PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:11 pm

The PS2 Naruto has finally been released state-side! I picked up my copy last night, and I must say it's pretty good :)

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:30 pm

Yeah, I wanted to pick it up last Friday, but I misinterpreted the released date and then spent most of my paycheck before it was even released. x_x I'm going to pick it up next week though, unless I somehow get enough money to pay for it in the next couple of days.

I really want to play it, though. I've done a lot of reading on it and I want to try the SSB-esque battle system (and as far as I know, it stands up pretty well on it's own).

Of course, because it's a game based on an anime, it will get a bad rep if you read anywhere in magazines about it. >_>

I'm excited and I want it. >_<

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:26 am

I juuust unlocked all the characters in the game :D Now they just need to hurry up and release the 2nd and 3rd ones in the U.S. too now <3

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:03 am

Haha, just bought it tonight. :D

I'm at the stage where I just press buttons, but try not to button-mash *too* much. It hasn't been too difficult so far, but I heard that some of the missions further in the game are harder than they should be. Luckily, I'm not there yet. x)

SPOILERS...?
So far I've only unlocked Neji, and I just unlocked Hinata's Story Mode.

Out the the characters I've used (which only consist of Shikamaru, Lee, and Neji, I'm going to have to say Neji's my favourite at the moment (though his 3rd Ougi is annoying after you do it enough times. "64 PALMS!" *cringes*)

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:40 pm

Yeah I really wish they would've given us the option to listen to the Japanese voices. Some of the missions are annoying, but not fiendishly hard like some people say they are XD I can help anyone with a difficult mission as long as you post the mission requirements here (I'm too lazy to go back and look myself if you just say "I need help on mission 3!")

Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:44 pm

Ugh, it took me forever to figure out that "Do more than three additional blows to the enemy" meant more then three ougis. x_x I wish they weren't so vague.

Now to get 999 useless items and clear out the item machines. xD

Edit - Agh, additional blows aren't ougis, they're the throwing sequences. *sigh*
Topic locked