PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Wind Waker help?

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:45 pm

I picked up Wind Waker a few weeks ago because I wanted to play it...I never beat it when it first came out because I was so angry that they took out Epona :P

Anyway - I have all the Triforce charts deciphered, and on my IN-credible map, the locations of the Triforce shards are showed, yadda yadda. I successfully retrieved one, but now whenever I visit a square where there is supposed to be a shard, there is no glowy-into-the-water-thing that indicates a treasure (or in this case, Triforce shard) to be drug up. I went to...two or three different squares where there should be a shard, but no dice.

Do I have to find them all in order, or something?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:11 pm

There's no order you need to find them in. I'm sure you've noticed that the glows go away if you get too close...so maybe you should move around a bit in the square beforr you give up looking. It may be behind something too.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:44 am

I did try that, that's why it's driving me all crazy :cry:

Ah well, I'll try again. Perhaps it's hiding behind part of the island or something.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:40 am

I can't quite remember... but aren't one or two of the Triforce shards on ghost ships? (or was that something else?) You talk to a fish to find out about it, and then you need to come back when the moon is in a certain phase.

When I got stuck with Zelda, I cheated and looked up what to do in a game faq such as this one :oops: (the gamefaqs website is really good for all your game hint needs!)

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:12 am

mazil wrote:I can't quite remember... but aren't one or two of the Triforce shards on ghost ships? (or was that something else?) You talk to a fish to find out about it, and then you need to come back when the moon is in a certain phase.

Their charts were on ghost ships...not the actual shards.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:50 am

DiscordantNote wrote:Their charts were on ghost ships...not the actual shards.

Ahhh, oops! I forget things too quickly, it was only a few months ago that I was playing. Sorry Eidolon! Hope you're enjoying Zelda, by the way. Zelda is great <3

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:48 pm

Oh yes, I love Zelda <3 hehe, I'm such a nintendo fangirl. But really, I've played the 64 games so many times. I can't wait till Twilight Princess comes out, I might die of anticipation. And I do like Wind Waker...but I still complain at the lack of Epona XD

Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:43 am

Hmmm have you tried making it night?
Topic locked