Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Random Kingdom Hearts Question...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:30 am 

Location: If I'm here, I'm probably at home, procrastinating...
Now I haven't actually finished the game yet (at the Nightmare Before Christmas place), but I've got a question that poped into my head as I was watching the FMV, and it hasn't been answered yet:

OH! Almost forgot. *Puts on boring "emergency alert test on TV voice" *
Quote:
The following may contain spoilers, if you haven't passed the Destiny Islands part of the game yet. And one more spoiler from later in the game that doesn't really spoil anything much... Actually, not much of a spoiler, since Destiny Islands is the very beginning of the game, and it's quite obvious what's going to happen. Just didn't want anybody to get mad for ruining something, that's all... Anyways, moving on..

So after the first weird part, you end up on Destiny Islands. If you talk to Wakka, he says something along the lines of, "Ah, this is the life. No parents, no responsibilities..." And it seems as if Sora and his friends are the only ones on the island, especially as they say something like, "I wonder why we're here, on this island?" and "I don't remember anything about where I came from." (So now I'm thinking they mysteriously ended up on the island, with no remembrance of their past, which is OK by me... I also supposed they lived in the wooden hut-things on the island and ate mushrooms and gull eggs... Anyways.)

After the second day, you go to sleep and see that... Sora has a room! One with a bed (though he apparently has no pajamas), and he has a mom, who calls him to dinner! Where'd that come from!?!

Then, much later in the game, you see Sora reminiscing, about talking to Riku about Kairi. They say something like, "That new girl is cute.. I think she's the mayor's daughter," or something...
Eh? Mayor?! Town?! Other people? where?

So has anyone else noticed and been rather perturbed by this? Or am I missing something painfully obvious, which would explain this whole thing. Or am I just annoyingly observant and picky? Anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

To me I thought Wakka was just talking about how when they are playing on the beach there are no parents.

And I pictured that Destiny Island does have a town... you just can't see it maybe? So when they said "I wonder why we are on this island" the "we" probably includes the town.

That's my explanation... not 100% right by any means. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Chanel wrote:
To me I thought Wakka was just talking about how when they are playing on the beach there are no parents.

And I pictured that Destiny Island does have a town... you just can't see it maybe? So when they said "I wonder why we are on this island" the "we" probably includes the town.

That's my explanation... not 100% right by any means. :P

You are right, I also think that some anwser will be explain in KH2, since you get to see the town that near destiny island. I hope some anwser will be there.

-If you ever need help, I'll do my best to help
-My Neopet name is Galonski64
-I am offering homes for the poor Clockwork Icy Skeleton so if you have one you hate, please donate them to me, Thankyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I HEARD that she is the mayors daughter.

It may just be mumbo jumbo.
And yes there is a town. Other-wise Sora would be like..."Civilization....omg!wtflmaol33t!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:25 pm 

Location: If I'm here, I'm probably at home, procrastinating...
:D Oh. Never thought of that. Thankee muchly for clearing up a very confusing point (reminds me of when my friend was playing, and she's like, "How come there's no people in Traverse town? It's kinda scary O.o"
Again, thankee muchlies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kairi actually used to live in Hollow Bastian.
There is a scene with Kairi+Grandma talking about the creation of darkness in HB library.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It's a Square game! Nearly every thing they come out with has story holes big enough to drive the Death Star through.

Just sit back and enjoy.

No need to drive me crazy, I'm close enough to walk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think the "Why are we here on this island" question is more philosophical than literal. It's like, "What made fate (or destiny! muah! lol) decide to put us here, instead of somewhere else in the world? What else is there, beyond our island, for us to see?"

As far as the town thing goes, I think there might be a town on another island, or a mainland sort of area, and Destiny Island is just the place where all the kids go to hang out. Remember the dock with all the little canoes? I think they must paddle over to the island from where ever their town is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Erin wrote:
I think the "Why are we here on this island" question is more philosophical than literal. It's like, "What made fate (or destiny! muah! lol) decide to put us here, instead of somewhere else in the world? What else is there, beyond our island, for us to see?"

As far as the town thing goes, I think there might be a town on another island, or a mainland sort of area, and Destiny Island is just the place where all the kids go to hang out. Remember the dock with all the little canoes? I think they must paddle over to the island from where ever their town is.

Haha! I didn't even think of that (about there being another island). That makes more sense than what I proposed ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think there might be another island that they actually live on. Because in a screenshot from KH2, they show a girl who looks strangely like Kairi, standing on an island with a town, and looking at Destiny Island in the distance.

But that's just my two cents.

Gone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]