Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Don't you understand that the XBox 360 just turns around and ends up where it started? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Heh, when I was researching if there were other things said on the origin of the XBox 360's name, I found this:

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/d/7d ... 45b824.jpg

That's probably the only thing I found the whole time I looked (I'm guessing that's what you mean though). :P

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Kugetsu wrote:
KillerRay wrote:
zorg wrote:
One thing we have skipped, is the xbox name. Everyone has kind of skipped over that, but

the xbox 360?

PS3 I get, you know, PS1, PS2, PS3, it seems normal. The Revolution is revolutionary.. but the xbox likes circles? doesn't work >.>

fanboy..

360 comes from both the ps3 and revolution.

3 matching ps3.. and add 60 to make a full revolution.

so hard to understand?

You... realize that if he were a fanboy, it would probably be to the XBox, right?

Where did you get that information from? I've read nothing other than "XBox 2 makes the system sound inferior." which is true. If my competitors were making the PS6, I wouldn't name my console the XBox5. I don't think the number 360 makes it sound superior, but it's much better than 2 (and they're basically doing a 360 anyway. Last generation, the Xbox was released last and the graphics were the best, this time they released first and the graphics may end up being the worst in the end [though no one can know until Nintendo actually releases some graphics for us.])

I give MS more credit than to come up with a way of making their name with that method. If that's how they did it, they fail at math (which would be hilarious since math is heavily required for their job...). The 3 in PS3 is not even required, and I'm sure they're more original than to steal their name from other consoles because they can't think of one.

Well.. it does look like they took the 2 and put it together BUT BUT..

It is like a 5-10 year old idea.. Remember Sega? Where Peter Moore was incharge of marketng as well. And remember the orange circles ;)? They took that and made it green and better :P

Nintendo has already stated that their hardware will be weaker than the Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's. And the Playstation 3's and Xbox 360's graphics will be identical for the first 2 - 4 years. But truely Playstation 3 has the better hardware but the developers can not learn to take full potiential of the cell processor and the rx520(watever the gpu is called inside ps3) until near the end of Playstation 3's life cycle.

They didnt name it Xbox 2 because it would have made them look like they were a generation behind Sony Playstation so people wouldnt purchase it.

Xbox Infinity is a nice name =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
Nintendo has already stated that their hardware will be weaker than the Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's. And the Playstation 3's and Xbox 360's graphics will be identical for the first 2 - 4 years. But truely Playstation 3 has the better hardware but the developers can not learn to take full potiential of the cell processor and the rx520(watever the gpu is called inside ps3) until near the end of Playstation 3's life cycle.

That sounds very logical as Sony has learned from the PS2-Xbox thingy that Xbox was almost equally popular because of its graphic engine it now releases a ps3 with enormous attention for graphics and realism... I refer to the yellow ducks in the water simulation

I just hope the Xbox will still live after this gaming generation (Xbox360, Ps3 and Revo) because well... face it... Nintendo's only future is in the handhelds but even there the PSP is tough competion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:32 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Bill Gates has already said that "If we lose, we will play again"

I dont think Xbox going to lose this generation even if its Dreamcast 2 lol. It has Xbox Live and it's Microsoft...

And Sony hasnt showed any real time demos yet and they still plan to launch q2 2006... hard to believe that they arent having problems..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

KillerRay wrote:
And Sony hasnt showed any real time demos yet and they still plan to launch q2 2006... hard to believe that they arent having problems..

I've seen a wip3out kinda game (ingame video) that looks pretty neat but still late-PS2-ish... can't find link anywhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The PS3 looks very promising and I would enjoy buying it. I may have to wait a short while for my paychecks. I use plural because most of the one is going straight to rent and ATA fees. However, averaging 32-40 hours a week at $6 an hour will cover the cost easily. Not to mention that a raise in min. wage is in the works. Boo-ooo Ya-haaa!

Nuggets of Wisdom

*When a one-armed man tells you not to juggle chainsaws, you'd better listen

*Sticking your tongue out to catch snowflakes is fun, catching hypothermia is not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I dub thee "Sir Necro".

Anyway, I would never dream of getting one of these consoles! I mean, £425 for a console and then £60 for each game after that is very bad. The UK price of the PS3 will be $200 more than the US Price! And yet Sony are saying it's a bargain, and that people will buy it because they bought a PS2.

ImageImage
Set - Sunnie
Blinkie - Chass
Left.
ALL HAIL XENU!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:11 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Eh, I was worried about having the money when it comes out, but now that's no problem. The problem is getting the system out of the ridiculous shortage they're going to have at launch. I want to pre-order one, but if it's anything like the XBox 360, it's not going to matter if I preorder one because I will probablyb e working when it's released and they will end up selling off the pre-ordered products (which is complete crap). I'd seriously rather not have to take a day off of work just to be able to get one near the release date (not to mention that because it's being released in November that they will sell out in December too...) I just want one this year.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3