PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Nintendo DS marketing campaign

Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:05 am

Who here has seen the new nintendo ds marketing campaign. A lot of people are saying that it is to provocative. What do you think?

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:48 am

Provocative? Explain plzkthnkz

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:29 pm

I have to watch those commercials every day at the beginning of school. I can see how they could be provocative, but I think that's just a stupid way of advertising. I think they could have done much better than that...

Just so we are on the same wavelength, you ARE talking about the black screen with the rectangles right? The one that goes "Touch the bottom rectangle... you know you want to... come on... touch me" Or something along those lines? I know there's another one also.

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:41 pm

Kugetsu wrote:Just so we are on the same wavelength, you ARE talking about the black screen with the rectangles right? The one that goes "Touch the bottom rectangle... you know you want to... come on... touch me" Or something along those lines? I know there's another one also.

Oh, you're talking about THAT one... at first I though this topic was about the other one... I've only seen the "Touch me" thing once, and yes, it IS stupid. And I love Nintendo and all, but sometimes they do tend to make stupid comercials. I still don't get the one for LOZ: The Wind Waker. O_o
( I THINK that's what that comercial was for... O_O I don't even really KNOW...)

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:04 pm

I don't know, I think those commercials are funny.

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:42 pm

Ah, now that comic in VGcats.com makes perfect sense :)

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:02 pm

OFFTOPIC: Urthdigger? THE Urthdigger? Wait, do you know a "Yonis" somebody?

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:03 pm

That was a weird commercial.
"Touch it."

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:12 pm

That commercial made me think of odd things... :roflol:

Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:51 am

Has anyone else seen the OTHER commercial. Starring Pontius and Steve-O of Jack@$$ and Wildboyz? Yeah, that was kinda funny. Especially when the tiger scratches Steve-O, but he still beats Pontius one-handed at Metroid. I believe they also did a promo for Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:41 pm

They are both funny and I am glad they are targetting an older audience. They have also put some not so G-rated stuff in some men's magazines. You can see both ads on nintendo's website. They are really funny.

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:19 am

Atamand wrote:That was a weird commercial.
"Touch it."

I know. Especially when I first saw it at around 7:45 in the morning...

The voice is freakish too. And spiffy. "This isn't a test." (Or atleast I think it says that...)

Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:25 am

Zero wrote:That commercial made me think of odd things... :roflol:

You dirty, dirty person!

*had thought odd things as well*

Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:42 am

As did my whole classroom, including me. Of course, that's what I think they were going for. :)

I don't see why Nintendo would try to attract older gamers, since I doubt the M rating games to E rating game ratio is going to change much from the GBA to the DS. More like "false subliminal messaging" rather than "targeting an older audience" if you ask me.

Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:06 pm

Kugetsu wrote:As did my whole classroom, including me. Of course, that's what I think they were going for. :)

I don't see why Nintendo would try to attract older gamers, since I doubt the M rating games to E rating game ratio is going to change much from the GBA to the DS. More like "false subliminal messaging" rather than "targeting an older audience" if you ask me.

they are doing it because sony has called them a kiddy company many times. Now, they can easily make some games that deserve an M. It has as much power, if not more, than the N64 and that had quite a few M titles.
Topic locked