Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
rbpnmn wrote:
Quote:
Twelve!? I'd like to see that list as I can only count about five or six. I'm guessing most of those were never released in America, and seeing as we're talking about the American release, I don't think those really count. Better graphics yes, but did they have better games? Of course the Gameboy has been selling better, for the reason mentioned above and the fact that people can't seem to break away from their roots (which can be good and bad). I don't think the PSP can flop as badly as you say. With so many fanatics willing and ready to buy the PSP, it may sell horribly or not as well as the DS, but to fail worse than the GameGear it almost impossible for the PSP. I think that supply and demand will take its toll here.

Game.com
GameGear
GamePark32 (Don't know if that counts)
Sega Nomad
Lynx
NeoGeo
N-Gage
NeoGeo Pocket Color
WonderSwan
WonderSwan Color
PCEngine TurboGT

Gah, I know there at least one more but I can't think of it! Well, that's 11 of them. And I am not saying the PSP will flop. This could end up being N64 VS PS all over again. I am just saying that IMO, DS is far better. *glances at sig* *runs off and plays DS* *runs back and realises (sp?) that I didn't hit the submit button* *hits submit button* *runs off and plays DS*

Hmm... wow. Were those really big market projects though? I've only heard of about half of them :\ (actually the only ones I never heard of are Game.com, Gamepark32, and PCEngines, I seemed to forgot most of the others :lol: ). That's a lot of flops.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject: Re: Nintendo DS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:33 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

bdd1 wrote:
rbpnmn wrote:
OK, here is what the PSP can do.
Play MP3's
Play movies off UMD discs
Can display Small movies and pictures off a memory stick
It has PS2 graphics while the DS has N64 graphics

So it's a mini X-Box, basically? Anyways, the DS and does NOT have 64-bits, it has 128-bits! The exact same as the PS2! How do I know this? I HAVE a DS and I know my bittage. The graphics are much more smooth and crisp compared to the N64 and the games are much more then the N64 can handle. It even says in the VG magazines I read that it is 128-bits. The reason everyone says it's 64-bits is because one of it's games has "64" in the title.

Bits mean nothing anymore. It's all about the Polygons. The psp has A LOT more power than the DS. That is fact. The DS is around the N64 level. Some games will be above it (Super Mario 64 DS) and some games may be below it (the urbz).

I Honestly don't know it all those systems were big market projects. One thing to note is that the GP32 is more of an emulator. It can run an SNES emulator. It is kinda cool. Game.com was made by Tiger. It came out in 1994. It had a touch screen and internet access. Really cool but WAAAAYYYYYY ahead of its time.

Post subject: bits
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

And, actually the bits the processor has really meant anything when it came to graphics anyway.
For example the 8-bit NES had 2-bit sprites and the 16-bit SNES had 4-bit sprites.
http://forum.captainn.net/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=spriteschool;action=display;num=1083683450
So number of bits really don't mean much anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

rbpnmn wrote:
Bits mean nothing anymore. It's all about the Polygons. The psp has A LOT more power than the DS. That is fact. The DS is around the N64 level. Some games will be above it (Super Mario 64 DS) and some games may be below it (the urbz).

So you're saying that the DS is a pile of junk and we should all get the supoerior PSP? How do you know the PSP is better, anyhow? Do you own one? I've seen both systems, they are equally powerful. This is good, because that means it's will puirely be a contest of which has better games, because games are literally the only reason you even BUY one!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:16 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

bdd1 wrote:
rbpnmn wrote:

So you're saying that the DS is a pile of junk and we should all get the supoerior PSP? How do you know the PSP is better, anyhow? Do you own one? I've seen both systems, they are equally powerful. This is good, because that means it's will puirely be a contest of which has better games, because games are literally the only reason you even BUY one!

Have you looked at my sig and av? I am a DS nut. In fact I HATE the PSP. I am just pointing out that that the PSP's graphics are a lot better than the DS's. If you still don't believe me, just look at these screens for ridge racers for each system.

DS:

PSP: Image

Now, RR for DS was kinda rushed so its graphics could be quite a bit better but no where near the PSP's level.

If you still aren't convinced, just look at these specs.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Nintendo-DS-C-11722-x-4-6

The DS and the PSP are NO WHERE NEAR equal when it comes to graphics. With that said, I still think the DS is a lot better than the PSP because Nintendo has always been about the games. Not purdy graphics.

Last edited by rbpnmn on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:14 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I haven't read this whole thread but I've had my DS about 3 weeks now and I love it. I don't buy anything but Nintendo products regarding games. But, depending on the games that come out for PSP , I might pick up a PSP in addition to my DS.

My 3 favorite books
Harry Potter
Lemony Snicket
Elektra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well guys im excited my DS is arriving tomorrow :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:45 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Stop argueing -.- They both have ups and downs. DS and PSP can do almost exactly the same things... play movies.. play mp3s.. play games.. wireless lan/net...

The Nintendo president even said himself that "Nintendo is not directly competiting against Sony's PSP because we are two different companise who do not believe in the same goal. Sony focuses on the current general gaming audience and hardware. While Nintendo are focusing on geting nongamers and retired gamers into gaming. Nintendo hopes to expand and revolutionize the gaming industry. We welcome PSP to the handheld market"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

GOT MY NINTENDO DS ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I only have the demo and a couple of GBA games but im fine with that until the DS comes out here in 4 weeks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:50 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

vtothec wrote:
GOT MY NINTENDO DS ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I only have the demo and a couple of GBA games but im fine with that until the DS comes out here in 4 weeks

Yeah, I keep coming back the the Metroid Demo. IT IS FUN! Spread the word about the DS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

That demo is really hard I dont understand the level when your a ball rolling around collecting those things...urgh gotta wait another month for games to come out here *jumps around* oh well *hugs DS*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:57 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

vtothec wrote:
That demo is really hard I dont understand the level when your a ball rolling around collecting those things...urgh gotta wait another month for games to come out here *jumps around* oh well *hugs DS*

OK, number one, use the stylus to control samus in the shooting modes. With the morphball maze, just keep trying to get all the blue balls. If you miss one, just go on. You get more points for getting two or more in a row. If you get every ball, your score will be insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:18 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I still say they are equal, but it really doesn't matter. The only reason you get a system is for the games, right? That will ultimately decide which is better for each person. It's the whole reason I got a DS, really. Actually, come to think of it, if the DS released an Earthbound game, I'd buy 7 of them (of the game, that is)! Nintendo has its cult classics and PSP has its original titles.

Special thanks to Joey from NNN for the sig!

Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px. limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:37 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I just love Pictochatting with myself... XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

DS + Memory sticks + mp3s = real.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b8-70-ghq.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next