Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*healthy* zorg is back :D

Finally

Well I still have a slight cough but thats aside the point.

I'm back to the thread where everyone knows my name! haha

Anyhoo

I went into the local store last friday with my freind, very evil and rough with my sad poor little army as I still have not bought myself a warhammer case.. which I SHALL do soon enough. Wondered in, there was a game before i got to play and they were using the cards or something which I still don't entirely get... but ended up playing on half of that table against another regular at the store who i've played with various armies.

Well that batlle was a non-event... He was using the store Ultramarine army, (prize winning painted) for 500 points, and a 500point necron army is like tiny... 2 squads and a HQ, an ultramarine one isn't much bigger... except for the unfair TANK sitting in the middle. Ohwell

Nearly a complete massacre, he new how to play with that army (he's actually really good, he's in the year below me at my shcool but I never say hey...) Sometimes i actually have really good games with him (the cadian game I think I mentioned before, when I was 2 guys from phase out :D) But I caused something like 2 casualties :cry:

Ohwell. And the store is making it stricter on their rules on basing your army, so now I have to properly base all my army in unison... (some of them are really old cheap flock, otheres are done properly with static grass & sand)

So I may aswell wait until I can buy a case.. which i can't any time soon because the Royal Show is here which is a must spend spend spend impulse buy sorta thing.

ohwell

The 40k rule book does read good though :D Finally got to read it off my freind... purdy pictures to say the least.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

note the SLANN in the rulebook :D
the old ones are returneth, fear for your godly lives c'tan, fear for we are returned, and were angry :evil:
but still magical frogs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

lol

Yeh I saw the picture of the frog dude... I didn't get a chance to read anything about it.

My freind who owns the rulebook is going to africa for two weeks, so I get to *look after* his rulebook :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

history lesson eh? well i have two hourse before i need to leav for college so okays.
first off, i assume youve read about the war in heaven in the necron dex?
well the old ones had some minions on their side, the slann, greatest and formost among the newborns, make the eldar look like puppy dogs as far as technology and magicalness goes.
well, anyway, after the enslavers messed up the psycher plan (the old ones created dozens of psychic species to help fight the c'tan, the enslavers are warp born...things that, well enslave them) the old ones kinda, dissapeared, if 40k and fantasy are indeed connected (confirmed in liber:chaotica tzeentch, the philosipher speaks too magnus the red, thusand sons primarch) then they fled too the warhammer world, and tried to start again, they failed when the warp gates collapsed (which coincides with the birth of slaanesh) after that, they were no more, a few may have survived but theres no word of them.
anywya, some slann survived and exist in the halo zones, the outermost region of the galaxy, where it is said great ghostly thingys live, they are plotting, waiting, being frogs.
...okay go http://www.portent.net there, sign up and ask on the background forums, my SN is: the pestilent 1 if you wanna ask me specificly, the slann in 40k arent my strong point too say the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cool :)

I got the rulebook of my freind who is now in africa, so i'll be reading that over the next 2 weeks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

bot got mine yet :(
still, i have a copy of the fluff bible (not that it exists ofcourse...)
which details everything games workshop ever did for 40k.
that was until they ordered its removal (hence why i cant give you a copy of it, not least because its about 400 megabytes in size)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/fort.htm
oh. my. dark chaos god. (nurgle).
its at moments like this i wish i was an irish millionaire who didnt get stiffed by fate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whats the Fluff Bible?

And ... WOW that is insanely cool! Can't wait until they paint that thing.... that'd just look somewhat amazing!

I've nearly finished basing my whole 40k army since they got really strict on having them based, I need to buy a brown for the bottom though (all deserty). I have done alot with making the scarab bases look interesting, my bits box finally payed off. Which, was HUGE btw, because of all my chaos spree stuff.

One of my other freinds who kind of plays warhammer paints his models REALLY slowly, so i'm getting him to paint up a kill team. What do you think of kill teams? I still dont' fully understand the whole concept (seems a bit unfair to me).

I'm suprised they haven't had people willing to do anything they (gameworkshop) wants to have the movie, effectively it already has a following of HUGE numebrs. The storyline is just pure action aswell... aswell as having millions of different storylines. They could make a TV series if they wanted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

first things first.
remember, the fluff bible doesnt exist (no telling games workshop employees you know of it, their legal team went nuts when they found out) but basicly it had EVERY piece of background in it, right from the start, up until the witchhunters codex (which was when it was killed) you name somthing, its in there.
malal (the fifth chaos god) the jakero (space orangotans..) heck, im sure teh zoatle where in there too (just...dont ask)

kill team isnt about winning, its about going out in such a massive explosion that you destroy your objective in the process (think the dirty dozen here) personally im trying to convince my friend to give it a go, im sure i could make a really characterful nurgle infiltration sqaud, chosen or possessed prehaps (my local club has taken to altering the rules slightly, makes more sence for models to act independantly, moving forward taking pot shots, that kind of thing)

weve been talking about a film (or more of a mini series-think band of brothers) about the horus heresy, would be interesting to finally see the fight between horus and the emporer in full screen.
and whether games workshop go for the "sanguinius wounded horus" or the "ollinous pius saved the emporer by jumping infront of horus' attack" one (the ollinous pius is WAY old fluff (background) that existed for a rather short time, before he was replaced with sanguinius's sacrafice (well, sanguinius already had a part, but it was increased in importance)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:33 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
that was until they ordered its removal (hence why i cant give you a copy of it, not least because its about 400 megabytes in size)

*cough*BitTorrent*cough*

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Stijn wrote:
Setekh wrote:

*cough*BitTorrent*cough*

are we TRYING to attract games workshops wrath?
seriously here, the fluff bible, although commended by the games developers (it allowing the new people to the game to see how warhammer has changed for a start) it was still a highly illegal practice, especially considering games workshops rather nuttso legal team (they sued blizzard over starcraft, and actually won.
THAT is why we'll never see starcraft 2, heck im suprised ghost got passed them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

woah
what did they sue starcraft over? i've never heard of that!

And I had a freind over on tuesday & wednesday, we played a couple of games with my really old chaos army against necrons (switching sides each time)

Necron Force - Itsy Bitsy one, Just a squad of necron warriors and some destryoers with a mounted lord (yea i know its not actually legal but this made it more interesting)

Chaos Force - Two Rhinos, with a squad of Khorne Beserkers and a squad of Chaos Space marines, a chaos lord & a dreadnaught.

We were playing a get your troops thru this bridge before necron reinforcements arrive, and I won both times :D Not suprising, he's barely played any games, but when I was necrons, I teased the units out of the rhinos which stopped him from getting in fast enough, and when I was chaos I just stormed thru (kinda screwed up when my rhino blew up inbetween 2 buildings and hte rhino behind was completely stuck :( But it was an enjoyable evening.

new whitedwarf :D I got it yesterday, its not that good, loads of LOTR stuff (boring) and alot of Macragge info & battlereports.. Could've put better things in for that :)

They're acting like people will have joined recently and this is their first white dwarf.. I doubt theres that many new people this month.

Annnd I FINALLY found the HALO warthog picture in Whitedwarf 284 :) There was a mention of it in this months thing so i ofund it... i was trying to find it to show it to my halo nuts freinds :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

lord of the rings is a great game, a helluva lot more tactical than fantasy anyways.

games workshop sued blizzard over the zerg-tyranid comparissons, amongst other things (space marines anyone) they did infact win it too.

after watching resident evil 2 (and being thuroughly confuddled by the weird ending, the camera zooms out, into space and we see its set on a planet that is obviously not earth :roll: ) ive decided, i need a MASSIVE legion of plague zombies for my lost and the damned, i worked out i could get some 180 of them in a 1500pt army..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've never really been attracted 2 LOTR warhammer, I just think its kidna a waste of time. I might play it one day though

I've never played much starcraft, but thats a bit off... most people who design these sorts of games would also play warhammer, so there is going to be comparisons (i'd find myself complimented if someone stole my ideas! )

I need to go see htat, haven't seen it yet :) I'm not sure if its even out in australia yet... It probably is. Although 180 plauge zombies would just be fun :D There isn't much options for a necron army like that...

Quote:
Subplots for Warhammer 40,000 games
Want a laff? Roll a D20 before the battle and apply the result:

One of the players' models has mysteriously contracted a dose of MACS (Mysteriously Acquired Crazy Syndrome). The disease takes hold instantly and without warning, causing the victim to act in a totally uncontrolled, murderous and unpredictably dangerous manner until slain. MACS may be mysteroiusly transmitted through any sort of protective clothing, walls, armour plating, etc. Any model of the same race has a 1 in 6 chance of contracting the disease if it comes within 2" of the victim. Roll a dice for each model with MACS at the start of every turn; on a 6 they move 2d6" randomly for the rest of the game, firing their most dangerous weapon at the closest target or charging if they can.

A unit is unhappy with it's leader, who is brutal, dishonest, stupid, incompetent or otherwise subject to some personality defect which makes him extremely unpopular. Any model drawing a line of fire within 2" of this person will 'accidentally' shoot at him instead. If the shot hits, a firefight starts between the two models (assuming the target isn't killed).

A random vehicle is subject to some unknown mechanical problem. Every turn, on a roll of 6 on a D6, it will break down and become immobile, only starting up again if a 6 is rolled in any subsequent turn. The machine breaks down this way all game.

Unknown to either side, unexploded mines litter the battlefield. Oops. Every time a model moves, roll 2d6: on a double, the model sets of a mine with the same effect as a Frag grenade, centred on the activating model.

One of the characters taking part in the battle is the subject of a personal vendetta- perhaps he is blamed for causing somebody elses death, perhaps he is an unconvicted drug dealer, or has fled owing money. Whatever the reason, on the D6 roll of 6 at the start of any turn one random unit from the opposing side reveals itself as bounty hunters and immediatley attempts to shoot the character to death.

One of the characters on either side suddenly meets someone from his / her past: old girlfriend, spouse, relative, fellow conspirator, enemy, long-lost pet cat, etc. All shooting rolls the character makes are at -1 to hit, as his mind isn't really on the battle.

The scene of the battle has been unexpectedly chosen by a criminal gang as a place to conduct a secret deal of some sort- meet fellow smugglers, exchange hostages, swap money, drugs, weapons, etc. Two units of any race appear on the battlefield, moving and firing randomly at anything in sight.

One character bears a previously unexplained grudge against another (on either side). Roll a D6 at the start of every turn- on a 6 the character becomes obsessed with killing his enemy, and must move his full M value toward him every turn, shooting or charging if he can.

Act of God(s): A natural disaster hits the battlefield. For example, an earthquake, flood, volcanic eruption, starship crash, meteor strike, etc. Roll a dice for every model, on a 1 they take D3 S6 hits. Each piece of terrain moves 2d6" in a random direction, carrying models along with it.

Creatures or plants the armies were previously unaware of appear, making trouble for both sides. Roll a D6 every time a model tris to do something- move, shoot, strike blows in hand-to-hand combat, etc. On a 1 they are prevented from doing so by an animal or plant that has recently revealed itself and is making trouble.

While the players battle it out a third force enters on a random table edge at the start of the 'D4'th turn. This force comprises 500 points of whatever models are to hand.

One or more radom characters is daemonically possessed. Roll a D6 at the start of each of his turns, on a 6 he moves and shoots randomly for the rest of the battle.

One random squad has been supplied with a bad batch of weapons. Every time a member of the squad rolls a 1 to hit, the weapon breaks and is rendered useless.

Any buildings are artifacts of an ancient civilisation. Models entering them are suffused with a feeling of deep peace and calm, and may not do anything else until they pass a Ld test at the beginning of their turn.

Refugees are taking cover in the middle of the battlefield. Every time any model moves into cover that is within 12" of the centre of the table, he / she takes D3-1 S3 hits from the refugees weapons.

Prior to the outbreak of hostilities, the area was visited by Dr Gostellos' Amazing Intergalactic Psycho-Circus. The circus has got caught up in the fight; any model not in cover suffers D6-3 S'D4' hits every turn from the dangerous creatures, weird aliens, frightening mutants and psychic clowns.

The battlefield is riddled with tunnels. Every turn, roll a D6 for anything that rests on the ground (e.g., not Eldar anti-grav platforms) and is bigger than a normal model (e.g., Terminators, Dreadnoughts, Vehicles). On a 6 it falls into the tunnels and is useless for the rest of the battle unless it has legs, in which case it can make an I test every turn to climb out.

Unknown to either side, a random character is an experimental android. If reduced to 0 wounds the android starts moving randomly and gets +1 to all characteristics; if it blunders into anything it fights it in hand-to-hand combat. When destroyed (for a second time, the +1 applies to wounds as well) it explodes with the same effect as a Plasma grenade.

One random building on the table houses bizarre alien equipment- any model going in can make a Ld test to work out how to use it, and emerges with a random heavy weapon.

A camera crew belonging to a local media company has managed to get onto the battlefield and is wandering around, trying to interview troops and generally distracting people. All troops within 4" suffer -1 on all dice rolls. Only characters and unit leaders can shoot the camera crew, anyone else is reluctant to do so.

You may have seen this, but I love the last one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

the last one forcibly reminded me of that bit of Tau fluff, about the camera crew getting shot up by a leman russ (didnt bite the battle cannon alas)
well, my next tourny army is offically a plague zombie army, lead by a champion of nurgle with a power weapon.
just need about one hundred plague zombies now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

thats gunna take you a while to paint :P (and use up lots of greenstuff)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next