Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maple Story (After a much needed Split!)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:38 am 
PPT God
PPT God

mercurius wrote:
yay for a while i felt a little out of place. yeah, my character's name is Lynnore - a level 20 archer. i've been playing for a while now and i still feel like a New Member. Am I right in saying the only way for one to set up shop in the free market is to buy something from the cash shop? Or is there another way?

edit: is there a list anywhere of the event quests? the only one I know of is Cody's BBQ quest.

edit #2: Pixa, if you would like, you can add me to the running list, I have three characters in Windia, my main being Lynnore, but I also have Fayrenn and Kettara.

The only way I know of now is to buy it out of cash shop. Nexon may be nice though and have some special event that allows people to get maple points without using real money...eventually. [I think one just passed?]

The only event quest right now is Cody's BBQ quest. If you're looking for all the event quests from the beginning of time Maplestory [wait...was there a time before MapleStory? :P Just kidding] MapleTip is pretty good on getting the guides up quickly right now :]

MapleTip

And it's alright if you still feel a little shaky :D
We all started off that way ^.^

Heh as a beginner I did many crazy crazy things :P

Oh has anyone seen the event that's happening for MapleSEA? I'm jealous :O
Caution: Large image :O
Dear Maplers,

Happy Birthday to MapleSEA! To spice up the celebration, there will be 5 quests added in-game on the 19th of June Patch. Let's continue to have more fun and play with MapleSEA!

Talk to the Maple Administrator to participate in the MapleSea 2nd Anniversary Quests.

So get ready for an exciting adventure ahead!

- MapleSEA Administrator

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

mercurius wrote:
yay for a while i felt a little out of place. yeah, my character's name is Lynnore - a level 20 archer. i've been playing for a while now and i still feel like a New Member.

Feel free to add Zhest if you like, I could try to help you out with whatever questions you may have ...and, such. :P

Syrill wrote:
Xerophyte wrote:
mercurius wrote:
I'm in Windia just because it sounded good. . . what are the differences between servers? New? Old? Crowded?

So I'm not the only one here that's in Windia after all?
Huzzah. :roll:

:D Yay Xerophyte is not alone anymore...She's <3ed too :D
:P I snuck onto Windia a couple times but you were never on :O

I'm <3 ed? I never knew. O___o

And you never got to "catch me" probably because I'm on at weird times and I live in a weird country with a weird time zone. (GMT+2) :P
At the moment I'm just trying to get my Assassin to level 51 by Ludi PQing every morning when it's least crowded.
And sometimes I'll be on when most people are on too, but that's mostly to do weird stuff and make sure my weird "friend" is training and not being lazy. *I Are Supervisor* 8)

And speaking of PQing ...looks like there will be none for me tomorrow.
Time for a server check that might lead to something good and big, but could also very well just lead to new CS items and few fixed glitches. (Though when they take down the website ...it usually means they have something big in store.)

Quote:
[Server Check] MapleStory

This one involves ALL GAME SERVERS AND THE MAPLESTORY WEBSITE, and it'll last for approximately 7 hours.

<MapleStory Server Check>

- Server : All Game Servers and Website

- Time : Wednesday June 20th, 11:00 pm ~ 6:00 am PST

(Thursday, June 21th, 6:00 am ~ 1:00 pm GMT)

The website will NOT be available during the server check.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

-The MapleStory Staff-

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

7 hours IS a long time. I'm really wondering what, if anything, they're adding to the game. :o

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Pixa wrote:
7 hours IS a long time. I'm really wondering what, if anything, they're adding to the game. :o

SHOWA? :D *crosses fingers*

I'm thinking it won't be New Leaf City though...but I'll hope for that too :P

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Doubt they'll be adding that exclusive area I've been drooling over ever since I heard about it ...
But there's always a slim chance. :battar:

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Meh I think it was just a standard server check Fweewee...

Oh and the guild has been expanded to fifteen in honor of Xerophyte's no longer being alone :D
[Yes I just totally made up that reason on the spot (the Xerophyte part ;))]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

What am I going to do with all these 4th of July hats?? :cry:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

mercurius wrote:
What am I going to do with all these 4th of July hats?? :cry:

If you're a crazy hoarder like me, hoard all the ones that are above average

This is average I think:
WDEF 10
MDEF 10
Jump +2

so anything above that

NPC the rest ... or you could throw them at random newbies :]

If you do get a Jump +3, I suggest keeping it since necessarily...the only reason to get this hat is for the measly jump ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:53 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

cool - the highest I got was a 10/12,+3 jump. I guess i'll sell the rest or send them over to my mules. They fetch about 1,000 mesos!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They're great for newly made characters on a sever you have no other characters on.
I've made a fortune NPCing them on Mardia. :D

The highest one I have is 11/11 +3, if I remember correctly.
Which isn't so bad. :roll:

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:43 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I noticed the weapons/armor that you can buy from the NPC shops only go up to a certain level on Victoria Island. Do the other islands have better equipment for higher level characters? How do I get to the next island and when should I think about leaving?

If the other islands don't have better equipment, where the heck are people getting all their cool stuff? The free market is just a mess to navigate and I don't have near the amount of mesos people are asking for things.

Last question, how much are workman's gloves really worth? I found a pair a while back that I ended up selling because I found a pair of archer gloves but I noticed they're going for a lot in the free market.

Sorry for all the questions. :oops:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

mercurius wrote:
Do the other islands have better equipment for higher level characters?

Yes...to a certain extent. Non player characters sell up to level 40 weapons and armour. I think it's up to 40. Some shops may sell higher...I'm not certain. But not all higher level equips can be bought.

Quote:
How do I get to the next island and when should I think about leaving?

You go to Ellinia and at the upper right corner, go to the station. You then pay 5000 mesos to get a one way ticket to Ossyria [you'll arrive in Orbis [which is part of the continent Ossyria]]. Stay inside the ship because if a Crimson Balrog shows up, the touch damage will murder you and send you back to Ellinia with no money refunded. You'd then have to fork over another 5000 mesos if you wanted to try going to Ossyria again. From the Orbis train station, you could take a 6000 mesos one way trip to Ludibrium. This is a safe trip so you don't need to hide inside the cabin during the voyage or anything. If you're in the higher levels and you'd like to save money, you can go the long way by clambering down Orbis Tower and going through Aqua Road. At the end of Aqua Road, you'll end up at Korean Folk Town. In Korean Folk Town, you'll find an elevator that goes up to Ludibrium. I hope that explains everything.

Quote:
If the other islands don't have better equipment, where the heck are people getting all their cool stuff?

Monsters drop most of the higher levelled equipment. It really depends on the equipment. Of course, the chance of this is pretty slim so expect outrageously high prices.

Quote:
The free market is just a mess to navigate and I don't have near the amount of mesos people are asking for things.

Yeah, steer clear from the crazy psychoes at free market. Maybe, once in a while, there's a good deal...but mostly it's crazily overpriced.

Quote:
Last question, how much are workman's gloves really worth?

If you're talking about work gloves [the white gloves with an average of 2 defence], they should be around 10-20K according to Basilmarket, which is a pretty good site in terms of selling stuff. It's not necessarily the best site but it's okay. The really crazy prices you see are scrolled gloves probably. A clean [nothing done to it glove] is pretty worthless. A 3 defence work glove might be worth more though.

Quote:
Sorry for all the questions. :oops:

It's alright...Answering them makes me feel semi-productive...which is good :D

Other people are welcome to answer. This is just my perspective :]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Thanks so much, Syrill! I just want to confirm that if I leave an Island (disregarding Maple Island), I can still get back, right? Also, on certain weapons, I see "7 slots" or a certain amount of slots. What does that mean?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:24 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

mercurius wrote:
Also, on certain weapons, I see "7 slots" or a certain amount of slots. What does that mean?

Slots = the number of scrolls you can use on that item.
Even if the scroll doesn't work, the slot will still be lost. :roll:

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

And you can get back to Victoria :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next