PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:17 pm

Jiger wrote:
Great news: I! DID! IT! :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :P :P

Well i don't like to brag.... but my skills are 1337 or at least Elite :lol:
For me it is a big achivment.
Last edited by uru94 Loves Neopets! on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:51 pm

Is there really anything to do after you beat all the gym leaders and the elite four?

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:55 pm

Mermaid Hil wrote:Is there really anything to do after you beat all the gym leaders and the elite four?

Yeah, you gotta go catch'em all :lol:

Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:36 am

and to get it better you gotta train 'em all

Ok Tyranitar(you have the nme of my 2nd fav. pokemon) for your pokemon:

Blaziken@Shell Bell
Sky Uppercut/Double Kick
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Earthquake

:idea: Basically you'd find it better to use Shell Bell as Blaziken attack and SA can get high and it would soon be for the better when you could heal more
:idea: Sky Uppercut is good over Double Kick to a certain degree. i.e. Say that Sky Uppercut misses, which is no damage, now say Double Kick misses only one, you'd go with DK. But then again say Double Kick misses one and Sky uppercut doesn't miss then you'd go with Sky Uppercut. So it's basically whichever you want, One hard hitting move, or 2 medium hitting moves.
:idea: Mirror Move is CRAP, yes C-R-A-P, CRAP! If you need it to win battles your too strong, firstly you only go second and considering the BT has pokemon that seem to be on some steroids made for Superman it is bad. And so is normal moves, because they have no strength. Wherever you can make a Normal type move count either ground/rock/fighting will do better.
:!: Also NEVER EVER put two of the same type moves on a pokemon. I couldn't count how many times I've seen, so called, 1337 trainers do that just to say "It helps when my PP runs out". Well guess what, if you run out of PP in a battle you A) should of healed up first or B)SUCK. Plain and Simple

Tropius@Leftovers
Any flying move(Fly is good)
Earthquake
Sunny day
Solar Beam

:idea: First things first, if it's personality is Jolly then: :D You are WAY ahead of the game, if not thats alright. Ok if it is trade Solar Beam for Swords Dance if you want, and make sure its ability is Clorophyll than you got it made
:idea: With Jolly your Attack and Speed skyrocket so your earthquake with probably even one Swords Dance will be good enough
:idea: Usually Sunny Dayand a Solar Beam/Synthesis aren't good unless you use them constantly because by the second turn you could have fired/healed the same as if you didn't do the Sunny Day, but by the 3rd turn your ahead, but it's only drawback is that you can get 2 SBs and 2 Syn. or 4 SBs/4 Syn.

Swampert looks good to go

Not that it really matters but what i use for the BT works for me:

Espeon@Leftovers
Baton Pass
Double team
Psychic
Recover

Snorlax@(the berry that recovers poke from sleep)/Shell Bell
Belly Drum/Curse
Rest
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Rest(Rest for Belly Drum)

Some uber Poke@some uber item
some uber move
some uber move
some uber move
some uber move(lol i'm cheap)

Now i could be remembering this lineup from my crystal but if you can find that berry it will work faster. Basically have Espeon use Double team till it's maxed then Baton Pass to Snorlax who Belly Drums or Curses max then rest, if Belly Drumed, then hit them HARD! the basic drawback is that if you don't get the Espeon to max Evasion or are against a hazer, your screwed. A Hazer is this sets worst nightmare.

Well sorry about the long post, but I hope youfind it useful.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:06 pm

Jiger wrote:and to get it better you gotta train 'em all

Ok Tyranitar(you have the nme of my 2nd fav. pokemon) for your pokemon:

Blaziken@Shell Bell
Sky Uppercut/Double Kick
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Earthquake

:idea: Basically you'd find it better to use Shell Bell as Blaziken attack and SA can get high and it would soon be for the better when you could heal more
:idea: Sky Uppercut is good over Double Kick to a certain degree. i.e. Say that Sky Uppercut misses, which is no damage, now say Double Kick misses only one, you'd go with DK. But then again say Double Kick misses one and Sky uppercut doesn't miss then you'd go with Sky Uppercut. So it's basically whichever you want, One hard hitting move, or 2 medium hitting moves.
:idea: Mirror Move is CRAP, yes C-R-A-P, CRAP! If you need it to win battles your too strong, firstly you only go second and considering the BT has pokemon that seem to be on some steroids made for Superman it is bad. And so is normal moves, because they have no strength. Wherever you can make a Normal type move count either ground/rock/fighting will do better.
:!: Also NEVER EVER put two of the same type moves on a pokemon. I couldn't count how many times I've seen, so called, 1337 trainers do that just to say "It helps when my PP runs out". Well guess what, if you run out of PP in a battle you A) should of healed up first or B)SUCK. Plain and Simple

Tropius@Leftovers
Any flying move(Fly is good)
Earthquake
Sunny day
Solar Beam

:idea: First things first, if it's personality is Jolly then: :D You are WAY ahead of the game, if not thats alright. Ok if it is trade Solar Beam for Swords Dance if you want, and make sure its ability is Clorophyll than you got it made
:idea: With Jolly your Attack and Speed skyrocket so your earthquake with probably even one Swords Dance will be good enough
:idea: Usually Sunny Dayand a Solar Beam/Synthesis aren't good unless you use them constantly because by the second turn you could have fired/healed the same as if you didn't do the Sunny Day, but by the 3rd turn your ahead, but it's only drawback is that you can get 2 SBs and 2 Syn. or 4 SBs/4 Syn.

Swampert looks good to go

Not that it really matters but what i use for the BT works for me:

Espeon@Leftovers
Baton Pass
Double team
Psychic
Recover

Snorlax@(the berry that recovers poke from sleep)/Shell Bell
Belly Drum/Curse
Rest
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Rest(Rest for Belly Drum)

Some uber Poke@some uber item
some uber move
some uber move
some uber move
some uber move(lol i'm cheap)

Now i could be remembering this lineup from my crystal but if you can find that berry it will work faster. Basically have Espeon use Double team till it's maxed then Baton Pass to Snorlax who Belly Drums or Curses max then rest, if Belly Drumed, then hit them HARD! the basic drawback is that if you don't get the Espeon to max Evasion or are against a hazer, your screwed. A Hazer is this sets worst nightmare.

Well sorry about the long post, but I hope youfind it useful.

Gee, thanks for your help, but I don't care about Team 1. I care about Team _TWO_. Any EV suggestions or move suggestions are appreciated.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:19 pm

Ugh, ive been slacking off on training, even though i just bought Pokemon Colleseum.
Im bored, here are my teams in training (not lvl 100 yet meaning)

Saphire (lvl's 83-87):
Ray (Raquaza) (im really not in a mood to train him)
Rena (Tropius) (Fun one to train)
Salas (Salamence) (He snuck in because i use him for fly)
Zen (Alakazam) (This one is mainly for 2 vs 2 battles, hes got skill swap and roleplay, some ability shifting to do with him =D ) (i just need to train slaking now)
Satia (Latias) (Im going to train what took so long to catch)

Colleseum (Lvl's 59-64):
Yan (Yanma) (Really fun to train because not much people train yanma)
Tina (Mantine) (Mantine, and its a Woman...., now im just making up stuff for this part now)
Ju (Jumpluff) (My only grass on my team, and i love grass types)
Quinn (Quagsire) (I dont know how she became part of the team, but now i see how everyone wants him)
Amy (Ampharos) (I just wanted a sheep on the team)
Dreave (Misdreavus) (It just had to be male didnt it, same as my silver one)

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:08 pm

er uhhh my bad Tyranitar :oops: ok I'll try for this set but I found Medicham fairly hard to make a moveset and the other starters (Sceptile, Swampert)
because I've only started with Torchic all those times :lol: :

Sceptile@Leftovers
Dragon Claw
Leaf Blade
Crunch
Earthquake

:!: Ok first off save the Shell Bell for Medicham preferrably(I hate long words). Or if you want test it out, because those darn personalities can kill a certain MS. Your sceptile had no way of defending itself from those Fire types. Even though it's still weak against Flying use a D-Claw or Crunch and it should go down.

Medicham@Shell Bell
Psychic
Hi-Jump kick
Recover/Bulk Up/Calm Mind
Earthquake

:!: If you want some more elemental(i.e. Ice Beam, Flamethrower) use the -Punches, like Ice Punch, Fire Punch etc. again it all depends on the personality if it needs the B-Up or Calm Mind or Recover

Swampert is good to go

:idea: Also you could go with all starters and put Blaziken in for Medicham, but it doesn't really matter

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:26 pm

Jiger wrote:er uhhh my bad Tyranitar :oops: ok I'll try for this set but I found Medicham fairly hard to make a moveset and the other starters (Sceptile, Swampert)
because I've only started with Torchic all those times :lol: :

Sceptile@Leftovers NAIVE
Dragon Claw
Leaf Blade
Crunch
Earthquake

:!: Ok first off save the Shell Bell for Medicham preferrably(I hate long words). Or if you want test it out, because those darn personalities can kill a certain MS. Your sceptile had no way of defending itself from those Fire types. Even though it's still weak against Flying use a D-Claw or Crunch and it should go down.

Medicham@Shell Bell HASTY
Psychic
Hi-Jump kick
Recover/Bulk Up/Calm Mind
Earthquake

:!: If you want some more elemental(i.e. Ice Beam, Flamethrower) use the -Punches, like Ice Punch, Fire Punch etc. again it all depends on the personality if it needs the B-Up or Calm Mind or Recover

Swampert is good to go

:idea: Also you could go with all starters and put Blaziken in for Medicham, but it doesn't really matter

Yes, I think that's a good idea. I have already put in Ice Punch and I've thieved unsuspecting Luvdiscs into giving me a Heart Scale. ;)
For Sceptile, I don't have the Dragon Claw TM (Latias) or the Earthquake TM (Sceptile in my Party; deleted (!!!) for Focus Punch (?!?!). I guess Dragonbreath would work... and still, I need to get Colosseum... but you just gave me THREE possible choices to use TWO EARTHQUAKE TMs ON!!! Who won't I choose? I don't think I'm adding Earthquake to Tropius... hmmm.... I guess that can all work out afterall. :) Thanks! Now I just need EV suggestions. I've put their natures in bold beside their names/items in the Quotes above.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:53 pm

oh yeah I forgot about the one time only TMs (darn nintendo). umm well since you have all starters you could store the good pokemon on Colleseum(unless I'm thinking Pokemon Box) then start all over(yes I can't believe you could actually put those words together in a sentence either :lol: ) and save the TMs. Ok about EVs, I'm not a master but since Hasty and Naive both have Speed + it's alright but Medicham should get Defense EVs because Hasty lowers Defense and Naive lowers Sp. Def. so Sceptile should work on that. What pokemon should you fight for those EVs? I don't know let me do some more research. Oh and about the TMs, you could always breed it to the poke if it'll work. And Earthquake is a pretty strong and PP worthy move so I'd say put it on every poke you can if you could buy it. Or like I said above instead if you have both versions or another friend has one you could store your pokemon on his/hers and start all over and then trade the TM attached to a poke to theirs and then when you want trade back.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:20 am

Great, then I'd have to raise another Treeko/Torchic. *sigh*
Hey, can they even breed with Pokemon that know Earthquake? (and can Treeko and Torchic even LEARN Earthquake at such an early stage?)

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:47 am

oh my bad, AGAIN!, none of the starters can breed with anything and to your second question yes because if a pokemon can learn a move at any of it's later evolutions it can learn it earlier. With the exceptions of some poke i.e. Charizard(from yellow version) is the only of it's evolutions that can learn fly, and IIRC Flygon evolves from Trapinch(please correct me if I'm wrong) and can only learn fly from either it's 2nd evolution or it's 3rd.

Also, I'm not very good at doing Move Sets and if you haven't gone there yet go to GameFAQs.com and search up Moveset/Team Building Guide for the best Move Set. Also if you don't know about IVs, EVs, etc. look up the Advanced Trainer Guide.

:!: DON'T FOLLOW THOSE MOVE SETS
The move sets I gave you had mixed EVs, I'm sorry. I didn't remember that you only have 551 total EVs to give to stats. But I also learned that it's best to give 252 stats to 2 stats. I.E. 252 EVs to Attack and Defense and the left over one to, say Speed, but it all depends on what you want.

Ex: Give your Blissey/Chansey 252 EVs in both HP(to boost her already Uber HP stat) and 252 EVs to Defense(so it could make it twice as hard to deal damage, although it might not be twice as hard but still) and the left over one in Speed.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:28 am

i caught latias and latios easily (bless nintendo for chosing chesterfield to host a giveaway - eon ticket) got lati-whichever was random (i forgot, think it was on saphire offhand) with an ultra ball, and a LOT of luck, and lati-other one with a great ball (doesnt run obiously)

Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:16 pm

Setekh wrote:i caught latias and latios easily (bless nintendo for chosing chesterfield to host a giveaway - eon ticket) got lati-whichever was random (i forgot, think it was on saphire offhand) with an ultra ball, and a LOT of luck, and lati-other one with a great ball (doesnt run obiously)

Lucky! I chased Latias for 6 months and me and my friend did a Pokedex Trade (even though he stole my Latias and insisted that I give him Kyroge, which I did, because now I don't have any more Genderless Pokemon, and I also got a shiny Tentacruel out of it :))

Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:22 pm

I really only need to tell you 1 member of my team:

Rayquaza (lv. 96) Amulet Coin

Fly
Hyper Beam (for contests)
Dragon Claw
Dragon Rage

For first three battles in Elite Four, (or first four if you have enough PP by then) use Fly against first three Pokemon. Then use Dragon Rage. If you don't have enough PP left for Fly when battling Drake, Use Dragon Claw for first three Pokemon. Dragon Claw your way through the Champion.

Because Rayquaza can beat up basically anything with no problem, except for Steel, the rest of my team is really not important, but, it contains an Egg, (with a certain fire type GSC starter inside)3rd form of GSC starters, and any Pokemon I happen to be training with EXP Share.

P. S., just last night I found out how to get Milotic. First, you must spend several hours exploding in anger that such a stupid monster is sitting on 6 spots laughing at you. Then you must catch about 500 of said Pokemon, because then you must spend hours perfecting various berries into candies. This is going to be so tough! I want a candy. I'm the doing all the hard work... *spits*

Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:48 pm

Ya, i beat the first 50 in the battle tower (100) (i got to 70).
I got ribbons on a team i wouldnt expect to receive them.

This is the team i used (-_-).

Torkoal (Coal)(M)@Quick Claw
Flamethrower
Eruption
Body Slam
Amnesia

Shedinja (dinja) @ Choice Band
Shadow Ball
Secret Power
Confuse Ray
Grudge
(Really needs a replacement for grudge and confuse ray)

Walrein (Rin)(F) @ Leftovers
Attract
Encore
Surf
Icebeam
(This move set has been working well)

I might need just a little help on my shedinja. And EGG moves dont help me NOW. (Their lvl 100)

Tested wrote:I really only need to tell you 1 member of my team:

Rayquaza (lv. 96) Amulet Coin

Fly
Hyper Beam (for contests)
Dragon Claw
Dragon Rage

Ok, requaza may be nice for the game playing, but for fighting other people, it needs lots of work.
Your rayquazas only "good" move is Dragon Claw. All the others need to be changed if you want to fight other people well.
Just try out some combinations with him.
1-2 physical attacks, 2-3 Special Attacks.

My idea for mine is:

Raquaza@Naive
Dragon Claw
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Brick Break

There probably is better, but this works for mine.
Topic locked