PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Apple + Nintendo?!

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:13 am

It's only a rumor, but a few sites have posted the rumor that Apple might be looking into buying Nintendo.

I personally can't really see that happening, but I think it would be kinda interesting. I mean, Apple and Nintendo are two of my most favorite companies, and both have the same kind of following (as the site puts it, bordering on religiously devout).

Link to Story

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:28 am

Probably won't happen. They may form a partnership, but I don't see either one of them making a move to purchase or merge with the other.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:50 am

I am leaning towards "No" more than "Yes". Why? Apple's OSs are known for media and graphic production and games are very much in the hindsight due to developer and third-party support. Secondly, Nintendo is a very exclusive company that promotes un-business like procedures. I love Nintendo, but they are not about business as much as making what they love. Their philosophies collide against each other, and in no way does Nintendo want to lose their freedom to act stupid.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 am

I think we'd be more likely to see Apple buy Microsoft or Sony than nintendo :P

Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:10 pm

I just don't see it...no way would my beloved gamecube become another apple!

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:24 pm

If apple buys nintendo, there is no way I am going to buy their next console.

Not happening

Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:33 pm

The Wii looks kind of looks like an Apple product, but that's where the similarities end.
I really don't see this happening. Apple and Nintendo are completely different companies with different goals.

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:13 pm

SHARKY wrote:If apple buys nintendo, there is no way I am going to buy their next console.

Why?
Topic locked