri May 26, 2006 6:14 am

Heh, I'll have to save up about 1k by November. That should be fun. Why couldn't they release the Wii earlier (I know it's because of Christmas, and it will get amazing sales then, but that's the reason I DON'T want consoles released in November, probable shortages)

Fri May 26, 2006 2:09 pm

I think that's a reasonable price for all the cool features it has. And I got more than enough money for that, just yesterday. :P

Sun May 28, 2006 5:39 am

I am so buying it!

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:16 pm

Bangel wrote:Compared to the prices of other gaming systems, I was actually fairly happy to see this.

Me too, I might actually get it! I first thought it was going to be like, $400!

Price drop? I like your style. :)

Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Divine wrote:I wish it could be 199 USD, like all the other Nintendo consoles were IIRC :P. Or lower.

But I'm probably not going to get a Wii right away anyway. I'll wait for a price drop xD.

It's possible that they were planning on making it $199, but after seeing the price on the PS3, realized they could get more money out of consumers. <$250 is cheap compared to the other consoles.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:39 am

OMG YES!!!

I'm probably going to be able to actually afford this one! :D
Topic locked